My Last Goodbye

Regretful

I was about to open my apartment door to meet up with Luhan unitl it was opened by Luhan himself. He was wearing a sweater I gave him a few days ago.

"Hi Sehun. Ready to go?"

"Mhm."

We walked to the elevator. "Why are you wearing my sweater?"

He looked up at me and smiled. "Because it helps me endure. Right? I'm happier."

I smiled. We walked out of the elevator and went to the parking lot.

I looked down at him and saw him smiling more than usual.

He touched my hand and interlocked his fingers into mine. We haven't done this in a very long time. His hands are cold, but I hope the warmth of my hand will warm him up. 

I started to walk to my car but he didn't move. I looked at him and he smiled like never before. "Let's walk Sehun. It'll be better," he said gripping my hand tighter.

"Oh okay."

 

We arrived at the park and it was the same. Golden-brown sand and dirt path. The trees were perfectly green. All the benches seemed brand new, but I knew they were the same ones. 

"Look Sehun! The bench."

He pointed to the fifth bench ahead. I'm glad he still remembers.

We walked to the bench and sat down. I layed my head back and breathed the air. It reminded me of the good old times. I looked at Luhan he just kept looking at me dreamily. I smiled and hugged him. "I'm glad we came here."

I felt him nod against my chest. We got up and walked to the meadow of daisies that was a few feet behind the bench. There were different colored daisies. White, yellow, and purple. It was a really pretty sight.

"Woow! This is really pretty. I never knew this was here."

I laughed. "How could you not notice?"

"Well I don't know, uh, I sleep on the bench? With my eyes closed." He pointed at his eyes and blinked.

His sarcasm made me giggle. "Good point."

Luhan just smiled. "You know you're the best Sehun right?"

He's acting overly happy. Can't believe he thinks I don't notice.

"Yeah Yeah." I turned to walk to the playground. But a second later my hand wasn't grabbing anything. I heard a loud thump behind me. I don't want to turn around.

 

It can't be.

 

I quickly turned and saw Luhan on the ground. Eyes closed. He didn't look angelic though.

He looked he out.

I picked him up and ran to the nearest hospital.

Tears streamed down my face and my legs felt weak. I kept running no matter what. 

"Luhan...Luhan Luhan Luhan. P-Please. Don't leave me like this."

 

Once I reached the hospital, I was out of breath.

"I need to come with you guys," I said to the nurses, "Please, I want to see him before anything happens."

The nurse sighed. "I'm sorry sir but you'll have to wait a few minutes."

I broke. "P-PLEASE! I beg of y-you." Everyone stared.

She shook her head. "Please wait on the chairs in front of the room." She said jogging me to the front of the room. There were two chairs.

I sat down rubbing my eyes. This can't happen. Not today. I haven't even told him.

 

Ten minutes later, one of the nurses came out fo the room and gestured me to come in. She gave me a mask and gloves. I put them on right away.

"Would you like to be alone with him?"

"Y-Yes please."

She closed the door and left.

There I saw Luhan. With an oxygen mask on him. I looked at the heart monitor next to him. His pulse was normal. Thank god.

I got the chair form the side of the room and brought it next to the bed. I sat down and looked at him.

He didn't look like my prince anymore.

In a hospital gown. Hair messy. Lips dry and cracked. Skin pale. Sweating. I can't help but cry seeing him like this.

I held his hand and locked my hand into his.

I cried more and more because his fingers didn't interlock with mine.

"Luhan. Please don't leave me. I need you."

No response. Just slow breathing.

Even though you're not gone yet, I miss you.

"C'mon Luhan. Talk to me. It's all I ask," I said as my tears dripped on both of our hands.

 

 

"T-The park..." Luhan spoke almost inaudible.

His fingers locked with mine.

L-Luhan?

 

"B-Bring me t-there..." he spoke, his hands grew warm.

 

 

It can't end here Luhan.

 

 

I took him out of the room, carrying him while he wrapped his hands around my neck. Tighter than ever. He pressed his face agaisnt my neck. I could feel my neck getting moist. I ran and ran. Everybody in the hospital shouted at me.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?"

"Are you out of your mind?"

"Stop!"

"HE TOLD ME TO TAKE HIM OUT OF HERE!" I yelled.

They were silenced.

I sprinted out of the hospital.

 

When I was on the sidewalk everybody was shouting and staring. The park was getting nearer. People start chasing after me.

"Don't follow me! No matter what don't!" 

The sound of footsteps grew quieter and it finally stopped.

I checked on Luhan. Still breathing.

"Luhan are you okay?"

"Y-Yes."

 

The view of the park came into my vision. 

Run Sehun. Don't stop.

"M-Meadow."

I looked down at Luhan as his grasp on me was getting weak.

 

I brought him to the meadow and layed him there. His hair color was perfectly combined with the daisies. 

If it ends here, I've got to say everything.

I fell to my knees beside him.

 

"Luhan! I'm sorry for everything! I know I've caused you pain and I regret it so much that it hurts. This is all my fault! It wasn't supposed to happen like this. I've caused too much stress for you and I'm sorry for not noticing if you were in pain! You know that I love you Luhan! I love you. I love you. I love you. Don't ever forget it. Not even the slightest. Everyday you have to remind yourself that I love you! When we fight you have to know that I'll still love you. You can't leave! Please endure longer. I need you forever. Stay with me forever Luhan...Promise me will be together again."

"I-I promise Oh Sehun."

I looked down at him and saw his chest soaked in my tears. 

"I-I love you Luhan..."

Luhan fluttered his eyes open and closed them after awhile. He held his arm up and put his hand on the side of my face. His arm was trembling.

 

"I love you too Sehun..." he breathed his last breath. His hand fell beside his lifeless body.

 

"That was all I needed, Luhan."