Leader's Sweatshirt

Again With Your Hair?

Ok,so this one was inspired by Thank You For Waking Me Up Episode 3. When SS501 gets back to the dorm there's a moment where HJL takes YS by the hand and they go into the bathroom to bathe together. If you remember that scene, this tidbit will make so much more sense!

 

***

 

One-shot #1

Leader's Sweatshirt

 

It was so late at night that technically the New Year had already passed. After a full day of schedule, it was a relief to finally be back at the dorm. The bad news was that even though they were home, there were still cameras everywhere. The good news was that he was too tired to care- well almost too tired to care.

YoungSaeng sleepily shuffled out from the bedroom, practically running into HyunJoong in the process. Wordlessly, the older member took his hand and ushered him into the bathroom, and pushing the door behind them.

He looked up at his leader, confused.

“The camera won’t follow us here. I didn’t get to see you all day.” He explained.

YoungSaeng smiled back. It was true, they had spoken very little to each other during the day and he had missed the contact as well. Silently, he watched his hyung wash his face, admiring his profile. Leader was always regarded as handsome by the fans. It was a title that often eluded the prince- most of his followers were enthralled by his cute cheeks and shy smile. It was an image that he enjoyed, but also wished was not his only option.

Drumming his fingers on the edge of the sink absentmindedly he quietly spoke. “I wish I was sleeping in your room hyung.”

The older member looked up, patting his face with a clean towel. His hair was combed back and damp, highlighting his attractive features. “I know prince, but we have to do it this way for the program. Besides, Baby is really excited to be sharing with you.”

“He snores.” YoungSaeng whined, giving his signature one-sided pout.

“Ya, that’s not fair, you know I think it’s adorable when you do that.”

“Hmmph!” He snorted, stepping up to the sink and filling it with warm water. Stepping to the side, HyunJoong tugged at the back of his hood. “This look suits you. You should keep this.”

“Gwaenchana, I know you like this one so I’ll give it back.”

“Are you sure?” HyunJoong teased.

Yawning, YoungSaeng nodded but really it was a lie. If he could help it, he really didn’t want to give the sweatshirt back. After their schedules had finished, he had fallen asleep against leader’s shoulder only to awake every few moments, shivering from the air conditioning. Eventually something warm had been draped across him and tucked gently under his chin. As soon as he caught a whiff of the material he knew it was HyunJoong’s. With a happy heart he had pulled it on and proudly worn it home as a token of affection from his hyung.

Rolling up the sleeves carefully, he began to wash his face awkwardly. Beneath his hat his bangs got in the way and he spilled water on the counter in the process.

HyunJoong pulled at the tip of the hat playfully. “Why not take it off?”

“Ani…” he reached up held on to the edges fiercely.

“Wae? I want to see your eyes.”

Refusing and clutching the cap firmly to his head like his life depended on it, YoungSaeng looked down shyly. He mumbled something rapidly under his breath.

“Bwoh, worried about the hair?”

“Ne…” he admitted bashfully.

“Ya, there’s no cameras here. You have to wash… especially with the new year. Ga Ja.” He reached over and jerked the hat a bit more forcefully. “Not letting go?”

YoungSaeng shook his head again.

“Chincha?” HyunJoong asked in disbelief. He sighed, tired because it was late and exasperated with the situation. Taking a breath to calm himself, he looked back at his dongsaeng who was staring in the mirror with a frown.

“Ya… YoungSaeng-ah. Mian, araso? It’s just that I think you look really good regardless. Just take it off so I can see those handsome eyes. You can put it back on before we go out.”

With much coaxing, slowly the prince reached up and reluctantly removed it, stuffing it in his back pocket. Leader smiled watching him as he finished cleaning his face. When the prince was finished, HyunJoong gently turned him around, bending down to look in his eyes.

YoungSaeng looked down.

Pulling out a comb and running it under the tap he softly smoothed the top of the younger member’s hair. “There, you’ll be all set for the camera.”

Turning to the mirror, YoungSaeng examined his image seriously. “Gomawo hyung,” he breathed rather gloomily.

“Ya… what’s the matter?” he lifted the otter’s chin.

“What about when I wake up tomorrow? It won’t be okay then and if I wear the hat people will know.”

“Again with your hair? You always look fine Saengie.” HyunJoong promised, pulling him in for a hug. It was warm and safe inside leader’s arms and he couldn’t help but want to believe him.

“What if KyungLim noona’s cameras ruin my image?” he mumbled into leader’s chest.

“They won’t, you know I’d never let that happen.” HyunJoong soothed, holding YoungSaeng close. Thinking for a moment, he suddenly put the prince at arm’s reach with a big smile. “Will it make my otter happy again if I have a solution?”

“Chincha?”

Leader could see his dongsaeng’s eyes light up at the prospect.

“Ne. You know that white sweatshirt of mine that you didn’t want to keep?”

“This one?” he asked with surprise.

HyunJoong laughed, “Ne. It will solve both of your problems actually. I’ll give it to you and you sleep in it. It will feel like I’m there with you and if you use the hood to cover your head it won’t seem unusual, araso?”

Slowly the shy prince nodded cheeks puffing with the classic dimpled grin that HyunJoong loved. “Araso, gomawo hyung.”

HyunJoong shook his head. “Don’t thank me my otter, I just like to see you happy.” He pulled his dongsaeng close once more with a contented smile as he felt the younger member relax.

“YoungSaeng-ah,” he whispered.

“Mmm?” was the muffled reply.

“Since I can’t be there tonight, I’ll give you some tips.”

“Ne?”

“One. If Baby snores just touch him and he’ll stop.”

“That’s what Kyu-“ Leader squeezed him tighter before he could finish talking. Inside it still made him jealous to hear Saengie talk about Kyu. He knew they were just like brothers but he was still a jealous hyung regardless and very happy that it was Baby rooming with his otter and not Kyu.

YoungSaeng wriggled a bit making cute grunting noises from within the embrace.

“Two. If it gets unbearable come to my room.” He released the otter with a sly grin.

“Hyung, Kyu will be with you.”

“I’ll kick him out, everyone has to listen to the leader right?”

YoungSaeng laughed, reaching up to push a stray hair from his leader’s face. “There’s a CCTV in each room, we can’t.” He leaned up against HyunJoongs body again, wrapping his arms around his waist.

“They’re going to wonder what’s taking so long.” He felt the return embrace and sighed. He really wished they could go back to the car ride where he had slept without a care under his leader’s watchful eye. Before parting could get any more difficult, he let go and gave his sweetest otter smile.

“Goodnight my leader,” he peeped quickly before dashing out the door.

Leader watched him go, whispering “Goodnight my otter.” As he entered his bedroom Kyu gave him a smile, already in bed with his massive teddy bear. HyunJoong looked up at the camera, with a scowl.

“Park KyungLim noona, I am going to get you for this.”

 

***

 

This was my first kpop group fic, did you all like it?

I've never been a one-shot writer so I'm curious what people think.

Thanks! ^-^

 

*Photo credit to hsscancal.com