Fallen

Fallen

He looked at the girl next to him. Her long hair covered her face as she took down her notes.

 

“Baek Yerin.” He tapped her shoulder keeping his voice low since the teacher is talking in front. The girl merely ignored him, gaining whispers from the people around them. He looked at each of them, quieting them down.

 

“Um… Yerin-ssi” She stopped writing and looked at him.

“Yes, sunbae-nim?” She asked.

“Um…” His cheeks turned a light pink, “You don’t have to call me that. Just YuGyeom is fine. We’re in the same class anyway.”

“But sunbae-nim…”

“Baek Yerin.”

YuGyeom-ssi… why do I have to…”

“Why do you have to do this?” he finished for her. She nodded slowly. A slight smile grew on his face,

“Because I just want you to.”   

 

******  

 

“Yerin-ie~” Jimin ran up to her best friend.

“What’s this about you and YuGyeom sunbaenim? About ignoring him?”

“I, for one didn’t ignore him. I just didn’t hear him.” Yerin sighed.

“And apparently there’s something about you and sunbaenim being ex lovers going around.”  Jimin said, looking at the other girl. 

“What the…Where do these things come from?” Yerin stared at Jimin, who merely shrugged.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“So…” Jinyoung started.

“So you’re not going to tell us anything?” JB asked.

 “What?” YuGyeom asked confused.

“I hear you and that girl dated.” Jackson said, smirking. “Mind sharing what happened?”

“Who? Yerin?” YuGyeom looked at others.

“If that’s her name, then yes,”

“We didn’t date.” YuGyeom shrugged.

“Then where did that come from?”

“Probably from where they said that Mark hyung had an actual girlfriend,” he replied.

“Yah! You want to die, maknae?!” Mark glared at his youngest friend who only smiled innocently at him.

“So you’re not dating?” BamBam asked.

“No and never did,” YuGyeom sighed.

“… But I have something to say.”

 

*****

 

 “So this is the girl!” Jiyoung said, going up to Yerin and YuGyeom.

“Hyung…” YuGyeom sighed. “Can you please go?” He emphasized the word ‘please’. Jiyoung smiled and sat down beside her.

“Our maknae talks a lot about you Yerin-ssi,” Jiyoung commented.  Making the said boy bright red.

“Hyung~” YuGyeom whined, “Stop it.”

“What do you think about YuGyeom, Yerin-ssi?” Jinyoung questioned.

“Umm…” Yerin looked down, “He’s nice.”

“Just nice?” Jinyoung said, in mock surprise.

“Hyung~” YuGyeom whined again, once again he was ignored..

“You don’t think he’s good looking or something?” the older boy asked, a smile playing on the corner of his lips.

“Well… He’s handsome… and cute…” she said, her cheeks turning red.  

 “Thank you that’s all I need to hear,’ Jinyoung suddenly stood up and walked lout of the classroom.

“I’m sorry about that.” YuGyeom apologized to Yerin. “He’s usually like that don’t mind him.

“It’s fine.” Yerin smiled slightly.

“Still… I’m sorry Yerin-ah,” he apologized again.

“Don’t worry about it, YuGyeom-ssi.” She told him .

 

And hearing her say his name made a smile last on his face for the entire day.

 

“Does anyone know why YuGyeom has been smiling like an idiot for the while day?” YoungJae asked.

“He’s just happy because Yerin-ssi said his name,” Jinyoung smiled.

“What are you a stalker?” JB asked, his eyebrows raised.  Jinyoung shook his head, smiling. “Yah! Kim YuGyeom! Are you there?” YuGyeom didn’t answer. He was starring at a distance. Jinyoung followed his gaze and smiled.

“Aigoo…” he ruffled the younger’s hair “his kid had fallen in love,”

 

Still no reply from the maknae.

 

“Her voice…” he said softly.

“What about it?” JB asked.

“Who’s voice?” BamBam adde.

“Who’s voice?” BamBam added,

“Yerin’s…” YugYeom said quietly.  “It’s beautiful listen…”

 

They listened.

 

“Honestly they sing well,” Jackson commented. “But I think Jimin sings better,”

“No one needs your comments, Jackson,” Jinyoung sighed.

“Hurtful,” Jackson shook his head, sighing.

“No one cares,” Mark said for the first time that day.

“Fine,” Jackson sighed. “But really.  I think Jimin sings better,”

“We get your point, Jackson” YoungJae sighed. “You don’t have to say it over and over again,”

“Fine, I’ll just shut up,” Jackson sighed.

“You should have said that earlier,” Mark told him. “no one was listening to you anyway,”

 

*****

 

“You have a nice voice Yerin-ah,” YuGyeom smiled at the girl.

 “W-what?” she stared at him. She gave her a slight smile.

You have a beautiful voice.” He repeated. Her cheeks turned red. “Can you sing for me?”

“Right now?” she said slowly. He nodded.

“Uhm… Okay,” she looked down.

 

She began to sing softly YuGyeom felt a smile growing on his faceas he listened to her song.

 

“Pretty,” he said quietly when she finished.

“You should audition for a company,” he smiled. She shook her head.

“No thanks,” she said and raised her head and looked at him. “I probably won’t get in anyway,” she smiled. And for a second YuGyeom’s heartbeat quickened. It was the first time she had given him.

“So pretty,” he mumbled, looking away.

“What did you say, YuGyeom-ah?” she asked. YuGyeom bit his lip. She just had to say his name after she smiled at him.

“Ah… it’s nothing.” He said, smiling. “I just was thinking about something,” 

“Something?” she tilted his head to the side slightly.

“Yeah,” he nodded, “Your voice.” Her face turned red at his words. He laughed.

“Aigoo… You blush so much,”

“YuGyeom!” she said. “What am I supposed to do when I blush? Can I even do something about it?”

“Hmm… Maybe not.” He shrugged.

 

*****

 

 “What were you and YuGyeom talking about? You two seem pretty close already,” Jimin told YeRin. YeRin just shrugged.”

“Just things...”

“Like what?”

“He said my voice is beautiful.”

“Heol. Do you think he likes you?”

“Of course not we’re just friends.”

“Do you like him, YeRin?”

”Park Jimin!”

“What? I’m just curious. Who know? Maybe he likes you and you like him. You two could be a couple!”

“Shut up,”

“Serious! You two are so close that you two seems like you’re dating!”

“Should we make a bet?”

“You’re on! I bet that I’m going to win!”

“We’ll see.”

 

*****

 

 “You really like her a lot, don’t you?” JB asked YuGyeom. The younger boy hung his head.

“Do you think she likes you?”

“No.” YuGyeom shook his head. “We’re just friends, you know,”    

“So you don‘t want her to date you?”

“I never said that,” YuGyeom turned slight red.

“Ask her out, maknae.”

“No.”

“You scared?”                                                                        

“Definitely not.”

“Then ask her out on date,”

“I don’t want to,”

“I dare you, maknae. Get her on a date with you and I’ll do anything you want for a whole day.”

“Make it a week and we have a deal.”

 

*****

 

“Well this is awkward…” YuGyeom said slowly. Yerin nodded in agreement. “should we just go in amusement park? Or to an arcade?”

“Okay,” Yerin shrugged. “Amusement park or arcade?”

“You choose,” the boy told her smilling

“Let’s go to an amusement park,” she smiled brightly.

“Which one?” YuGyeom questioned.

“Any.” Yerin replied. “As long as there’s a roller coaster I’m good.

“So let’s go!” YuGyeom smiled back. “Off to Lotte World!”

***

“Aigoo~” YuGyeom laughed as put a pair of cat ears on Yerin’s head . “It’s suits you, Yeirn-ah.”

“Eyy…” she tried to take it off but he wouldn’t let her.

“Keep it on. You look cute with it. Honest. ” he smiled at her.

“Aish…” she sighed, “But if I’m wearing one, you have to wear it too,” He grabbed a similar pair from the shelf and wore it.

“Done,” he smiled. She stared at him.

“It looks likes were a coupl, YugYeom,” she said slowly.

“Don’t care,” he shrugged and put her hand on her shoulders. “Let’s pay for this first, though.” She nodded and took out her wallet to pay for it but he stopped her from doing so. “I’m paying for this. Remember? A gentleman pays on the first date.”

“But this isn’t a date,” she said. He gave her a smile.

“But it’s similar to one,” he told her.

“You have a point,” she sighed. He laughed and took her hand. She looked at him in surprise. He merely shrugged.

“May I?” he raised his hand that was holding hers. She looked away her cheeks red. “I guess that means yes.”

 

*****

 

“I can’t believe we were there for two hours.” Yerin laughed.

“I know, right?” YuGyeom smiled. “Time really flies fast when you’re having fun.   

 “Exactly,” she nodded.  “And I have this feeling that Jimin will be mad at me for staying so late.”

“Just tell her you’re with me,” He told her. “Since you’re with me , maybe she won’t get mad,”

“Maybe…”

 

For a while they walked in silence.

 

“YuGyeom-ah,” Yerin stated.

“Yes?” he stopped walking and looked at her.

“Don’t hate me for doing this…” she said slowly.

“Doing what?” YuGyeom asked, confused. She reached up and kissed him on the cheek. He stared at her, his eyes wide in surprise.

“Umm…” she looked down, “Sorry,”

 

He didn’t say anything. Instead, he just stared at her. This girl who made her heart pound kissed him.  And she was making him confused.

 

*****

 

“You what?” Jimin stared at her friend. “Yah! Baek Yerin! How could you do that?” Yerin shrugged.

“I don’t know why I did that, I just did.” She said quietly.

“What did he say.”

“Nothing. He just stared there staring at me,” 

“Yerin! You shocked the kid,”

“Oh…”

“He didn’t ask you why he did that?”

“Nope. I just told him to forget what I did.”

“I doubt he will forget that,”

 

*****

 

“Let me get this straight. Baek Yerin kissed you correct?” Bambam asked YuGyeom who was lying on his bed.

“Yup,” YuGyeom nodded. “But why did she do that? I should have asked. I was just standing , staring at her, ”

“Ask her tomorrow she sits besides you anyway,”

“Won’t it be awkward? She told me to forget all about it,”

“Did she tell you anything other than that?”

“No,”

“Then it won’t”

“But she told me to forget it,”

“I’m pretty sure that you’re not going to forget that kiss, so just ask her about it. Who knows? Maybe she secretly likes you or something,”

“Impossible, we’re just friends,” YuGyeom shook his head.

“If you’re only friends then why did she kiss you?” BamBam raised his eyebrow.

“Uh…” YuGyeom thought about something reasonable to say but nothing. “Sudden impulse?”

“Baek Yerin likes you and I’m sure of it,”

 

*****

 

“Can I ask you something?”  YuGyeom asked quietly

“Go on,” Yerin sighed.

“Why did you kiss me last night?” he asked slowly. She raised her head to look at him.

“Honestly, YuGyeom I don’t know,” she sighed.

“If I ask you to go on another date with me, would you say yes?” he suddenly said, making her red before shrugging.

 

Baek Yerin, I have completely fallen for you, and I’m not joking.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hi~~ Sorry it took a while to update this~ But anyway, how was it? Comments? Upvotes? Hehe~~ Tell me what you think about it!