Chapter 25

The Boy of Flame

Donghae and Leeteuk stood in front of Ryeowook's bedroom door as they listened to the smaller man crying. They wanted nothing more than anything else in the whole world to hug him and tell him that everything was going to be okay, that he was and will always be their precious baby brother, but they couldn't. Ryeowook needed the time. He needed to be alone. His emotions were not stable and all over the place that if they push him too hard, he might run away and disappear forever. That is something that they feared the most.

 

'Hyung...' Donghae called softly to his eldest brother.

'..how can we fix this..?' He asked. His tone of voice were almost pleading.

 

Leeteuk didn't know what to say to the younger man. He, himself had no idea how to fix things between Ryeowook and them. Ryeowook's emotional state was actually worse than this. The smaller man was just hiding and shutting away his emotions deep within him. He knew that Ryeowook actually have so much anger and sadness inside him even though he didn't show much and was being more accepting towards them. He knew. And that is something could never be heal so easily. It may not ever be. Leeteuk also understood that it was because he had a hard time surviving all on his own for twelve years. Being so young and so vulnarable, he must have suffered a lot. He's not used to depend on others or have company around him. Which is why, when he felt betrayed, his emotions was worst than an average person. AND the bigger issue of the situation, Heechul, that's right. His second brother. Leeteuk could not understand Heechul's behaviour even the slightest bit. At first he thought that the reason why the stubborn man pushed Ryeowook away and treat him coldly was because he felt guilty for leaving Ryeowook all to himself in the forest years ago. He had blamed himself for Ryeowook's 'death' ever since. Therefore, he couldn't bring himself to talk to Ryeowook or treat him nicely because he didn't want Ryeowook to forgive him. No. That's not it. He didn't want to forgive himself. But Leeteuk was wrong. It seemed clear to him now that Heechul wasn't feeling guilty or blaming himself. There was something else and Leeteuk knew he had to find out. He knew for sure it wasn't because of his parents' death. They've talked about that. They understood that it was an accident. Somehow, Leeteuk still want to believe that somewhere deep down, Heechul still care about Ryeowook. At least that was what he hoped.

 

'Don't worry Hae..' Leeteuk patted the other's shoulder gently.

'We'll have the chance to explain everything to him.'

'And after that, I'm sure he'll understand the whole story.' He forced a smile despite his own state of emotion.

'Just give Wookie some time okay.'

 

Despite feeling very desperate about the whole this, Donghae merely nodded. After that, they both walked back through the hallway and into the meeting room. Even though they wanted to stay with Ryeowook with all their hearts, they can't. They have another important responsibilty besides family matters. Which is the village and their people. They are two out of three Gaia after all so it was crucial for them to ensure peace and happiness for their people. They have to win this war. No matter what it takes.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryeowook stayed curled up to his knees on the bed for what seemed like forever to him. It was as if time was also hating on him, agonizing him with the thought of his past, his present and his future. Everything was all jumbled up and he just couldn't understand anything anymore. His past was haunting him and it was killing him because there were still pieces missing. Heechul's words rang over and over inside his mind it was slowly suffocating him.

 

'..causing the death of my parents..'

 

Was he really a monster ?

Is he..still..a monster....?

..what is he..??

 

He felt like giving up with this sudden information he heard. He was tired and he was exhausted. For twelve years he had grown up believed that he will never be loved and love another. That he would always be alone. That he was meant to be alone and spend his entire life rotting in that place. But then..everything change when he met Eunhyuk and Shindong. He was so happy to have come in contact with another human being like him. He was so happy. No. He was relieved. He was relieved because he was slowly being rescued. He was slowly being pulled away out of the forest. Out of his misery. And then when he found out that he had brothers he felt something that he had never experienced before. Love. Which was what he had always wanted. He was so blown away by the idea of him having something called family that he was quickly getting used to the idea. He was soon becoming deeply attached to them and learn to depend on them. It was such a comfortable feeling and warmth that he was broken when he found out the truth. That it had all been a lie. He was stupid for letting himself get caught out with this comfort that he failed to see the truth. He failed to protect himself.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It has been a week since Ryeowook locked himself up in his room. He refused to see any of his brothers or talk to them. He was having a hard time deciding what was next for him. He wasn't sure whether he should stay or leave. Whether he should go back to forest to where his useless-self can ever be accepted truly or to explore the world. There are still so many things for him to see and learn. Even though the answer to his confusions was obvious, his heart was telling him otherwise. He had become so attach to this place that he found it hard to leave. He sighed for the many times that day. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Ryeowook refused to acknowledge it as he stayed completely silent. A few moments after that, he heard the knob being turned much to his dismay.

 

'I knew it.' Kyuhyun said as he stepped into the room. Ryeowook eyes went round as he stared at the taller man.

'I knew that you are such a lazy person!' He shook his head as he walked closer to the other's bed. He then sat on it.

'You can't even answer me! So lazy!' He complained with an unsatisfied look on his face.

'It's a good thing my polite side is appearing today out of all days or else I would have barge in for all I care.'

'You know how I hate being polite to people and stuff!'

'Be a little more appreciative would ya!'

 

Ryeowook just stayed quiet as he looked at the other. He didn't have much to respond anyway. Although, apart of him was quite amused at his friend's behaviour. Deep down, he was glad that Kyuhyun came to visit him. The only good thing from having his memories back was definitely remembering who Kyuhyun was. It was just like what they had all told him, Kyuhyun and him were very close when they were younger. They were the best of friends and they did everything together. He smiled a little on the inside. At least, there is still something good left for him to believe, he thought.

 

'So..how long are you gonna continue being such a spoiled brat?' Kyuhyun asked after seeing no respond from Ryeowook.

 

'I'm not a spoiled brat.' Ryeowook finally said.

 

'You think so?' Kyuhyun argued. 

'Yes you are. Just look at how long you've been staying in this rotten place. I swear when I first walked in I thought for sure that I felt something dead!'

'Disgusting!'

'Ouh wait. Is that smell..you??' Kyuhyun made a disgusted face as he squeezed his nose.

'Did you even bother to go and take a bath??'

 

'That's none of your business!' Ryeowook spat at him.

'Stop being such a busy body at everything.'

'AND for the record, I did bathe this morning.'

 

'Is that so?' Kyuhyun responded simply. 'Well you still smelled.'

'Okay..then whatever.' He stood up and began walking.

 

'Wait-where are you going??' Ryeowook didn't want Kyuhyun to leave. Even though he hate admitting this, what he needed all this time was someone to be here with him. To help him and to listen to him. He needed a friend.

 

'Ouh. No where.' Kyuhyun answered.

'I just though that since it's none of my business I might as well just leave.'

 

'Stupid. Who said anything about you leaving??' Ryeowook blurted out. There was no way Kyuhyun can ever know that he was just saying that to cover up his real intention. His ego will never let him.

 

'So..what do you want from me then..?' Kyuhyun asked.

 

'SIT.' Ryeowook merely said.

 

'I'm not your pet.' Kyuhyun protested folding his arms together.

 

'Nevermind just go.' Ryeowook uttered.

 

'God, Ryeowook if you need me here, just say so already!' Kyuhyun cried out rolling his eyes.

'Stop trying to act all tough!' He scolded the smaller man.

'I'm here, use me! Cry! yell! whatever!' He continued.

'Just stop trying to push every single bloody people who cares away!'

 

Ryeowook was so taken aback that he became speechless. Without him realizing it, tears were starting to form inside his eyes.

 

'..ne-you..sta-ease..' He finally mumbled after a long moment of silent.

 

'What was that??' Kyuhyun tested him.

'I can't understand you, you know.'

 

'I need you so please stay and stop making me repeat this again.' Ryeowook finally gave in as he started crying. He turned his head around and quickly wiped his tears away. Kyuhyun sat back on the bed. His eyes softened.

 

'Now that wasn't hard...was it...?' Kyuhyun said to him gently.

'All you have to do..is ask Ryeowook ah.' He reached forward and wiped the remaining tears on Ryeowook's cheeks.

'You can't keep hiding things to yourself.' He then told him.

'You can't keep fighting your emotions alone.'

'You need your family and your friends.'

'That way, you'll feel better.'

 

'What family.' Ryeowook chuckled. 

'It sure doesn't seem like one.'

 

Kyuhyun frowned at this.

 

'Why are you so mad at them?' He questioned.

 

'Why?' Ryeowook asked, disbelieved. 'You know why, you were there it happened.'

'When the truth was finally out.'

 

'What truth??' Kyuhyun argued. 

'Are sure that's really the actual truth?'

'Or just what you 'think' is actually the truth..?' At this, Ryeowook looked at him.

 

'What else could it possibly be then?' Ryeowook reasoned.

'Why else would I lived in the forest for twelve years?'

'Someone must have left me there.'

 

'Someone did left you there Ryeowook.' Kyuhyun uttered.

'However, I'm sure as hell it wasn't your brothers.'

 

'How can you be so sure??' Ryeowook questioned him. His brow raising.

'Heechul said so himself, that I'm...a monster...'

'..why would they wanna keep such a monster...'

 

Kyuhyun went closer to the latter and place his hand on his shoulder. He then looked deeply into his eyes.

 

'Ryeowook, whatever this curse may be or whatever reason it holds...one thing is for certain is that you are not a monster...' He said to him.

'You are Ryeowook. My best friend in this whole entire world. Someone who has the right to be here in this village as much as everybody else out there.' Ryeowook was so touched by Kyuhyun words that he started crying again.

'I know for sure that they didn't leave you there because I have never known anyone else that loves you as much as your brothers.' He continued with a warm smile.

'When you were believed to be dead, you don't know how much it broke their hearts. I watched them cry every single day and even went depressed at your lost.'

'That is I know for certain that they didn't do this to you Ryeowook.'

'Someone else did.'

 

'What about Heechul then?' Ryeowook was still unsatisfied.

 

'Believe it or not...' Kyuhyun began. 'For as long as I've remembered, Heechul hyung was the one that loves you the most.'

'You were so precious to him that he would beat the crap out of anyone who tried to bully you or made you upset.' Kyuhyun what Ryeowook was about to say so he continued,

'I'm sorry that I don't have the full answer to your question as to why Heechul hyung hates you right now but whatever the case is, he didn't leave you behind in that forest Ryeowook ah.'

'He couldn't possibly have.'

'The best thing to do now is to give them a chance to prove themselves to you. And also to hear the full explanation from them.'

 

Ryeowook had to admit it. He felt a little better at Kyuhyun's words but he was still not fully convinced. As long as he hasn't found the complete truth behind his curse he refused to trust any of them completely or anybody for that matter. He then decided he didn't want to have this conversation drag any longer.

 

'Thanks KyuKyu.' Ryeowook said after a brief of silence while Kyuhyun eyes went round.

'I feel a little better.' He then chuckled at seeing the other's reaction.

 

'Wha-what did you just call me...?' Kyuhyun asked.

 

'Kyukyu. Why? That's your nickname right.' Ryeowook pretended to not understand the meaning of the latter's words.

'I gave it to you.'

 

'Yeah-I mean how-wha- I mean.' Kyuhyun couldn't put his words together.

 

'Ryeonggu and Kyukyu.' Ryeowook said with a small laugh. He then looked at the other.

'I finally remembered.' He then simply added.

'We were so silly back then.'

 

Kyuhyun could not believe what he was hearing as he felt his heart leaped for joy.

 

Ryeowook remembers him...?

 

HE. REMEMBERS HIM!

 

Kyuhyun leaned forward and hugged the smaller man. A wide smile formed on his face.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

'So..what are they up to now?' Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun after the latter had finally calmed down from his excitement over his memory of him.

'My brothers I mean.'

 

'They really got a hand full on themselves.' Kyuhyun answered him.

'They have not been resting well either..there are just...so much that needs to be done.'

 

'So it's true then.' Ryeowook blurted out.

'That a war is coming.'

 

Kyuhyun nodded. His face turned serious.

 

'I can't believe it's happening all over again.' He then said.

'It's just awful.'

 

'How much time do we have left?' Ryeowook asked.

 

'Not much.' Kyuhyun answered.

'Only a couple of weeks.'

'Which is why things has been really stressful for everyone especially the leaders.'

'They had to plan strageties and everything from scratch and make sure that there are absolutely no flaws.'

 

'Kyuhyun.' Ryeowook uttered after a slight nod.

 

'Yeah?'

 

'Could you please tell me about The Battle of East and the history of everything..this village..The three Gaia..the elements..that person called King Rubius..and...' Ryeowook stopped for a second as he looked into Kyuhyun's eyes.

 

'..me..my curse I mean..in detail..if you know any...'

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realized I was so into writing this chapter that I was completely drained when finish! lewls

Anyways, I really want to finish this fic as soon as possible (I've been negleting my other fics) so I'm gonna keep updating it whenever I'm free.

Do drop some comments as it inspire and motivate me to write more and update! ;D

Thanks for reading!