Be Happy

Be Happy

"So... how is she?" Baekhyun asks his best friend as soon as the two of them stopped laughing. 

"Who?" Chanyeol asked, tilting his head a little.

Baekhyun sips his coffee and looks away, "You know who."

Chanyeol nods, confirming he knows who Baekhyun was talking about, "Ah.... ______?"

Chanyeol pauses and waits for Baekhyun to look at him before continuing, "She's like that."

Baekhyun nods weakly and takes another sip of his coffee. Chanyeol sighs looking at his friend's respone. "She's better now...I guess... Atleast she doesn't burst off in tears everytime Kyungsoo and I mention your name anymore."

"That's a progress..." Baekhyun mumbled. Chanyeol nods slowly and awkwardly drinks his frappuchino. It has been 4 and half months since Baekhyun and _____ broke up. And every time he meets up with either Baekhyun or her, they'll ask about each other.

For him, it was easier if the two of them could meet up and end things properly, but the both of them rather spend time stalking each other on social media than actually talk for a minute or so.


"Yah! Are you listening?" Your housemate and childhood friend hits your head with a cushion, bringing you back to reality.

"Eung?"

She squints her eyes at you and looks at your handphone you were holding, "I was planning a freaking awesome girls night out and you're busy with your phone. What were you seeing anyway?"

She moves forward and attempts at snatching the phone from you.  You tried to prevent it from happening but she was much stronger and faster and now your phone is now in her hands.

After a glimpse at your phone, her face immidiately changes. Her wide grin that is usually displayed had turned into a sour expression. She puts the phone on a coffee table nearby and looks at you, "Stop. Unfollow him. Block him. Just stop."

"Soeun, I will but--" You were about to defence yourself when she cuts your sentence,

"No buts. And while you're at it, throw those pictures, teddybears and wilthered flowers out. The couple clothes too. Throw anything that has anything to do with him." 

You look away and shook your head slowly, "You know those things are precious to me. Plus, I spent a lot of money on those too."

You hear her sigh in dissappointment, "Then store it away until you can atleast accept that he's with Taeyeon now."

You didn't respond and sat there quietly. You heard another sigh and she touches your hand softly, "Let's pretend this talk never happened and continue planning that girls day out."

You smiled weakly and nodded, "Yeah. Ice cream is a must okay? A MUST."


"Aish...." A sigh escaped from Baekhyun's lips as he checks his instagram.

To other people, it might just be a typical thing for girls to post, but he knows better. Those cupcakes, aren't ordinary cupcakes. Those cupcakes are the exact same cupcakes they used to order everytime they went a date at on of their favourite cafes. And she doesn't even like strawberry that much. The one who had a love for strawberries were Baekhyun, not her.

He continued to scroll through her page, "Isn't that...."

He sighs one last time before exiting her page. He groans and throws his phone on the couch before leaving the living room.

The bear, was a gift from him on one of their trips to the theme park. Not only that, the glasses she was wearing actually belongs to Baekhyun.

"Paboya, forget me and find someone who will make you smile." Baekhyun mumbled as he poured a glass of water for himself.


"He...really deleted all of it." You said weakly as you put your phone aside. All of the photos of you and anything related to you was deleted from his instagram. But he didn't delete you nor unfollow you. You phone vibrates, the notification was for him liking your picture. He liked a picture of you and Kyungsoo the last time you met, a week ago. 

It was obvious he was going through your photos, but weirdly, he ignored the photos that you uploaded while thinking of him.

"He gets it....he gets the hint.." you mumbled. Somehow, you think he was telling you something but you just can't quite get it.

You continued to scroll through your news feed when suddenly you noticed a photo posted by Taeyeon yesterday.

"Well... I didn't notice this..."

Once again, you felt like a dagger was stabbing through your heart. You take a deep breath and liked her photo before unfollowing both Taeyeon and Baekhyun. You walked out of your room and called out for your housemate,

"Soeun! Soeun-ah!"

"What? I had to pause the drama I was watching becaus of you.." She popped out of her room with an unamused face.

"I'm going out, need anything?"

She immidiately smiled sweetly, "Ice cream juseyo~"

You roll your eyes and nodded, "See you later."

She did a thumbs up before disappearing into her room.


Baekhyun took his phone and walked out of his house and stopped at a nearby florist.

"Pink Hydrangeas?" The worker ask. She was familiar with Baekhyun as Baekhyun often buys flowers from her.

"Ah.." Baekhyun shook his head, "No..can you give me something with purple flowers?"

"Yes sure." 

Baekhyun said thank you and walked around the shop looking at the flowers. He stopped in front of the pink hydrangeas the florist mentioned before, it was ____'s favourite. He sighed and shook his head before walking back to the cashier area.


As soon as you get off the bus, you crossed your fingers hoping you wouldn't bump into Baekhyun. It took much courage for you to show up in this area, the area where you and Baekhyun use to spend time. 

You took a deep breath and started to walk towards your favourite accessory shop's direction.On the way there, you passed his favourite restaurant and thought you saw Taeyeon enter the restaurant. You shook your thoughts away, thinking you were imagining things again and walked away. 

You passed the cafe' you used to go to and debated to either buy their favourite drink or not. 

"So what if that reminds me of him.... I like it because it's delicious.." You mumbled as you pushed the cafe' door.


Baekhyun stood in front of their cafe' in that area. Unconciously, his eyes was searching for her at her favourite table beside the window, but she wasn't there. He exhaled a breath of relieve, "Ofcourse she's not here...."

It was not his choice to be here, Taeyeon wanted to taste the coffee he had constantly talk about. As Taeyeon was rarely in this area, she wanted to taste it. As soon as he entered the cafe', his eyes met with _____'s who was on her way out of the cafe'. To him, she didn't look that happy to see him there.

Baekhyun looked away and hid the flowers he was holding behind his back. 

She had pretend to not notice Baekhyun and walked past Baekhyun. Once he heard the bell ring indicating she had left the cafe', he turned around and watched her. She was taking it better than he thought it would be. She was expressionlessly walking away without even looking back. 

A bitter smile forms on Baekhyun's lips, "I guess, she finally moved on." 


"Thank you." You said with a smile as you took your coffee off the counter. That's when your eyes met with him. He didn't look that happy to see you there. A part of your already broken heart breaks even more looking at his expression.

'Look away.' You thought to yourself as you proceed to walk towards the door behind him. You noticed he had hid something behind his back and took a glance when you walked passed him.

'Purple flowers, Taeyeon likes any flower with the colour purple..' You immidiately looked away to lessen the pain you felt in your heart and walked out of the cafe'. Without turning back or taking glances at him, you walked away without any particular direction. You just wanted to get away from the cafe' as fast as you can. Your needs for a new pair of earrings has been completely forgetten as you walked towards the nearest bus stop.

To your luck, the bus arrived in matter of seconds. As soon as you sat on the bus, unknowingly, the tears you had hold back started to fall.

"Baekhyun-ah. Be happy."


You rushed into your room and quickly locked the door behind you. You were lucky you didn't bump into anyone with your puffy and red eyes on your way home and your housemate was carried away with her drama to notice you even got home. Without wasting any time like you used to, you took a box under your bed and emptied it. 

You took all the things that had to do with Baekhyun and put it into the box. Pictures, couple items, presents, everything. You sighed as you looked at the framed picture on your table, it was ridiculous to throw that as well since it was a picture taken during their school years along with Chanyeol and the others. 

You looked around and found a memopaper, you took it and cut it to the perfect size before sticking it on Baekhyun's face.

While cleaning, you couldn't help it but to sob as you went. After a few minutes, you ended up with two boxes. A box with the things you were going to throw and another with the things you would keep somewhere until you feel better. For no reason, you took a photo of the boxes and uploaded it with the caption,

'Starting now, it's a new me.'

You labeled the second box with 'B' and stored it under your bed. You pushed it a little further to make sure you can't reach it before you took the other box outside.

"What's that?" Your roommate who was sitting in the living room asked. From the TV that was pitch black and the softer tone she was using, you knew she heard you cry but was afraid to ask. Plus, maybe she had already found out from your instagram post.

"Trash." You answered with a bitter smile.

Your housemate nods before wordlessly hugging you, "Finally. Our _____ is back."

"Almost." You added returning her hug. 

Later that day, you checked your instagram and had found that Baekhyun commented on your photo,

"Be happy"

You smiled and mumbled, "I will."