Final

Beautiful Nigtmare

It was a Friday night, I was walking when I suddenly bumped into someone.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know where I was looking." I said as I bowed a little and helped him.

 

"I should be the one saying sorry," he said as he looked at me. "Have we met before?" He asked softly and I have to squint my eyes at him. 'Well, he does look familiar but I can't put my hand on it,' I said in my mind. I looked at him more closely before answering,

 

"I don't think I have seen you before, sorry again." I bowed one more time before walking away. It feels weird because I feel like someone is watching me, when I turned around I found no one. Shrugging, I just continued walking home.

 

When I arrived at home, I was welcomed with silence. Yes, I was alone because my parents are on a trip. 'It's always the same,' I groaned and went to the kitchen to cook when someone screamed my name.

 

"Taeyeon!!"

 

"Tiffany, what do you want?" I raised an eyebrow and she walked towards me.

 

"Help me with my project!" She said as she slumped on a chair. I heaved a deep sigh before nodding.

 

"Fine but let me eat first," I said and she just nodded before telling, -or more likely demanding-, me to cook for her also. After I finished cooking, she came to me and asked if she can stay for the night.

 

"Please? Just this one night! Pretty please with cherry on top?" She said pouting and I just couldn't resist her.

 

"Fine! But it's just one night okay? Now let's eat and do your goddamn project," I groaned and sat down to eat. As we were eating she kept on babbling about this and that. Mentally groaning, I stood up to get a cup of water when I felt someone staring at me, when I looked around I spotted a shadow on my window. Being the curious person I was, I slowly walked towards the window to look. But when I did, I didn't see anyone. Scared, I walked back to Tiffany who was still eating.

 

"Hurry up! We don't have all night to do your project," I said and she nodded. "What's your project all about anyways?"

 

"About a person who I truly love and cherish till now," she said and I nodded. As I think about it, I suddenly remembered him.

 

"Yah! Are you okay? You suddenly spaced out," she said as she waved her hand in front of my face.

 

"Huh?"

 

"I said you were spacing out,"

 

"Oh, sorry." I said, and she just went to the kitchen to clean up. When she was done doing the dishes we went to my room and did her project.

 

"Finally it's done!" She groaned and I rolled my eyes at her.

 

"You can go to your room now," I said and she rolled around in my bed.

 

"Can't you sleep there? I feel comfy here," she said and lazily sprawled on the bed.

 

"Fine, see you tomorrow." I said as I walked out of my own room. Sighing I went to the guest room and locked it. "Finally! Peace and quiet!" I said and went to the bathroom to change.

 

"Taeyeon," I heard someone say my name as I was changing to my pajamas. I turned around and saw no one. Feeling goosebumps all over my body, I hurriedly walked over the bed. As I was about to sleep, I felt the bed sink and creak. 'What's happening!?!?' I screamed mentally.

 

"Kim Taeyeon, I still love you," a voice whispered in my ear and suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist.

 

----------FLASHBACK----------

 

"Baek!! He's bullying me!" I pouted as I pointed to Leeteuk who was teasing me. I glared at him before running towards Baekhyun and hugged him.

 

"Shh, don't worry, I'll beat him up for you." He smiled and I nodded pouting. He pinched my cheek and I smiled a bit.

 

"Students go back to your seats now," our teacher said and I quickly took a seat next to Baekhyun

 

"Taeyeon, answer number 6 on the board,"

 

"Yes ma'am!!" I grinned, walking quickly to the board I wrote my answer. After doing so, I went back to my seat and Baekhyun patted my back.

 

"You're improving in Math Teayeon! Can you give me a copy of your notes in English now?" He asked, tilting his head to the side and I nodded.

 

"Better change the others though,"

 

"Why?"

 

"Mrs. Kim might notice," I said and he nodded.

 

-------

 

"Taeyeon!" I heard Baekhyun's voice from afar and I turned around.

 

"Baek!" I grinned and went to hug him. He grew taller than me and I have to look up if I want to look at him straight in the eye.

 

"You look, hmmm...... Cute," he said chuckling and I pouted. I have to admit ever since I met him, I feel butterflies in my stomach and the beating of my heart race. I wanted to tell him what I feel but I was also afraid of being rejected.

 

"Taeyeonnie! Treat me!" Yuri said and I broke the hug with Baekhyun. Nodding my head a few times I went to her.

 

"What do you want?" I asked and she just pointed to a piece of cake.

 

"You sure like cake," I said buying one cake and a piece of cupcake.

 

"Hey, what about me?" Baekhyun said and I looked over him.

 

"What do you want?" He hummed for a bit.

 

"Can I have you?" He asked and laughed with Yuri while I was blushing. "I'm just joking," he said smiling.

 

-------

 

"Yuri, where's Baekhyun?" I asked as I sat down on the ground. It was a cold Monday morning for us.

 

"Baekhyun?" She asked and I nodded a bit. She looked around and motioned me to come closer to her and so I did.

 

"He transfered school," she whispered and I frowned.

 

"Don't joke around with me Yul, where is he?"

 

"Her grandmother was the one who told him to transfer school, they're going back to America, Taeyeon."

 

-------

 

"Where am I?" I asked and looked around the place. It was dark, the only light I was seeing was the light coming from my left. Walking slowly, I tried to go to the light, but it kept going away. Scared I looked around once again, then I saw a picture on the ground. It was my best friend's picture, when I looked at it closely I saw a girl. It was creeping me out because I didn't remember this girl, neither do I remember seeing her with Nicole. Dropping the photo I saw another one. This time it was my cousin, Sohee. I looked at it closely again, there it is again. The girl, I don't know who she is, because as I remember I was the one who took this photo but I don't remember seeing this girl around and it certainly gives me goosebumps.

 

"Who is this girl?" I asked no one and I heard a soft humming, turning around I found another picture. Picking it up, I saw a message at the back,

 

'After looking at this, take 10 steps forward and 10 steps to the right

 

-BE'

 

I looked at t closely and flip it, shocked I almost dropped the photo. "Why is my baby cousin here?" I asked and looked at it closely. It was Lauren, my 2 year old cousin. In the photo she was upside down near the window. Looking at the window, I saw the girl again, this time she was covered in blood. That moment I really dropped it and took 10 steps forward timidly. Stopping I saw a message,

 

'Sorry, for leaving you early,

 

-BB'

 

Weirdly, I felt sad and I took another 10 steps to the right. Stopping I was met with a girl. The same girl I saw in the pictures.

 

"Your Taeyeon right?" She said weakly yet she was smiling.

 

"Y-yes, h-how do you know me?" I asked stuttering. She giggled a bit and looked at me straight in the eye.

 

"I'm Eunji, Baekhyun's older sister." I stared at her in shock. 'Older sister? But he didn't even mentioned her once!'

 

"If you're doubting why he didn't tell you, it's because we were separated since young. That's why you don't know," she said and held her hand out. I looked at her hand.

 

"Are you gonna take it or not?" She asked tilting her head a bit and I just took it. Feeling the cold temperature of her hand I started to feel nervous.

 

"W-where are we going?" I whispered and she patted me with her other hand. As I follow her, I can see that the light is getting brighter around the place. As we arrive at a house, she broke away and opened the door. She looked at me as if telling me to go inside. Going inside, I saw a book at a table and she motioned me closer so I did.

 

"Sit down," she said as she sat down on the other side.

 

"What are we doing?" I asked and she looked at me.

 

"You want to talk to my brother Taeyeon?" I nodded hesitantly.

 

"If you do, close your eyes." Closing my eyes I suddenly felt the air get cold. Shivering, I hear Eunji saying something.

 

"With the great love of two, united forever, until now is strong. Now let us see, the lost soul that is wondering around."

 

"Taeyeon," I heard a familiar voice and felt both of his arms wrap around my waist. "I miss you," he said again and buried his face on my neck.

 

"Taeyeon, sing a romantic cheerful song." Eunji said as she started to sing a song. And so I started to sing to Lucky. Yes I was lucky to have him by my side even though it's just a dream.

 

"Keep singing and turn your head a little," I heard him mumbled and so I did. While singing, I turned my head to his direction. After that I felt his lips to mine. He was kissing me, it was full of love.

 

"Open your eyes," Eunji said. Nodding a bit, I opened my eyes and he pulled away. I looked at him and instantly my eyes was watering with tears. His left forehead was bloody and he has scratches all over his face. Smiling, he went to Eunji.

 

"Noona, thanks for this."

 

----END----

 

As I continued sleeping, I felt arms wrap around me. Mumbling a bit I groaned and turned the other way. As I did, I felt soft lips on mine. Smiling a bit, I tried to reach out, but I felt nothing. As I was opening my eyes, I felt those pair of lips kiss my for head.

 

"I will always love and be here for you," I heard a soft mumble.

 

Opening my eyes, it was morning already.

 

"It's just a dream?" I asked myself and I heard Tiffany shouting for breakfast. Getting up, I went to the bathroom and looked at myself. My lips were a bit swollen. Tilting my head to the side, I touched my lips and I remembered my dream. Blushing I went down to meet Tiffany who was eating.

 

"What took you so long?" She asked me and I shook my head.

 

"I slept late," I answered casually and she just looked at me before continuing to eat.