Final

Japan's New Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Japan’s New Love Story

Xi Luhan was no extraordinary resident in Tokyo. He lived the casual life of a book store worker who loved relaxing at a small café with his books and taking strolls outside to ease his mind from the bustling city life. The twenty-two year old lives in a small, quiet part of Tokyo; he had moved there when he turned nineteen to start his studies as a foreign exchange student at a local university. Luhan majors in journalism and takes creative writing as well. He was a rather pretty-looking boy with a passion for the innocent side of life. His appearance compliments the way his heart runs: with beautiful innocence and a peaceful aura.

Oh Sehun was no ordinary resident in Osaka. He lived the high life of a photographer who loved getting his veins filled with adrenaline and taking the fast road with no second thought on what’s going on. The twenty year old lives smack in the middle of a busy, restless city; he had moved there a few months back and without wasting any time to go on his heart-racing adventures to find new things to photograph. Sehun currently majors in Photography, but hasn’t found the time to reenroll himself into a university to continue his studies. He is a sharp, handsome boy with a face that’s filled with life and excitement. His appearance reflects the way his heart is: young, wild, and free.

The two young men couldn’t be any more different… but what would happen if these opposites met?

--

Sehun was at the train station one day; it has been five months since he has come to Osaka, but he has yet to enroll himself into university. The time was noon when the young man sat down at a waiting bench, next to a honey brown beauty who was sipping on a cup of iced tea and looking around like a child at the train station for the first time. Sehun slipped a smile as the boy looked over to him and gave a cute eye smile.

“Hello,” He spoke out in his accented Japanese. “I’m Luhan.” The boy- Luhan- finished his introduction with a smile still planted on his baby- like face.

“Hello, I’m Sehun.” The boy responded, returning back a smile.

“Isn’t the train station exciting?” The honey brown haired boy asked as he leaned back on the bench. Sehun cocked an eyebrow up and looked over at the boy with an amused look. “It’s a train station. What’s so exciting about it?”

“New faces with different stories, all of these people are rushing to get somewhere. It’s like an endless library of unfinished stories.” Luhan explained with interest and passion in his tone that drew Sehun to listen intently to the doe-eyed boy. The said boy blushed when he turned to see the handsome man staring at him. “Sorry, I know we just met. I tend to ramble a lot...”

“No, it’s quite alright. You did make an interesting statement.” A silence then took over. Sehun cleared his throat and broke the sudden lack of words. “What’s your story?”

“For being here?” Luhan asked.

“Yep,” Sehun leaned back on the bench with the boy.

“Well, I’m on my way to school.” Luhan swung his legs back and forth, for he was too short for his legs to reach the floor.

“Oh? Which high school do you go to?” The handsome man crossed his legs and waited for an answer. Instead, he got a cute laugh from the presumably younger boy.

“Sehun, I’m twenty-two.”

Sehun looked over at Luhan with wide eyes. The adorable beauty was wearing a pastel blue flannel with a purple t-shirt underneath and worn out white ripped skinny jeans. To complete his outfit, he had SHINee converses and a pastel floral backpack. He looked like a teenager. Sehun thought for a moment. It finally hit him: Luhan wasn’t wearing a uniform.

“I’m so sorry, you just look really young!” Sehun apologized quickly. Luhan just waved it off before getting up when the train came. The actually younger boy followed suit.

The new pair of friends sat next to each other on the train station. Luhan went on about how the cherry blossom leaves fall so easily, how the wind likes to sing silently, why some people are so materialistic- and the list goes on and on. Sehun, for once, sat there and listened to the older ramble- giving his opinion every once in awhile. The baby-faced male’s eyes lit up lik

Please log in to read the full chapter