The Goddess of War p2

The Goddess of War

Taeyeon and Yuri had been training seriously in using different kinds of weapons to prepare for the fight. Tiffany woke up a day after the incident and Taeyeon did visit her. She couldn’t lie to Tiffany as the latter sensed that Taeyeon was hiding something. Taeyeon only said that she has another fight coming in two weeks. Taeyeon pursued Tiffany that it will be the last fight. After talking and quarrelling about it, Tiffany gave up as long as Taeyeon promised that it will be the last one.

 

It is the day before the fight and also the day of training.

 

“Okay Taeng, that’s it for today.” Yuri said while catching her breath.

 

Taeyeon looked up while sitting due to the fatigue, “What? It’s still noon.” She said, confused.

 

Yuri only smiled as she offered her hand and help Taeyeon get up.

 

Taeyeon realized what Yuri was doing. She smiled and hugged her. “Thanks.”

 

Yuri hugged back, “See you tomorrow, same time.”

 

Taeyeon nods, smiling.

 

-----

 

“Taeyeon-ah!”

 

Taeyeon grinned at the surprised face of Tiffany. Tiffany ran and hugged Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany just got back in her room after almost two weeks in the Critical Care Unit.

 

“Surprised?” Taeyeon teased while grinning.

 

Tiffany smiled and nods, tears starting to form in her eyes.

 

“Hey, hey, why?” Taeyeon asked worryingly.

 

Tiffany shook her head and smiled back. “I’m just happy. Very happy. I missed you so much.”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “I missed you too. Gotta thank Yuri for this. At least she paid back from all the restrictions of not letting me see you. By the way, go get ready, we’re going out.” Taeyeon made a wide grin.

 

Tiffany tilted her head to the side, “Going out? Is that even possible? And where?” She asked confusingly.

 

Taeyeon’s grin didn’t left her face, “Yes, we’re going out. And yes, it is possible. I already talked to Sooyoung about this and she agreed.”

 

Tiffany made an are-you-sure look.

 

“I’m serious! As long as we get back before eight o’ clock.” Taeyeon nods excitingly.

 

 Tiffany smiled, “Where are we going?”

 

Taeyeon acted like she was thinking, “Hmm… I promised you once that I will take you out for a nice dinner.”

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, “Really? Hmm… I thought it was just a dream…” her voice trailed off.

 

“Yeah, I did. So go get ready.” Taeyeon said happily and broke the hug as she went to Tiffany’s wardrobe to pull out some clothes for Tiffany to choose.

 

-----

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany had a sweet dinner on a fine restaurant near the hospital. They are now walking along a beach, their hands interlocking with each other. Taeyeon noticed Tiffany shivering slightly even she have a jacket on. The night wind was cold and strong, but it was quiet. All they can hear are the sound of the waves.

 

Taeyeon broke the hold and removed her jacket before putting it on Tiffany.

 

“Aren’t you cold?” Tiffany asked, feeling better at the additional warmth.

 

Taeyeon shrugged, “I’m fine, your heat is enough for me.” she added with a smirk.

 

Tiffany smiled and slapped Taeyeon’s arm.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and stopped walking. Tiffany turned at her side to face Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany noticed a change in Taeyeon’s face, it was serious now. “What’s the matter, Tae?” She asked before tucking the hair behind her ears that covered her face due to the wind.

 

Beautiful. Taeyeon was stunned as she gazed at the girl she holds most dear. The wind blew again as Tiffany’s hair was flowing freely along with it. The moon radiated Tiffany’s face. For Taeyeon, the sight was the most beautiful. I will do anything for you, Fany-ah.

 

“Taetae?” Tiffany tilted her head.

 

Taeyeon finally woke up from her trance and shook her head, “Nothing.” She smiled.

 

Tiffany pouted.

 

Cute! Taeyeon instinctively pinched Tiffany’s cheeks.

 

“Ow! What was that for?” Tiffany continued pouting while rubbing her cheeks.

 

Too cute! Taeyeon blushed at the sight and can’t help but just smile. “Umm…”

 

Tiffany tilted her head, “Umm?”

 

Taeyeon cleared , “Fany-ah…”

 

“Yes, Taetae?”

 

“I want to tell you something…” Taeyeon started blushing.

 

Tiffany’s heart raced up. Is this it? She waited for Taeyeon to continue.

 

Taeyeon stared deeply in Tiffany’s eyes. “Tiffany, everything we’ve went through made me realize how short life is. It can be taken from us in a whim. That’s why I don’t want to waste any more time.” Taeyeon reached out in her pocket. She pulled out a small velvet box and opened it with her other hand. It revealed a ring and she took it out.

 

Tiffany’s jaw dropped and eyes popped out. This is more than she was expecting. Her heart is beating very fast due to the flutters inside it. The feeling is overwhelming for her, it became more when she saw Taeyeon kneeling down on one knee, holding the ring out. She gasped and put both hands over .

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath. “Fany-ah, you are very important to me, and I want to be with you for the every second of our short lives. I might not be able to give you every material thing in the world, but what I can promise you is that I’ll give you all the time I have. My time is for you and yours only.”

 

Tiffany was starting to tear up, she couldn’t believe what she is hearing.

 

“Fany-ah, would you accept this babo’s time? Which is to be with you until all the time I have in the world is gone?” Taeyeon was nervous and looked down, waiting for Tiffany’s answer.

 

Taeyeon felt two warm hands hold her out stretched hand. She looked up to see a crying Tiffany and was pulling her to stand up. Taeyeon stood up from the pull.

 

“Yes Taetae. Yes!” Tiffany donned her perfect eye-smile and hugged Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon was still in shock and when she came back into her senses of what Tiffany just said, she grinned widely and hugged Tiffany back.

 

Taeyeon broke the hug and took Tiffany’s hand. Her hand was trembling as she placed the ring on Tiffany’s finger.

 

Tiffany was all smiles as she looked at the glistening stone on her finger. “Thank you, Taetae!”

 

Taeyeon scratched the back of her head. “Sorry, I at these—“ she was talking shyly when Tiffany cut her off.

 

“Oh shut up.” Tiffany said as she leaned over and kissed Taeyeon on the lips.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widen at Tiffany’s sudden action. Before she can even comprehend what just happened, Tiffany pulled away and pinched Taeyeon’s cheeks.

 

“Cute!” Tiffany said while giggling and walked passed Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon snapped back to reality, noticing that Tiffany was now walking away behind her, she turned around and shouted, “Wait!”

 

Tiffany looked back and giggled before running away further.

 

Taeyeon ran after Tiffany, “Wait! I didn’t get to feel that. One more!”

 

Tiffany turned around this time and stuck her tongue out before running away again, giggling. “If you can catch me!”

 

Taeyeon smiled wide and started chasing her fiancé.

 

-----

 

Taeyeon and Yuri went to the designated place the following afternoon as instructed in the message. It was on a secluded dock located at the edge of Incheon. There was a speedboat and no one else was there aside from a man in a formal suit standing beside it. They approached him and he gestured the two to climb up the boat.

 

The Hell was located on a different place than the Underground. The latter is on an abandoned building while the Hell was situated on a small island with a Coliseum near the coastline. The Coliseum stood tall among the trees that surrounded it. As they come nearer the island’s port, they saw several other boats docking. They even saw some helicopters landing on the far right side of the small island. Rich, powerful, and influential people gather here to witness a Gladiator concept fight.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri got off the boat and the man gestured them to follow him. They were walking on a different route compared to the men in suits that were striding along a pillar-studded road that what appears to lead to the entrance of the Coliseum.

 

They were nearing the back of the Colisuem where only a vast forest can be seen with tall trees towering over them. Then the man stopped and opened a door as he motioned them to come in. As they entered the door, all they saw was darkness until the man behind them closed the door. Their view was slightly illuminated by light bulbs as it revealed a tunnel. They looked behind the man as he just nods his head forward down the tunnel and stood still again after.

 

They treaded the tunnel until they reached their own locker room. They dropped their bags and proceeded to prepare and get ready.

 

-----

 

“Remember all the counter attacks I taught you?” Yuri asked as she was massaging Taeyeon’s legs and arms who was seating across her.

 

Taeyeon nods.

 

“Good. Remember that the key here for weapon battles is ‘avoid and attack’.” Yuri said and she held Taeyeon to stand up. “Now go out there and watch some of the fights.”

 

Taeyeon wondered why Yuri wanted her to watch instead of reviewing the moves since they only had two weeks of training. Before she could ask, Yuri already left the room so Taeyeon just decided and watch as Yuri suggested.

 

Taeyeon walked to the fighter’s entrance and saw two armed men fighting. Both are wielding swords. She watched as the shorter man was running in circles around the bigger man. The shorter man was very agile, he was slashing and ing his sword at the bigger man’s legs until the bigger man fell down to his knees. The shorter man used this opportunity to cut the hand holding the sword of his opponent. While the kneeling man was agonizing in pain due to his severed hand, the other picked up the dropped sword, and placed the two swords he is holding on the sides of the bigger man’s neck. The crowd chanted and in a flash, the shorter man did a scissor-cut and beheaded his opponent.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes popped out at the merciless act. She felt something wrong in her stomach and vomited.

What the hell!? This is crazy! Taeyeon was breathing heavily as she wiped . So this is why Yuri wanted me to watch. She wanted me to realize what I’m up to. This is no joke, no room for mistakes. Taeyeon said to herself.

 

It’s either you win or you die.

 

Taeyeon watched the succeeding fights where she saw a man crushing his opponent’s head with a spiked mace, the next fight was one girl stabbing the other’s neck with a spear. Her turn was about to come so she walked back to the locker room. Taeyeon felt she is more than ready. Watching how the other’s fight made her focus higher, she finds it better than reviewing what they trained for the past two weeks.

 

“You ready?” Yuri asked after her last checks to Taeyeon.

 

“Well, better than earlier.” Taeyeon forced herself to smile.

 

Yuri chuckled as they walked out the dugout and entered the arena with lights off. Shouts and curses rumble the walls of the dark Coliseum. Taeyeon was used to this noise. Only one thing was on her mind: her fiancé. She needs to win to go home and be with Tiffany.

 

This is it. This is the last fight and we’ll finally be free from all this chaos. Taeyeon whispered to herself.

 

Spotlights were lit up and focused on the center of the arena where the referee stood.

 

“And now… for the MAIN EVENT!! Two fighters with clean records to get it on today! On the blue corner, fresh from the Underground!! Unbeaten on all her fights! The current champion of the Underground!! THE GODDESS OF WAR!!” The referee yelled as the spot light turned to Taeyeon.

 

Whistles and curses bellowed the arena. Taeyeon remained focus while walking towards the ring. She won’t get anything inside her head aside from the fight that was about to unfold.

 

The referee continued, “And on the red corner, also unbeaten on all her fights with seven straight wins here in the Hell! Killing off all fighters that came in her way!! The UNDEAFETED IN HELL!! The treachery herself!! DEMON WITCH!!

 

Louder shouts boomed the walls of the arena as the spotlight turned toward this woman who is obviously older than Taeyeon and more experienced as battle scars are evident on her face and body. She too was unmoving, her eyes not blinking, not moving after she stood beside the ring.

 

More lights to the center as both fighters were motioned to enter the ring.

 

“Taeyeon…"

 

“…”

 

“Taeyeon!!” Yuri’s voice was louder at the last call of Taeyeon’s name. She then noticed that Taeyeon’s eyes were focused at her opponent. She was worried that Taeyeon might be scared or at least nervous as she saw her arms shaking. But what she sees in Taeyeon’s eyes were different, it is dark… there is murderous intent. A part of Yuri cowered upon seeing the eyes. She did not need to talk to Taeyeon, she just needs to trust her. Yuri walked back in the corner as the bell sounded to start the fight.

 

*Ding

 

The two fighters approached the center of the ring and the referee motioned for them to start. Taeyeon’s movements were a notch higher than her usual level. Yuri couldn’t believe that Taeyeon can move at such speed with refined skills. But her opponent was nothing lesser, she was indeed a more experienced fighter and was easily catching up with Taeyeon’s speed.

 

It was even with the trading of strikes and at the last minute of the first round, The Witch started her usual dirty tactics, she spat black ink on Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon was blinded by the liquid as the enemy threw a knee on her stomach causing Taeyeon to stagger back. When Taeyeon’s knee was bent down, The Witch ended it with doing a leg-break as she stomped on the side of Taeyeon’s right knee-joint.

 

Snap.

 

Taeyeon roared in pain and limped back as she used her right hand to hold onto the ropes to prevent her from falling. As she wiped her eyes clean of the ink, she opened them and saw a full straight punch flying in.

 

Bam.

 

Taeyeon fell on the floor as she was unable to dodge the attack.

 

Cheers echoed the arena at the fall of Taeyeon. The referee stopped The Witch from advancing further as he did a countdown.

 

“Taeyeon! Get up!” Yuri yelled.

 

“10… 9… 8… 7… 6…”

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

Taeyeon started to twitch and brought herself up to her knees while shaking her head. Yuri sighed in relief.

 

“5… 4… 3…”

 

Taeyeon stood up completely, limping her right leg. The referee looked at Taeyeon and motioned for the fight to resume.

 

Taeyeon was standing still as her opponent continues to walk towards her.

 

“Get out of the corner Taeng! Get out from there!” Yuri shouted.

 

As if not hearing Yuri at all, Taeyeon just stood there. Her opponent was in range as The Witch started to throw combination of punches and kicks. Taeyeon can only block as she was cornered.

 

*Ding ding ding ding

 

The bell rang and the referee pulled The Witch away from Taeyeon. Taeyeon spat blood at the end of the bell and was about to fall when Yuri quickly went up inside the ring and assisted Taeyeon to sit on the chair.

 

“What are you doing Taeng? And why are you not listening to me?” Yuri asked in worry as she fixes the bloody face of Taeyeon.

 

“Yuri… my knee.”

 

“I know.” Yuri reached down to get the bandages. She winced when she saw the dislocated knee. “This is gonna hurt a bit.” She wrapped her arms around the knee and quickly snapped it back.

 

Taeyeon groaned in pain as Yuri quickly wrapped the bandages tightly around Taeyeon’s right knee.

 

“Thanks.” Taeyeon whispered after calming down her heavy breathing.

 

Yuri was cleaning Taeyeon’s wounds on the face as she gives her advice for the next round. “Well, we can’t use your right leg now for combat. It will also greatly affect your speed and mobility. You need to conserve your right leg Taeng. Keep yourself at the center so you can use your left leg to move around. Never in the corner, got that? She’ll just pin you down and block your left exit. You barely made through the last thirty seconds of that round.”

 

*Ding

 

Both fighters stood up to get ready. Yuri helped Taeyeon stand up.
 

Yuri then whispered their fight plan for that round, “I will be honest, her combinations are unpredictable but there is one opening. She only drops an Overhand after every Cross which is usually opened by a Jab. It’s harder to predict since she can go different ways after a Cross. But if you see that Jab-Cross and she pivots her back foot, you know an Overhand is coming. Counter that and hit her body as she rotates her hips forward.”

 

Taeyeon nods as she walked to the center of the ring.

 

*Ding

 

The bell rang and the fight resumes. The spectators were again making crashing noises made of shouts.

 

The Witch didn’t waste any second as she rushed towards Taeyeon with strikes.

 

The Witch was smart enough to initiate combat at Taeyeon’s left side. Yuri flinched at this strategy, it will practically stop Taeyeon from moving around the ring effectively.

 

Taeyeon can only block the strikes thrown at her while she struggles to stay at the center. After a minute, she was pinned down at the corner again. Yuri threw her hands at the unfortunate situation.

 

Taeyeon was again getting beat up with strikes all over her. Her lips were swollen and bleeding. Her left eye got another cut and it started to bleed as well.

 

Get out from there Taeyeon… Taeyeon… Yuri can only pray.

 

Taeyeon can’t actually look at her opponent's face as she was blocking blindly with both arms up. She’s getting punched in the body, in the head, and was also getting kicked at her legs.

 

Come on, come on…Taeyeon was saying to herself as she was getting pounded badly by her opponent.  

 

Taeyeon’s eyes lit up as she saw the right back foot that she has been staring prepared for a pivot, it was the timing she’s looking for, she felt the Cross hit her shoulders before this and she knows that this is it. Taeyeon immediately did a Counter Uppercut with her left hand. Her strike was faster as it collides with the opponent’s forwarding hips.

 

Crack!

 

Taeyeon followed up with another right Uppercut onto the opponent’s body as the target staggered backwards, excruciating in pain.

 

Yuri’s head snapped up and was shocked at the turn of events. The crowd got silent for a second before shouting again at the entertainment they just witnessed.

 

Taeyeon then leapt in the air using her left leg, she pulled her right hand back and landed a full blow at the opponent’s head, causing the latter to fall on the floor. She stood up straight upon landing and winced in pain as she knew she broke her left hand again due to that strong punch earlier. She also knew that she got the opponent’s right rib cage that time.

 

Taeyeon used this time to recover from all the pummels she received as the referee stepped in to do a countdown on the lying body. Taeyeon then spat another mouthful of blood that had accumulated in .

 

“Taeyeon!” Yuri shouted from the corner.

 

Taeyeon looked back and saw Yuri gesturing for her to come there. She limped towards Yuri as the latter fixed the bandage on Taeyeon’s knee and wrapped a layer on her broken left hand as well.

 

“Good going there. That should make it even.” Yuri smiled as she finished what she was doing and nodded her heads towards the opponent.

 

Taeyeon looked at Yuri’s sight and saw that her opponent is back up.

 

The referee signaled them to continue.

 

Taeyeon noticed the decreased speed and aggressiveness of her opponent. She used this passiveness to recover from her injuries as she kept safe distance using Jabs and Kicks until the round ends.

 

*Ding ding ding ding

 

Now the cheers and shouts are thundering across the Coliseum. It is time for what everyone is waiting for, the final and weapons round.

 

“This is it Taeng. You’re even. It will now all come down to this final round.” Yuri said as she helped Taeyeon sit down. “This is what we’ve fighting for all this time. For your freedom Taeng. And more than anything else, for Tiffany.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes twitched at the mention of Tiffany’s name. This is for her.

 

Yuri fixed Taeyeon up, cleaning the injuries, while silently hoping that Lady Luck will smile on them today. Taeyeon can’t use her left hand, this will be bad if it’s a two-hand weapon.

 

Taeyeon just sat there. She closed her eyes, thinking of Tiffany and the future they will have. For our future Fany-ah…

 

*Ding

 

The referee entered the ring with the weapons in her hand.

 

Yuri gave a smirk, Looks like she is.

 

The crowd erupted at the revealed weapons. Taeyeon just gave a nod.

 

“Daggers!!” The referee yelled. “Now here we go, the third and FINAL ROUND!! Will it be the Underground Champion or the unbeaten demon of Hell?” he continued as he threw both daggers on the two corners. "Nothing will this stop now!!"

 

Yuri and Taeyeon stared at the dagger in front of the latter’s feet. Yuri gave Taeyeon a nod of approval. Taeyeon did the same. She picked the dagger up and stood up. Her opponent was standing too, warming up her hands with the dagger.

 

Taeyeon gripped the dagger tightly and tried to recall all the techniques Yuri taught her. Daggers were Yuri’s forte and they did consume a lot of time training with it.

 

*Ding

 

Yuri held Taeyeon’s shoulder and whispered, “Remember Taeng, keep it below shoulder height, and don’t stab unless you are sure. Keep it safe until I see any patterns so I can coach you.”

 

Taeyeon nodded as she walked towards the center.

 

The referee motioned the last round to start.

 

Taeyeon kept the dagger in forward grip as her opponent started to mix feints and attacks with each of her movement. Taeyeon was able to read it properly due to her sparring sessions with Yuri. Her focus was just to counter attack and defend until Yuri got a plan going. She is keeping up very well and was even able to land down a Counter Cut to the right arm from a Straight attack by her opponent. She used this opportunity to throw a Left kick at The Witch, causing her to stumble back. Taeyeon fell back as well since she used her injured right leg to pivot and ground power.

 

“Taeyeon!” Yuri shouted at Taeyeon, who, fortunately, fell down at their corner side. “You notice how she switches from Wide Guard to High whenever you feint?”

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

“Good. That’s because she’s taunting you. When she switches to High, anticipate it and get your blade behind hers. Then step in and finish her off.” Yuri whispered.

 

Taeyeon nodded again and got up. Her opponent was back up as well. Taeyeon advanced carefully trying to lure her opponent into their plan. She mixed-and-match her combinations and feints to confuse the enemy until the right time comes.

 

Here I go! Taeyeon said to herself as she feigned a Horizontal cut causing the opponent to switch guards. Taeyeon saw it as she stepped in to place her blade behind the opponent’s, however The Witch also anticipated this as she gambled a head against the stepping in Taeyeon.

 

Their heads collided and both fighters felt a jolting pain in their heads. The Witch disregarded this as she made a point blank while their heads were moving back. Taeyeon sensed this and she used her left palm to divert the direction of the dagger that was about to stab her chest. The dagger pierced through Taeyeon’s palm. Taeyeon screamed in pain but she kept her position as she yanked away her left hand, effectively disarming her opponent’s dagger, but in return it sliced her palm wider. Taeyeon didn’t want this chance to slip as she immediately launched herself and stabbed The Witch in the stomach.

 

Both fell down with Taeyeon on top of The Witch. Taeyeon locked her opponent’s body with her legs and used her left arm to push the other down as she positioned her dagger touching The Witch’s throat. Taeyeon saw fear in the enemy’s eyes. 

 

“No! No! Please don’t! I will surrender! I will give you the win just don’t kill me!” The Witch said with pure fear in her eyes and voice.

 

Taeyeon disregarded the plea as she changed her dagger grip to Reverse and held her hand high up preparing to stab the crying girl in the neck.

 

“No, please don’t! I have kids. My youngest daughter is sick and I just need money for the treatment.” The Witch was crying now.

 

Taeyeon was taken aback. Treatment? She remembered Tiffany. She also needs to win to pay for the treatment.

 

“Please no! I will surrender now! Ref! Ref! I surrender! I quit! I lost this match!” The Witch cried out to the referee who was also shocked at the current situation.

 

“Umm, if that is the case… then it is up to the Goddess of War if she will kill her or not.” The referee said in a disappointed voice.

 

The crowd also made a disappointed chant and booed Taeyeon.

 

“Please don’t kill me… Please! I beg you…” The Witch begged.

 

Taeyeon screamed as she hammered her dagger down.

 

Taeyeon was breathing heavily as she remembered the importance of life. It was too short. She stood up. The dagger was pierced on the floor just an inch beside The Witch’s neck.

 

The referee was still dumbfounded how the way things turned around, he stumbled entering the ring and ran beside Taeyeon. He held Taeyeon’s right hand high up and yelled, “AND THE WINNER OF THE MAIN EVENT!! THE GODDESS OF WAR!!! Or should we also call her, THE GODDESS OF MERCY!!!”

 

The crowd’s reaction was divided. Majority was disappointed and expressed it with boos while the remaining few stood up and clapped their hands in admiration.

 

The referee went off the stage to get the Champion’s Belt. Yuri climbed up the ring with all smiles to run towards Taeyeon. Taeyeon was also walking, approaching Yuri, her face fulfilled.

 

Fany-ah… We can finally be together. Taeyeon thought of the person she loved the most, who is waiting for her to come home. She can already see Tiffany’s eye-smile as she opens the door. Taeyeon-ah! Tiffany’s loud voice echoed in her head.

 

Taeyeon then noticed Yuri’s face turned grim.

 

“Taeyeon!” Yuri shouted.

                                                                             

Before Taeyeon can think of anything else, she felt a striking pain at her back. Everything became blurry in an instant. Everything became numb. Then just after a second, it was dark.

 

…Tiffany.

 

-----

 

 

The door opened and Tiffany immediately woke up. She had been waiting for Taeyeon since last night and she accidentally slept on the couch while waiting.

 

She noticed that it already was already morning. She smiled as she waited for Taeyeon to come in but frowned at the sight of Yuri. She kept her cool and readied her smile again but was surprised as Yuri closed the door behind her.

 

She felt a sting in her heart. “Where’s Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked as she stood up and walked towards Yuri.

 

“…” Yuri just bowed her head.

 

This caused panic starting to rise inside Tiffany. She pushed Yuri to the side with both hands and opened the door, expecting to see Taeyeon outside. She moved her head around the hall but saw no sign of Taeyeon.

 

“Fany-ah…” Yuri softly called Tiffany.

 

“Where is Taeyeon!?” Tiffany turned and shouted at Yuri.

 

Yuri closed the door and looked at Tiffany.

 

“WHERE IS SHE YURI!??” Tiffany shouted louder than ever. The sting in her heart now felt like a piercing blade. She is afraid.No Taeyeon-ah… No! Please, no!

 

“Fany-ah… Taeyeon…” Yuri bowed and shook her head. “I’m sorry…” her voice trailed off.

 

“WHAT!? TELL ME!! WHERE IS TAEYEON!!??” Tiffany reached for Yuri’s shoulders and gripped them so hard to the point that her hands were turning white. Her chest is getting heavier and heavier.

 

Yuri hugged Tiffany but Tiffany pushed Yuri back. Tiffany was crying now as she took a few steps back with both hands over . She was shaking her head in disbelief. This is not happening, it can’t be… Taeyeon-ah, where are you?

 

It felt like her lungs were being squeezed. It was hard to breathe, she was suffocating. She does not want to believe on what she’s feared all these time.

 

Yuri approached and tried to hug her again, but Tiffany was pounding both of her fists on Yuri’s chest. She was starting to lose strength. You’re my everything Taeyeon. Come back, please. I need you…

 

Tiffany stopped the pounding of her fists and looked up at Yuri. “Tell me Yuri… Please…”

 

Yuri saw the begging eyes.

 

“Please…” Tiffany pleaded again. She bowed her head as she continued to cry. That was it. The last pierce at Tiffany’s heart, as it broke down into pieces.

 

 

[Yuri’s flashback]

 

She smiled at Taeyeon’s victory. She immediately went up the ring to approach and hug Taeyeon. Then she noticed The Witch got up and picked up the knife that was standing on the floor. She sensed a disturbing feeling.

 

“Taeyeon! Your back! Watch out!” She shouted.

 

She noticed that Taeyeon was still slowly walking towards her. Smiles still plastered on Taeyeon’s face.

 

Fear Yuri’s heart as she saw The Witch charging towards Taeyeon’s back, with the dagger gripped by her two hands.

 

“Taeyeon!” she shouted louder this time.

 

Yuri was running towards Taeyeon but was too late. The Witch was able to stab the dagger too deep onto Taeyeon’s back.

 

Yuri’s eyes widened, she sped up as she caught the falling limp body of Taeyeon towards her.

 

“Taeyeon!” Yuri cried.

 

Yuri didn’t need to look up as she saw the referee and several other people going up the ring and dragging The Witch away.

 

“Yuri…” Taeyeon whispered. Yuri leaned down her head to hear Taeyeon better. “Did we… win?” Taeyeon  asked.

 

“Yes Taeng we won!” Yuri nods, tears falling down her eyes.

 

“Good… Tiffany… will be safe…”

 

“Yes Taeng, you will be safe too.” She moved her head back up and shouted, “Ambulance!! Help! Somebody help!! Please!!” She cried in panic.

 

She was shouting and crying out for help when she felt Taeyeon squeezed her hand. “Yuri…” she heard Taeyeon and leaned her down again.

 

“Shhh… save your strength. I’m calling for help.” Yuri said and as she was about to look up again, she felt another tug on her hand.

 

“Please Yuri… listen…” Taeyeon’s eyes were becoming darker and her voice was getting softer.

 

Yuri can only obey as she moved her ear next to Taeyeon.

 

“Tell Tiffany… to live on. Tell her to… move on.” Taeyeon whispered.

 

“No Taeyeon, no...” Yuri was shaking her head as tears kept flowing down.

 

“Tell her… that I… that I… love… he…r…” Taeyeon’s voiced trailed off as her eyes closed.

 

[end flashback]

 

 

Yuri decided to be honest and told Tiffany what happened last night.

 

Tiffany crashed down to her knees upon hearing Yuri’s story. Her crying stopped. Her breathing stopped. Her world stopped.

 

She wanted to die.

 

…Taeyeon.

 

 

-----

 

 

The wind blew her hair. It was sunny. The weather was perfect; the sun was smiling, the wind was humming, the birds were singing, and the trees were dancing.

 

“Hello there again Goddess.” She smiled as she placed down a bouquet of flowers atop the stone plate. She moved the older flowers to the side.

 

“How are you? The weather’s pretty good down here. How about up there?” She chuckled and looked up the sky.

 

“Can you see me from there Taetae?”

 

“Oh! Did you know that today’s our second year anniversary?” She said excitingly as she looked back down. “That’s why I brought you something extra aside from the flowers.” She pulled a bag of jellies from her pocket and wiggled it before placing it beside the flowers.

 

“Sigh… I miss you so much Taetae. Can you feel it? I miss you so… so much…” She held her chest as tears started to form in her eyes.

 

“Sorry.” She sniffed. “I promised you yesterday that I won’t cry again.” She chuckled.

 

“Anyway, at least I obeyed you. I lived on like you said.”

 

“But I don’t think I can move on, Tae.” She held up her hand as the small rock on her ring glistened from the sun.   

 

“I love you Taeyeon-ah. I will only love you. My time is only meant for you too. I accepted your time, although it was short and I hate you for that.” She chuckled and continued, “So accept mine as well.” She ended and tears were forming up again.

 

She sniffed and wiped away her tears, “Sorry.”

 

“I’ll just update you again instead. Hmm… let’s see, what else is new that I haven’t told you yet.” She placed her finger on her lips to think.

 

“Aha! Yes! We got ten new members in the gym! Isn’t that great!? Yuri has a friend and she invited her family and friends to enroll! We gave them discount so they agreed!” She clapped her hands. “Hmm… I think her friend’s name is Jessica.” She added, still smiling.

 

“The gym’s going strong pretty well.” She nods her head. “It's gonna be the best fitness gym in Korea!” She smiled.

 

“At least that gets me busy.” Her smile faded. “Every day is such a torture without you…Sigh…” She bowed her head.

 

“I think I will leave for now before I break more promises to you.” She chuckled as she wiped the tears forming in her eyes again.

 

“I’ll visit you again tomorrow. Take care Taetae.” She stepped back and looked up the sky.

 

I love you too.

 

-o-