Surprise Dinner

Surprise Dinner - Sungyeol

The past few weeks had been really hard on you, working extremely long hours on top of coming home late and waking up extra early. With bosses that just added to your stress and drama, you didn’t know how much longer you could take of this. Just wanting to spend a little time for yourself, and with your boyfriend, Sungyeol, that is all that you wanted.

A buzzing came from your phone that sat on the side of your desk, prying your eyes away from your work, you pulled your phone over and opened the unread message. Scanning the message with your eyes, you smiled when you saw the sender but his message that he sent was so bitter sweet to you.

Hey Jagi, would you like to hang out later today? -SY

I would love to but I have to work really late again…. sorry

Your fingers started shaking while you tried to ignore the pain in your heart that begged you just for this once to go home early against your manager’s orders.

That is okay, maybe another time :) Fighting~ - SY

Smiling at his message, you whispered his last word to yourself, setting your phone down beside you, you turned back to your screen, gathering up all of the paperwork and making it into one document, it was a lot of organizational skills and work for one person but with a strict guideline, you were sure that you could finish it to try and impress your manager.

Minutes turned into hours, a yawn gently slipped from your lips, looking back over to your phone, you lit up the screen to see the time, covering your mouth with your hand, you gently closed your eyes before you pushed away from your desk. Picking up your phone, you slowly took a break and walked to the bathroom, hoping that some cold water would do the trick and keep you awake.

Pushing the door open into the girls’ bathroom, you slipped your phone in the tight waistband of your skirt, Pulling the cold handle towards you the water rushed out of the spout quickly, sliding your hands under the small waterfall of water, you felt the chill of water run over your hands. Feeling your hands loose their heat, you lifted one of your hands and pressed your cool hand against your skin along your neck, letting out a content sigh, you continued to press your chilled hands over your exposed neck and face.

Soon enough, you smiled felt refreshed once more, turning off the running water and moving over to the paper towels, you pulled a few out while you dried your still cold hands. Placing them in the trash can, your heels clicked against the tile and pulled open the door.

Walking back to your small desk, you sat down in your seat and pulled yourself against your desk again. Placing your fingers on the keyboard your fingers acted like pistons, moving expertly across the screen while your eyes stared straight ahead.

Hours ticked by as you watched your project come together before your eyes. The sunlight outside began to dim while the automatic lights began to turn on, taking a small break, you gently rubbed your wrists before your eyes and ran your fingers through your hair.

Meanwhile Sungyeol was busy preparing something delicious for you, a sly smile hung on his lips while he cut up the vegetables for you, the hum of the rice cooker happily sung its song while he readied some of the containers to bring over to your work place. Taking his time, he heard the whistle of the rice, signaling that it was all cooked, spooning out some of the rice in a bowl, he poured a sauce that he had made beforehand. Putting in the chopped vegetables in another container, he added some fruits that were laying around and made sure that he had a pre-made cupcake for the two of you to share, for dessert.

Packing up the meal in his silver lunch box, he smiled proudly, lifting his lunch box into his hands, he walked over to the door and slipped into his shoes.

"I’m going out Hyung’s~ I will be back soon" Sungyeol yelled through the dorm.

"Don’t be out too late, we have an early practice tomorrow" Hoya reminded from the couch while his eyes hardly lifted from his book.

"Who will you be out with?" Woohyun asked while his eyes were still on his computer screen while he watched something with Myungsoo.

”_______” Sungyeol replied shyly, his cheeks tinting with a happy blush before he lifted his jacket from the coat rack, carefully placing the food he made on the ground, he slid his arms through the holes while the guys all chuckled and whined happily.

Blocking out their sounds, he picked up his meal for you and him before he opened the front door and closed it with the chime sounding happily.

Rubbing your eyes, sleep was now calling your name, checking the time, you thought that you could sleep for ten or fifteen minutes before you had to get back to work. Hoping that the short cat nap would do the trick and give you some more energy, you slowly and carefully cleared a part of your desk before you placed your folded arms on top.

Resting your head on your folded arms, your eyes quietly closed while your breath slowed, opening your eyes gently, you made sure that you had set your timer on your phone, smiling tiredly, you let your eyes close once more before you drifted off to sleep.

Just as you planned, the ten minute alarm sounded, however you didn’t wake up, too exhausted and the office being way too quiet from everyone that went home hours ago, you were still sleeping,

Sungyeol walked up the stairwell to the correct floor, the emergency lights lit the hallway, causing Sungyeol to grip the lunchbox tightly as the office had a creepy and almost spooky feel to it.

Rounding the corner to your desk, Sungyeol smiled when he saw you through your propped open glass door, your head cutely resting on your arms. Piles of paper still around you and the screen of your computer giving off a gentle light that perfectly lit up your face.

Knocking on the glass with his knuckles, he thought that you would wake but once you didn’t he knocked once more, but watching you, he just smiled and entered into your space. Setting the lunchbox on a slightly clean area on your desk, he tilted his head to get a better angle of seeing your face sleep.

With your pink lips slightly parted, a hint of your lip gloss still on your lips while your beautifully black eyelashes fanned down over the gentle blush on your cheek. Sungyeol’s eyes slowly scanned your face, taking in your simple beauty. However the constant buzzing of your phone quickly drew his attention away from you, picking up your phone in his hands, he turned off your timer before he glanced at you and chuckled.

Walking around your desk, Sungyeol gently placed his hand on your back, rubbing it slowly, a soft whine spilled from your lips while your back arched slightly, pulling his hand away quickly, he saw your back relax and your breathing filling the quiet air around the two of you.

"Jagiya, your ten minutes are up" He whispered next to your ear while he moved some stray strands of hair behind the shell of your ear.

"A few more" You mumbled incoherently, softly chuckling at your response, Sungyeol leaned down and kissed your cheek delicately. A few seconds passed before your eyes fluttered open and you looked around. Becoming slightly disoriented from sleeping, you sat up and rubbed your eyes gently.

Quickly scanning the area that you were in, you recognized that you were at work but then your eyes landed on the lunch box that was hanging over the edge and you reached out and pulled it closer to you, ping the top, Sungyeol stood next to you with his fingers playing with each other behind his back.

"What is this?" You muttered under your breath as your fingers pulled the zipper along it’s tracks, opening the lid, you lifted it up to see the tightly packed food in the containers.

"Do you like it?" Sungyeol whispered not wanting to alarm you that he was next to you. Your eyes quickly snapped over to him, your heart slightly picking up its pace.

"I- I don’t know I h-haven’t tried it yet" You felt yourself feel a little odd that Sungyeol somehow appeared next to you, but when you looked up at him all of your previous thoughts vanished and you were just happy that he was here with food for you.

"Then try it~ Food is made for eating" Sungyeol pointed out, his tone seeming like it was obvious.

"Thank you~" You cooed, pulling out the containers while Sungyeol pulled a spare chair next to yours.

"No problem" He popped the lids off of the containers and handed you a pair of chopsticks to you.

"Did you make this?" You questioned, turning your head to him noticing that the food looked different from the store produce that he usually bought and put into the containers as he pretended that it was his.

"I did…" He nodded his head, his hands running along his thighs in nervousness.

"I can’t wait to have some~!" You turned and looked down at the food, digging in on the corner closest to you, you picked up some of the rice and the sauce that looked appetizing drizzled on top. "Looks good~" You sung before you lifted the food up to your mouth.

The slightly warm rice happily sat on your tongue while you tasted the sauce on top, your chewing suddenly halted as you looked over at Sungyeol.

"How is it?" Sungyeol’s eyes got wide while he looked at you wondering what was wrong. Just nodding you didn’t have the heart to do anything else.

"I-Is something wrong with it?" He noticed you not chewing or going in for another bite while your stomach loudly grumbled.

Turning your eyes, you looked into his chocolate large eyes that were locked on yours, forcing yourself to swallow, your eyes closed gently trying to look like you were enjoying it.

"You don’t like it, do you?" Sungyeol got the hint from your crinkled face and strained expressions, nodding his head he tried to not be hurt from this. "It is okay if you don’t. I just wanted to do something nice for you."

"I know and I love how you wanted to come and visit me and make me dinner, that was really sweet of you" You slid your hand over his that was nervously tapping against his thigh, wrapping your hand around his, he looked up at you.

"We can work on cooking together, don’t you worry. You haven’t tasted my cooking yet" You pointed out, knowing that you wouldn’t be able to cook the rice as good as he did.

"I bet it is perfect though, since you are perfect" Sungyeol gently brushed his thumb over your fingers, his thumb taking a little more time while it brushed over your couple ring to match his.

"Next time you have a late practice, let me cook for you, then you will see how bad I am" You proposed.

"Okay, but there is one thing that I know you will like" He gently let his hand slip from your, pulling over the lunchbox, tilting the lunchbox on it’s edge, he pulled out a small colored container, lifting the lid he smiled and showed it to you.

"I guess we could have dessert for dinner" He shrugged his shoulders with a child like smile on his face.

"A cupcake!" You clapped your hands together cutely, "Perfect~!" Carefully lifting the packaged cupcake out of the container, you placed it on your desk while you began to unwrap it.

"There is only one cupcake though and there is two of us" You turned your head to look at him with a puzzled look.

"I-I though w-we could sh-are" He stuttered nervously, knowing you two had been together for six months.

A smile widened on your face, carefully breaking the cupcake down the middle, you held out both parts of the cupcake to him so that he could choose which one he wanted, seeing that it was only fair. Taking the smaller piece for himself, he smiled and took a small bite of his before you took a bite of yours.

"Soooooo goood~" You whined tasting the sugar on your tongue.

"Better than my rice?" He held up the salty sauce and rice in the container while he made a funny face.

"Ummmm…" You your lips catching a part of the cupcake and taking it into your mouth.

"How about me?" He pointed to himself trying to act cutely.

"Why are you making me choose between a cupcake and you?" You questioned taking another bite.

"I just want to know who is sweeter?" Sungyeol posed.

"How do I test if you are sweet or not?" You off your fingers from the slight frosting that stuck to the pads of your fingers. Quickly he leaned in and kissed your cheek gently.

"I think you are pretty sweet" He whispered by your ear before pulling away.

"I was supposed to see if you were sweet” You tapped his nose gently. “I already know you are though~”

"How do you know?" Sungyeol looked at you puzzled, tilting his head to you with a smile begging to pull on his lips.

"My heart told me" You stated simply, nodding his head, he knew that he couldn’t argue with an answer like that. He blushed and smiled, finishing off his cupcake he loaded all of his ruined meal up to take it back home.

Reaching out, you gripped his shirt between your hand, “Sungyeol…”

"Yes?" He turned around and looked down at you.

"Thank you, I really appreciate you making me dinner" You stood up and wrapped him in a hug, ducking your head you moved under his arm and wrapped your arms around him tightly.

"You are welcome, next time I promise to do better" Sungyeol slowly wrapped his arms around you.

"Even if you don’t get better at cooking, I will still love you" You told him, pressing your ear up against his chest, you smiled, "You make me so happy and that is all I need"

Kissing the crown of your head, he smiled against your hair, holding you tightly in his arms while he started to rock you from side to side.

"You make me happy too" He whispered before he closed his eyes and smiled being happier then he ever thought he would be.