Sing with me, Mister Giant!

Baek in a Box

 

Baekhyun wanted nothing more than for the meeting with Yoora to go by quickly. Chanyeol had told her about him – everything – and while she seemed a little apprehensive at first, Yoora was glad that her brother was not living by himself. Chanyeol made no mention of his other nine temporary housemates.

Sitting cross legged on the couch, his cape wrapped tightly around him, Baekhyun scowled up at Yoora. He didn’t like it when she would get too close to Chanyeol, nor did he like it when she would squeal and playfully pinch his cheeks.

And by the look on his face, Chanyeol didn’t like it when she did that, either.

Scooping Baekhyun up with ease, Chanyeol brought him to rest on the couches arm rest, safely out of (the now cooing) Yoora’s reach.

Puffing out his reddened cheeks in annoyance, Baekhyun watched Yoora chat happily with Chanyeol from the safety of the arm rest. Occasionally she would turn her attention to him and, with a quiet squeak, Baekhyun would attempt to conceal himself from view behind Chanyeol’s arm.    

Yoora could talk forever. Baekhyun understood that she hadn’t seen her brother in quite some time, but whenever the conversation seemed to drift back towards him, he felt uncomfortable. His friends had been left in the bedroom with a bag of potato chips and a movie on repeat; they were safe from Chanyeol’s sister – and certainly didn’t have to endure her playful cheek pinching.

“Baekhyun,” she cooed, her hand disappearing into her handbag. “When Chanyeol told me about you, I thought he was playing a trick on me. But there was something about the seriousness in his voice …” she got to her feet, something hidden behind her back. Stepping around Chanyeol’s legs, she knelt next to the arm rest, a gentle smile on her face.

“Here, I got you something.”

A small fleecy jumper in a light beige was in the palm of her hand, the hood was decorated by two long rabbit ears, a small tail on the back.

“Little bunny Baek,” she mused. “How cute.”

Baekhyun shook his head quickly, his hands reaching upwards to hold onto the rounded ears of his teddy bear hood.

“No,” he said, trying to put as much distance between himself and the rabbit jumper as possible. “I only like Mister Giants! I’m his Baek Bear!” He made a face, his tiny nose scrunching in disgust. ”Bunnies aren’t brave like bears! They can’t be in the Cape Crew!”

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol whispered quietly, shooting his sister an apologetic glance. “It was a gift.”

Yoora laughed; she wasn’t annoyed or even angry. Instead, she looked between her brother and Baekhyun, a warm smile on her face. “You two are adorable,” she said, leaning her elbows on the armrest. “What sort of relationship do you have?”

At this, Baekhyun scooted forward. “Two dates,” he exclaimed proudly. “We’ve been on two dates!”

“Really?” Yoora asked, her kind eyes twinkling. “Two dates?” She glanced at her brother, a small smile playing across her face. “Ah, you two are cute together.”

Baekhyun clapped his hands together excitedly, snuggling against Chanyeol’s side. He liked Yoora. She didn’t have to stay in the phone if she didn’t want to. 

 


 

 

Chanyeol knew that it was only a few days left before Joonmyeon would arrive to collect the nine miniature housemates (who had all but completely demolished his bedroom). He wanted them to enjoy their time staying with him and Baekhyun as much as possible.

After seeing Yoora off and assuring Baekhyun that it was okay to wear the rabbit hood (Baekhyun flatly refused with an ‘I don’t want to be a bunny!’), Chanyeol had carefully packed everyone into the biggest backpack he owned, making sure they all had enough room; Baekhyun, of course, refused to go anywhere unless he was allowed to snuggle into the inside pocket of Chanyeol’s jacket.

 It was time to do something fun. Something they wouldn’t usually do.

On his walk through the city, Chanyeol thought long and hard about what they could do. He came to a halt outside a large building, bright flashing fairy lights illuminated the window catching his attention. From the pocket inside his jacket, Baekhyun squirmed, trying to find out why he had stopped.

Yes, this was definitely the place.  Shoving the heavy glass door open, Chanyeol walked to the counter; after offering him a polite smile, the woman showed him quickly to a dark, empty room.

Chanyeol waited for her to leave before placing his backpack on the ground; ping it, he held back a laugh as nine little figures rolled out, lying in a daze on the carpet. Fishing Baekhyun out of his pocket, Chanyeol placed him on the floor next to his friends and watched as, in awe, Baekhyun stared around the room, pointing at the fairy lights that twinkled on the roof.

“What are those?” he asked, not looking away from the ceiling.

“Lights,” Chanyeol said simply, taking a seat on the couch.

Baekhyun turned around on the spot, taking in the contents of the room. A large television was mounted on the wall at the front, but instead of playing something interesting, like My Little Pony, strange, short films with subtitled flashed across the screen.

Yixing, who sat cross legged on the floor, raised his hand quietly.

“Yes Yixing?” Chanyeol asked with an inwards sigh. Yixing was too polite for his own good.

“Excuse me,” Yixing said gently. “Where are we?”

“Ah,” Chanyeol smiled. “Karaoke. Singing,” he added quickly, seeing the uncertain looks that flashed across their faces.

Yixing beamed. “I like singing! Jongdae, let’s sing together!”

Zitao rocked on the balls of his feet eagerly. “I want to sing, too! Sehun, do you want to sing with me?”

After a brief explanation on how to select a song – which proved to be far more time consuming for someone so tiny – Chanyeol lined the microphones up in a line. This was perfect. They could all have fun and he would be able to keep an eye on them.

Baekhyun retreated to the back of the room when the singing began, sitting at Chanyeol’s feet. Loud, high pitched singing – that closely resembled screams – pierced through the room and Chanyeol flinched. He was certainly going to have a headache when he got home, but at least they were having fun.

 Song after song they sang, happily – loudly. Without a care. Every now and then, somebody would ask if Baekhyun wanted to sing with them and each time, Baekhyun would hesitate for a few moments before shaking his head.

Chanyeol leaned forward, his face close to Baekhyun’s. “Are you feeling okay?”

Baekhyun nodded once, his knees drawn to his chest.

“I’m okay,” he said quietly.

“Why aren’t you singing?” Chanyeol asked, his eyebrows raised. “Go have fun with your friends.”

Again, Baekhyun hesitated for a moment before shaking his head. “I only want to sing with Mister Giant!”

Chanyeol’s ears went pink. “But I’m not very good at singing,” he said quietly. “Maybe sing with Luhan or Minseok?”

“I only want to sing with you.”

With a quiet sigh, Chanyeol got to his feet. “Pick a song then.”

In a whirl of excitement, Baekhyun hurried to the remote, selecting his favourite song. He returned to one of the microphones that lay on the ground (they were twice the size of him!), watching as Chanyeol picked one up with ease.

“Are you ready?” he asked and Baekhyun nodded eagerly, unable to contain his excitement when the opening tune drifted towards them.

Chanyeol froze when the music video appeared on the screen.

“F-Frozen?” he asked, dumbfounded.

Baekhyun nodded eagerly. “Mister Giant? Do you want to build a snowman?”

What had Chanyeol gotten himself into? 

 

Wifi, oh how I missed you <3
Temporary modems are expensive.
Bleh.
At least I can play WoW again~


A big thank you to NeverlastingEverland (I remembered at last!
Sorry it took so long) and AmiMiya for this chapters ideas~^^