48. Bachelor and Bridal

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Nicole-ah have the rest of the cupcakes arrived?” Eunsun asked as she put one last flower by the streamer, sticking it into place with tape. Her suite had been prettied up with pastel yellow and pink for the bridal shower. The furniture had been moved to give room for a large laced table cloth which lay flat on the floor like a picnic rug. Gyuri and Seungyeon carried plates of sandwiches and salad rolls on plates lined with pink flowers. There was a banner hanging across the television which said ‘congratulations Eunsun.’ Hara sat on the floor playing with Soo-yoon, the nanny had the day off so the girls were rotating around the day to look after her.

“Relax Eunsun Nicole should have left the kitchen by now,” Jiyoung assured her, they were all dressed in soft yellow except for Eunsun who was in a white dress that had a pink ribbon to tie around the neck.

“I’m sorry,” Eunsun had to sit down, her cream heels were starting to hurt her feet, “I guess I’m nervous. The wedding is only three days away.”

“You’ll be fine,” Jiyoung added as the other four girls joined her. Someone drummed at the door.

“They’re here,” Eunsun got up, smoothed the skirt of her dress as she went to answer it.

“Jihye-ah,” she hugged her new friend.

“How was the plane flight?”

“It was good thank you,” Jihye said handing her a striped gift bag, “this is for you.”

“Thank you, come take a seat and meet the others.” Jihye nodded, she looked nice in her cream thin strap dress.

“Hara, Gyuri, Seungyeon, Nicole and Jiyoung,” Eunsun began as they all stood up, “this is Jihye-ah she is the dongsaeng of Yunho from DBSK.” They were gob smacked.

“Wow,” they bowed to her, “you are so pretty.”

“Thank you,” Jihye shyly replied, “So are all of you.”

“So, you are his actual sister?”

“Jiyoung!”

“Yes that’s me,” Jihye said as they showed her where to sit on the edge of the blanket. A rap came at the door.

“Oh that might be Yuna and Hyori,” Eunsun went to the door. Sure enough one of her future sister in laws and Hyori were there.

“Here you are,” Hyori handed her a pink box with ribbon. Yuna gave an apologetic grin.

“She’s been pretty unbearable all morning,” she whispered as she handed Eunsun an envelope.

“It’s alright, thank you for coming.”

“My pleasure,” Eunsun showed her to where the other women were sitting on the edge of the cloth.

“Who else are we waiting on?” Hyori examined her red nails.

“Oh Minsoo-sshi isn’t here.”

“Minsoo? Eric’s secretary?”

“Yes I invited her.” Hyori let out a laugh, “you really do have strange taste in friends my dear,” Gyuri covered Jiyoung’s mouth before the magnae could state her opinion.

“Oh that must be her now,” Eunsun went to the door as it knocked. Sure enough Eric’s secretary was there with a bouquet of tulips.

“Eric-ah said they were your favorites,” she added.

“Thank you Minsoo join the rest of us.” Eunsun showed her to the blanket.

“Jihye-ah this is Minsoo-ah Eric’s secretary, Yuna-ah I think you would already have met right?”

“Wow I almost didn’t recognize you,” Hyori said as Minsoo took a seat, “but that’s because your glasses are gone.”

“Do you like me without them?” Minsoo asked, “I decided to get contacts at last.”

“It isn’t just that,” Hyori touched the dress, “you’re wearing something figure fitting for once.”

“Hyori…” Yuna warned her.

“Oh yes, Jihye-ah this is Hyori and Yuna-ah. Yuna-ah is married to one of Hwang’s hyungs, the one older than him but closest in age. Hyori is the wife of Donggun.”

“Hello,” Jihye said.

“You’re Yunho’s sister aren’t you?” Hyori had a sly look in her eyes, “if only he wasn’t so young…” She made a tiger growl causing everyone to become uncomfortable.

“Ok, let’s all eat, please enjoy,” they all went to the middle to eat the sandwiches.

“Would anyone like some rose wine?”

“Wow you really are celebrating,” Yuna joked as Eunsun came with goblets with pink ribbon tied around the stem and a bottle of wine. She handed them all except for Jiyoung a glass and poured some into it. Jiyoung made do with the orange juice.

“To Eunsun,” Yuna said.

“To Eunsun and Hwang,” they all chimed their glasses together.

***

4 Hours later the same day
 

“So where’s the groom?” Donggun yelled with his drink in his hand to the group of men. HoDong sat with Eric who had just face palmed. It was only six thirty and he was already drunk.

“He’ll be here soon,” Kyung drawled from the beer, poor guy couldn’t even do the same. A man with neatly groomed hair in a dress shirt sighed at his brother.

“Can you stop?” He had to take his dongsaengs drink from his hand, “we’re here to surprise Youngmin. Not get drunk and act stupid.”

“Fine Jung,” Kyung huffed, “shouldn’t he be here soon with… What’s-his-name? Proper hyung?”

“He means Lee-woo,” Eric said to HoDong who nodded, he sipped a bit of his beer managing to remain sober. The music was pumping and the lights were blinking. People from around laughed as they danced. They had booked a private booth in the club.

“Hold on.” Jung held a finger out to silence the drunken men, “I think they are coming.”  The sober ones put their drinks down. The other Hwang had long ragged hair tied in a short ponytail and he had a feint beard.

“Ok are we ready?” Lee-woo put the finger to his lips to hush them. Youngmin was talking happily with Lee-woo as they got closer.

“Surprise,” Youngmin was speechless as he saw his family and friends.

“Wow, what is this?” He asked as Eric hugged him.

“A surprise bachelor party,” Eric replied.

“For the soon-to-be Hwang husband number three,” Donggun chimed in before burping. Eric glared at him but Youngmin’s attention was directed at his two hyungs who came over to greet him.

“It isn’t much,” Jae-son said handing him an envelope, “but I know you aren’t much of a gift person.”

“Hyung,” Youngmin's voice was choked, “you came all the way here for me?” Jae-son nodded.

“Of course, you big softie,” they embraced, eldest with second youngest. Then Jae-son moved aside so Jung could greet him. Youngmin and Jung weren’t that close but they still loved each other.

“Jung,” Youngmin said as he hugged his brother, “how long was it since I last saw you?”

“Probably at your first wedding,” Jung said solemn, “I’ve been here and there. I forget to call though, sorry dongsaeng.” Youngmin shook his head.

“I’m glad you came,” Youngmin told him as Jung gave him a small box.

“Alright,” Donggun clapped his hands, “let the groom to be open his keepsakes and then we can get this party started.”

“Yeah the other men shifted around the couches so Youngmin could sit in the middle as they gave him their presents.

***
4 hours before – at the bridal shower

“Aw how lovely,” Eunsun smiled as she examined the tea pot with a lotus painted on it, “my very own tea-set.”

“I found it at a store in Japan when me and Lee-woo went there a few weeks ago,” Yuna said, “I thought of you when I saw it.”

“Thank you,” Eunsun hugged Yuna as she placed it beside her new tablecloths, cutlery set and vases which the maids had given her.


“Alright my turn,” Hyori grinned away as Eunsun undid the ribbon and took off the lid. For a moment no sound came out of . She lifted out a beige chemise with a brief to match, both rather transparent. Then a red baby doll top that was strapless and a g-string. The final set of lingerie was a black satin bustier with pink ribbon as well as pink frill.

“Oh my…” Yuna’s mouth was gaping as well as the other ladies, Jiyoung covered Soo-yoon’s eyes with a hand.

“These are…”

“Trust me they will help you woo Hwang when you two are ready get hot and steamy,” Hyori winked. Unable to say anything, Eunsun put them back in the box.

“Thank you,” she managed to say as she went to Jihye’s gift.

“Wow your brother’s newest album,” Eunsun said turning the box admiring the graphic art of the booklet and the cover.

“Take a look inside,” Jihye urged her and Eunsun took off the plastic and opened the case. Someone had written on the CD.

“Is this… Aww Yunho and Changmin wrote on this.”

“What did they say?”

“Congratulations on your marriage, that was Changmin. Yunho wrote; enjoy listening to this with your love, I hope you will continue to Dong Bang Shin ki your love and support.”

“Wow that would have taken a lot of space.”

“It did, the rest of the CD.” Eunsun showed them the proof which made them laugh.

“That’s my oppa for you,” Jihye smiled as Eunsun hugged her.

“Thank you, I will definitely listen to it.”

“Now is it time for the cakes?”

“Yes,” Eunsun smiled as Jiyoung and Seungyeon got up to bring the cupcakes to them. On them was written ‘thank you.’

“Aw how nice of you,” Yuna smiled as she took one off the plate.

“Did you count the calories?” Hyori sniffed, declining at first.

“Actually they are low fat,” Eunsun assured her.

“Fair enough,” Hyori said taking one and pulling off the paper.

“Thank you for planning this,” Yuna thanked Eunsun.

“Yes thank you,” Jihye added. All the girls began to agree making Eunsun gush.

***

At the Bachelor Party

“Wow coasters” Donggun was becoming obnoxious now after having so much to drink.

“Thank you,” Youngmin patted Kyung on the shoulder.

“At least he has good taste,” Kyung blurted at Donggun.

“Gee you two have to fight don’t you?”

“If they don’t then it will be you and Donggun-sshi.” Eric had just been told by the king.

“Alright hyung number two’s gift,” Lee-woo said handing him the box.

“Why am I not just hyung?”

“Because he has three hyungs,” Lee-woo stated before paying attention to Hwang.

“The…Jung is this some kind of the joke?!” The men all leaned in their seats until Hwang showed him.

“Is that…What I think it is?” Jae-son tried not to smirk. HoDong let out a loud laugh as everyone else joined in.

“T-this is too much,” Youngmin put the box away, his ears burning.

“At least your hot and steamy times will be fun and you don’t even need a light on.”

“Would anyone like any…?” The waitress stopped as the men kept laughing.

“Hey miss!” Kyung grabbed the box from Hwang, holding it so she could see, “want a glow in the dark ?”

“Umm I will come back later,” she left in a hurry.

“You can have it dongsaeng,” Youngmin said to him.

“What?” Kyung pressed the box into his hands, “I don’t need this. You do my dear hyung.”

“Well…” Youngmin couldn’t say anymore.

“Hey take them on your honeymoon,” Lee-woo suggested, “for when you decide to… You know.” He winked and Youngmin just sat in embarrassment.

“Ok who’s gift is next?”

“The final one I believe is Jae-son’s.” Youngmin looked at his hyung in amazement. He opened the envelope addressed to him. Everyone sat in anticipation as he looked at the contents. He lifted his head, his eyes moist.

“Hyung…” His voice was rasped from emotion.

“What did he get you?” Lee-woo peeked and then he too had to stare at Jae-son.

“It’s a college fund for your first born,” Jae-son began, “I know how much it means to you. So that’s for Soo-yoon to study wherever her heart desires if she makes the choice.” Youngmin put the paper back while nodding. He then got up and went over to Jae-son giving him a hug. Jae-son patted his brother on the back.

“Thank you,” Youngmin managed to say before having to wipe his eyes.

“OK!” Kyung declared, “More drinks!”

*************************************************************************************************************
LOL Donggun and Kyung. Seeing people drunk is pretty funny if it isn’t you. Sorry about the ual references these two are adults after all. I must confess for Youngmin’s embarrassing gift I actually wasn’t sure if it existed *CoughGooglecough* so that answered my question. And the wedding is definitely the NEXT chapter as in the one after this!