i.

Of Reconciliation And Forgiveness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Juhyun leaned her head on the steering wheel as she pulled through the driveway of her apartment. It had been four years since the last time she had been in Seoul. And she was afraid to know what changes the four years had brought to the people she knew, the people she was familiar with.

 

A light tug on her dress made her look at the passenger's seat. A pair of beautiful twinkling eyes met her tired ones. She smiled and reached for his face and caressed it gently.

 

"Did you sleep well, Seunghyun?" She asked as she unclasped her seatbelt.

 

"Yes mommy." The boy nodded and gave her a toothy smile. The boy's smile reminded her of his father. And to be quite frank, his face was like a carbon copy of his father's, that's why whenever she looked at him, she could feel a small ache tugging in her chest.

 

Juhyun unclasped her child's seatbelt and reached for him, straightening his clothes.

 

"Listen baby, this is mommy's home in Seoul. This is a bit smaller than our house in the U.S., but it's more comfortable here." Juhyun explained. Seunghyun nodded and gave her a small smile to assure her he understood.

 

She didn't relish the idea of going back to Seoul or even Korea but she didn't have much of a choice since her business in the U.S. didn't go well as she planned it to be. The very familiar streets of Seoul she grew up in didn't give her much of those happy memories she wished for. And she didn't want to remember any of those and going to Seoul would mean one thing, to remember everything, all of it.

 

 

Juhyun held her three year old son's hand as they walked through the spinning door of the complex. The complex had changed a lot. Before, it looked rubbish but as Juhyun skimmed the building, major changes could be seen, it was obviously rennovated.

 

Juhyun switched the lights of the apartment on. The unit still looked the way she left it, though of course it was cleaned by someone before they arrived.

 

Every corner of the place gave a little ache in her heart as she took the scenery of her old neglected unit in. A sigh escaped from her lips as she reminisced the last night she was here, a very painful night she didn't want to remember. She was taken out of reverie, when she felt Seunghyun pulling her hand.

 

"Mommy, aren't we going to sit?” He asked innocently, yawning every now and then. Juhyun chuckled and gave a little pinch on her son's cheek.

 

"Our little prince doesn't like getting tired, huh?" She was glad that she had Seunghyun by her side. Even though he was a product of her, their mistake from the past, she never thought of him as a burden, instead, he was a gift that makes her want to live despite the fact she was dying, dying inside. He became the reason why she was living.

 

 

---------

"Oh mom. Yes we're here already. Yes yes, I'll change some furniture but everything's fine don't worry. Ah, yes mom, Seunghyun and I will buy new stuffs in the mall today. Okay mom, take care. I love you. Don't worry, we'll be fine. Bye." The beeping sound of the phone line being cut came in as Juhyun's mom ended the call. She didn't know why but she felt like the words "everything's fine" "don't worry" were all piercing lies to cover up the pain she truly felt.

 

 

"We're buying you new clothes, baby." Juhyun said as she looked through the clothes on display in a store.

 

"But I want ice cream mommy!" Seunghyun whined, grabbing the hem of Juhyun's dress.

 

"Okay okay baby. We'll buy one after we choose new clothes for you." Juhyun said, still focused on the clothes in front of her. She nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter