The Boy Who Cried Wolf

The Boy Who Cried Wolf
"I love you."

It was the first time he ever said those words to her. 

Just three little words and everything’s forgotten.

She was supposed to be mad. After all, she just caught him flirting with the foxy waitress in the restaurant. 

But how could she stay mad? He showed up with a bouquet of roses in front of her doorstep at midnight because she didn’t answer his call. She wanted to ignore him by pretending to be asleep. But he persisted.

Not wanting to wake up the entire neighborhood, she opened her front door and allowed him inside.

Three little words later, he’s been forgiven.

———————————-

"I love you."

The second time he said those words, she just caught him dancing provocatively with a scantly-clad bimbo. 

Just three little words and everything’s forgotten.

'It was just dancing,' She told herself. 'Just dancing… nothing more.' 

For a second, she wondered why she kept on defending him. But she remember those three little words, and suddenly, he’s forgiven.

————————————

"I love you."

She lost track of how many times he said those three little words. Not that she was counting.

This time, she found out that he got someone pregnant. 

That was when she realized that she had enough.

And just like that. Just three little words, and he’s forgotten.

--------------------------------------

END