Code Royal meets HighLife

♚ ♚ Code Royal ~ Story Starting ♚ ♚

Chapter 2: Code Royal meets HighLife

~ The next morning ~

Chanyoung woke up to find Wondae holding on to him like a teddy bear. He looked around the room for a moment then carefully removed himself from the older member's grasp. Silently he made his way to the living room to watch a little tv before any of the other members awoke. He channel surfed for a while before hearing his band name on the tv. "Royal Entertainment vs Magic Entertainment." Chanyoung leaned closer to the television curious to know more. "The two companies are at yet another competition. Both companies debuted girl groups, this time they are debuting boy groups. Royal Entertainment released teaser photos of their upcoming boy group Code Royal. While Magic Entertainment released teaser pics just last night of their new boy group HighLife."

"HighLife?"

"We will be looking out for these two groups. Who will be on top?"

Chanyoung turned off the tv, running to Sung Jun and Amsel's room. He opened the door, grabbed the nearest pillow and walked to Sung Jun's bed. He raised the pillow slamming it on the member's stomach, awaking him from his deep slumber. Groaning in pain he glared at the young boy. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" Sung Jun yelled, waking up Amsel in the process.

"Good morning to you too." Chanyoung kissed his cheek and walked toward Amsel. "Did you hear about the other boy group debuting on the same day we are?" He sat on the bed beside Amsel. "What boy group?" Amsel said in a groggy voice. "FAMILY MEETING!!" Chanyoung yelled walking out of the room.

"There is something wrong with that child." Sung Jun said shaking his head.

All the members sleepily made their way to the living room and sat on the couch. "Why did you wake me up? I need my beauty sleep." Moon said. "Tell me about it." K mumbled. Moon glared at him.

"What new group were you talking about?" Sung Jun asked. "A new group?" Wondae rubbed his eyes and yawned cutely.

"Yes now shut up and I will tell you." Chanyoung replied, "Apparently there is another group from Magic Ent called HighLife and they are debuting the same day we are."

"But that's 2 weeks from today." Moon said. "How are we gonna compete against them?" Chanhyuk asked. "We'll be fine besides it's not like we're at war with them or anything like that." Sung Jun explained, "The media takes two groups and puts them against each other for entertainment purposes."

"So are there pictures or videos of them?" Wondae asked.

~ At the HighLife Dorm ~

"Wow we just posted our teaser pics last night and we're already all over the internet." Nick said scrolling through his phone. "Really?" Minjae said, "What are they saying?"

"They're pretty much saying the same thing." he replied, "That we're against Code Royal and it's a battle between Magic and Royal Ent."

"Do you guys think they're gonna beat us?" Daehwan asked. "What do you mean?" Hyunki said. "Well you remember what happened between SoundUp and 4Starz. What if that happens to us?"

"It's not like SoundUp completely flopped. They're pretty popular really." Kenji said, "Besides we shouldn't care about beating them, we should care about being successful and working hard."

"Guys we should get dressed Ilsung just texted me saying the CEO wants to see us." Nick said.

~ With Code Royal ~

The boys had eaten breakfast and gotten ready before heading to the company building for a meeting with their CEO, Taehyuk. They sat down in the waiting room outside his office. Wondae grabbed an apple from his bag, which was filled with them, taking a large bite out of it. "Do you always have to eat apples?" Chanhyuk asked. "I have an undying love for apples, Chanhyuk-kun. By now you should be used to it." he said taking another bite.

The door of Taehyuk's office opened. He walked out along with a beautiful young female. The boys recognized her almost instantly.

"Nayoung noona, what are you doing here?" Chanyoung said hugging his sister. "Your CEO called me in to talk about a project after you debut." she smiled at the other members. "Hello I'm Nayoung, Chanyoung's older sister. You must be his members."

"Aren't you in the group Amazons?" Chanhyuk asked. "Yes I'm the main dancer." Each member bowed and introduced themselves.

"I'm Moonjai but you can call me Moon."

"I'm Amsel."

"Hi, I'm Wondae."

"I'm the leader, Sung Jun."

"And I'm Chanhyuk." Nayoung smiled at Chanhyuk, he blushed looking away from her. "Well it was nice meeting you guys. I've gotta go I have a photoshoot. I'll see you all sometime."

As she left the boys  followed Taehyuk to his office. Chanhyuk watched Nayoung as she left almost getting left behind. The boys sat in the chairs in front of their CEO's desk.

"Before you start is this about the new group that's debuting the same day we are?" Amsel asked. "Yes. It seems that my old friend, Kim Young Chul is debuting his group the same day you debut. You are going to have to work harder and be more determined. Your debut may make or break your career. In the mean time you can not socialize with any of the HighLife members. Is that clear?" He asked. "Yes sir." the members said in unison.

~ After the meeting ~

The boys went to eat as Wondae suggested once they left the building. This time Wondae went to order the food. "So, do we know anything about HighLife?" Sung Jun asked. "They have five members named Nick, Daehwan, Min-J, Ace, and Kenji." Amsel said. "Why do we need to know anything about them?" Moon said. "Because we need to know in order to beat them." Sung Jun replied.

"I feel like something is going to go wrong." Chanhyuk said. "Goki, you worry to much. You'll be fine. We'll be fine." Chanyoung said. "I don't know..." Wondae hummed along happily with everyone's food. "How are you so skinny with all that food on your plate?" Moon asked. "I. Don't. Know." he took a bite of his fried chicken with a satisfied smile.

"Guys look." Wondae pointed to the door. Five good looking guys had walked in and to a table near Code Royal. The one who looked like the oldest went to order the food.

"I think that's them." Sung Jun whispered. "Let's talk to them." Before the members could reject, he went over to their table and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Code Royal's Ringo. You can call me Wondae, that's my real name. What are your names?"

The rest of s face palmed letting out big sighs.

"Hi, I'm HighLife's Kenji." Kenji went to shake Wondae's hand but Nick grabbed Kenji's hand. "We're not supposed to talk to them remember?" he whispered to the maknae. Kenji gave Wondae an 'I'm so sorry.' look and turned back to s.

Wondae sat back down at his table. "Well... I think that went well."

"Let's just enjoy our food then head out." Amsel said.

~ At the Code Royal Dorm ~

"Where are you guys going?" Wondae asked the three members who were grabbing their jackets. "Out." Moon said. "We'll be back before midnight. Chanyoung behave yourself." Sung Jun said as he, Moon, and Chanhyuk left the dorm.

"Why does he only tell me that?" Chanyoung asked no one in particular. "Because you're always causing trouble." Wondae replied. "Oh, and you're just a precious little angel." Chanyoung rolled his eyes.

Meanwhile Amsel sat in his room on his laptop video chatting a very special football (soccer) player. Amsel smiled widely, happy to be able to see the man he loved even if it was on a computer screen.

"I'm so proud of you Amsel. You're finally living your dream." Amsel blushed. "Are you still coming to see us debut? You promised you'd be here, Mesut."

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world. I can't wait to see you in person. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. I love you Mesut."

"I love you too, Amsel." Amsel's eyes clouded with tears. Mesut gave a warm smile. "Don't cry. It's not like we'll be apart forever. I'll be coming real soon."

~ With Sung Jun, Moon, and K ~

The three boys found themselves in a nearby club sitting a tables. Sung Jun and Moon danced happily on the dancer floor and socializing with the people near them. Chanhyuk wasn't much of a dancer. He sat at a table drinking a bottle of Soju. Negative thoughts clouding his mind "What if I fail? What if I make the group flop? How can I be an idol? I'm not talented enough for this. I should quit the group."

"Hey, Chanhyuk right?" a small voice said. He snapped out of his thoughts to find Nayoung standing in front of him wearing a beautiful, short pink dress. His favorite color.

"Y-Yes. I'm Chanhyuk." He looked down nervously biting his lower lip. "May I sit here?" She smiled. "Wow. She's beautiful."

"Sure." she took a seat across from him. "Are you nervous about your debut?"

He looked up and nodded slightly. She chuckled. "I can't say I felt the same but I can say that you have nothing to worry about. As long you do your best and work with your group well you can't possibly mess up."

"I just don't wanna let them down."

"If you keep thinking like that you will. You have to have positive thoughts." she grabbed his hand. "No matter what happens there are still people supporting you."

He smiled. "Yea you're right."

Meanwhile Sung Jun talked to a group of random people while Moon looked for the bar. On his way he bumped into a very familar face.

"I'm sor- Aren't you Moon from Code Royal?" the boy looked very hansome and cute at the same time. "Hi, I'm Daehwan."

"Nice to meet you. Do you wanna get a table?"

"Sure."