It's Not You

B.A.P One Shot's Series

Cast By :

Jung Daehyun

Kim Ji Hye (OC)

 

“Yah! Naega wasseo! (I’m coming!) Get my favorite cheesecake and my corner!” Daehyun shouted on the phone.

Youngjae put his iPhone away from his ear, preventing the sudden deaf. “Yah! I know and no need to shout you know! Am not deaf!” Youngjae shouted back. Daehyun put his iPhone away from his ear too on the other side.

“Don’t shout to me!” Daehyun keep blabbering. “This gonna be the special night, and I won’t owe Yongguk hyung again, tell him!” Daehyun giggled to himself, imagining of who would come to accompany him this evening.

Youngjae hissed, this babo. “Arasseo! (I understand!)” Youngjae shut his phone. This old friend was really wasted too much his time to talk with him, and there was still many costumers to be served!

 

***

 

“I’m coming!” Daehyun shouted and pushed the glass door happily that made some of the costumers glared at him. Youngjae almost loosed the ceramic mug which he wiped. Yongguk, the handsome cashier rolled his eyes. “Yah, just go to your place.” Yongguk said flatly.

Daehyun passed the cashier cabinet. “You know what I wanna order~ 2 chocolate gelato frappes, red velvet cheesecake, and-…”

“Oreo cheesecake.” Yongguk cut Daehyun’s words.

Daehyun nodded exaggeratedly and reached his favorite maroon sofa. He bumped his body on the sofa and slipped his hand on the little slit of the sofa’s garment then took out a thin drawing book from it. He took his pencil and opened its pages. He grinned at his sketches, it’s him with her. One of them is their first date. It was actually an unpredictable date.

Daehyun leaned his back onto the sofa, smiled and knocked his pencil onto his drawing book. He remembered when he confessed to her. Everything didn’t go smooth, she rejected him. But then that day, she called him to meet up in here. Yeah then she nodded, she said the most beautiful word to him. She said yes.

Daehyun knew the risk; Daehyun knew she might still love her ex, that bastard. He knew it. But do you know the power of love? Love can start everything and love can end everything, yet can blind everything. Daehyun got her heart! His sunbae in his university, but she had graduated already.

He rarely met her recently, he knew it exactly. She had just accepted in one of the biggest chemical industry company in Korea. She indeed needed to put all of her efforts into her job. He understood it. He flipped the pages over to new blank pages. He was about to draw the sketch, he felt his iPhone buzzed. He slipped his left hand to his jeans pocket quickly. Daehyun hoped it was her.

Daehyun looked at the screen. It was her! He opened the message quickly.

From : Ji Hye noona <3

I’m so busy, Dae. I don’t think I can come to you on time…

Daehyun released a heavy sigh then tried to smile.

It’s okay if you come late, I can wait for you. I don’t have assignments for tomorrow~

She replied it again.

From : Ji Hye noona <3

You don’t need to wait for me, I really can’t promise you anything…

Daehyun bite his thick lips.

I’m okay, noona. I’ll wait. Don’t worry.

Daehyun pressed the “send” button. He sighed. He put his iPhone onto the table. Then grabbed his pencil and started sketching the blank page.

He widened his eyes and smiled. He moved his pencil on the book and drew something on the page.

 

***

 

9 P.M.

Youngjae put the tray on the table, took the empty glass and plate, this was already his 2nd times taking all of the empty dishes.

“Don’t you go home?”

Daehyun looked at Youngjae awhile then looked at his iPhone screen. Still, no news from her. And he shook his head while stared at the plate of red velvet cheesecake, her favorite.

Youngjae sighed and stood up. “You know she’s busy, and she told you to go home since this evening.”

“I know.” Daehyun mumbled. Youngjae rolled his eyes. This fool was really blinded by love. Youngjae shook his head and walked away.

“Yoo Youngjae…”

Youngjae stopped and turned his back to face Daehyun. “Will she come?”

Youngjae released a deep sigh. “I don’t know. Maybe she won’t. It’s already 9, Dae. Go home. You have your morning class tomorrow.”

Daehyun stared at the empty seat in front of him. He shook his head. “Just a little bit more, Jae. I really miss her and we promised to meet here…” he rested his head on the top of the sofa.

Youngjae shook his head. Daehyun was so stubborn.

 

***

 

9.45 P.M.

“Yah Busan boy! We’re closing now!” Yong Guk shouted behind the cashier table.

“I know! Let me-..”

Buzz. He grabbed his phone in a blink of eye.

From : Ji Hye noona <3

My boss ordered me to go to Gwangju tonight for a business trip.

I’m sorry, Dae. We can meet later when I’m home, can’t we?

Once again I’m sorry for making you waiting.

 

Daehyun widened his eyes in disbelief, how can she-…

Daehyun rubbed his forehead, shut his eyes tightly then sighed.

It’s okay, baby. Take care! Good bye and see you very soon! ^^

 

Daehyun shoved his iPhone to his jeans pocket and stood up. “Youngjae, pack this cheesecake up.”

 

***

 

“I’m sorry, Minji-ya. I can’t.” Daehyun put up his bitter smile as he caressed her head. His eyes was full with guilt.

“O-oppa…” Minji hiccupped. “I have been liking oppa for 3 years… I- I…”

Daehyun pulled her into his warm embrace. He hugged her tight.

“I don’t want you to get hurt if we’re together, you know-…”

Minji nodded rapidly in his chest. “I- I’m sorry, oppa… I know I shouldn’t be like this. Y- you indeed love H-Ji Hye eonni.” Minji released the hug slowly and wiped her tears. “A-ah yeah, this is for oppa…” Minji shoved her hands into her handbag and took a pair of knitted gloves then handed it to Daehyun. Daehyun wasn’t brave enough to look into her reddened puffy eyes.

“Winter is coming nearer, oppa. Wear this, it will keep your hands warm.” Minji smiled weakly. “Once again, I’m sorry, oppa. I’m leaving now.” Minji waved her hands to Daehyun and walked away, left Daehyun alone in the park.

Daehyun lifted his face, and stared Minji’s back which was went further. “Sorry…” he mumbled.

He sat on the cold bench in the park. He grabbed his iPhone then typed numbers that he remembers out of his brain.

“I’m screwed up.” Daehyun rubbed his tense forehead then sighed. “Can you come here? I’m at the park near the university. Okay, see you. Thanks…” he slides his finger on the hang up icon then hanged his head low while knocked the corner of his iPhone to his forehead repeatedly.

After 15 minutes, a shoulder long haired girl appeared in front of him, gasped for air. “Aigoo, what’s now?” she inhaled and exhaled rapidly.

Daehyun stared at his only cousin in Seoul with his tired eyes, Jung Eunji. He felt too much burden to bear. He couldn’t stand it anymore.

Eunji sat beside Daehyun and patted his back. “Tell me, don’t hold it only by yourself…”

“I didn’t accept Minji’s confession…”

Eunji widened her eyes. “Mwo??!! S-she confessed to you?! And you rejected her?!”

Daehyun heaved a sigh and nodded, then rubbed his face. “I feel so guilty…”

“Is it because of her again?” Eunji asked sarcastically, with angers filled in each her words. She crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Daehyun nodded again. “I can’t-..”

“Can’t cheat on her? Can’t hurt her? Can’t let her go off your mind? Yah!! Wake up, Jung Daehyun! Open your eyes! She even left you! She doesn’t remember you and she doesn’t care about-..”

“Jung Eunji! Watch your mouth! Ji Hye noona is busy right now!”

“Daehyun you’re totally blinded by her! Open your eyes!” Eunji shouted in anger. “Look at yourself at the mirror! Oh, you don’t want to look bad in her eyes?! You’re pitiful, Daehyun! She does everything bad for you, she abandoned you! You always fight for this relationship. Have she ever made an effort for this relationship?! Never, Jung Daehyun, never!” she shouted her lungs out.

Daehyun’s mouth was shut up. He didn’t want to admit this, but this was undeniably true.

“So what should I do?” he mumbled in his tears.

“Talk to her, and end it all once she comes back.”

“E-end it? I can’t! It’s not that easy!”

“It’s up to you, it’s only if you want to get hurt and abandoned over and over again.”

Daehyun bowed his head down and sighed. “I’ll think about it.”

 

***

 

1 month later.

Buzz. Daehyun’s phone vibrated again. He stunned at the screen. It was her.

He slid his finger on the screen. “H-hello?”

“Daehyun, it’s me…”

Daehyun gulped, he didn’t know what to say. “N-noona…”

“How are you?”

Daehyun answered awkwardly. “I- I have been doing good…”

Ji Hye hummed as the reply. “How are you doing, Dae?” Daehyun bitter smiled. He even felt like “Dae” wasn’t even his favorite nickname from her anymore.

“I’ve b-been good… H-how about you?”

“I’ve been good too~ You know what, my boss will be promoting me-..”

“Noona…”

“E-eung?”

“I think you’ve changed…” She remained in silence, Daehyun couldn’t take it any longer. “Should we still have to continue this?”

She sighed deeply. “Jung Daehyun… I know that this will be happen.”

“I’ll give you 3 days, noona. I’ll come to your apartment 3 days again when I’m back from my fieldtrip. Don’t think about me, noona, just think about yourself… I’m okay with all of possibilities-..”

Ji Hye chuckled bitterly. “I’m really sorry, but you know, I’m disappointed…”

“Noona…”

 

***

 

Daehyun pressed the little bell on her apartment’s door. Then seconds later, a girl with white baggy blouse and black hot pants appeared. She was the person whom Daehyun used to miss a lot, and the person he used to want to hug the most. But now, everything just felt different, …and weird. He felt like he lost all of his power in his legs, and unusual beats in his heart. He felt like he just met a stranger. Emptiness filled both of their heart and brain.

“C-come in.” She coughed a little, tried to melt the cold situation.

Daehyun nodded, stiffly. He headed straight to the couch in front of the TV and sat. He took a look at the entire room, nothing has changed but he felt like he were in the another places, another time.

Ji Hye went to the kitchen then took 2 cans of oranges and brought to Daehyun, and sat beside him. They both sat in silence between them. Ji Hye opened her can and started to drink, she felt like was so dry, yet she couldn’t get words came out from .

“So, what’s the result?”

Ji Hye almost choked by herself, then rubbed with her backhand. “We can’t continue this, Dae. Maybe…” she looked to her feet. “I hurt you too much, don’t I?”

Daehyun was about to pen his mouth, but Ji Hye cut his words. “May I speak first and you listen to me?” she pleaded soullessly. Daehyun sighed and nodded.

“I think we shouldn’t continue this. To be very honest, I was always thought to leave and never come back. But I decided to come back, because I thought that leaving was rude. But… yeah, you told me that I have changed. Again, I was told like that. Maybe you don’t know how it feels like. When you disappeared because you were so busy and decided to come back for someone, but then they told you all of the sudden that you have changed.” She swallowed her saliva hardly. Daehyun smiled bitterly as he spinned his can with his fingers.

“I know that my disappearance made you felt insecure like we are a stranger. To be honest I don’t like it that you said I have changed. I better didn’t choose to come back than being told that I have changed. Why do you think I want to come back after I disappear? Why should I come back if you are not important to me?” tears fell on Ji Hye’s cheeks. Daehyun rubbed his face, all of this hit him right in his heart, messing him perfectly.

Ji Hye hiccupped. “I-I don’t think that we can continue this. Thank you for all memories you have given to me in our relationship. I hope you will find someone better than me…”

Teardrops fell on Daehyun’s cheeks, and he nodded. He smiled then bit his lower lip. “I still love you.”

Ji Hye looked up to him, although she couldn’t see him clearly, she knew she saw him smiling, sincerely. “W-why-…”

“Love makes us smile like idiots, makes us cry like crybabies, leaves nightmares, but you have to know that love also leaves the happiest memories we have ever had.” Daehyun smiled. “Isn’t it? I choose to be happy enough to live with the sweet memories. I don’t mind about its pains and hurts it has bought.”

Ji Hye wiped her tears and chuckled. “I love you too.”

Daehyun hugged her tight. “I love you, even more.”

 


Hey guys am back again OuO

ehm special thanks to Beetle122 for your support when your chubby partner having his broken heart xD -sincerely, your chuby partner ^^-