ChoMi/BomiXSojin - Let's Not Fall In Love 1/5

Pink Panda Story Collections

Title: Let’s Not Fall In Love

Characters: Yoon Bomi, Park Chorong and Park Sojin

 

*****************************************************************************************

 

May, 2013

 

Bomi finally decided to confess her love for the older girl. The two were out for a midnight drive like they always do when the dorm felt a bit stuffy. Chorong, the only member who could drive among the six girls, was on the wheel, humming into a song Bomi can’t quite figure out because she’s so nervous she can’t seem to hear and see properly. She had the confession all planned out and she’d done it a million times in her head and she’s afraid the nerves will get over her before she can even speak.

 

“Bbom-ah…” Chorong gawked at her with a look Bomi can’t figure out.

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Do you have someone you like right now?”

 

Bomi was taken aback by the sudden inquiry. She felt a weird sensation in her stomach.

 

“I do.” She managed to reply despite the heavy feeling she’s having.

 

“Are you planning to confess soon?

 

“Why?” She asked back. She’s not really sure as to where their conversation is heading but she can’t help it but to feel dreadful, like something’s about to happen and she’s not really prepared for it.

 

“Does this person like you too?”

 

“I’m not really sure.” Bomi was never sure. Chorong treats her differently and cared for her more than the other members and it made Bomi feel special. Chorong can only share skinship with her and would sleep only in her shoulder. But Bomi knew that Chorong’s action doesn’t necessarily reflect her feelings for the younger girl.

 

“Then don’t confess.” Chorong sounded so different. She sounded so indifferent. So cold.

 

“Why…” Bomi can see heartbreak preparing to swing.

 

“You might lose her if you did.”

 

Chorong’s words were vague but it sounded so clear in Bomi’s ears. She understood what Chorong meant and it was a direct hit for Bomi. Heartbreak hits hard. Results: major concussion. May have trouble walking, seeing. Should not engage in any strenuous activity or operate heavy machinery.

 

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

June, 2013

 

“So when will you confess?” Eunji asked out of the blue when she got the chance to be alone with Bomi. They were having a break from a long hour of recording for their upcoming comeback song, No No No. Eunji was aware of Bomi’s feelings. Being Bomi’s closest friend among the members, she couldn’t miss the spark in Bomi’s eyes and her bright smile everytime their leader is around. Bomi somewhat slip about her feelings as well and she had no choice but to spill her secret to her ’93 liner friend.

 

 Bomi just shrugged, ignoring the member’s query. She looked down at the lyrics on her hand which she already memorized and pretended to be busy with it. When Eunji thought her question would be left floating in the air, she heard Bomi answered in a whisper.

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Why can’t you?”

 

“She asked me not to.”

 

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

September, 2013

 

“Bbom-ah, do you want me to teach you how to drive?”

 

The members were eating dinner when Chorong suddenly beamed at Bomi who was preoccupied with her food. It was another tiring day for the girls. With their hit song, No No No, they became more loved by the fans and received a lot of interest from the public, increasing their popularity and widening their fanbase. They had packed schedules and can barely sleep and rest and all Bomi wanted was a good sleep after their tiring schedule. Their promotions officially ended today with their goodbye stage in Inkigayo and although they still have a lot of commitments to finish, they could at least rest for a while as they end their day earlier than usual.

 

“Sure, I’d love too.”

 

Bomi is a fool. A Chorong fool. If Eunji is a ‘Dongsaeng pabo’ (fool) who would go all out to show her love for his brother then Bomi is a ‘Chorong pabo’. In the eyes of the other A Pink members she definitely is a Chorong pabo.

 

Despite that dreadful day where Chorong broke her heart, she remained to be a fool. Nothing really changed between them, at least in Chorong’s perspective, nothing had change. It’s different for Bomi though. Despite being a fool, she accepted that the older girl will never reciprocate the love she is willing to offer.

 

“Then let’s do it tonight.” Chorong was so excited she missed the hesitation in Bomi’s eyes before the younger girl nodded sheepishly at her.

 

 

--

 

 

“Bbom-ah…” Chorong glanced at Bomi who was busy with her seatbelt. “Is it okay if someone tag along with us?”

 

In spite of the roaring voices in her head telling her that it is not okay, that she’ll get hurt, she smiled like she always do. “It’s okay.”

 


--

 

 

Bomi finally understood the reason behind Chorong’s enthusiasm. The reason behind Chorong’s bright smile. The person who makes Chorong smile at the end of the day despite their tiring schedule. The person she exchange messages with in between performances and during their short breaks. That person was no other than Suho, EXO’s perfect leader.

 

--

 

Bomi couldn’t focus on the driving lesson at all. It was awkward and embarrassing at the same time.

 

Why did I even agree to this? You’re such a fool, Yoon Bomi! Bomi cringed at the sight of the two who were busy teasing each other. It was the most awkward moment of her life and also the most painful one. She felt like a third wheel. No, she was the third wheel and all she wanted was to disappear at that time. She hated herself for being a Chorong pabo and wished she never was a Chorong pabo. She was tired and wanted a good rest but she was stuck with the two instead, breaking her already broken heart. She wishes her feelings for the older girl would just disappear like it never existed on the first place. You’re a fool Bomi-ah…you’re a fool.

 

 

 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

 

 

 

December, 2013

 

Bomi’s POV

 

We are definitely busier this year compared to the previous year thanks to the increasing love our group is receiving. With the increase of our group’s popularity comes the busier and more packed schedules and today is not an exception. We’ve been preparing for the upcoming year end special performances for a few days now but we still need to practice few more routines for the different year-end broadcasting performances including the y dance cover for Expectation by our senior group, Girl’s day. We weren’t really suited for y concepts yet but since it is for SBS Gayo, we decided to take this one on. Girl’s day would also be performing our song, No No No compelling them to shed of their y image for a bit therefore making this collaboration quite interesting.

 

 We were just taking a break from the long dance practice and I was still catching my breath when Eunji sneaked up on me and pulled me in a corner. Having no energy left to protest, I let myself be dragged away and I slack down as soon as I hit the wall. “What now?”

 

“Chorong unnie is acting all weird again. Look at her smiling by herself.” Eunji motioned me to look at Chorong unnie and I had to force myself to look at her.

 

“Suho finally asked her out.” I flatly stated. The days of desolation and misery were over. I hate myself for not caring anymore but I became numb that I couldn’t feel anything.

 

“Bbom-ah…”

 

“I’m okay…I know I’ll be okay.” I smiled at Eunji who had always been there for me. Come to think of it, I’ve been smiling a lot lately and I wonder if those smiles were even real at all.

 

--

 

“And I guess we’re done for today. Good job girls.” Our choreographer finally ended today’s grueling practice.

 

“Thank you for working hard.” We bid our goodbye before finally slacking on the floor, exhausted from the long hours of practice.

 

“I can’t do this anymore, I don’t even have energy to talk.” I gasp for air as I lay on the floor, beaten by the nonstop practice.

 

“And yet you keep on talking.” Eunji snorted as she rolled over to my side, laying her head on my stomach.

 

“Shut up Eunji and please get off me, you’re so heavy I could die.” I grunted but she just stuck her tongue out.

 

“Time to go home, kids.” One of our managers peered through the door as he asked us to get ready to leave and we quietly obliged, having no energy to respond. We were set to go when our manager suddenly received a call.

 

He squinted at me after the call and I can already see what’s coming. “Oh please, I’m beat to death. Can I just learn the new routine tomorrow?” I pleaded with my deadly aegyo but our manager remained unmoved. “You know that’s never gonna work, right?”

 

“Oppa…why are you like that?” I insisted with my aegyo hoping it would work.

 

“Come on Bomi-ah, you’re the dancing machine, remember. You can do this.” It was his turn to do his gross aegyo.

 

“You know that’s never gonna work, right?” I deadpanned and the other girls burst into laughter. I watched Chorong at the corner of my eyes and caught a glimpse of her smiling. I won’t be greedy anymore. I’ve learned my lesson. I’m just happy that I can still make her smile somehow.

 

Our manager received another phone call and gave me an apologetic smile after and I can only sulk and sigh in defeat. “I’m sorry Bomi but we cannot cancel this one. Girl’s day’s leader is already on her way here to teach you their choreography and to learn yours.”

 

“Really?” All the members were in disbelief and I am no exception.

 

--

 

After all the members left, I decided to watch few of Girl’s day’s performances to take a grasp of their dance routine while waiting for Girl’s day’s leader to arrive. I cannot help but wonder why she has to come here personally? They could just send one of their choreographers to teach us the dance.

 

I was already humming into their song when I heard a knock on the door. I look up from the video clip I was watching and saw Sojin unnie, Girl’s day’s leader, standing by the door.

 

“Hi Bomi-sshi.” She was smiling brightly at me and I couldn’t help but smile back at her. For the first time in a long time, I found myself smiling genuinely.

 

“I’m sorry they had to ask you to stay behind. If only we can squeeze a more convenient time for us to practice you wouldn’t have to stay behind this late.” She smiled apologetically at me as she entered our practice room.

 

“It’s fine unnie. We both have packed schedules anyway. I’m just wondering why you have to drive all the way here to teach us the dance. DreamT can just send one of your choreographers to teach us the dance.”

 

“So you prefer our choreographers over me then?” She peered at me teasingly and I shook my head in return. “Not at all. I’m glad it was Sojin unnie who came. I like you the best afterall.” I gave her a thumbs up earning a short but explosive laugh from her.

 

“I like Bomi the best as well.” She smiled at me again and I found myself smiling back, for the second time. I placed my hand over my chest as my heart throbbed wildly. Be still my poor heart, be still. She was saying something but I couldn’t hear her. All I hear was the loud pounding of my heart. Why does this unnie have to be so pretty?

 

“Unnie looked so pretty today.” I mentally slapped myself for letting my thoughts slip through my mouth.

 

“Thank you, Bomi-sshi.” She replied in amusement. “You look great yourself.”

 

“Tha…Thank you.” I was lost for words. For the first time in a long time, I felt my heart skip a beat.

 

 

 

*****************************************************************************************

A/N: I'm back with another short story. It was supposed to be a EunMi one-shot but as I mentioned before I lost all my files, like all of them, and so I have to write new stories based on my latest ideas. I've come up with this story while watching old A Pink performances and while reading some awesome fanfics here in asianfanfics. I got my inspiration from all the good stories I read here. I'm halfway done with the story but I'm still not sure about the final pairing for this story. Maybe I'll just let you guys decide later on. For now, I hope you enjoyed reading the first part. Till next time...