Welcoming Committee

My Sweet Secrets (My Sweet Pumpkin)

Yumin's POV

"Let's eat!" Eunhyuk and Donghae said as soon as Ryeowook finished putting all the dishes on the table.

They were just like how I thought they would be; like twin best friends or like lovers, maybe. They're cute and funny just like how they are onscreen. We started eating the delicious meal Ryeowook. There was silence at first, for a few minutes, then the two, Eunhyuk and Donghae, broke the ice.

Donghae cleared his throat. "So, Yumin" he started. Leeteuk coughed and glared at Donghae which Donghae didn't seem to notice. "tell us about yourself."

"It's the start." I heard Minchan, who was sitting beside me, whisper. "Good luck" She looked at me with a friendly smile. She's nice, really nice. We never got to talk to each other yet because she and Kyuhyun arrived a little later than the others but I she's seems friendly as she helped me set up the table before dinner.

All their eyes were fixed on me so I decided to look at the wall behind them instead. "Uh, where should I start?" I smiled shyly as my eyes wander around. Unlike my brother, I'm not used to being the center of attention as I'm not as confident as him. Heck, I can't even talk in front of a group of people without stuttering or shaking.

"How about telling us basic details like um... your birthday?" Eunhyuk suggested. "Your age, job, address, phone number, hair color, favorite color--"

"What?"

"Basic stuff about you" he said, "basically."

"Well" My fingers were fidgeting underneath the table. This is like those introductions you do on the first day of school... I have first days and introductions. "I'm Park Yumin as my brother may have told you. Born July 3rd year 1990. I don't have a real job but I have blog where I earn money. Address? My brother just told me today that I'll be living her so yeah. My hair color? Black, as you can see." I nodded awkwardly, looking at some of them to check if they're still looking at me. Unluckily, I got all their attention. How nice. If I'm on my fangirl mode right now, I'd be really happy but since I'm trying to hide my other identity, this kind of situation isn't really great.

"Ooh cool. What about your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Cool! That's Super Junior's official color!"

"Ya, since you're Leeteuk hyung's sister, you know us, right?"

I nodded.

"She's a fan! Right, Gyuri?" Sungmin asked, looking at me with eyes which never lose their sparkle. I immediately looked away as soon as our eyes met; I don't want to melt. I just nodded.

"Really? That's great!" Ryeowook clapped his hands like a cute little child. "Are you like a really big fan or something?"

I just nodded--again.

"Do you collect albums and merchandise?"

Nodded again. I don't like where this is going.

"Do you have a favorite member or something?" The damned question.

You might be wondering why I'm trying to hide this Yumin-is-an-ELF stuff and my bias--ultimate bias. But if you were in my position, I think you'll do the same (or not--whatever). I mean, I didn't plan on doing this hiding thing, I actually thought it would be fun if they know so I can be a treated as a special fangirl for a few days that I'm here but when I learned that I'll be staying, that's when I changed my mind. Imagine this, living with your crush (as a representative for a bias) and your other friends and schoolmates (representing the other members) and your brother or sister (Leeteuk oppa) with all of them knowing that you have a crush on your crush. Wouldn't it be awkward? Your friends would occasionally tease you both and your brother would be all this overprotective with you more so when you're with him. I'm trying to avoid that situation.

"Uh" I stuttered. Now they're like 110% focused on me. Great. "My-my brother, o-of course." I giggled shyly while praying that they won't ask furthermore.

"Aish, expect for him, duh!" Heechul said. The great Heechul finally spoke. His skin is really milky and flawless and his presence is way cool. He didn't talk when they got here until now and I feel like he was judging me or something when he first saw me.

"I-I-" I need an alibi or something. "I d-don't r-realy have o-one. I l-liked all of you e-equally." I wished the earth would open up and swallow me right now. I have no idea how much of an idiot they think I am now. Pabo, pabo, pabo. Aish, I want to hit my head to the wall.

"Oh really?" Eunhyuk and Donghae said in unison as they eyed me suspiciously. "Are you sure?"

"O-of c-course I a-am."

"Really Yumin, really?"

"Aish!" Leeteuk finally spoke. "Stop harassing her!" 

"Thank you brother." I made a mental note to thankq him later.

"We're not harassing her, we're just trying to get to know her!"

"She already answered your question, why are you still clarrifying?"

"We're just trying to make sure!"

"You-"

"Oppa! I'm okay, you don't have to scold them."

Leeteuk sighed. "Aish, fine."

They still asked some questions but tried to avoid personal questions. I started to get a bit more comfortable with them and stuttered less. They're actually really kind and brother-like. After eating, I offered to wash the dishes and Minchan offered to help me. We talked while doing the task and I learned that she got interrogated by the welcoming committee too. I also learned that she's a fan and that her bias is Kyuhyun which she let everyone know that's why Kyuhyun's constantly teasing her about it. 

"But it's okay. I get to hit his head often and he's my closest friend among them too."

"That's good."

"So who's your favorite? I know you have someone other than your brother."

"What?! How did you know?" My eyes were wide open in shock. "Am I that obvious?"

She laughed. "Yes, kind of. I don't know. I'm a girl, I just know these stuff."

I sighed. "This is not good." I mumbled to myself.

"So who is it?"

"What?"

"Who? Yumin, c'mon. I told you mine."

I took a deep breath then whispered. "Don't tell anyone, okay? Promise me."

"I promise." She smiled reassuringly.

"It's" I said in my softest voice "...Sungmin."

She giggled. "You mean my brother?"

"Yes. Him." I pointed a finger at her. "You promised, okay? Don't you dare..."

"I won't, I won't. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." I held her right hand up as if she was taking an oath.

We went back to our room after we finished. I took a shower first as she was still busy browser over the internet. She then followed afterwards. I took my laptop and checked my email and blog. I almost forgot that I'll be meeting Fine tomorrow. Because of the incident a while back, my enthusiasm dissipated a bit. But I was still very excited. As I was already sleepy, I decided to make a new blog tomorrow morning. Minchan finished taking a shower just before I sleep.

"Good night~ I'll sleep now." I said.

"Okay, good night Yumin~"

Before I headed to Dreamland,  I prayed that tomorrow will be a better day. I hope my prayer was heard.

I think it was.

 

 


Hello~ another update~

School break's gonna end soon so my next update will probably be on Friday or Saturday.

Anway, please comment! I really appreciate those!

Thank you <3