1 - 10

Shake

 

Something I forgot to add, is that this is going to be marked as complete, even though I will most likely be adding to it on and off, simply because it could be taken as complete. It doesnt really need anything else. 

Disclaimer - I don't own the songs, or their artists. I don't own Jongin, or Kyungsoo. 


1. Battlefield – Jordin Sparks

Jongin ducked his head down as the bullets whizzed over them, and fought not to squeeze his eyes shut at the noise. He would never be used to it. The constant fear for his life and the shouting and the screaming and the death. So, so much death.

“Kyungsoo!” He gasped through dry lips, twisting his head around to look at his comrade. “Kyungsoo how much further till the – holy !”

“Jongin…”

Jongin felt his pounding heart shudder in his chest as his friend’s wide, brown eyes dropped down to look at a spot on his stomach where his hands were pressed. Jongin grabbed frantically at his wrists. His fingers came away bloodied.

“, Kyungsoo.” He choked out.

*

*

2. Bones – The Killers

Kyungsoo pressed his palms to the tight black material of Jongin's shirt, stretched taught across his firm chest. He grinned up at his friend as he reached further up to grapple at Jongin's shoulders and push his nails hard into the clothed flesh there.

Jongin responded in kind by slipping his arms loosely around Kyungsoo's waist, and discreetly let his hands wander up the inside of Kyungsoo’s shirt. He trailed his fingers over the skin of his back. He laughed breathily as Kyungsoo closed his eyes and gasped at the touch.

“Jongin.” Kyungsoo griped out, “I swear…” he took a shaky breath and pressed their hips together slowly. Jongin stopped laughing.

“I know ‘Soo, I know.” He said, and bent his head down for a kiss.

*

*

3. Oh Mom! – T.O.P

“, Jongin! ! How could you not tell me about this!?”

Jongin chuckled softly, a barely audible noise above the beeping and whirring of hospital machines.

“Hyung, don’t be mad, I'm not sorry. I'm really not. Think of all the fun we’ve had. It's been awesome.” He was smiling. The little was smiling.

“Don’t goddamn smile at me like that! How can you smile right now you idiot!” If he wasn’t careful he was going to burst into tears. Damnit.

“Please hyung, it’s okay-”

“No it's not! Don’t say that! It's not okay damn you! Nothings okay Jongin you're…”

You're dying.

Yeah. Yeah I am…”

“Jesus.” And that was it. Floodgates were open. He was balling. Damnit.

“C’mere hyung. Don’t cry.” Kyungsoo closed his eyes and crawled up from his spot on the end of Jongin's hospital bed and buried his head in the junction of Jongin's head and shoulders, breathing in the faintness  of Jongin beneath that disinfectant smell that you only ever find in hospitals, and the crispness of fresh, unused linen.

“Don’t go.”

*

*

4. American Idiot – Green Day

Jongin pushed himself up from the ground and glared at the grubby sneakers in front of his nose.

“Oh off would you.” He spat out, rubbing an arm across his bloodied lip and sighing. “I'm really kinda sick of this.”

“Shut it, .” His collar was gripped and he found himself being jerked roughly to his feet. He let an easy smirk settle on his lips and slipped his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

“Or what?”

The boys in front of him sputtered. He received a sharp slap to the face and a knee to his ribs that nearly sent him careering to the ground for his snark.

“Maybe if you’d stop ing boys you freak, and wearing this crap,” he gestured to the tight jeans and the jewellery, “and you stopped acting like such a …” Jongin tuned out, eyes drawn to the slowly gathering crowd and – hey! That’s Kyungsoo. “We wouldn’t have to do this every day.”

Jongin slid his tongue over his lips slowly, and blinked at the boy as he finished his rant.

“You done?” He drawled.

And then he spat in his face. And laughed. And ran.

*

*

5. 17 – Short Stack

“Wait no! Come on 'Soo! Please!”

“, Jongin what do you want from me? Why do we even try with this?”

Jongin clenched his fists and bit his lip. “Please Kyungsoo… I'm sorry, I'm so sorry…”

“You say that every time Jongin. Find a new one to try.” His voice cracked. Damn this.

“ no, please Kyungsoo, stop I - ” He grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist and yanked backwards, spinning him round. “Please don’t leave me…”

“Why not!” Kyungsoo wrenched his arm from Jongin's grip but made no further attempts to leave. “Why the not! This happens every time Jongin. I don’t think I can deal with this anymore. I really – I can’t – ” he shook his head turning to leave again. “I'm sorry Jongin. I really am.”

*

*

6. Angel of Harlem – U2

Jongin isn’t sure when it started.

It could have been when Kyungsoo had fallen asleep on his shoulder during Paranormal Activity 3, and had later informed him that it had been ‘just so bloody boring that I couldn’t even’, while Jongin himself had been gripping the material of his shirt so hard that it was stretched forever after, and practically unwearable.

Or perhaps it was when he heard Kyungsoo sing for the first time, just a few mumbled phrases under his breath as he scrubbed the counter of the café in between customers.

Maybe it was the first time Kyungsoo had rung him up at three in the morning, ‘because I couldn’t sleep’.

(‘So you can fall asleep perfectly ing fine during the scariest ing movie I have ever seen, in the middle of the day, but you can’t in your own bed, at three in the ing morning?’ ‘Your shoulder was comfortable.’)

Jongin isn’t sure when it started, but he knows this for certain: He hopes it never ends.

*

*

7. Crazy – Simple Plan

“Jongin. Listen to me, I love you, alright? I love you.”

“I know hyung. I do… and I love you too but…”

“You're beautiful Jongin. Believe me. You don’t need to change that.”

“I could be better hyung.”

“There is nothing about you that I would ever change Jongin. There is nothing you could ever do that would make me stop loving you, hell, you could kill someone and I’d probably still love you. Please, you need to stop this. Please.”

“I can’t hyung… I really…”

“Yes you can. For me, please… Jongin I couldn’t live without you. You're sick… let me help you, please?”

“I know hyung… I'm so sorry I didn’t mean for it to… get like this… I'm sorry Kyungsoo hyung I didn’t mean to…”

“I know Jonginnie, I know… none of us meant for it to get like this… It wasn’t supposed to happen like this but… It’ll be alright. I know it will. Trust me.”

“I do hyung.”

*

*

8. Trouble Maker – Trouble Maker

Kai, I suggest you lower your weapons.”

“Aw c’mon babe.”

“The guns, Kai. Don’t make me ask again.” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes pressed his knife into the younger man’s neck.

“But see, sweetheart, that would leave me at a disadvantage now, wouldn’t it?” His voice was low and sultry, and completely inappropriate for their current situation. Nobody is supposed to sound like that with a blade at their throat.

“If you attempt to even fire one shot, I am going to put a piece of steel through your windpipe.”

“Yeup, and if you press any harder with that pretty piece of metal I'm gonna put a bullet in your brain,” he countered in a sing-song voice, “so I guess we’re kinda at a stalemate here, huh gorgeous?”

Kyungsoo suppressed a sigh.

“I propose that we both back off. At the same time?”

Was he really that stupid?

“On three?” There was a disarming smile on his lips.

Kyungsoo hesitated.

“One.”

“Two.”

Three.”

*

*

9. Because – The Beatles

Jongin… Jongin has no words.

Kyungsoo is beautiful.

That’s it.

Kyungsoo is beautiful.

There is nothing else.

Kyungsoo is beautiful.

*

*

10. New Year’s Day – U2

They hold eachother. Tightly.

They get like this sometimes. After a long day of practice or a cold sleepless night. They just need to hold eachother for a bit.

Jongin thinks of Kyungsoo as his anchor. The thing that grounds him. Stabilises him when things get rough and he begins to think it's all too difficult. Pulls his head in when he starts acting out. Let’s him vent when the pressure is high.   

He tries not to let things get to him. Mostly he succeeds. But sometimes this happens. And he just can’t anymore.

He supposes that Kyungsoo feels it as well, this mountain of stress that they’re all under. He must. It's the only reason Jongin can think of that he would need someone like Jongin, to hold him through his tears and rub circles into his shoulder blades.

They just both need a little comforting sometimes. A little reassurance that there's someone there who cares.

So they hold eachother. Tightly.

*

*


So, thoughts?