"True" Friends and Bambam

Mama of Exo

                Chapter Seventeen: "True" Friends and Bambam

           Julie sighed. Should’ve known. What a bummer.

            What should she have known, one may ask? Well, she has twelve kids – toddlers – and what do toddlers not really do that well? Listen.

            Through all of Julie’s classes, she sat there, quieting her kids who couldn’t stop giggling. At first, it was adorable, and the teacher didn’t say anything. Julie kept quieting them, of course, but that didn’t really help much. When they kept giggling too much, the teacher would talk to them while the class “worked” on things. That didn’t quiet them at all. By the end of each class, Julie could feel the happiness and relief the teachers felt at having her and the boys leave. Julie was happy, too, but she felt somewhat sad that none of them really listened to her. She knew they were kids and that was why they did so, but it was still a little…annoying? No, just…frustrating.

            Julie followed her sons out of the door to the car after the final bell rang. The boys seemed tired, but they were still happy. Julie dragged her feet, pulling the two toddler’s along. She had them all cross with her and when they got to the car, she made sure all of them were in. Right when she was about to close the door, she heard heels clack on the floor, coming right at her.

            “Julie!” She heard a voice call. Lee. Julie turned around, the door still open.

            “Lee. I haven’t seen you in a while,” she said, smiling. “How have you…” she trailed off. Lee was angry. Her face was contorted and red. She got up into Julie’s face, her breath smelling of alcohol.

            “Julianne Randi,” she slurred, poking Julie with her right index finger. “Look what a you’ve become.” Julie frowned. “I always knew you and Jill would be s the minute I became ‘friends’ with you two. You, though, I doubted for a bit, but it seems I was right. Look what you have now: twelve kids that aren’t even yours. What? Did you the adoption agency’s head just to get them? Or did you really give birth the months we never saw you and just adopted those little things as a cover up?” Julie felt the anger and tears well up.

            “Lee. You’re drunk,” she answered. “Go home and sleep.” Lee sneered.

            “What? Leave you and your precious ‘babies’ alone in a parking lot with so many disgusting, overrated people?” She asked with a tone Julie could only place as sarcastic. Julie frowned and glanced into the car.

            The boys were silent, staring away from Lee and Julie, eyes filled with tears. Tao, who sat in his car seat right next to the door, openly cried, but it was only him. Julie rubbed his head, trying to comfort him. Lee snorted at snatched Julie’s hand away. Julie faced her, taking her hand away. Lee didn’t seem to care.

            “Julie, Jules,” Lee said, smiling wide. “Ditch them. Take them back. We’ll start over, together. All three of us will live together in your house and have fun like we always planned, remember? How you always wanted to be a college teacher? We promised each other to live in the same house, and how we’d obtain jobs together or near each other?” She glared at her kids. “Can’t you see? Those…things…are holding you back! You don’t need them! Nor do you truly want them. Just –,” Julie cut her off by a punch to the face.

            “Ouch! What the , ?!” Lee screamed as she held her broken nose. Julie got up in her face like Lee did to her. She grabbed Lee’s collar, wrapped it around her fist, and pulled Lee’s head close to hers.

            “Listen well, Kim Young Leanne. Listen really well, because I will only say this once,” Julie began, eyes blazing in fury. “I was never the ; neither was Jill. It was you. You’re the one who partied, got wasted, and had too many rounds with guys you didn’t even know. Just, how many abortions have you had, exactly?” Lee glared at her, shocked and angry. “If I remember right, fourteen, unless you had more you didn’t tell us?”

            “How many have you had, ? More than me! Way more,” Lee snarled, spitting in Julie’s face. Julie’s eyes narrowed.

            “None. I would never do that to a kid – a baby,” Julie glanced at the boys, their eyes wide. “I will never give them up, Leanne. I am happy with them; they make me happy – happier than when Umma and Appa were alive. If they were alive, everything would be perfect…and I am not about to let you ruin it. Now, please leave me – us – alone and never talk to me again. Ever.” Julie shut the door, let Lee go, and walked to the other side. When Julie got in, she locked the doors, and watched as Lee snapped out of her trance to open the passenger door, screaming at Julie. Julie started the car and began to pull out, but rolled the window down a little bit. “Leanne.” Lee glared at her, trying to fit her hand in the crack. “What was the subject I wanted to teach? The subject I spent years on getting the master’s for?”

            “English,” Leanne said, hesitantly. Julie frowned and shook her head. (A/N: Not the language but the language arts thing. You know, where you learn to spell and write better with capitalization, punctuation, etc.) Julie pulled out, blocking out the screams of Leanne.

            “History,” she said, talking to herself. “I want to be a history teacher…” she felt the tears run down her face, but she wiped them away and continued to drive. I graduated from high school early. I spent three years in college already, taking every history class I could. We’ve been friends since freshman year…but I should’ve known. She never truly liked me as a friend; I always knew that. She just acted like my friend, but then talked about me behind my back. Jill told me about it…I never believed her. I thought Lee was a true friend, but Jill was the only one. I should’ve known…I should’ve known.

            Julie pulled into the gate entrance, seeing a car outside it. Julie slowed down a bit and looked at the car. The door opened and a man walked out, dressed in black, standing out on the snow. Julie looked at him carefully, ready to pull out and drive somewhere else just in case. He pulled his hat off as he got closer. Julie recognized him instantly, but then saw the look on his face. He didn’t look all that happy. Julie rolled down the window when he stood next to it.

            “Mr. Lee,” Julie said, wincing at the name that reminded her of her fight before she left the school. “What brings you to my cold abode?” She smiled slyly. He laughed.

            “Well, we need to talk,” he said, turning serious. “About your last three kids.” Julie looked back, confused.

            “What do you mean? Tao, Kai, and Sehun?” His eyes widened and he looked back to see them. “Yeah, one of your men dropped them off for me.” He back up, shocked. He looked around before punching in the code, making the gates open.

            “Get inside. Now.

            Julie didn’t have to be told twice.

 

 

            “So, what is this all about?” Julie asked, forgetting all about Lee as she watched her kids play in the playroom. She and Lee Soo Man sat at the table, a little distance away, but not far enough so they couldn’t see the kids in case they got hurt or something.

            “You have obtained Tao, Kai, and Sehun. How?” He looked very serious and, his eyes looked…scared. Julie didn’t dwell on that, though.

            “Oh, at five, a guy showed up. I opened the door and, if I must say, he was really cute,” she babbled before gasping, covering . He just laughed and motioned for her to keep going on. She blushed, but continued anyway. “Well, he, um, asked if I was Julianne Randi and I told him I was. But, he then shoved the kids to me and I yelled at him to not do that. He could have hurt my babies! I slammed the door in his face, waited a bit, and then turned the alarm back on before we all were in here. As handsome as that man was, he was just as rude to my poor babies.” And for once, she pouted. Like a little girl. She never did aegyo after her parents died. She rarely did it even before, but here she was, doing aegyo. Soo Man chuckled, but then turned serious.

            “Was this him?” He asked, pulling a picture out. It was of another boy. He had black hair with a blonde strip, making him look really adorable in Julie’s perspective. Julie studied him and gave the picture back to Soo Man.

            “No, it wasn’t him, even though he is really adorable,” Julie said, smiling. “Wae?” Soo Man’s face paled.

            “Wh-what d-do you m-mean it w-wasn’t him?” He said lowly, sounding ready to kill.

            “It just wasn’t him. He didn’t show up. It was a built man with silver-grey hair, brown eyes, Asian, just an average guy. He had black loop earrings, too. That’s all I remember.” Julie frowned. Soo Man rubbed his head before looking back at her.

            “Julie, this boy I showed you…his name is Bambam,” he began, his eyes saddening. “He…he was the one sent to give you the boys.”

 

Hey, my babies! I love you~! I’m sorry I haven’t updated in forever, but I’ve just been really busy.

‘But, author-nim, you’ve had three months and made stories that have no relevance to this story at all! What the toast!’

Yes, I know, I , but guess what! SCHOOL BOOTY, MAN!

Plus, I couldn’t connect to the internet whenever I had the urge to write this.

DO you know how ANNOYING that was? Oh my gosh!

Anyway, thanks for all the views, votes (on Wattpad), and comments! Please, keep supporting your snail-paced author/dongsaeng/unnie!

SARANGHEYO!

P.S. It’s 1:47 A.M. I can’t sleep! *frowny sad face*