Story

Daddy' Little Indiana Jones

It takes some time getting adjusted to but Kyungsoo eventually grows accustomed to the unusually dim indoors of his house. A call out of 'I'm home' is received by an 'in here' that seems to emerge from the living room.

His entry is however cut short by a squeak of, "Daddy stop!! No go!!" and he halts in his tracks, peering in through the door. His two year old daughter stands guard at the door barring his entry while his wife languidly reclines against the couch on the far end of the room, trying to cover a smile- in between, is what can only be described as pandemonium.

There are pillows strewn around, blankets tented between chairs, a hula-hoop somewhere in between and general chaos all around. He looks from his daughter to his wife and raises an eyebrow. His wife covers a grin with the back of her hand and tells their daughter, "tell daddy how he can come in."

"Save mommy!!" Comes the elated answer.

"Save mommy from what?" Kyungsoo takes off his jacket and leans against the doorway.

"Couch mons'tor!!" She throws her hands about wildly. "See?" She points back to her mother on the couch and then looks back eagerly upto her father.

"She won't let anyone in. She almost made the post-guy 'save' me," laughs his wife from where she's seated. Kyungsoo furrows his brows in mock anger.

"No fair," he says to his daughter, "I'm supposed to save mommy."

His wife sticks her tongue out at him childishly.

"Shoulda' been there when the post guy came," she mouths to him. He sends a mock glare before kneeling down to the toddler's level.

"Daddy can't save mommy sweetheart." Her face falls. "Daddy doesn't know how to." She instantly perks up.

"I show!" Kyungsoo laughs.

"You show?" She bobs her head up and down fast enough to made him dizzy. "Okay, you show then." She tightly clasps his index finger and presses one of her own tiny fingers from her free hand to her lips and whispers (very loudly), "sshh Daddy!!  Monst'or sleeeeepin'!" Kyungsoo nodds very seriously and gives her a thumbs up. 

"Show me the way partner," he whispers in the same tone. She pulls him over to the pillows and scrambles over it and looks up expectantly at her father who steeps over the pillows with obvious ease and she pouts.

"No fair!! Daddy long legs!!" She pouts accusingly, failing to understand the implications as her father looks down at his own legs while her mother bursts out laughing and covers up by ducking her head into her knees.

Kyungsoo sighs.

"Honey, daddy isn't a spider, nor does he have long legs. Go say that to uncle Jongin—"

"Or uncle Kris. Or uncle Yeol."

"Go and get them to save you then." His wife throws up her hands.

"Okay! Sorry! I humbly beg your apologies o savior." Kyungsoo shakes his head. His daughter looks back and forth between them unable to figure out any of the adult talk. Kyungsoo smiles down at her.

"Where to next?"

She pulls him over to the series of chairs that have bedsheets tented between them, easily crawling out of them on all fours.

"Me versus someone who has two years experience of crawling, hardly seems fair," sighs Kyungsoo, dropping to his knees and rolling up his sleeves after which he proceeds to army-crawl his way out of the blanket-tent, only to have his feet catch onto a stray end at the last moment. The tent nearly comes down upon him, except he twists around and stops it, unfortunately lightly grazing his elbows at the same time.

"Should have trained harder in the army." He hisses while rubbing his elbows. Oblivious to his pain, his daughter drags him over to some more pillows, which he side steps while she isn't looking, until, they reach the hula-hoop, propped between a bean bag and a low stool. 

She manages to stumble-jump through the hoop and triumphantly stands next to her mother with a 'behold-my-awesomeness' pose while Kyungsoo lets out a defeated sigh before dropping to his knees.

 The hula-hoop by far should have been the easiest thing to cross over (because crossing the pillow-mountain was a blow to his ego) but suddenly his right foot catches the hoop and it bangs down on his head, eliciting a sharp hiss of pain from him and a gasp from his wife who looks torn between laughing and trying to help him. He pushes off the hoop from his back while still seated. His daughter toddles over and pats his head.

"Daddy no cry," she says, her voice wavering and tears threatening to spill. Kyungsoo smiles at her broadly.

"Daddy's okay baby, see, no crying." He flops down upon the sofa next to his wife and holds out his arms. "Come here you little Indiana  Jones." She rushes into his arms and he lifts her up into his lap where she snuggles into him. "Daddy isn't very good good at saving mommy is he?" Kyungsoo closes his eyes wearily, resting his head on the back of the couch while his wife pats his shoulder.

"Aww, no, daddy is awesome at saving, isn't he honey?" Their daughter nods furiously. 

"Daddy aww-umm," she gurgles happily, sticking out both her tiny thumbs in front of his face. Kyungsoo breaks into a wide smile and she kisses his cheek. 

"Thank you honey."

"Hey! Where's mine?" pouts his wife.

"Pft. Shouldn't you be giving us kisses for saving you?" She grins and quickly obliges, pausing for a moment to taken in the sight of them. 

Their daughter takes an interest in Kyungsoo's wrist-watch and  Kyungsoo turns to his wife.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Tough life." He looks down at his elbows. His wife laughs softly and pats his shoulders.

"Battle wounds hon, battle wounds."

"She's better than me at saving you." He glances down at the toddler who contents herself in picking at his wrist watch clasp, trying to get it open.

"Don't be to hard on yourself, she's had practice saving me all day."

"Hmm.... so... the post guy huh?" His wife rolls his eyes and smacks his chest softly.

"Oh please."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm not sure what happened but yeah.... ^^;;