Blessed Love

Blessed Love

"Junhong! I already told you and this must be the thousand time of me telling  you."

The sixteen year old lowered his head down. He knows what the teacher wants to say. And it's really annoying sometimes. But still he stayed there infront of his teacher that was holding a ruler as if a mean to hit him.

"Why didn't you buy them yet??!"

The boy sighs ignoring the teacher. 

"How many times do I have to tell you??!! This is not your grandparents school to be wearing and doing what ever you like. School has rules and you must obey them!"

The more the teacher yells, the more stronger the boy grew.

"There's no more sympathies for you Junhong! No more!"

"Fine! Don't be!"

"How dare you raise your voice to me!"

"If you have so much money, why don't you lend them to me? Cuz I said I can't afford them. So I ing can't. Don't you get what I'm saying??"

The teacher slaps Junhong as he was acting rude.

"Teacher Lee, I'm  so sorry. I'm terribly sorry."

Out from nowhere, Yongguk appeared in the office. Junhong was bitting his lips. He actually wanted to cry as the slap was really painful.

"Mr Yongguk, your son is so rude where did he exactly pick that from??"

"Teach Lee, i'm  very sorry. "

Yongguk putted his hands together begging for forgiveness from the teacher.

"He will be expelled from here."

The teacher gave a letter for Yongguk to sign.

"Teach Lee please don't do this. I promise I'll buy him the school's unifrom in no time. Please teach Lee, please I beg you."

The teacher smirks.

"I have no time for this drama of yours please get out."

Junhong rounded his eyes seeing his father kneeling down bowing to his teacher pathetically. 

"Please teach Lee, you can do anything to me..not my son please. He needs education. He needs to make a better living. Please I beg you. Please."

"Mr Yongguk please stand up. Have you no pride to yourself?? What will people think of me??"

Yongguk stands and held the teachers hand.

"Please."

She rolled her eyes and swiped away Yongguks' hands as if it was the filthiest thing she ever touched. Yongguk didn't care. He wasn't offended by Junhongs' teacher. He knows his feelings aren't important right now.

"Alright..I'll  give you time to buy the school uniform. But don't challenge me, I can expel him in any matter of ways if he's acting rude next time."

The boy glares to his teacher while his father was thanking the teacher continuesly. They were then told to leave.

"Tramps."

Junhong turned back to his teacher, hands gripping tightly as he heard his teacher whispered 'tramp'.

"Watch what you're saying old lady. I still live in a house got that."

Yongguk pulls Junhong to leave immediately while being sorry for Junhongs' act towards the teacher. The teacher smirks seeing them leave.

 They walked down the lane. Yongguk looks at little Junhong who was kicking the stones in his way.

"Does it hurt?"

The old man tries to brighten up his son.

"It's your fault dad! Urgh."

Junhong glares to Yongguk.

"Does my Junhong needs something? "

He still tries.

"Yea I do need something besides than that stupid uniform."

The old mans' eyes sparkle, he smiled.

"What is it?"

"You.."

Yongguk frowned weirdly.

"I want to leave you and that stupid old house of yours."

The old man froze letting Junhong pass ahead him. He was heart broken hearing that. Yongguk knows how much his son,Junhong dislikes him. But he never thought his little Junhong wishes to leave his father alone who actually was already lonely after the death of his beloved wife.

Yongguk was not terribly poor like the people around him thinks. He owns an old house. That's what all left. His job, Yongguk sells ramen cups near the streets. If no one buyed his ramens, he'll just eat them with Junhong just to fill their empty stomach. 

"Dad!"

Junhong shouted from down the lane. Yongguk lets out a heavy sigh and smiled.

"Another challenge from god..."

He whispers and runs down the lane to catch up with Junhong.

"Hey I've  been eating the same thing for years! Stop stuffing me with this thing and get something else for me to eat!"

Junhong throws the hot ramen cup on the floor.

"Junhong-sshi, I don't have any money to buy you good foods."

Yongguk cleans up the mess he made.

"Are you dumb?? Make some money then!"

He glares to Yongguk.

"Son it's cold outside. How about tomorrow. I promise you I'll -"

"Jeez, if you were like Himchan's dad, I don't think we'll be living like this."

Yongguk let out a heavy sigh.

"Stupid clumsy..what kind of dad are you."

Junhong smirks.

"I'll  try better."

"Better my just shut up and make sure you earn some money tomorrow.  Don't stuff me with those ramens anymore got that?!"

Yongguk nods sadly. Again, Junhong broke the old mans' weak heart. Thinking over and over of making his son happy, Yongguk broke his piggy bank. He thought of buying Junhong his uniform. He started counting the not-so money from selling his ramens. 

 "64086.13 won.."

Yongguk smiles as if he found treasure. He glances to Junhong down, lying on the mattress already sleeping.

"Don't you worry,  I'll  get you your uniform."

He quickly runs out to buy them immediately. Counting the money in his hands, Yongguk imagined how happy would little Junhong be when he sees the school uniform he'll buy. Busy with his imagination, suddenly some meddling boys ran towards Yongguk.

"Whay do you want?"

The old man was shaking frighten of the sudden boys gathering towards him.

"Give us the money."

One of the four said.

"No."

Yongguk tries to leave them but then the boys aggressively snatches the money from him.

"No no, that's for my son's school uniform please no!"

He defenses himself. But the youthful kids were much stronger than him. They pushed Yongguk to the side roughly and ran full of laughter with the money.

"No!! Please!"

Yongguk chased them. But with his age, his legs couldn't carry him. He collapsed on the street.

"My Junhong needs them. Uniform clothes.."

He cried all alone on the lonely dark street.

"Dad,what on earth are you doing?"

Junhong couldn't sleep. He approaches his father. Yongguk quickly wipes off his tears and turns to face Junhong. He stands up. He smiles. Not wanting his boy to see him cry.

"I'm going to buy your school uniform."

Junhong looks at his father pithily. The boy rolls his eyes.

"I could still live with or without that uniform."

"But son, you need it to go to school."

"Did I say I'll quit school??"

Yongguk shakes his head.

"Get some sleep and go to work tomorrow. I'll figure it out myself."

The old man smiles once again.

"You need to feed me got that?"

Yongguk nods.

The very next morning, Junhong putted on his new uniform. Yongguk who was just awake look to his son weirdly.

"Where did you get that?"

"This? I told you I'd figure it out."

Junhong hopped out from the house happily. 

"Stop right there."

A man neared Junhong and beats him up. Yongguk heard Junhong aching as if he was hurt so he went outside to see what was happening.

"Sir stop sir!"

Yongguk pulls his son behind him.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"Are you his father? Pfft tramps."

Yongguk was a little broke when he heard that.

"Yes I am."

"Is this your house?"

"Yes."

"I'll let him go since he looks terribly poor. But next time I'll get him if I see him stealing at my shop again. Got that!"

The man left. Yongguk turns to Junhong, behind him.

"You stole this uniform from his shop?"

 "No I didn't.. "

Junhong stubbornly didn't admit his fault.

"Who taught you how to steal??!"

For the first time the old man explodes out of anger to his son.

"I never have stolen anything in my life! And how could my son be stealing??!"

Junhong looks away. Taking it as if it was just a small problem.

"I am not rich as your classmates are but I can buy you those uniform with my own money!"

Yongguk was really angry with Junhong.

"We are poor but we're not that terribly poor, do you understand me?!"

Junhong smirks to Yongguk.

"Junhong..Junhong!"

"What?!"

In absolute anger Yongguk raises his hand to slap him. But some force stopped the old mans' hand. He looked straight into his son eyes. Junhong sharply replied by looking at him back.

"Mom never had hit me. Go on, hit me dad."

Yongguk puts down his hand and lowered his eyes to the ground. He then smiles. Junhong watched his father smiling as if he was crazy.

"I'll get off to work."

He looks up to face his son once again.

"Be good in school and chase your dreams."

"Yea I will. Once I'm successful, don't even dream to see me again."

Yongguk nods slowly with a bitter smile.

"I hope you will achieve what you wish for."

"Just see me dad. I'll be the richest man in the world. No one will say I'm a tramp anymore. I won't have to live in this hideous shack ever again."

 "Okay."

Yongguk smiles.

"I hate you dad. I've always had."

"I know."

Still Yongguk showed his smile to the heartless son of his.

 

 

--Flashback ends--

 

 

Years passes, weather changes, and so as people. After finishing school, Junhong had his prayers wished. He went abroad to study and now he's a successful businessman. He made all his wishes come true. He left home without any calls for home. No more old house. No more South Korea as he was staying in the overseas.No more people calling him 'tramp'. And no more dad.

"Sir we have arrived in South Korea."

Junhong was woken up to reality by a lovely stewardess. 

"Oh yes, thank you."

Junhong then jumps out from the aeroplane. 

"South Korea. "

He whispered as soon as he steps out from the aeroplane. He misses the air in his homeland. He missess home. He missess the lane where he comes and go from home to school. He misses Yongguk. 

It's been 10 years. 

Junhong decided to come home as his heart insisted him. He misses the old man. Terribly misses him. Although he doesn"t no either his father is alive or not, Junhong believes the man who raised him still exists. He heads to the old house where he used to live with Yongguk.

As he saw the old house still standing there, Junhong smiles. Excited to see his father.

"Dad."

He wents in and searched where his father was. Unfortunately, the house was as if left years ago. Junhong went out of the house. He felt something was wrong. He then wents to search Yongguk at the street where he sells his ramens. Sadly, his father wasn't there. Junhong asks the people around the area if they know about his father, Yongguk.

The twenty-six year old felt like crying when suddenly a little girl came up to him.

"Ahjusshi, are you looking for someone? "

"Yes. Have you seen my dad, the man who sells ramen on this street?"

"Ah~Yongguk ahjusshi?"

"Yes."

Junhong smiled widely.

"He's at the charity foundation straight down this path."

"Why is he-"

"He's the head manager there."

"I don't understand... "

"Yongguk ahjusshi was known as the best ramen maker. He sorts out a ramen factory in Seoul. Now he's also doing charity foundation. "

Junhong smiles to te girl. 

"Thanks kid."

Junhong then made his way to see Yongguk, the person who he misses so much. As he arrived at the charity foundation,  he peeks through the window and sees Yongguk playing with the homeless kids. Instead of going in, Junhong was standing beside the window gazing at his father.

He looks at Yongguk who was smiling happily playing with the kids there. Junhong smiles with tears in his eyes. A sudden apologetic feeling came through his heart. Sadness,regrets...

"I'm  home dad..."

Junhong whispers and starts to walk in but then a little boy, his tall was around Junhongs" stomach came near him.

"Why are you crying?"

The boy asks.

"No, I was just-"

"Junhong-sshi~"

Then the boy who asked him just now ran inside as he was called. Junhong who was at the door watched as the boy just now ran into Yongguks' arms. He was weird. A lot of questions came up.

"Why were you outside?"

Yongguk asks the little boy who he called him 'Junhong' just now.

"Look."

The boy points to the direction where Junhong was standing between the doors. Junhong smiles and went in towards Yongguk.

"Dad."

Junhong waited for his father to hug him first as Yongguk always do. But unfortunately the old man didn't hug him or even gave a smile.

"Who are you?"

Junhong was surprised with the unexpected question.

"I'm Junhong your son."

Yongguk laughs.

"Junhong why don't you accompany this young man while I do some work over there."

"Okay dad!"

Junhong was now left with the little boy, dumbfounded. 

"He's your dad?"

The little boy nods.

"How..."

"Dad adopted me and all the other kids. We call him 'dad' . Dad named me Junhong."

The boy explains.

"Why..."

"Dad told me he named me 'Junhong' because I look alike with his son. Dad then made this foundation for poor kids to stay.He cured his pains through that. Talking about his son, I really dislike him very much."

"And whys that?"

Junhong was curious. 

"He always make dad cry. Everynight he'll always be praying to god to meet his son. Dad also visits his old house. Sometimes he's always lonely. Dad said, he only had his son left after his wife. To be happy again, dad built this charity foundation. He smiles and say he's okay but he can't hid them forever."

Junhong lowered his head. His heart was touched. All these years, not once he prayed to meet Yongguk anymore. All he wanted was to get rid of that old man out of his life.  When he heard that Yongguk,the man he hates prayed to see him, Junhong was almost in tears.

"I believe dad made a big effort from the bottom till the top. He has been successful in life. Thanks to him I now have a home and a place to rely on. So as the other orphans and poorly kids here. My dad is the best! He's the best of the all!"

Hearing 'my dad is the best!' , Junhong was hurt. His heart aches hearing that from the boy. All this time he never had complimented Yongguk. All he said to his own father was 'I hate you'. It was really heartbroken hearing it from another kid saying out Yongguk is the best dad ever when he himself has never said that.

"Kid, if his son came back to him. Is it a right thing?"

"Nope. Look."

The boy also named Junhong points to the direction where Yongguk was standing. There, the real Junhong saw his fathers' gummy smile. Giggling with the kids. He saw the old man was really happy. Junhong then decides to write down a simple letter for Yongguk before he leaves. He passed it to the boy to be handed over to Yongguk.

With a few more glances to the happy old man, Junhong leaves with full of regrets. He didn't want to stir Yongguks' happiness. Everything seems just like yesterday.  But what's has past is done. He walked up the lane sadly remembering the bitter pasts.

Little boy Junhong hands in the letter to Yongguk.

"What's this?"

He smiles to the boy.

"That man who came just now told me to pass it to you."

The boy then runs to play with his other friends. Yongguk read the piece of paper;

 

'Dad, it's me Junhong. Can I ask you? Dad, why did you pretend to feel better after leaving out a deep sigh? I can see your invisible tears. You don't cry over your scarred heart with the painful wounds. I made these scars but why do I keep blaming on you? You pretend to be calm and smile to me. Pretending to be strong infront of me. You had made big efforts in raising  me. I didnt even think of it, I would never see it. You must be lonelier than me. But I never approach you. I haven't done anything for you, I haven't give anything for you. I didn't know, back then I was too young. Dad, forgive me...'

 

 Yongguk smiled after reading the letter. He then rans out to find Junhong.

"Junhong-sshi!"

Junhong turns to the voice. Down the lane, there stood Yongguk smiling with tears in his eyes. The old man was forcing his legs to climb up the lane to reach his son.

"Dad..."

Junhong whispers.

"Dad!"

He runs down and hugs Yongguk tightly with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you, I'm growing old."

"No dad...Im the one who's sorry."

Junhong cries.

"You're the best dad in the world."

He whispers with weeps to himself in Yongguks' arm.

"Hush now my little Junhong...daddy's got you."

Junhong learnt his lesson and promises from now on he'll be taking good care of Yongguk. It was time, he repays his father's efforts. He'll listen to the old mans' weeps and will be always there to fill up his loneliness. A perfect bond of a father and a son with all the blessed love from god will never end ♡