[삼십이]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{THIRTY-TWO}

Month 06 Day 27

 

 

Kyungsoo didn't think he could face Chanyeol, as much as he wanted to. Actually, he didn't think he was able to face any of his friends. If the giant had decided to go against his promise and told everyone, he was doomed. But he trusted Chanyeol a lot, so he didn't worry too much about it. They were like brothers, and they promised to never stab each other's backs.

"Hyung, how come I always see you here everyday?" 

A boy, about eight years of age, stared down at Kyungsoo who was lying on the warm matted floors of the sauna. He had big doe eyes, smooth jet black hair, fair skin and was casually sipping on his drink as he stared down at him. He'd been staying at this sauna for the past week since it was cheaper to sleep here than in a hotel. The sauna gave free hard-boiled eggs from time to time. 

His eyes fluttered open to be greeted by the boy's face hovering over his. In less than second, he rose up and the both of them stared at each other with their equally gigantic eyes. Kyungsoo had to admit, this boy's appearance beared an uncanny resemblance to his. He felt kind of strange, but he decided to brush the feeling off.

"It's a long story, little boy." He sighed before taking off the white towel which was wrapped around his head. "My friend and I, we're sort of on fairly bad terms. I hid something from him, and he found out about it. I don't know if he's scared of me, because he didn't want to talk it out when I told him I would explain everything. I'm not even sure how to face him myself."

The boy nodded understandingly, reaching for an egg in Kyungsoo's basket without his permission. "Is he your close friend? Like what the girls at my school say : best friends forever. I don't think a friend should be scared of a friend, hyung. If they are, then we can't call them friends, can we?"

"But I'm different..." Kyungsoo stared at his fingers absentmindedly. "I feel like, I don't belong here. He is my close friend and we're like brothers."

"Mmmm   Aren't we all different? Personality, looks, dreams." The boy explained with his mouth full of the eggs he'd taken. "But in the end, we're the same. We're humans. Just because you're from somewhere else, it doesn't make you a monster. Where you feel like you belong, hyung, is up to you. Not everyone feels like they belong somewhere when they come across a new place. Hyung, I think you should see your friend again and tell him again. Since he's like your brother, he'll understand for sure."

"You think so?" Kyungsoo asked as he smirked at the boy sipping his drink again. 

The boy glared at him for being so unconfident before he nodded again. "You know hyung, you're really lucky! You have a close friend to talk to. The kids at my school don't hang out with me, because they say I scare them. Ah, I have to go now." He glanced at his watch and stood up, giving Kyungsoo a small bow. "I hope it all goes well for you, hyung. Remember, confidence!"

"Woah, you're really good at talking." Kyungsoo praised the boy. "Do you need payment or something? You really helped me solve my problem."

"Just think of those eggs I stole from you as payment. I guess I'll be on my way!" 

"Y-Yah, hold on a second!" The boy stopped in his tracks when Kyungsoo called him. He turned around, blinking at him. "What's your name?"

"It's Do Kyungsoo!"

Wait, Do Kyungsoo?

With that final toothy grin, the boy waved and disappeared amongst the various people in the sauna. Kyungsoo sat there in silence. He was just talking to his younger self, and his past had lectured to him about his friendship problems. He knew they resembled each other too much in looks.

Despite feeling slightly dumbfounded, the corners of his lips etched upwards as he continued to stare at where his younger self had disappeared to.

 

Park Chanyeol was in an extremely cluttered state. 

After earning several blames from his friends for not trying to find Kyungsoo earlier, he finally realised. He finally realised that he was failing his role as a close friend. He should've listened to Kyungsoo when he said he wanted to talk about what he'd discovered, but he didn't listen. Instead, he just had to lock his door like a coward to block all his fears.

He asked himself a series of questions while on his frantic search. Has Kyungsoo ever done anything bad to me? Has he ever acted differently from the rest of us? Was it even his choice to choose the country he was born in? He's not dangerous, but why the heck did I act so rashly?!

Just when he was about to run somewhere else to search, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Chanyeol took a few breaths before answering. "Hello?"

"Hey, I found a gang you could totally score a jackpot from." Yoongi's half serious voice filled with a pinch of excitement responded to him. "Hey, Park Chanyeol? Wasn't this what you asked for? You should be thanking me in joy right now! You're so damn quiet, is something wrong? Your girl dumped you after a day of dating you or something?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "No! For your information, Min Yoongi, my bro slash boss is missing, and I really need to find him. We'll discuss about that gang thing next week, and save your jokes for some other time!" Sure, fixing his ties with the BTS boys filled him with joy, but he came to realise their childish sides which were almost more moronic than his. 

"Eh, that Do Kyungsoo dude ran away?" Yoongi asked through the line. "Wah, your lives are like a melodrama or something. I think I'll ditch my guys and join you!" 

"Aish, stop fooling around this time, really. I'm hanging up." Chanyeol frowned and stuffed his phone in his pocket before dashing off in another direction. 

 

Well, nobody could stay in a spa forever. Kyungsoo decided to gather all his belongings and be on his way. As he walked through the streets of this unfamiliar place, he felt the stares from the people around him. He could hear them clearly, although they were slightly drowned by other voices, but he ears could pick them up. 

"Hey, don't you know that guy? He's the leader of that famous high school gang, you know? I heard they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter