Chapter 14

Full Moon Affairs

"What?" Mina asked "You got it all wrong!" she complained as they for coming back with Luhan "Someone shifted, my horse got scared, it threw me off and he caught me! I promised I'd never date a Wolf!"

"Stop being childish, will you?" Lia scolded her as she let her head fall down "If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be here! Plus you admitted to liking him which is great!"

"I made a promise! I was never one to break promises!"

"Then don't make a promise you can't keep!" Liz said kind of annoyed on her friend's attitude.

"Will you listen to yourself for a second?" Sehun asked "You don't want to date Luhan but the thought of him being with someone else had you running away! You already broke your promise!"

"OK! Fine! I admit it! I like him! Happy now?" Mina said as she looked around.

Everyone was shocked from the outburst but the look on Luhan's face was more than rewarding.

"OK, now, as soon as you start dating we can go back to business!" Liz said.

"Who ever spoke about dating?" Mina asked.

"Well, you like him, he likes you. It's the natural course!" Kai said.

"No, no, no, no, no! I can't!"

"Why not?" Lay asked.

"Think of all the political schemes and scenarios it will cause. We're not just a Wolf and a Mermaid, we're both higher ups!"

"Fine, I'll give up my spot as second in command and I'll be just a Wolf!" Luhan said and everyone gawked at him.

"But you really worked hard for your place!" Lay told him.

"So?" Luhan answered him.

"Think rationally! You can't give everything up! Think of your parents!" Sehun reasoned.

"Who are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves!" Luhan added.

"This is wrong!" Mina said "This is so wrong Luhan! We're already on the verge of a war and it will only make things worse since Sehun already protected me during Royal's meeting."

"And I'll protect you!" he said.

"No."

"I'll give up my spot either way, it's either we start dating or I go back to my parents and they force a wedding upon me. Choose!" Luhan told her.

"I... I..." Mina was trying to think rationally but all she could do was try not to attract too much attention. "Fine! We can try." she said and everyone cheered "Under one term. No one else finds out about it."

Everyone easily agreed on the term she said and both her and Luhan were smiling like idiots for days. Eventually she came back to the palace and settled thing as well as she waited to hear from the two moon driven kingdoms that were trying to prove themselves innocent. Mina though, was still not healed and really cautious when it came to werewolves and the one who had to deal with it was Luhan who no matter what he did it seemed like it wasn’t enough to melt the Queen’s heart. Sehun and Kai as well as the rest of them visited them often and the days till the deadline they had given towards the other species was close to an end and they still did not have a response so they were getting ready for another Moondriven war.

Mina was in charge of equipping and enchanting the weapons of the wolves with starfish eggs and other magic reppellers while Sehun, Luhan and Tao were training the rest with combat techniques and martial arts. Chen, Chanyeol, Suho, D.O and Xiumin were working on the deffence mechanisms and armors while the rest of them were working on the territory studying during the day. During nights they all gathered over the maps studying their resources and schemes they could use to their aid while the Mermaid Queen stood silent most of the times still holding onto her hate.

“Mina, what do you think about taking all the mermaids on human form and use your magic on attack?” Sehun asked.

“It’d be pointless, your plan is bound to fail.” she said poker-faced “Without water mermaid magic is almost unexistant, not to mention way weaker. And carrying around giant tubes with water is our of question since it would weaken our armies and strain our resources.”

“Then what do you suggest?” Beakhyun snapped at her “You’ve been turning down all our plans since we started this whole thing but you won’t suggest something. Either suggest or stay silent.”

Mina smirked as she walked towards the table where they were laying the maps and studied them for a little bit before speaking up.

“We trap them between your grand forest and the sea shore. Both of us are at our strongest there. Sand our sand manipulators and your telekinisis masters will block the attacks towards you and our your water manipulators as well as our defenders will block their attacks towards us. The rest of us use our long distance attacks to cause damage and close combat to keep them in that area.” she explained “Seems simple doesn’t it? Also Luhan will connect me mentally to everyone since I can nullify magical attacks, that way those attacks will hit me and I’ll nullify them allowing you guys to move further.” 

“What makes you think I’ll allow you take the magical attacks of hundreds of creatures? You can’t control your reactions on that and nullifiers do have weaknesses, what if they use yours by chance?” Luhan tried to reason with her.

“Well, it’s worth dying if it means I’ll save the day in the end, isn’t it?” Mina said and smiled.

“Well, it’d make me go through severe physical pain to the point I might die since I’ve already imprinted on you so don’t you dare die on me!” Luhan exclaimed.

Mina smiled and took his hand looking at him. She squeezed it lightly and to everyone, includying herself and Luhan that was a first. She kept smiling as she walked closer to him and hugged him hiding her face into his chest. It took Luhan less than seconds to bring his hands up and hug her back as everyone smiled at the picture of their friends.

“Please don’t die if I die.” Mina whispered to Luhan “I promise I’ll protect you when I die, I’ll be with you, if you decide to move on after my death I’ll make sure you’re happy, if you don’t I’ll take the pain away but please don’t die.”

“Who said I’ll let you die?” Luhan murmured against the top of her head “I’d rather take the hit, it’d save the mermaids the trouble of getting a new Queen cause it’d be hard to find someone as amazing as you.”

Mina smiled and hugged him tighter before pulling away to go on the plans before the night got darker and the festivities started. It was a Wolves’ tradition to have a festival kind of party before going to war, live carelessly a few nights cause there was a huge possibility they die on the battle field so they wanted to at least have a night of fun.

Hours passed and it was finally time for the festivities to start. Of course the planning had stopped quite a bit ago as the heads of the creatures went to prepare for the great event. Wolves would entertain with dance and martial arts performances while the mermaids would bring the music and effects into this, and sadly for Mina she would have to perform to cover for an act that couldn’t make it but no one knew else knew it.

Everyone was dressed as if it was the some sort of a ball, with all girls wearing amazingly pretty dresses and the guys were wearing their suits. Those of higher status of course had the signs of their status. Sehun was wearing a dark grey suit with a white shirt underneath it and his golden crown on top of his head. The rest of the wolves higher-ups were along his lines in various colors and shades only they didn’’t have a crown, they had dark blue ribbons