Final

Bookshop Keeper In Love

It’s December night. Snow is falling. The street are full of people preparing for Christmas. The store at the street are filled by a lots of customer. But not for this one bookstore. It’s empty. You see, who wants to buy a book during time like this?

“Hahaha, look at your store Yoongi hyung, it’s empty!” A boy laughs as he enters the store.

“Shut up, if you’re just going to mock me please leave, Park Jimin,” The man at the counter named Yoongi scowls.

“Is that how you treat a customer?” Jimin asks with a mocking tone. He walks to the counter and sits on it.

“You’re not a customer, you came here just to mock me,” The other gives a death glare at his friend. The boy with black hair just laughs at him. He keeps annoying the shopkeeper and keep earning scowls and glares from him.

“Yah! Hyung, I gotta go now, Taehyung and Jungkook are finished with their shopping,” With that, Jimin leaves the store without buying anything.

‘What an annoying kid,’ Yoongi lets out a sigh and continues to arrange the book.

The bell on the door rings again. Another customer. It was a boy wearing a little too fluffy jacket. The boy immediately walks to the music corner. He seems to be searching for something. Yoongi decides to help the boy. He approaches him.

“Do you need something?” Yoongi asks, eyeing the boy. The boy jumps a little, turning around to him.

“A-ah yes, I was looking for a book, but I forgot the title..” The boy rubs the back of his neck. It seems that he’s kind of embarassed to admit it.

“Do you remember how the book looks like?” Yoongi asks again. The boy nods softly.

“Yes, it has a black cover, it’s about rap and underground music and it is a very thick book,” He explains, silently hoping the owner of the shop to know the book he is referring to.

“Ah, you mean this book?” Yoongi gives the book to the boy.

“Yes! This is the book I’m looking for, thanks,” The boy grins happily.

“You're interested in underground music?”

“Yes I do! I’m learning to be a rapper right now, and I wanted to be a rapper like Suga, the boy admits. If only he knows the rapper he talks about is standing in front of him, he would be surprised. Ah, if only he knows….

“Ah I see…” Yoongi walks back to the counter. The boy follows him.

“Why are you working at Christmas night?” He suddenly blurts out. Yoongi rises an eyebrow and looks at the boy questioningly. “I mean, aren’t you going to prepare chrismast with your family or have a date with your girlfriend?

Whoa, that last statement stabs him right on the heart. To be honest, Yoongi doesn’t have a girlfriend. He tried to capture a girl's heart once but failed. So he don’t care anymore. He is also sure that he isn’t straight. That explains why he is not interested in girls.

“Uhm.. no, my family lives at Daegu and I don’t have a girlfriend,” Yoongi answers the boy's question casually. It’s not a big deal. It’s his third years living alone at Seoul. He doesn’t mind.

“Ah.. I see…” the boy says and pays for his book then he leaves the store.

‘What’s up with this kid? Asking such a question suddenly,’ Yoongi wonders to himself.

 

--

 

The next day he comes again to the store. This time he aren't there for a book, instead he approaches straight to the cashier where Yoongi is standing.

“Oh, you’re here again, need help to find a book again?” Yoongi asks politely. The boy just shakes his head and says,

“You worked on Christmas night and didn’t have a girlfriend right?” Yoongi is surprised. He doesn’t expect that the boy will ask such a question. What is his problem anyway? It’s my life, not his, he thinks.

“Then, be my boyfriend instead” Yoongi blinks. Once. Twice. Three times. He doesn’t believe what he just heard.

“What?” is all Yoongi can says. He still don’t believe what the boy have said. The boy repeats himself. Yoongi feels his face start to burn. He bets that it was pinkish now. He is going to open his mouth and answers but the boy cuts him off.

“Sorry, I’m going to wait until you finish your job then,” The boy smiles and walks to the exit door.

“Hey, wait!” But the boy is already out.

‘Aish, what’s up with this kid really?’ He asks himself and sighs.

 

--

 

Later that evening, Yoongi finally decides to go home. He gathers his things and put it inside his backpack. He cleans the store for a little bit before he locks it. He locks the door and is about to head home before he feels someone chuckles and taps his shoulder. He turns around and find out it was the boy from earlier.

“Finally, you’re done with your work,” The boy chuckles happily. Yoongi just nods in respond.

‘Geez, he is serious when he said he was going to wait’ He thought to himself. He is about to leave the boy but it seems the boy don’t allow it.

“My name is Hoseok, Jung Hoseok” The boy introduces himself and offers his hand.

“Yoongi, Min Yoongi” he hesitates, but he accepts the handshake. Hoseok grins at him.

They start to walk in the same direction. They walk with an awkward silence. It’s really bugging Yoongi. He doesn’t like it. So he decides to break the ice.

“I just realized that you come often to the stores..” He starts the conversation awkwardly. He looks at the boy who is looking at him too.

“Oh, you noticed that?” Hoseok chuckles. He feels so happy that the other notices him. Yoongi just nods.

“To be honest, I admire you..” He admits. His face is turning a shade of pink.

“Admires me? Why?” The older asks, trying to not to sound interested. But he is curious about it, actually.

“Well, that day when there are a group of boys flirting and disturbing a girl that happened to be my cousin near your store, you’re so brave to save her from the boys, and I'm thankful about it," He says, looking to the sky.

“You saw what happened?”

“No, my cousin told me and that’s why I started to visit your bookstore, I was going to said my thanks to you but I never had the guts to tell you,” He admits again.

“I see…”

“I also like the way you rap, you’re good!  As good as Suga, even,” Hoseok grins at him. Yoongi can see the happiness sparkling in the younger eyes.

“You’ve heard me rap?” Yoongi ask.

“Yes I have, you often rap when the store is empty or when you think it is” Hoseok points out. The boy was right, he often rap when he thinks the store is empty. He doesn’t expect the boy knows that much about him.

The night ends with them speaking about random stuff like their school and college, hobbies, stuff they like and much more. This boy named Hoseok, has changed something inside Yoongi without him even knowing what is it.

--

 

Since that day, Hoseok stops by at the bookstore even more often. Everyday Hoseok comes to buy a book or just to chat about underground rappers or sometimes, Yoongi teaches him to raps. Little by little they grow closer and closer without them noticing. Yoongi is really glad to meet him. Hoseok smile is a spell to him. His smiles makes him happy and erases the thing that make him feel sad.

The days roll away, and it was the day before Christmas again. Yoongi keeps waiting and waiting, but Hoseok never shows up. He doesn't show up after Yoongi closed his shop earlier too. Yoongi is sure he texted Hoseok that he will close his shop earlier. He even invites him to come. But he never replies or shows up.

‘He doesn’t come today..’ Yoongi sighs. He feels a little betrayed. But he knows he can’t be egoist. Hoseok has his own life too, so let it be. He continues to walk home until he heard a familiar name.

“Yah! Hoseok, you will come with us today! Like it or not!” Says the boy with a brown golden hair.

“He’s right Hoseok, you should come with us and have fun,” The girl with brown hair is clinging to Hoseok arms.

“Of course, I’ll come,” Hoseok said with the same grins that Yoongi loves.

Yoongi sees the scene. It made his heart breaks into pieces. He should know better, he doesn’t have any chance with Hoseok. He is clearly a straight person and he clearly is not gay. Yoongi was expecting way too much.

‘I’m such an idiot…’ Yoongi thinks. He feels tears falling down from his eyes. It makes his cheeks wet. He starts to run and run. He doesn’t know where but he keep running carelessly. He just wants to get away from the world.

 

--

 

Hoseok is clueless. He doesn’t know where Yoongi is. He tried to call him but Yoongi never answered his calls. He tried to visit him on Yoongi’s apartement but he wasn’t there. He visited the bookstore but it was closed.

“Where could he be..?” Hoseok asks himself. He doesn’t know where to search anymore. He almost gives up. Yeah almost. But he doesn’t give up. He still searches for him.

Luckily, he spots Yoongi at Han river. He is sitting on the bench. Hoseok decides to surprise him a little. He covers Yoongi’s eyes with his hands.

“Guess who~?” He said playfully. The older jumps a bit by the younger action.

“W-wha, let go!” The older commands, forcing the younger hands away from his face. He turns around to meet Hoseok big grin. The grin that he loves so much.

“Were you crying? Your eyes are red and puffy hyung..” Hoseok says in concern.

“Go away, don’t you have somewhere else better to go!?” The older spits out angrily. Hoseok is really surprised by the tone that the older used. He wonders why the older is so mad at him.

“Why? I want to hang out with you today,” Hoseok sits next to him and tries to make the older face him.

“Go away.”

“Hyung, look at me,” The younger says with a soft tone. But the older doesn’t listen so he forces the the older to look at him.

“what do y—“ The older is cut by soft lips pressing agaist his. He is shocked by the sudden contact but starts to kiss back anyway. He closes his eyes and deepens the kiss. Not long after that they pull away to catch a breathe.

“I thought you like girls…” Yoongi says. He is really embarassed because of the kiss.

“Who said that?” Hoseok tilt his head.

“I saw you yesterday, and there’s a girl that was clingy to you.. I thought she was your girlfriend…”

Hoseok laughs at the older confession earning a ‘what?’ from the other.

“So that’s what you were mad about? And no, that’s not my girlfriend it’s my cousin, Eunji,” Yoongi feels so embarassed at this. He was jealous to Hoseok cousin? He covers his face with his hand to hide his embarassment.

“Don’t hide your beautiful face hyung,” Hoseok says as he grabs his hyung hand.

“I’m sorry for being jealous…” the older says.

“It’s okay hyung,” He smiles. "Can I ask you a question? Its an old question, by the way..."

"Ask away.."

"Will you be my boyfriend?”

“Of course I will.”

 

--

 

Ugh… what an ending….

Sorry if the story is a bit comfusing QAQ””

Please do comment and leave your thought about it J

Critique is also accepted^^