Sweet Kidnapping

Sweet Kidnapping
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black van stopped its track near a front gate of a castle-look-alike house. The people inside the vehicle set their eyes on alert, to see if their ‘target’ would come into their sight.

“He should show himself in front of us in...” One of them looked at his watch. “...10 minutes.”

The other two just nodded.

Meanwhile inside the house...

“Sungjong-ah! Sungyeollie is here!” Mrs. Lee shouted when a friend of his son has come to fetch him to go to school together.

“I know! I know!” Sungjong adjusted his backpack straps on his shoulder and checked himself on the mirror before he rushed to the front of door. “Morning, Yeollie hyung!”

“Morning Jongie-ah.” Sungyeol smiled as he greeted. Both of them excused themselves to Mrs. Lee and they walked together to the front gate, passing the big frontyard.

“So I heard you’re going to have a small biology test today?” Sungyeol asked and he chuckled when he saw a pouting face of Sungjong. “And I guess you didn’t study it.”

“Well how can I study when last night a dance machine cousin of mine and his friends came to have fun and they just messed my room.” Sungjong let out a loud sigh and he noted himself to not let them get inside his room next time.

“Don’t worry Jongie-ah, you’re smart. You can get a good score even if you didn’t study.” Sungyeol ruffled Sungjong’s hair softly and the younger one flashed him a cute smile.

When they stepped out from the front gate, Sungjong turned back to close the gate while Sungyeol examined the black van parked near them. Somehow he had a bad feeling about the van. He approached it slowly, trying to get a look of the person inside the van but he couldn’t. And turns out the bad feeling was really happening when the vehicle started the engine and drove its way to Sungjong, passing a shocked Sungyeol.

“Jongie, watch out!!!”

“Eh?” The next thing Sungjong knew, an unknown hand muffled his mouth and his body being pulled into the van.

“Sunggyu hyung, is it him?” One of the passangers of the suspicious van pointed at Sungyeol who slowly walked to their van.

“No Myungsoo-ah, it’s his best friend.” Another small-eyed person named Sunggyu answered after he seen Sungyeol.

“Then it must be him?” The person earlier called Myungsoo asked again as he pointed at Sungjong who just showed himself and was busy closing the front gate of his house.

“Yes it’s him! Dongwoo, it’s our ‘target’! Go!”

The Dongwoo person nodded. He stared the van engine and dashed the vehicle toward Sungjong.

“Myungsoo-ah! Go get him!”

Myungsoo who sat on the back seat, prepared himself as the leader Sunggyu told him that. When Sungjong was in his reach, he quickly slided the door open and grabbed the younger boy’s body, pulled him to get inside the van.

When Dongwoo the driver was sure Myungsoo caught Sungjong, he stepped on the gas and drove away from the place as fast as possible. Ignoring Sungyeol who was trying to chase the van.

“What’s happening!? Who are you!? What are you doing to me!?” Sungjong panicked. He scanned the face of three others passengers, and he get more panicked as he didn’t know any of them. Somehow this situation was like...

A kidnapping?

“No! Stop the van! Let me go! Sungyeol hyung, help me!!!” Sungjong yelled in panic, he slammed the window desperately. Then he tried to open the door but he was quickly stopped by Myungsoo’s hands.

“Myungsoo, shut him up!” Sunggyu growled, he was a little bit annoyed with Sungjong’s non-stop yelling.

“Ssh... Be quiet or you will get hurt...” Myungsoo covered Sungjong’s nose and mouth with a chloroformed handkerchief and soon Sungjong felt sleepy and everything went black.

Sungjong mumbled softly before he slowly opened his eyes.            He blinked for few times before he fully opened his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and he scanned the area around. He was lying on an old and rusty bed. The room was empty with only one bed and few small ventilation. Spider nest filled some corner of this room. It looks like the room has never being used for a long time.

But how did he ended up here? And where is this?

Sungjong got up from the bed as he could hear some ruckus from outside. He slowly opened the door to have a peek and he flinched in surprise when someone’s loud voice startled him.

“Understand? So give me 500 million won as soon as possible. And don’t call the police or we won’t guarantee your son’s safety!” The scary looking small-eyed guy with a phone pressed on his ear, warned in threatening tone to the person on the other line.

“Can you at least let me hear my son’s voice? Please...”

Sunggyu ended the call quickly, not giving a chance to let Sungjong’s family hear their lovely son’s voice. He slumped down on a wooden chair and he let out a loud sigh. “I never thought that kidnapping is a tiring work like this.”

‘Kidnapping’?

Oh yeah, he has been kidnapped...

Hm? Wait...

When it hit Sungjong’s realization, he then once again screamed at the top of his lungs. That made the three kidnappers rush their way to his room and Sungjong screamed louder and louder when they stood in front of him.

“No! Stay away! Don’t touch me!” Sungjong took few steps backward. “I want to go home!”

“Will you please keep your voice low boy? No one will hear you anyway even if you scream like that...” Dongwoo sighed as he rubbed his ear, hoping it won’t get deaf because of Sungjong’s voice.

“Who are you!? Where am I!? Why am I here!?” Sungjong still kept his voice loud and high because of fear, ignoring Dongwoo’s words. His body was shaking and he was on verge of tears. “Please let me go home!”

“This little brat... Will you shut your ing mouth up!?” Sunggyu raised his hand, intending on give a hard slap on Sungjong’s cheek. Sungjong flinched and closed his eyes, ready to get his cheek collide with that hand. But the slap didn’t come as Myungsoo quickly stood in front of Sungjong and caught the hand first.

“Sunggyu hyung, control your temper. We promised we’d never hurt our hostage and we’d return him to his family sound and safe, right?” Myungsoo calmly said. Eyes sternly gazing on Sunggyu’s furious one. He glanced at Sungjong on the back, the poor boy still has his eyes closed and his trembling hands on the top of his head.

“Tsk.” Sunggyu lowered his hand. “Fine. But if I ever heard him scream like that again, I swear I won’t go easy on him!” With that, Sunggyu left the room along with Dongwoo.

“Hey...” Myungsoo called softly. “It’s okay. No one’s going to hurt you... Calm down.”

“I want to go home...” Sungjong cried softly as couldn’t hold his tears anymore.

“Sorry... But I’m afraid you have to stay here for few days...”

“Why...?” Sungjong looked up at Myungsoo with his teary eyes. “Who are you guys? Why are you kidnapping me...?”

“It’s already late now, go to sleep. I will explain everything to you tomorrow, okay?” Myungsoo suggested and Sungjong just nodded slowly. Yeah he still felt a little bit sleepy, perhaps the effect of the chloroform still remained some inside him.

Sungjong obediently laid himself on the bed and get himself another sleep then. He was hoping if all of these were just a nightmare, and when he woke up tomorrow, he’d be inside his own room, in his own house.

Sungjong felt like to cry again when he finally woke up again next morning, and he realized he still in the same unknown room last night. He stood up on his bed, trying to peek throught the ventilation on the upper side of the wall. He could only see a bunch of trees surrounding the place with some birds twittering around. There was no sight of another house or even a person outside. Where is this place?

Sungjong could hear his stomach growling and he remembered he hadn’t eat since last night. He slowly opened the door and he was greeted by a sight of an empty room. Sungjong raised his eyebrow in confusion. ‘There’s no one here? Time to escape then!’

‘Or maybe not.’ Sungjong sighed in disappointment when the front of door was being locked from outside. By that, his stomach was growling again and he realized he should find some food.

Sungjong scanned the view around him and he guessed the place where he is now was a small, plain and old hut. He only need 5 minutes to explore the hut since it was too small and still he couldn’t find any food there. Sungjong growled silently in his heart, what kind of kidnapper who’d let their hostage alone and get starving to die!?

Right then, Sungjong could hear a clicked sound and the next thing he knew, the front door was being opened, revealing the three kidnappers with some plastic bags on their hand.

“Ah he’s awake.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes when his eyes met the figure of Sungjong. Seeing Sunggyu made Sungjong remembered last night scene of Sunggyu trying to hurt him, and that made Sungjong get terrified at once, running into his room and slammed the door shut.

Dongwoo looked at Sunggyu and Sungjong’s room back and forth, then he laughed hard. “It seems like he scared of you Sunggyu hyung!”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu hissed and glared at the laughing dino furiously, while Myungsoo tried his best to hold his laugh. “Myungsoo-ah, take care of that boy. Dongwoo and I will go to hospital.”

“Say hi to Woohyun hyung for me.”

After two of them has gone, Myungsoo took some food and water from the plastic bag and he made his way to Sungjong’s room.

Sungjong flinched when someone knocked his door. “W-who is it?” Please it’s not that scary small-eyed guy who knock that door!

“It’s me. Can I come in? I bring some food and water for you.”

Sungjong somehow could recognize the voice. It’s the person who Sungjong think is the nicest one among them. He then opened the door and let Myungsoo get inside. To be honest, he was starving and thirsty too. So he wasted no time to enjoy the foods Myungsoo brought.

“Can I go home now...?”

“Sorry, but I don’t think so. Your father has not given us the money yet. Just be patient, we will let you go home after we get the money.”

“Why me...? Why it must me...?” Sungjong hugged his knees and rested his chin above it. “I want to see my family... I miss them already...”

“We need money. Your family is the wealthiest family in the entire Seoul, and you are the only child. Your parents will do anything for your safety and happiness even if they have to spend their money in a huge amount, that’s why we have to kidnap you to get the money.” Myungsoo explained slowly, he moved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter