When Time Flies

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nine years ago...

 

Seventeen year old Seohyun was walking the along the sidewalks in their village.  She just got back from her LA vacay for more than a month now.

 

This time she goes out of the house to do grocery shopping. She does not feel bad about not going out more often, she’s very happy just to stay at home and read and play piano while singing. She has enough friends in school and thinks that the time she spent with these friends at school is enough socialization. 

Seohyun just loves taking a walk in the morning. She was taking in all the crisp air, she didn’t notice that the plastic bag with the vegetables were starting to rip.  She exclaimed when a tomato hit her feet and saw the other vegetables rolling on the side street.  She quickly placed the other plastics down and started to go after the pieces of vegetables rolling in the road.

 

She was surprised when a pair of hands started to help her.  Seohyun was stunned to see a handsome teen-ager who was picking the onions.  She does not know or remember if he ever met him, but he sure was drop-dead gorgeous.  She snapped out of her reverie when the good looking creature, I think he is an Idol, Seohyun thought, asked her a question.

 

“Is there anything else missing?”  the guy asked.

 

Seohyun looked at the vegetables sitting on the pavement and shook her head.  Snap out if Seohyun, it’s not the first time you saw a good-looking man, you saw some idols having their concerts here in Korea, Seohyun thought about and could not help but smile.

Yonghwa was about to walk away, after helping the pretty girl when he saw her smile. I bet that smile could send rockets to space, he thought.  He has seen the girl before, the day he arrived from the airport more than a month ago.  He has seen her again when she was walking home, one evening. It was already dark and he saw this figure who was slowly walking down the streets.  The girl is crazy, she could’ve been robbed, thought Yonghwa.

 

“I’m Yonghwa,” Yonghwa extended his hand and introduced himself. 

 

Seohyun looked at his hand and shook it. She felt as if electricity was running through her fingers. If Yonghwa felt it, he didn’t show anything.  “Seohyun,” she said and quickly pulled her hand away.

Yonghwa hid his hand behind his back, he felt burned.  The simple handshake felt so hot it could melt glaciers.  “That’s a nice name,” Yonghwa said. “I had a teacher named Hyunseo.”  Yonghwa want to hit himself.  Is that the best thing you could say, Yonghwa whispered to himself angrily.

 

Seohyun glanced and smiled at Yonghwa. Darn, that frigging smile and sparkling eyes again,Yonghwa thought.

 

Seohyun was trying not to look at Yonghwa. But she could feel the warmth of his stare at her back.  She was trembling when trying to fit the vegetables into another plastic bag. She sat down at the pavement, cause she feels her knees would be buckling any minute.

Yonghwa decided to sit down too, and help her.  They were busy trying to figure out how to fit everything inside the plastic bags when Yonghwa raised his hands as if he is surrendering.

 

“It won’t fit,” Yonghwa said. “I’ll help you carry them home.”

“Thanks,” Seohyun answered. “But I could carry. Why don’t you just go and jog.”

Yonghwa smiled, “Nah, the sun’s getting too hot anyway. Do you jog?”

Seohyun was captivated with Yonghwa’s toothy smile that it took a lot of effort to draw her gaze away from his face. “No, I just walk. I love walking during mornings.”

“I think you also love walking at night,” Yonghwa volunteered. Seohyun looked at him questioningly.  “Well, I saw you walking at night.  I just live a few blocks away from you. Once and it was almost ten o’clock in the evening and you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter