Chap. 1: Angel & Demon

The demon and the angel

~ Rei POV ~

About 3 weeks have passed since I moved to Seoul, and everything is going just as I planned. I got a job and finished decorating the rooms in my new house the way I wanted! The only things I was missing in the house was a new bed and a futon table. Sleeping on the floor with just a mattress, pillow and cover is really uncomfortable.. sigh..
Well soon I have enough money so I can afford a new one!
I hummed happily as I started cleaning and wiping off the tables in the small cafe I worked in, making sure they were shining enough so I could see my own reflection. I really like this job, I truely enjoy myself here and my boss who's an old friend of Dad.
He would always tell me he got worried when he heard I was going to move to Seoul, after all these years I was isolated. I tried going to a school in 8th grade but after a few days they brought me back home.. And I don't know why..

''Rei, time to open the cafe'' I turned my head around seeing my boss, Chanji, behind the counter pointing at the door. I nodded and walked to the door opening it widely. As any other day the sun was shining brightly in the morning I couldn't help but stand in the doorway for a few seconds enjoying it. I could hear Chanji giggle in the background but ignored it walking back to the tables I worked with before.
''Did you hear?'' Chanji said, I glanced at him with a confused look, ''what?''
''About the demons,'' he looked a little concerned as he said that. I felt my eyebrow raise a bit. I was about to open my mouth but he started talking again before I had the chance to say anything. ''It seems like they are spreading around in Seoul, more than it was before. Well they say that atleast'' he pointed at the TV and by curiousity I looked up at the TV seeing the news was talking about it. I have never seen a demon myself, but I didn't feel I was that scared of meeting or seeing one. ''I didn't know..'' I said kinda quietly and felt my hand slip from the table as I wasn't paying attention and backed away a bit.
''They could be anywhere.. Isn't it crazy?'' he said softly. 
''Are you a demon, boss?'' I jokingly said laughing and looked at him. He started laughing softly shaking his head and threw a broom to me. I flinched weakly and catched it stumbling. ''Yah!'' I bursted a bit out and pouted. ''Well I might turn to one if you don't work miss ~'' he stuck out his tongue at me and head straight to work. I kept pouting and turned to look out the window.. The sun was still shining and kids was playing their cute little games. Demons anywhere? I almost doubted it. 


~ Jae POV ~

Groaaaan, why did I have to work the morning shift?! ing Tyler.. I bet he's doing this to mess with me..
I put my hands over my face and my elbows on the barcounter groaning into my hands. I was so tired. I could hear that bastard giggle in the background.
Tyler is an old good buddy of mine, sure, but sometimes I want to flip him across the room. 
''Tired Jae?'' he said wiping the beer glasses happily. Quickly I threw an fireball at him, hearing the glass break into thousand of pieces.
''Ow ow ow!'' it seems like I hit his hands too, good. I chuckled demon like and turned my head seeing him rub his hands. ''Hey! No demon powers here!'' he pouted at me, making me chuckle more. ''So what? No one is here. Anyway, who decides to go to a bar in the morning?'' I said jumping up on the counter sitting there. He looked a little puzzled as I asked that and tried to come up with a good argument.
I work here as a bar waiter, but this bar is mostly for demons who needs a place to relax with eachother. But sometimes humans would come and take a drink or two too. I liked this job, but sometimes it would be a pain in the . People would start fighting and it would always be my job to kick them out.
But I swear. if it happens today I swear I'm gonna kill someone. I'm so tired..

Tyler stopped stumbling on words as he tried to come with a good argument against me and I could feel his eyes look at my scarred and bruised arms. I quickly looked at my arms and tried to hid them with my hands.
''Fight again..?'' he asked concerned. I just sighed and nodded.
''This one demon tried to pick a fight with me, I tried to avoid it but as I walked away he swung his fist close to my face and yeah..'' I shrugged and yawned. ''Did someone see you two? Like.. any humans or angels?'' 
I just shook my head. There were no ones. Also I haven't seen any angels in forever, I even doubt there's any in Seoul. I flipped my hair weakly making my bangs stick a bit behind my ear and rubbed my eyes. I heard Tyler's footsteps go closer to me and I saw in the corner of my eye that he leaned over the counter next to me. ''Alright, how about we go to a cafe later? I know a good one nearby''
A cafe? Now I really never liked cakes or anything like that. I looked at him and tilted my head with confused eyes.
''Well, I did make you come here in the morning after you had a long night'' he grinned and hit my shoulder brotherlike. I chuckled softly and nodded.
''A cafe sounds nice.''


( I had a hard time starting this chapter oh please sorry if it's ish ; A; )