What was Kidoh exactly?

Can I Be Your Memory?

Its been two years since Kidoh's passing. Jin had been depressed for a whole year and Namjoon did everything in his power to make him happy. During the second year though, Jin became slightly better. He had been going for therapy and going to a rehab group in order to get over his depression. Namjoon never knew how much Hyosang really meant to Jin. Eventually, Namjoon asked Jin's hand in marriage and he gladly accepted. The two of them got married in the states during one of their tours. They ended up going to Niagra Falls in New York for their honeymoon. When they came back from America, they adopted a little girl named Suhee. She was about four years old and seemed to cling onto Jin a lot. She was young but knew that Jin was troubled. She would occasionally drag him out by saying she wanted to go to the park or ice cream parlor. Jin was easily distracted until one day....

"Appa! I want ice cream!" Suhee pouted.

Jin simply laughed and knelt down to lift her up onto his shoulders as he walked.

"Ya. I told you to call me umma instead."

She frowned.

"But you're a boy!"

Jin laughed again.

"But ummas are pretty no? Aren't I pretty?" he smiled widely as he walked.

She pouted and simply shook her head as she held onto his hair a bit before looking around. Within seconds, it began pouring. The weather went through a sudden change. It was really hot a few moments ago and suddenly became freezing cold. The two of them headed for a store as Jin set the little one down and sighed softly. She blinked and looked around in confusion, holding onto his hand. Jin frowned and looked over, seeing a familiar face.

"Jungkook?"

"Ah annyeong hyungnim!" he smiled widely and looked outside as he whistled. "The hell?"

"Right?" Jin sighed again.

"Are you two gonna eat or?"

Suhee's eyes lit up. Jin looked down at her and then back at Jungkook as he chuckled.

"Sure, why not?"

Jungkook took them to their seats and turned the grill on. He then bowed and hurried off to bring them the meats they wanted. Once he brought them to the table, Jungkook sat with them since it seemed no customers were going to come in any time soon.

"How have you been Kookie?"

"Ah.. down in the dumps to be honest.."

"Oh?" the older was surprised. Jungkook was probably the happiest person he's ever known.

"Its just that.. Jimin and I last night.. We..." he sighed and leaned in to whisper into the latter's ear. Jin nodded and smiled gently as he ruffled the younger's hair.

"So you still don't know yet if he..?"

"Exactly... I don't want to make it super obvious but at this point, I'm desperate." he let out a nervous laugh and served the grilled meat to Suhee first.

Jin looked at Jungkook for a long while and took a deep breath.

"Are... you still thinking about him?"

The older shivered a bit, caught completely off guard. He looked down and closed his eyes halfway, slowly nodding. Suhee knew who 'him' was and decided now was the time to do something cute.

"Umma Umma!" she giggled and stood on the chair, kissing Jin's cheek before hugging him tightly. Jin blinked and stared at her long enough before Jungkook joined in on the opposite side, doing the exact same thing. Jin shook his head and laughed at their silliness. After about an hour, Jin paid for the food and stood up.

"Hey Kook? Can you babysit Suhee for me? I need to check something out."

Jungkook blinked and shrugged at Suhee before picking her up in his arms.

"Alright. We'll just be at my parents' place then." he smiled and left with Suhee, making sure to cover her in his hoodie he hadn't put on since it was still pouring. Jin simply stood there, curious as to why the weather had suddenly changed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Hyosang? Are there any books based off of your kind?"

"Huh? Oh yeah actually. They're in the catacombs of Paris." he joked before Jin hit him in the back of his head.

"Ya! Punk!" Jin puffed his cheeks. "Seriously though Hyosang.."

"Well.. there's this woman... she owns some records and wrote a book based off of us. She was a close friend of my mother's... Her book was banned though and she was thrown in jail for making up a species and eventually was killed because she went crazy trying to become one of us since we were the superior race..."

"Ahhhhhh. Where did she live?"

"What? Why on earth would you want to go? That place doesn't exist anymore. Its somewhere in Samcheok."

"Okay then."

A few days later, Kidoh had taken Jin to Samcheok in order to prove that the place didn't exist anymore. There was nothing but the land there and the view of the beach. Kidoh was upset when Jin didn't believe him and since then, their relationship sort of went down hill.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jin took the bus to Samcheok and put in his earphones as he drifted off to sleep. After about an hour, the bus stopped and he slowly woke up, noticing the weather got crazier. It was hailing now and the wind was picking up. He had no idea what to do until the bus driver offered him his umbrella to keep. Jin bowed his head and headed out as he used the umbrella, walking to the destination. He took the small paper out with the exact location and a mini drawing map that Hyosang had created. It was the last thing he owned of his. He has tried getting rid of him entirely. He once tried to knock himself out, grabbing a pole and hitting himself in the head in an attempt to lose his memories but failed miserably. Namjoon had to take him to the hospital and get him to take more hours of rehab.

After walking a few more miles, he stopped and looked down at the soiled ground. He suddenly felt a sudden chill run down his spine as he looked back, seeing someone dressed in pure black stare back at him, most of his face covered. Jin swallowed thickly and decided to walk a bit faster. He began panicking when he heard the footsteps right behind him. He began reaching for his phone when he was suddenly approached by one of the residents, jumping a little from the suddenness.

"Ah, mianhaeyo Ajumma!" he bowed.

"Aish! You kids ought to know better than to run into people!" She hit the back of his head lightly before noticing his fear.

"Ya.. what ails you?"

"There's a man..."

"What man?" she looked over him and blinked as she stared blankly ahead.

"What-?" Jin did the same as his eyes widened.

I could have sworn...

"This rain is getting to your head! Come. I'll make you some tea."

"Ah gomawoyo ajumma." he followed her out of courtesy since Jin was raised in the type of household where if someone offered you something politely, you should not decline. Once they approached what appeared to be her own tea shop, she looked at him and squinted.

"You look familiar..."

"I do?" Jin blinked and suddenly looked away, rubbing the back of his neck as he put his umbrella in the umbrella stand by the door.

No one was in sight. She had closed the tea shop for the day but welcomed him inside.

"So, what's your name boy?" she smiled warmly at him.

Jin finished taking a sip of his jasmine tea as he sniffles a bit before talking.

"Kim Seokjin." he nodded.

"Ah I see.."

There was an awkward silence between the two of them. Jin decided to stare out the window before the woman spoke up again.

"My name is Yeonju Hyosang. It's a pleasure to meet you. Also please, don't call me ajumma. I'm only 26."