gone

Roses and Piano

The setting starts off with slow violin music and the soft dripping of water from the drizzle. The bow gently gliding along the strings of the violin as you sat down on the spectators stand, watching the performance before your eyes. That guy playing the violin was your friend, and had invited you to see the performance. You heard a beautiful melody and diverted your eyes to the person beside him. He was absolutely amazing; his golden brown hair makes it impossible for you to not notice. Though from afar, you could sense his absolutely stunning beauty. Not many were there, for it was a cold and windy night at the park. That day, it was supposed to be a day of performance for them, but it turned out to be a day of where one could be truly themselves; to perform with people passing by in the darkness and only a few shimmering bright lights shining down on them. He plays the piano with his gentle and soft hands, and is dressed in a black cotton coat, with a black tie, a white button-down shirt, and long black pants with leather boots. You stared in awe whilst people and old elderly couples stroll past and stood there, enjoying the song. They carried umbrellas and their hands were interlocked.

During the of the song, roses began to fell. People started walking by and scattering the roses all over the area, and they walked gracefully as they did it. It felt like an eternity as you watch him play miraculously, with all his might and all his heart. You may not know him, neither does he know you, but it was alright, you were just here to enjoy the performance… wasn’t it?  But then your heart ache, you felt like something… just something bad might happen…

And remember that guy who told you to come? His name is called Park Chan Yeol, your best friend. You could see how Chanyeol was attracted to this guy, for he had all the features and personality that Chanyeol wants and needs. Chanyeol started to look really worried as the guy was playing the second chorus. He was frowning while playing the piano and you couldn’t figure out why. He was using all his might…just … just to-

The piano keys played a loud bang as Baekhyun head  and his arms fell onto the piano keys. He was just 10 more seconds away to finishing the ending. You stared in shock and Chanyeol rushes over to Baekhyun side. “Baekhyun?! Please… wake up… urgh…” Chanyeol eyes started to get watery. You dialed 911 and went over to Chanyeol comforting him. “Baek… I need him here with me…” Chanyeol sobs as he hugs you. You saw Baekhyun pale but smooth complexion. His illness was unknown to you, but it seems like Chanyeol knows what it is. How could you know when all Chanyeol tells you about Baekhyun was everything else? That he was a piano teacher… that he loves kids… that he loves performing and giving joy to others…? He started to tremble and mumble the words saying,” I can’t… I don’t want Baek to die… I …” All you could do was give him what a friend could give; a hug.

 

(BAEKHYUN POV)

I woke up feeling like today is going to be my last day on Earth. Why? I already knew what disease I had. It was incurable. I found myself on the hospital bed, with the machines beeping away and the water dripping from the tubes. Apparently I must have passed out during the performance. I grabbed my iphone as the bright lights pierced my eyes. I glared at the time that was staring back at me. 2AM. Time was slowly ticking away. I looked at the notifications and Chanyeol had spammed the whole list with things like, ”I love you Baek, I’m so sorry I had to leave first. I will be back tomorrow and you have to be bubbly okay? Please be well and I love you, I can’t bear to lose you.” I felt a sting in my heart. Now the one who is in more pain is Chanyeol, who still fall in love with me despite me telling him of my incurable illness. I was just glad the hospital had some papers and a pen for me. Tears started to drip from my eyes as I stared at the paper. I wonder who should I dedicate it to? I started writing whatever I felt at that moment and it felt like a day has passed writing this. With tubes connected everywhere to my body, I didn’t feel the physical pain for the inner pain was killing me more. I told Chanyeol in the letter to thank his friend for coming over to watch us, and that I am very sorry, and many more.

Sure, I finally understand what It’s like to be in my last day or days. It feels terrible and you can almost predict death is coming. I waited for it as I scribbled quickly all the words I want to tell him. And then I started coughing and grabbed the tissues. Blood was splattered on the tissue papers and I frowned… feeling a deep pain shoot through my chest. And then dizziness hit me, and the sound of the pen dropping on the floor was deafening. I was fading away. The sound of the machine beeping started to get louder and more urgent. I didn’t struggle to keep fighting and stay awake… I let death took me away as I close my eyes and hear the doctors rushing in, trying to save me.

(No one’s POV)

But it was all useless. He was gone.

His name is Byun Baek Hyun.

 

 

A/N: Hi guys!! I’m back with this new short story. If you have requests for me to write a fic specially for you and I think I can do it, I will, so tweet me @ twitter.com/buttmyeon teehee. OH BUT IT MUST BE EXO AND BOYFRIEND MEMBERS ONLY!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS, SUBSCRIBE AND SEE YOU SOON. LOVE YA.