Downfall

Chanyeol Was Here

There was absolutely nothing I could do. All I could do was wait on the hospital bed, crying, until I was told that I was free to go home.

After I had passed out for the second time, the doctors wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything wrong with my heart or brain while I was there. It was my fault, wasn't it? I caused my oppa pain! He had to let me go because I cause problems, isn't that right? Fiery words bounced around my skull as I blamed myself for everything even though I had no idea what the real reason to his change was.

"Mei?" The voice of the nurse from before filled the room and I turned to face her, acknowledging her presence, "The doctor says you are free to go. Why don't you go get a cookie or something from the cafeteria downstairs. You were supposed to since you had a lot of your blood taken, and by the way, that was very nice of you to donate your blood too. But anyway, I was told by the cafeteria lady that you hadn't come down. You might pass out without some sugar in your body." Ah that's right, I was supposed to go get sugar...

"I think I've waited too long, I'm already feeling really light headed. Can you take me down?" The nurse nodded and got me by the arm and started walking me over to the elevator. Once it was there, I was gently pushed onto it, followed by the nurse.

Finally, we had reached the cafeteria. I tapped the nurse's hand to tell her I could go alone and she hesitantly let go of me. One foot after the other, I reached the display case of food, "Hi there! Are you Mei? I've been expecting you! Cookie or muffin?"

"Cookie." My voice scratched out quietly.

"Sugar, chocolate,  chocolate chip, or oatmeal cookie?"

"Chocolate chip, please."

"Alright! Wow you even have manners! That's great." She smiled gently at me but I was already too out of it to really process it, "Here is your cookie and here, have this apple juice." I collected my items and went to turn around but lost my complete sense of balance.

"Oh! Are you okay!?" I had stumbled into the body of someone, they grabbed my arms just hard enough to hold me up and keep me steady. Dazed, I looked up at the person.

"No way..." 

"Oh here why don't you sit down." She took my reaction to seeing who she was as the answer to her previous question. She sat me into a chair with a table and I just automatically flopped onto the surface of table, "Oh my. Are you alright? I think you need to drink this and eat this." The apple juice box's straw poked at my lips as she attempted to make me drink. I knew that drinking it would make me feel better so I barely parted my lips and allowed her to put the straw into my mouth, "Drink now, it will make you feel better, I'm sure you are low on blood sugar." Gently, too gently, I on the straw, only getting tiny flows of juice. Eventually, I was able to drink the apple juice with more liveliness, "There you go, now eat some of your cookie." She broke up the cookie into small pieces and fed me them slowly.

"Gosh I feel so much better, thank you." My vision was clearer and my head wasn't spinning like before. Suddenly, I remembered who I was with and looked up at the lady, "Dara?! I thought I was imagining things when I saw your face before!" It was her, Dara from 2NE1!

"Yeah I'm Dara, but try to keep it down because I don't really wan others to recognize me." I nodded, feeling a little embarrassed. Then I realized that she was looking at me weird and was really scanning my face well.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" She just kept staring and then quickly shook her head and bowed to me slightly and then looked nervously down at her hands that were in her lap, "What is it?"

"It's just... It's just that I recognize your face from somewhere." 

"Mine?" She nodded her head with an aura of shame that I couldn't figure out, "Then where did you see my face from?"

"I'm not exactly sure but maybe my boyfriend can help me out." 

"Your b-boyfriend?" She has one? How did I not know? But then again, how would I know? I haven't been really keeping up with the news lately.

"Yeah, his sister is here and she is recovering from a surgery she had last night. That's why I'm here, may I ask why you are here?"

"Well I... same." I realized slowly that we were both in the same situation.

"What?" But of course, she didn't know that because I hadn't told her my situation yet.

"It's the same for me. My boyfriend is here because his sister was in surgery last night."

"Okay then why are you like this?" She gestured to the way I was still nibbling on my cookie.

"Ah well I passed out a couple times and they wanted to do a few tests on me to make sure I was in an okay condition to leave. I also donated my blood but I forgot to come down here until it was long passed my time to come here."

"Oh. So wait, your boyfriend is here because of his sister too?!"

"Yeah, why?"

"Haha what if we had the same boyfriend?" I had to give what she said some thought so that I could think of reasons to deny it.

"I kind of doubt it because an idol, which I assume is what your boyfriend is, wouldn't go out with me and my boyfriend doesn't seem like the type to really do that. But then again, that's what everyone thinks too."

"Yeah he is an idol so I guess we don't have to start pulling each other's hair." We both chuckled a little at the thought of us fighting over a boyfriend that we shared, "So come on. Let's go to my boyfriend's sister's room and see if he can explain how I know your face." Dara took my hand gently and when we walked passed my nurse, she just nodded, saying that it was fine for me to go anyway as long as I am safe. On our way to our destination, Dara spoke up, "So what is your name? I know you already know me but I don't know you, well at least not your name anyway."

"Oh, that's right! I'm sorry for not introducing myself before, how rude of me. I'm Mei." Politely, I bowed my head to her, being sure not to stop our pace. She smiled and we said a few greetings and made small talk.

"This is it!" She led me into a room in the VIP wing of the hospital. Of course they are in the VIP area. 

We went over to the end of the room and reached a bed, also covered in white sheets, but only the foot of the bed was in view since the rest was protected by a green curtain, "Wow this place is nice, it's different from my boyfriend's room." Suddenly I was faced with the need to use the restroom after drinking three whole juice boxes, "Hey um I need to go to the bathroom so I'll be right back, don't go anywhere." Dara nodded at me and she continued going forward to see the person in the bed behind the curtain as I turned around and headed to the restrooms.

Once I was finished using the bathroom, I headed back to their room, "Dara? I'm back." When I was in the room, I called out to Dara since I didn't know anyone else that could be occupying the room too.

"Oh hey you're back! Come over here please, his sister should be waking up soon." I walked slowly towards the bright curtain, "Oppa, do you know her? I know her face from somewhere so I figured I knew it from you." As I walked around the barrier of the curtain, Dara began to ask her boyfriend if he recognized me as well....

 

______________

Hey guys! Who do you think Dara's boyfriend is?? It might be obvious or it might be completely not who you were expecting so all answers are fine. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Tell me what you think! ^~^