Xiumin

Baozi

Buns. That’s his favorite food and that’s how he looks like. The first word he also said was ‘buns’. That’s because his father is also a bun maniac. He loved eating buns as well as making them.
‘oh my, he looks exactly like a bun.’ That’s what Xiumin’s dad said when Xiumin was born. And they call him ‘baozi’.

Xiumin grew up eating buns. And he wanted to have his own bakery in the future. So he learned to bake.
Xiumin tried making different kinds of buns. He used his wild imaginations making them. Some turned out to be very tasty. Some are more than tastier, that even the dogs in the street won’t eat. But, Xiumin liked everything he made.

 

One time he made ramen buns, using ramen as the filling. And it turned out to be a success. Everybody liked the taste of it. Those were the days that his little shop got many customers. Because of his ramen buns, he was able to have a high income than they used to have. Plus, everybody loved the cute, easy-going, bun-like owner of the shop.

 

One day, the president of South Korea had the urge to eat some food from the outside for his evening tea. When he mentioned about this to his secretary, the secretary who is a regular customer of Xiumin, bought buns from Xiumin’s shop, wanting to give the best impression of food from the street.

Mr. Park, the secretary, smirked when he saw the president’s eyes grew bigger. “Mr. Park, this is… asdjkfl.” “Yes sir, it is.” Mr. Park replied trying to hide his laughter because that’s what exactly happened to him on his first day when he tried those.
“Do you want me to have him inside the blue house, sir?” Mr. Park asked, knowing the president well. “Yes! Whoever it is, I want that person to make me those buns every evening! Make him come to the blue house and make sure he only makes them for the blue house staff and no one else!” the president ordered.
Greedy much?! Mr. Park rolled his eyes inside his head, bowing to the president. Now I can eat the buns for free. Mr. Park smirked while parking his car near Xiumin’s shop.

********************************

“Mr. President, Xiumin refuse to close his shop.” Mr. Park said sadly. “Who is Xiumin?” “Oh, he’s the owner of that bun shop.” “He refused to close his shop? He dared to disobey the president? Where is he? Bring him here!” “Yes sir. He’s outside.” Mr. Park bowed and opened the door for Xiumin to enter.
“Xiumin! How dare you say no to your president?!” “Sir, I didn’t say no. I only said that I don’t want close the shop. I enjoy my customers comments about my buns. If I close the shop, I won’t be able to hear them.” Xiumin said politely.
“Xiumin, I am the president here! You do as I say! You are going to close that ing shop of yours and serve the blue house. It’s an honor to work in here. Lot of people are trying to enter here, and here you are throwing away the opportunity.
your salary will be five time bigger than your income. And there will be a special award too. How old are you?” “25, sir.”
 “Are you married?” “No, sir.”
“Do you have a girl friend?” “No, sir.”
“Then it’s settled.” “Huh?!”
“You, Xiumin, looks like a bun, do you know that?” “Y-yes, sir. They call me baozi because of that.”
 “Well baozi, you’re cute boy. And my daughter loves cute boys. I’m sure she will not say no to you.” “Uhh… I still don’t get it sir.”
“Don’t call me sir. Call me dad. Xiumin, you will marry my daughter.”

 

And that’s how the president made Xiumin live in the blue house.