Of Sweater Paws and 5AM

Of Sweater Paws and 5AM

He did it again, he realizes, and the new sun peaking over the far far horizon mocks him in the most childish way there is.

"Rise and shine, ," it seems to say, and Daehyun wants to punch it in the face. Stupid big ball of fire in the sky. Stupid internet.

"YOUNGJAE!" He screams as he spins away from his computer screen, honestly disgusted with himself because this is the third all-nighter he pulled in a row and his mom will have his head if she knew about this. "I did it again, I’m a ing idiot."

A groggy voice from downstairs mumbles absolute nonsense and he can hear the thump thump thump of Youngjae climbing up the (honestly dangerous) staircase- Daehyun knows he’s screwed when even the sound of the younger’s footsteps sounds adorable to him.

The door slams open and a pissed Youngjae marches through it with his hair spectacularly sleep-tousled and his glare set to murderous. It’s sort of hard to be intimidated by him when he’s wearing nothing but a huge sweater and grey sweat pants though, and Daehyun finds himself smiling because god does he admire this boy.

Youngjae raises a shaky finger to point at the older accusingly, his lips set in a fine line and his eyes spitting flames. “You,” he drawls maliciously, venom dripping from every syllable, “are insane.”

"I was on Tumblr," Daehyun explains innocently, taking a few seconds to admire the way the awfully large sweater gave Youngjae adorable sweater paws.

Youngjae stares. “It’s 5AM,” he gripes.

"I know, but you won’t believe what Himchan said—"

"You’re not normal."

"Thank you, but listen—"

"No seriously, you should get checked."

"Himchan said—"

"Oh my god, who cares?!” The younger finally yells, throwing his hands up in absolute rage. “Who cares, ing hell, who cares?”

Daehyun is honestly offended. “I do,” he mumbles quietly, and the glare he receives from Youngjae is enough to make him want to curl up and roll under the couch to hide.

Taking a deep breath, the younger grinds his jaw and takes exactly three large steps across the room, stopping in front of Daehyun and grabbing him by his t-shirt’s collar, pulling him so they’re face to face. “I can’t stress this enough, Daehyun,” he starts, his volume increasing with every word until he’s practically screaming in the older’s ear. “I literally don’t give a about Tumblr right now. I haven’t slept in three weeks because apparently a bunch of moving pixels is so important to you that you have to scream at them at every. Given. Minute.” He lets go of Daehyun’s collar and the older rubs at his neck, suddenly afraid for his life. “You’re coming with me and you’re going to go to bed with me because you know damn well how hard I find it to fall asleep without you there, you asshat.”

There’s a short period of stunned silence and Youngjae’s glaring daggers at him, his chest rising and falling rapidly and his sweater paws resting on Daehyun’s chest and he doesn’t know why, but Daehyun is so right now.

"Wanna have ?" He blurts out, and Youngjae nods so hard his head almost falls off. "Please,” he says, and then Daehyun’s pulling him forward and their lips crush together and Youngjae his way into Daehyun’s mouth and Daehyun’s hands are sinking in Youngjae’s hair and the air turns so hot they can barely bare it; a sigh leaves the younger.

"I’m still mad at you, just so you know," he gasps as Daehyun on his neck, and the older smiles against heated skin.

He knows he doesn’t really mean it.