Dugeun Dugeun (Beating of my heart)

Noona's Diary

Kai went to the library that afternoon. Wanting some extra scores for his exam, he came to help the librarian just like how his instructor told him to. The first task he was given was to arrange the library cards. So after talking to the librarian, he went to a table, stood beside it and started doing his work.

He grew up in a conservative family. Kai was the only son so his parents were really protective of him, especially hia father. They decided to enroll him on a special learning program, home schooling, because his father thought that he would learn better if the teacher is focused only to him. Every year, home schooled students are given activies that could somehow let them experience normal school life. One of these is studying a week in school instead of the one-on-one classes with the instructors. This part, was one of Kai's favorite. Since he doesn't have a lot of friends, he enjoys socializing with new people and meeting new ones.

Ringggg. A phone rang acroos the room. It was loud enough for Kai to hear on his spot. He looked around to see where the sound came and saw a blonde girl walking hurriedly out of the library.

"Kai?" The librarian called him while covering the phone she's holding to prevent the person on the other line from hearing what she is saying. When Kai heard it, he put down the cards on the table and walked towards the librarian. "Can you please tell the owner of that phone to turn it off? I am speaking with Mr. Lee right now." The libratian smiled at him after.

"No problem Miss." He smiled back and nodded.

Kai looked around for the sight of the blonde girl that he saw a while ago. And there she was sitting across the room talking with another girl. He walked to where the girl was and smiled. "Hi."

Hyoyeon faced Kai as soon as Yoona pointed at him. She just blinked in front of him, feeling her heart beat go faster every second. WHAT IS THIS? Words barely escaped her lips so Yoona, not being able to stand her bestfriend's reaction, spoke instead. "Hello there!" She said while waving her hand.

Kai turned to Yoona with a smile. "Hi." He waved back. After greeting Yoona, he looked at Hyoyeon still wearing that smile he had. "Was the phone that rang yours?"

Hyoyeon heard what he said. But there was this thing that was keeping her from talking-- her heart was going crazy. At that moment she can't understand anything that was happening within her, why she can't speak, why she was so nervous in front of Kai and especially why her heart was beating that fast. It was all firsts for Hyoyeon. But there was something she was sure of-- Kai was the reason why.

"O-oh.. the phone ye-yes it's mine. Why?"  She shyly replied as she tries to look away from Kai's gaze.

"I'm just going to ask if you could turn it off?" Kai said. "Or if you really need to use it maybe put it on silent mode." He smiled.

"Oh yeah my phone-" She immediately took her phone out trying to turn it off quickly with her hands that were shaking a bit and instead it fell on the floor. "Oh god why now-" She said quietly as she bent down to pick it up. Kai being a gentleman, bent down at the same time as Hyoyeon to pick up the phone making their head bump at each other.

"Ah!" Hyoyeon and Kai said together. They were both rubbing their heads until Hyoyeon noticed that their faces were merely apart. So she immediately grabbed her phone and moved away. "Sorry about that."

Kai straightened up. As soon as he saw Hyoyeon's face turning red, he walked up to her and asked worriedly with his hands on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

She quickly moved her shoulders away making Kai's hand fall. "I- I'm okay. Perfect-ly o-kay. It's just a bum-"

"OMO, Hyo- your face is so red! Are you okay?" Yoona interrupted. Seeing her friend's reddish appearance, she put her hand on Hyoyeon's forehead to check if she was sick. "But you're not hot--"

"I'm perfectly fine yoona and.." She turned to Kai and breathed in before speaking. "I already turned my phone off so no worries for another noise. Sorry for that again."

"It's okay, at least for me." Kai chuckled a bit. OH WAIT HAVE I INTRODUCED MYSELF? Kai just realized that. After minutes of talking he didn't even mention his name once. So he pulled out hishand towards hyoyeon and said. "I'm Kai. My real name's Kim Jongin but my friends call me Kai."

KAI. NICE NAME. IT FITS HIS BEAUTIFUL FACE. WAIT-- WHAT AM I TALKING OH MY GOSH WHAT AM I EVEN THINKING OF! Lost on her thoughts, she didn't see Kai's hand infront of her. Yoona saw it and she tapped Hyoyeon's shoulder, pointing oat Kai's hand. Hyoyeon finally saw but as she was about to shake Kai's hand, an older guy appeared in front of her and blocked Kai. "Hey man--" The older guy shaked his head at Kai while shoving Kai's hand away. "Suitors aren't allowed mister."

"Oppaa!" Hyoyeon called the older guy as she frown from embarrassment. She then turned to Kai and bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

Kai waved his hand and smiled, not really bothered by the older guy's action but more like curious of his identity. ''No it's fine. I'll be going now." He smiled at them for the last time hand went back to the table across the room to continue his task. WHO WAS THAT? WAS HE HER BOYFRIEND?

It was Eunhyuk. After finishing his classes, he went straight to the library to meet Hyoyeon just like how Donghae instructed him. He put on his bag and went downstairs. On his way down he met up with his friend Yixing, the Dance Club's president, to get the books that he borrrowed from him about the history of dance. And lastly he dropped by the school's canteen to pick up the box of cupcakes that Hyoyeon likes. After making sure that he had everything, he went now to the library. But only to see that someone, not just someone but a guy is approaching Hyoyeon. He immediately dropped every thing that he was holding and went straight to block the guy from holding Hyoyeon's hands. As the guy walked away, Eunhyuk was relieved. THAT WAS CLOSE. NO ONE CAN HOLD MY PRECIOUS HYOYEON'S HANDS. HE MUST'VE THOUGHT I WAS HER BOYFRIEND SO HE'LL PROBABLY NOT COMEBACK.

When Kai left, Hyoyeon turned to Eunhyuk and glared at him. "What was that oppa?"

"What?" Eunhyuk said in an innocent tone. He then shrugged and said. "I didn't do anything!"

"Didn't do? REALLY?" Hyoyeon slowly walks towards Eunhyuk's direction while having her eyes narrowed at him. "What was that no suitors allowed mister thing? He was just introducing himself-"

"Exactly!" He nods while speaking, crossing his arms over his chest. "He's making a move by saying his name and getting yours. And besides if Donghae was here he would've done what I did."

"Not without asking-" Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk did not notice how loud their voices were inside the library. Everyone was staring at them including Kai and the librarian who is now giving them a bad look. Yoona, being the only one aware of the situation, took the innitiative to save themfrom more embarassment and from getting banned from the library. "Uhm guys?" She interrupted. "If you haven't noticed everyone's looking now so maybe just continue outside? Hmm?

Hyoyeon and Eunyuk looked around and saw exactly what Yoona was talking about. Hyoyeon bowed a few times to the people inside the library and to the librarian who was already giving her a bad look. The three of them then got their things and went out.

"Omo!" Yoona exclaimed as she looked onto her watch. "It's already 5pm! Dad said he'll fetch me at 4pm- oh my god, Hyo I need to go now." Yoona hugged Hyoyeon tightly before kissing her cheek. "Bye oppa, bye Hyo! See you tomorrow~" She said while smiling and waving as she walked away. 

After Yoona left, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk also started making their way home. Going to Hyoyeon's house first before Eunhyuk's. While walking, Hyoyeon suddenly remembered her meeting with Kai. She can't help but smile at it. HE'S CUTE AND KIND AND HELPFUL? HE'S SO CHARMING AND-- ATTRACTIVE. Lost on her thoughts, Hyoyeon did not realize that she was already giggling and smiling a lot. 

"Yah--" Eunhyuk said with is normal voice but when Hyoyeon did not respond, probably not being able to ear it, he made is voice louder and shouted. "YAHH!"

Hyoyeon nearly jumped ot of shock when she heard Eunhyuk shouting. "Oppa, what's wrong?"

"Are you going crazy now? Why are you giggling and smiling alone there?" Eunhyuk said,

"Uhm... hehe" She didn't want to say anything at the moment. Knowing how Eunhyuk was just like her brother, it's better to hide it for now. "Nothing, I just... remembered that funny story Yoona told me a while ago.

Eunhyuk suinted his eyes at her, doubting her words a bit. WAS IT THAT BROWN KID AT THE LIBRARY WHO'S MAKING YOU GIGGLE CUTELY AND SMILE CUTELY--. "Are you sure?"

Hyoyeon nodded a few times while smiling.

Her smile, it was Eunhyuk's weakness. Whenever she does, Eunhyuk can't help bt admire how beatiful Hyoyeon is. How that blonde hair fits her perfectly. 

A few more minutes of walking they arrived at Hyoyeon's house. It's parting ways for them now, a bit disappointing for Eunhyuk's part. Hyoyeon opened the gate and steped inside her house, she then turned to face Eunyuk. "Gomawo oppa~" She said with a bright smile. "Don't worry I'll tell Donghae oppa yo did well today."

"Eo-- okay." Upon seeing her smile, Eunhyuk cannot think of anything anymore. And he almost forgot to give the cupcakes and the book. WAIT WHAT AM I DOING THE BOOK AND THE CUPCAKES PABO! When Hyoyeon was about to close the gate, he managed to stop it with his hand. "Wait---" He hurried pulled ot of his bag the book that he borrowed from is friend. "I heard that you were having a paper about dancing so.." He hands to Hyoyeon the book. 

Hyoyeon gets the book  and scanned its contents for a while. "Wah, oppa it has everything that I need for my research paper!" She grinned and thanked Eunhyuk.

"And I bought these because they looked so cute but, it fell and got ugly so you can have it too..." He said now giving Hyoyeon the box of cupcakes.

"Wait, oppa are these red velvet?" Hyoyeon opened the box immediately and saw six red velvet cupcakes with messed up icing on top of them. "Oppa! Jjang! I'll be going now and thank you for everything today! Byeee~" She then closed the gate and went inside. Upon seeing that Hyoyeon wwas safely in their house already, he turned around and started walking to is house with a big smile on his face.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: 

Late update, I just finished my exams today so quite inspired to do it. I hope you enjoy this chapter even if there'e a lot of HyoHyuk. Don't worry on the next chapter there will be a lot of HyoKai o u o 

p.s. I made a new poster of my fic yayyy. Mind checking the foreword and telling me how it looks? Thank you lovely subscribers <3