The Nine Guardian Archers

The Nine Guardian Archers

May the Land of Sones be forever blessed with peace and harmony,
But if a time comes where evil rises up once again,
And the Land of Sones require our help,
We will arrive as fast as Lightning, but as gentle as Air,
With the ferocity of Fire and the brutality of Ice,
With the calmness of Nature and the firmness of Earth,
Whether in the Light of day or under the Dark of night,
We will ensure that evil will meet their Death...

These were the last words uttered by the nine guardian archers at their dying points, after the final battle in the Great War. Or so the legend goes...

Aeons ago, the Land of Sones fell into a dark age, when witches, necromancers and other evil rose up and terrorized the people living there. All hope was lost at first, but amongst the turmoil, nine girls decided to fight back. These nine girls trained themselves in the art of archery and by combining that with their special affinity with certain elements, they managed to rekindle the dying embers of hope in the people of the Land of Sones. The people came to refer to these nine girls as the Nine Guardian Archers and they believed that the nine girls would lead them to victory against the evil.

True enough, they won battle after battle and with each battle won, they gained more supporters and soon they had a sizeable army. The army called themselves the Pink Army and the banners they carried into battle were all pink with the words: "Embrace the Power of Nine" inscribed in gold on them.

With their guardian archers, the Pink Army fought all the way to the castle, where the leaders of the evil forces resided. They pushed all the way to the throne room, where the final battle took place. A messy, bloody fight ensued. Several days passed and finally the Pink Army emerged victorious. But victory came at a price, the nine had accumulated fatal wounds during the fight, but they had pushed on with pure willpower. With the battle over, they smiled and with their dying breaths they uttered those last words and then while holding hands, they passed away, one by one...

This was the legend that was passed down by word of mouth and recently through books and the internet. At the present, nobody really believed that it really happened, after all it was beyond the capabilities of science to explain the phenomena that occurred in the legend. In the present, everything was based on science and there was no room for legends if one wanted to succeed in life. Sure, it was good story to tell to your children when they have problems falling asleep, but that was about as useful as it could get.

Only nine girls knew otherwise and these nine girls have always been looking over the people of the Land of Sones, from above the clouds where they could not be seen, even after they had supposedly passed away...

"Hmpf... The people of the Land of Sones don't believe in us anymore..." A blonde haired girl muttered under her breath.

"Chill IceSica! It doesn't matter whether they still believe in us or not. What matters is that they are living in peace and harmony! That's what we the guardian archers of the Land of Sones wish for at our dying points, remember?" A short, irresistibly cute girl with shoulder length brown hair replied.

"Me chill? I'm Jessica Jung Sooyeon, Guardian Archer of Ice, and you're telling me to chill?" Jessica questioned, as she raised an eyebrow at her friend, while giving her and icy glare. Her friend just continued smiling like a dork, which made Jessica roll her eyes and sigh: "I guess you're right... It was our dying wish... Taetae, why you always right?"

"Because I'm Kim Taeyeon, Guardian Archer of Air, Leader of the Nine Guardian Archers!" Taeyeon replied, sticking her tongue out playfully at Jessica.

"Why did we ever agree that you would be the leader?" Jessica shouted in an exasperated tone, as she continued looking down at the Land of Sones, from the cloud that she was standing on.

"Because I didn't want to be the leader." A tall, slim girl with straight, long, black hair, replied, as she walked up behind Jessica and Taeyeon.

"Woah! Youngie! You scared me!" Taeyeon exclaimed in a shock. Jessica just let loose a high pitched shriek that could have ruptured the eardrums of the other two girls if they had not covered their ears in time.

"Well... Death creeps up on you when you least expect it..." Sooyoung replied with a mischievous grin. "And I'm Choi Sooyoung, Guardian Archer of Death."

Before either Jessica or Taeyeon could reply, there was a flash of bright light, followed by three arrows whizzing pass, just missing their heads by an inch each. "Im Yoona, Guardian Archer of Light coming through! What are you girls talking about, eh?" Yoona asked as she lowered her bow and walked to join the trio.

"Always the one to make a flashy entrance... Very bright of you..." Sooyoung commented sacarstically.

"Light is very bright! Hey, it rhymes!" Yoona replied, before bursting out in uncontrollable laughter. At this time, a girl with long, black hair and a tanned skin colour quietly joined the group and shook her head disapprovingly at Yoona.

"Once a choding, always a choding..." stated the girl who just joined the group.

"Why the dark expression? Oh right, you're Kwon Yuri, Guardian Archer of Dark! No wonder." Yoona teased Yuri, before laughing out loud again.

"Doesn't she realise no one else thinks that her jokes are funny?" Jessica wondered aloud.

"Obviously not..." replied another girl, who had just joined the group.

"SeoBaby, have you been crying? Why are you eyes so red?" Taeyeon asked, concerned for her friend.

"Well... I'm Seohyun, Guardian of Nature, so naturally I feel sad when I see that the people nowadays don't care about nature anymore. Th-Th-They just take what they need and never bother to replace what they take... They are destroying nature... They are destroying what I care most for..." Seohyun explained, as she started crying again.

"Aww... SeoBaby... It'll be okay... They'll understand what they have done eventually and they will regret it. Don't cry okay? If not I'll start crying too..." Taeyeon comforted Seohyun, as she wrapped her arms around Seohyun and hugged Seohyun.

All the other girls also joined in to say some comforting words, as it broke their hearts to see their friend crying. Even Yoona who was joking just a moment ago, also turned worried.

"Omo! Is our SeoBaby crying?" A short girl with short, blonde hair exclaimed as she and another girl who was slightly taller than her and had long, blonde hair, ran towards the group of girls.

"Yeah, she is... Because the people of the Land of Sones don't care about nature anymore..." Sooyoung explained to the two girls.

"They will pay for hurting our Seobaby! If not, my name is not Kim Hyoyeon!" Hyoyeon stated firmly.

"Hyo, relax! What can you do besides causing an earthquake? Miss Guardian Archer of Earth?" The short haired girl asked Hyoyeon.

"Well... I'll think of something... What will you do then? Sunny Lee, Guardian Archer of Lightning?" Hyoyeon retorted.

"Girls, please stop arguing! I'm okay already." Seohyun pleaded, as she wiped away her tears. Looking at Seohyun's red eyes and pleading expression, Sunny and Hyoyeon stopped arguing immediately.

Just then, a girl with short, black hair, ran towards the group and shouted: "Girls! Look down! I think the people of the Land of Sones are in trouble!"

"What?!! Tiffany, you're not joking right?" Taeyeon asked as she looked down, below the clouds.

"Why would I joke about something this serious? I'm Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, Guardian Archer of Fire, and I suddenly sensed A LOT of fire raging across the Land of Sones. If they aren't in trouble... I'll eat a bug." Tiffany replied, shivering slightly as she said the last word.

True enough, fire engulfed many parts of the Land of Sones. Battles were raging across the country and it seemed like the people of the Land of Sones were losing...

Meanwhile, at the headquarters of the Pink Army...

"Recon Squad Delta! Gimme a sitrep! Over!" The commander-in-charge of the Pink Army shouted through his walkie-talkie.

"General Justin! The situation is BAD! We are being surrounded and we have lost control of our major reservoirs. In fact, the enemy has pushed to within twenty kilometres of the headquarters! We are SCREWED! I repeat, WE ARE SCREWED!!! Ov---" The captain of Recon Squad Delta replied, his last word getting cut off by a huge explosion and silence ensued.

"That was very comforting..." General Justin muttered under his breath, as he massaged his temples in frustration.

His second-in-command, Colonel Oswald contemplated whether to voice his thoughts on the issue, as what he was about to say may make him sound really stupid. "Heck... We'll be screwed anyways... It's worth a try..." Colonel Oswald thought.

"General... Do you believe in the legend of the nine guardian archers?" Colonel Oswald asked in a careful tone.

"You mean the one where there were nine girls who led the Pink Army to victory in the Great War and promised to return if the Land of Sones was in deep trouble, like now?" General Justin replied.

"Yes that one." Colonel Oswald nodded in acknowledgement.

General Justin thought about it for awhile before saying: "Well... We are still called the Pink Army for traditional sake, but I think the legend is just a children's bedtime story."

"Well... We're gonna get screwed anyways... Why not pray and hope that it's true?" Colonel Oswald reasoned, looking at his commander in the eye.

General Justin looked at his subordinate and sighed: "You're right, I guess... It's worth a try... But I still can't believe we're resorting to this..."

The two soldiers laughed bitterly, as they walked out of the building and prayed to the skies above: "The Nine Guardian Archers of the Land of Sones, we need you girls right now! The Land of Sones is about to fall and the nine of you promised to return if we really needed you girls. At your dying points, you girls blessed our country to be forever with peace and harmony, but if a time comes where evil rises again, you girls would---"

The prayers of the two soldiers were interrupted as a bolt of lightning streaked across the sky, striking the ground in front of them, scaring the living daylights out of them. What surprised them even more was that a female archer, wearing a yellow cloak, appeared in front of them. Pulling back her hood, the girl said: "Yes, we promised we would arrive as fast as Lightning..."

A gentle breeze blew past and a female archer in a silver cloak appeared and said: "but as gentle as Air..."

Then, the air next to the silver cloaked girl, spontaneously combusted and a female archer wearing a pink cloak stepped out of the pink flame saying: "With the ferocity of Fire..."

Suddenly, the surrounding temperature dropped by ten degrees and an ice sculpture appeared next to the pink cloaked girl. As it melted, it revealed a female archer in a blue cloak, who continued: "And the brutality of Ice..."

After that, a sweet potato grew out of the ground and transformed into another female archer dressed in a green cloak. Her eyes were bloodshot and her stare full of hatred, but she stated in a calm tone: "With the calmness of Nature..."

Following, there was a slight tremor and a female archer with a brown cloak rose up from the earth. Lowering her bow, she stated firmly: "And the firmness of Earth..."

"Whether in the Light of day..." said a female archer in a white cloak, who had just appeared in a bright flash of light.

"Or in the Dark of night..." said a female archer in a black cloak, who had just stepped out of the shadows.

"We will ensure that evil will meet their Death..." said the last female archer, dressed in a grey cloak, who had just materialized in front of the rest.

General Justin and Colonel Oswald were understandably stunned for a moment and it took a while for them to comprehend what had just happened. When they finally digested the information, the dying embers of hope in their hearts were re-ignited once again and they warmly welcomed the nine female archers into their headquarters.

Once inside, the two soldiers and the archers introduced themselves to one another. Following that, General Justin informed the archers of their current predicament and updated the archers about modern technology, as it has been several centuries since they lived on earth.

There was a momentary silence as everyone sat back to think about how to get out of the sticky situation that they were in. Finally, General Justin broke the silence and asked: "How is it possible that you girls could return to earth? Didn't you girls die at the final battle of the Great War?"

"Well... That's not the important thing right now... We really should discuss how to defeat the enemy first. They are practically at our doorstep right now..." Taeyeon replied hesitantly. As if to reiterate Taeyeon's point, a huge explosion went off just a few kilometres from their location. "See what I mean?" Taeyeon added on.

General Justin nodded and made a mental note to ask them the same question later on. "So what do you girls think we should do? We are at our wits' end and our numbers are fast dwindling... At last check, we are down to five hundred combat fit personnel, probably less now. The enemy outnumber us at least fifty to one..." General Justin informed the girls.

"Sooyoung, what do you think is our best bet?" Taeyeon asked.

"Not sure. Need to know the entire situation first." Sooyoung replied.

"Seo-" Taeyeon started, but before she could continue, Seohyun cut in and said: "I'm on it."

Opening a window, Seohyun shouted: "Nature's Wisdom!" As she shouted, she nock, drew and released an arrow out of the window. The arrow arched high into air, shimmered and changed shape into an eagle soaring gracefully across the battlefield.

Seohyun told the group what the eagle could see as it flew across the battlefield and the situation was much worse than expected. The enemy had many squadrons of tanks, several artillery guns and a sizeable air force. They also had numerous infantry and anti‑air personnel. Luckily, the Land of Sones was located inland, far from the ocean, so there was no need to worry about a naval attack.

The Pink Army, on the other hand, was reduced to a few hundred infantry, a handful of tanks, no artillery guns, at most ten anti-air units and practically no air support. In other words, the situation was pretty much hopeless.

"So what do you think now, Sooyoung?" Taeyeon asked again.

Sooyoung thought about it thoroughly, calculating the death toll of all the possible courses of action they could take, for she could accurately predict who, when and how each death would occur for each action taken.

Finally she came to a conclusion and announced it: "Taeyeon will take care of the enemy's air force. Shouldn't be a problem for her as she can summon strong winds that would pretty much render the enemy's air force, ineffective. Sunny will act as support, striking groups of enemy down with lightning, whenever they threaten to overwhelm any allies. Yoona and Yuri, you two go and destroy the enemy's artillery guns and try to cut off their supply line. Do whatever you two can to disrupt their support for the front line troops. General Justin, split whatever is left of the Pink Army into four groups and each of them will be led by either Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun or Hyoyeon to fight against the ground enemy approaching each direction. As for me... I'll be supporting the rest of you with Sunny, while I watch out for any changes in the situation. Let's first aim to push back the enemy to thirty kilometres from here. Any changes to the plan I'll inform you girls through our telepathic links and those closest to General Justin and Colonel Oswald can pass the message on. Any objections or questions?"

The girls and Colonel Oswald shook their heads, indicating that they had no questions or any objections. General Justin had one and he questioned Sooyoung: "What do we do after pushing the enemy back? Assuming we manage to."

Sooyoung looked at him and replied: "We WILL push them back. After that, we WILL push to THEIR headquarters and teach whoever is in charge that no one messes with THE Pink Army. But how we are going to achieve that, we'll discuss later, for I prefer taking things one step at a time."

Looking into Sooyoung's eyes, General Justin saw how serious Sooyoung was and he gulped nervously before he nodded in acknowledgement. "I'll go inform the troops now." General Justin told Sooyoung, bowing slightly as he left the room. Colonel Oswald bowed slightly as well before following after his superior.

"Girls, let's get the party started!" Taeyeon shouted enthusiastically, before she summoned a cushion of air to fly her out of the window and up into the sky. Sunny and Sooyoung climbed up to the roof of the building and readied their weapons as they scanned for any sign of distress in the Pink Army's defence.

Seohyun led the first quarter of the remaining Pink Army, along with General Justin and Colonel Oswald, towards the north direction. This quarter of the Pink Army was made up of the most elite of the remaining soldiers, since they were going to face the enemy's main attacking force coming from the north.

Jessica, Tiffany and Hyoyeon led the second, third and fourth quarters of the Pink Army, respectively, with Jessica's quarter facing the west attacking force, Tiffany's quarter facing the east, and Hyoyeon's quarter facing the south.

Meanwhile, Yoona and Yuri set off towards the locations of the artillery guns. In the light of day, Yoona's speed was greatly enhanced and she could practically move at the speed of light towards her destination. Yuri, however, just waited till Yoona was at their destination, before she teleported through the shadows and stepped out of the darkness of Yoona's shadow.

Through their telepathic link, Yuri informed the rest: "We are in position behind the nearest artillery squad. We have not been spotted yet. Proceeding to annihilate target."

Sooyoung replied: "Copy that."

Taeyeon added on: "Good luck and have fun!"

"Those artillery guns look like cannons in the old days, don't they?" Yuri asked Yoona, as she reminisced the good old times.

"They sure do... And just like old times, we are the ones who will take them out!" Yoona replied, grinning.

"Just like old times..." Yuri agreed as she released an arrow at the artillery squad. "Black Hole." Yuri whispered and the arrow transformed into a black hole as it arched towards the target, up the artillery guns, personnel and everything else within a fifty metres of it. Where all of it goes, no one knows, but one thing is for sure... They would not be coming back...

"Hey! I wanted to destroy the first one..." Yoona pouted. Yuri just rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at Yoona. Yoona stuck out her tongue back at Yuri and dashed off to their next target, as she shouted: "Catch me if you can!"

"Whatever..." Yuri mumbled under her breath as she teleported through the shadows.

By the time Yuri stepped out of the shadows, Yoona had already sent an arrow flying towards their second target. "Supernova." Yoona shouted and immediately the arrow exploded like a supernova, completely obliterating everything within fifty metres. "Now we're even!" Yoona told Yuri with a smug expression on her face.

Yuri just shook her head and sighed: "Im choding strikes again."

To that, Yoona cheekily replied: "I'm Im choding and proud of it!" Yoona laughed and dashed off once again, leaving Yuri behind. Yuri smiled to herself as she thought: "I guess that's her charm..."

In this way, Yoona and Yuri managed to destroy all the artillery squads and the enemies food and water supply. Yoona reported their success to the rest of the girls: "Mission accomplished! Artillery down, supplies non-existent!"

Sooyoung replied: "Good job. Return to provide support."

Yoona answered: "Okay! Coming over in a flash!" Just then, Yoona spotted a sizeable amount of enemy reinforcement marching towards the headquarters to provide support to the front line troops, who are failing miserably at defeating one seriously angry Seohyun. "Actually, we'll go take care of the enemy reinforcements first." Yoona told the other girls.

"Noted. Be careful." Sooyoung replied.

Yoona and Yuri turned to each other, both grinning widely. "Let's use that." Yuri suggested. Yoona nodded in agreement, knowing what Yuri was suggesting even before she suggested it.

With that, the two archers left their hiding place and walked right in front of the enemy reinforcements and called them to stop. The commander of the reinforcements climbed out of his tank and looked at the two girls and laughed.

"Two GIRLS planning to stop a whole battalion of tanks and infantry armed with assault rifles and submachine guns, with just bows and arrows?!! Who are you kidding?" The commander questioned.

"We're girls, so what? And we have special powers too!" Yoona shouted at the commander.

"Girls are weak and meant to listen to men and do everything they are told to, not run around freely and threaten a battalion with bows and arrows. And I'm totally frightened about your special powers... Oh wait, there's no such thing as special powers!" The commander replied, laughing loudly.

"ist..." Yuri was pissed off, barely managing to stop herself from swearing. She took a deep breath and told the commander: "Heed our advice, turn back and you'll live, do otherwise and you'll die without a proper burial..."

"Heed MY advice... Since you two are pretty hot, why don't you put down your weapons and join me in the tank? We can have some fun together... If you know what I mean..." The commander suggested, rubbing his hands in anticipation of the awesome time he would have with two hot girls.

"That's enough! You asked for it, ERT! And your battalion will pay for it as well..." Yuri informed the commander, as she nock and drew. Next to her, Yoona mirrored her actions.

The commander was still laughing and fantasizing when Yoona and Yuri simultaneously released their arrows and shouted: "BIG BANG!!!" As the two arrows sailed across the sky, they combined into one and transformed into a huge black hole which up everything within a radius of five kilometres. By then, Yoona and Yuri had already evacuated to a safe distance away to watch the second part of the attack.

After everything within its range, the black hole swelled up and with a deafening bang, it exploded into an expanding ball of pure light that completely annihilated anything in its path. After the light faded off and the dust settled, all that was left was empty ground for fifteen kilometres, in all directions, from the centre of the blast.

"Reinforcements neutralised." Yuri reported.

"Good job. Now come back and provide support." Sooyoung replied.

"We'll be back before you know it!" Yoona replied.

While Yoona and Yuri were attacking the backline...

Despite her enthusiastic exterior, Taeyeon was actually feeling quite nervous. To get over her nervousness, she flew around in the sky, letting the air currents carry her along and took in a deep breath to calm herself down. Once she was calm, she closed her eyes and concentrated on the fluctuations in the air around her, slowly getting accustomed to what was normal. This way, once there was any changes in the fluctuations, she would immediately detect it and know that there was an enemy aircraft approaching.

Her eyes still closed, she readied an arrow and held it at full draw, allowing her to release it towards any direction, instantly. Then, she released it at the exact moment an enemy aircraft came within twenty kilometres of her position. As the arrow flew towards the incoming aircraft, she whispered: "Air of the Raging Eagle."

Immediately, her arrow was enveloped by huge amounts of compressed air that formed into a shape of an eagle and when it collided with the enemy fighter jet, it smashed the jet into smithereens and continued raging on to the next target within Taeyeon's detection radius. She let loose a few more arrows like the first and before long she had ten eagles flying around, wreaking havoc to the enemy's air force.

Thinking that her eagles were sufficient to keep the enemy air force at bay, Taeyeon turned towards Sooyoung and flashed a thumbs-up sign at her. For a moment she was puzzled as to why Sooyoung had a concerned expression. She was even more surprised when Sooyoung shot an arrow, which embedded itself in her chest.

From Sooyoung's point of view, she could clearly see an enemy fighter jet skilfully dodging the eagles and manoeuvring into a position to get a clear shot at Taeyeon. Without a second thought, Sooyoung shot an arrow and Taeyeon and shouted: "Death Defy!" The arrow glowed grey and as it pierced through Taeyeon's chest, it enveloped Taeyeon in a similar glow just as the fighter jet released its barrage of bullets at her.

"Taeyeon! Behind you!" Sooyoung shouted at Taeyeon through their telepathic link.

Due to the protection of the grey glow, Taeyeon was invulnerable for a minute, which was why she did not feel the impact of the bullets which were harmlessly repelled by the grey glow. Hearing Sooyoung's warning, Taeyeon turned around to see the jet firing at her and she realised guiltily that she had let down her guard too early.

"Thanks for the protection! I owe you one, Youngie!" Taeyeon replied as she released an arrow at the jet, shouting: "Air Void!" This caused the immediate vicinity of the jet to become void of air temporarily, including the area inside the jet, which killed the pilot via asphyxiation and without a pilot to control it, the jet went crashing towards the ground.

"No problem, it's my job. But I won't mind if you cook a delicious meal for me later... Oh and don't let your guard down again. Got it, Taetae?" Sooyoung told her leader.

"Got it. Chat with ya later then!" Taeyeon cheerfully replied and Sooyoung could only shake her head in wonder as to how her leader always manages to stay in such a happy mood all the time. "Heck who cares... What I care is that I'm going to have a sumptuous meal later on!!!" Sooyoung thought as she laughed to herself, before turning her attention back to the battle field.

Next to Sooyoung, Sunny would shoot arrows at the enemy whenever any of them threatened to injure her allies. As the aforementioned arrows arched gracefully across the sky, Sunny would whisper the words: "Heavenly Strike" and the arrow would fly towards her target as fast as lightning and from the heavens, a bolt of lightning would strike down at her target, killing the target and pretty much everyone else within ten metres of the intended target.

Looking up, she saw that Taeyeon managed to hold the enemy air force back, as the enemy pilots knew that they would probably die if they went within twenty kilometres of Taeyeon. However, those who dared to risk their lives, still managed to inflict severe damage on the Pink Army and one would have killed Taeyeon if Sooyoung had not saved her. Realizing this, Sunny suggested to Taeyeon: "Let's use our combination attack to get rid of the enemy air force completely."

"Sounds like a good plan! Let's do it." Taeyeon answered readying an arrow at full draw. Seeing the action, Sunny readied her own and both of them released their arrows towards the sky. As the arrows flew along their trajectory, the two archers shouted: "Thunderstorm!"

Lightning streaked across the sky, strong winds howled, as the arrows generated a devastating thunderstorm. Some fighter jets and helicopters were dropping out of the sky as their pilots lost control of them in the turbulent winds, while others exploded in midair due to lightning strikes. The entire air force was practically wiped out within minutes and the survivors never dared to return, as the thunderstorm raged on with Taeyeon's eagles still flying around, now greatly empowered by the storm winds.

The two archers smiled at each other and turned their concentration back to the battlefield. Sunny continued raining lightning strikes on the enemy, while Taeyeon looked on the see if there was any chance for her to unleash a combination attack with any of the other girls.

While the battle in the sky raged, on the ground...

Seohyun knew that the enemy was coming before they came into view, for she could hear the whispers of the trees that were scattered sparsely across the battlefield. They told her of how their kind was ruthlessly murdered by these humans and asked her to avenge them. A murderous glint appeared in Seohyun's eyes as she silently vowed to make them pay for disrespecting the beauty of nature.

"Guardian Archer Seohyun, our scouts has reported that the enemy is approaching us. They have tanks, machine guns and rocket launchers, we only have assault rifles... Also they outnumber us by almost hundred to one..." General Justin informed Seohyun, politely.

"I know. The trees told me before your scouts even left." Seohyun replied, her expression blank and unreadable. "And you can just call me Seohyun, no need to be so formal." Seohyun added on with a smile.

"Okay." General Justin answered. There was a momentarily pause before he smiled and told Seohyun: "You should smile more. You're very pretty when you do..."

Seohyun laughed bitterly and looked at the general in the eye: "How can I smile when I see my beloved nature in ruins? Do you know the feeling seeing something you treasure destroyed at the hands of the people you swore to protect? DO YOU?!!"

Those around Seohyun were shocked as she shouted out the last two words. Her words were full of hatred and her expression was dark. General Justin cleared his throat nervously before he carefully promised to make sure that the people of the Land of Sones will make the restoration of nature their top priority after the war was over. To that promise, Seohyun calmed down slightly and warned: "You better keep your words, or I might just snap and do what I'm going do to the enemy to you..."

General Justin could only nod vigorously as he nearly peed in his pants. He then turned his attention back to the front, just as the frontline of the enemy's army came into view. To his left side, Seohyun was already holding her bow at full draw and to his right, Colonel Oswald had raised his rifle up. With a sigh, General Justin shouted: "Weapons up! CHARGE!!!"

As the Pink Army was about to charge towards certain death, Seohyun shouted: "STOP!!! Let me show you the true power of nature before you attack." Her voice was clear and her tone commanding, no one dared to disobey and they just quietly stood their ground, waiting for the Guardian Archer of Nature to make the first move.

Seeing that the Pink Army were not about to recklessly charge at the enemy anymore, she walked forward, bow raised, arrow drawn and announced to the enemy: "Destroyers of Nature! FEEL THE FULL FORCE OF NATURE'S FURY!!!" With that, she released a barrage of arrows at the enemy, releasing thirty arrows within half a minute.

"Revenge of the Weeds! Vengeance of the Trees! Revival of the Extinct!" Seohyun shouted, as her arrows sailed elegantly across the sky towards the enemy. Instinctively, the enemy soldiers raised their guns to shield themselves from the hail of arrows, but the arrows completely missed them, embedding themselves harmlessly in the ground, or so they thought. Some laughed at the archer's apparent lack of accuracy, but their laughter was cut short as tendrils of weeds grew out of the ground, wrapping themselves around their surprised victims, crushing them to death and flinging the corpses unceremoniously away before searching for their next targets. Seohyun grinned deviously as she saw the first enemy getting killed. "Girls, I have drawn first blood..." Seohyun informed her fellow archers via telepathy.

The trees that were spread out across the battlefield all started moving and they exacted their revenge on the enemy troops by crushing some under their massive roots and flinging others to their deaths, by a flick of their branches. Those in the tanks thought they were safe, but they were wrong...

The earth shook and from the depths of the earth, animals that were once extinct climbed out fully energized and ready to rampage across the lands once more. Tyrannosaurus Rex, sabre-toothed tiger and other deadly predators that used to roam the earth were alive and ready to kill once again. The tanks stood no chance against the massive Tyrannosaurus Rex, which easily picked them up with its massive jaws and flung them high into the sky, where Taeyeon's eagles easily ripped them apart.

Blood splattered and bodies were ripped apart, for these creatures which had risen from the dead just kept coming back even after they were killed again and again. The enemy army stood no chance against nature's fury, but the commander knew that to stand any chance of survival, they had to kill the mysterious archer who had summoned all these. As he rallied his troops for one last push to attempt to slay the archer, he shouted into his walkie-talkie: "Battalion Alpha to Base Camp! We are overwhelmed by strange forces! Requesting immediate reinforcements! We are down to our last hundred men and we have lost all tanks!"

"Reinforcements are on their way." Base Camp replied, its commanding officer decided to send support, regardless of the fact he did not believe in 'strange forces', but the very fact that his main attacking force was reduced to one hundred men worried him greatly.

"Erm... Seohyun? Do we attack now?" General Justin asked cautiously, afraid to anger Seohyun who as he could see was VERY powerful.

Seohyun thought about it and then answered: "It's okay, just stay back and watch the show. The enemy is about to be wiped out anyways." General Justin nodded and breathed a sigh of relief, glad that he was still in one piece.

"Do I scare you that much?" Seohyun inquired, looking at the general.

With her attention back on him, General Justin got nervous once again and stuttered: "Y-Y-Yes... Y-Y-You're v-v-very scary when you're angry..."

Seohyun giggled and with a softer expression on her face she told the general: "Relax! I'm not THAT scary once you know me better! Besides, I'm in a happier mood now that I've vented some of my anger on the enemy..."

General Justin nodded nervously and turned his attention back to the one-sided battle occurring just a distance in front of him. Suddenly, there was a huge flash of light that was followed by a huge bang, which seemed to have originated from somewhere behind the enemy lines.

"And that was your reinforcements neutralised by my comrades Yuri and Yoona in a big bang!" Seohyun shouted, informing the enemy battalion commander, who was one of the few survivors left. She could see the resignation in his eyes, as he knew that all hope was lost, but he had courage and Seohyun acknowledged it, for he had fought bravely to his death, unlike some of his other subordinates who immediately turned and fled once they knew that reinforcements were not coming. Not that they got very far before either the weeds, trees or revived animals got to them...

Above Seohyun, a thunderstorm raged and she smiled, knowing that the battle was almost over. "I wonder how the others are doing..." Seohyun thought as she flashed a smile at her leader. Taeyeon smiled back and went to check on the rest to see if they needed help.

As the battle to fend off the main attacking force started, so did the other battles...

Facing the west, Jessica and her troops raised their weapons as the west flanking force came into view. Jessica had told the Pink Army to wait for her to unleash her attacks before charging in, so they waited patiently for her to initiate the attack.

"Hail of Arrows! Hypothermia!" Jessica shouted as she let loose her arrows at the enemy. Her hail of arrows literally became hailstones as they rained down on the enemy, cracking open skulls, instantly killing their targets. Those who did not get hit by hail, were inflicted with hypothermia, rendering them a helpless shivering target for the Pink Army, who had begin their attack, firing away at the now helpless hypothermic enemy.

Tanks however, were a different story, but Jessica was not alone for Sunny was on the roof of the headquarters acting as support. The tanks had no time to fire at her and the Pink Army before bolts of lightning them from the heavens, completely destroying them and those unfortunate enough to be in their immediate vicinity.

"Thanks Sunny!" Jessica happily thanked her friend for the support. "Now I don't need to think about how to destroy the tanks!" She added on, giggling.

"You're welcome, IceSica!" Sunny replied through their telepathic link.

As the battle continued, Jessica realised that even though the enemy were mostly unable to attack due to their hypothermia, the Pink Army was soon running out of ammunition to kill the targets and it was not a good idea to walk up to the enemy and stab them with daggers, for they may still be able to fight hand to hand even in their current state.

Jessica pouted as she looked up to see if her leader was free to help. She saw Taeyeon and Sunny release their combination attack at the enemy's air force and a thunderstorm was created, turning the enemy's air force into scrap metal. She then saw Taeyeon smile at Sunny and at someone else, presumably Seohyun from the direction Taeyeon was facing. "Hmm... I guess Seohyun has already defeated the enemy's main attacking force. Expected of her, after all she is the strongest, since her affinity is Nature, which is pretty much the rest of our affinities combined in addition to a control over anything that is or was a living thing." Jessica thought.

"Hey Taetae! A little help here! Let's use our combination attack!" Jessica asked Taeyeon, telepathically.

"Got it! Coming over now!" Taeyeon replied, as she flew towards Jessica's location.

While waiting for Taeyeon, Jessica told the Pink Army to save their ammo and retreat to a safe distance away. Once the Pink Army was safe and Taeyeon had reached, the two archers released their arrows at the already freezing enemy and uttered a single word: "Blizzard"

Strong, icy winds were generated as the surrounding temperature dropped to subzero and ice particles formed in the wind, slicing everything in their path as they flew around in the wind. A full scale blizzard was summoned and it signalled the start of the icy demise of the west flanking force, for when it died down, not a single soul was left alive.

As the western flanking force froze, the eastern flanking force burned...

The eye-smiling, joyous Tiffany, who was still joking around and chatting with the soldiers of the Pink Army, suddenly turned serious, menacing to some, once the eastern flanking force was sighted. She told the soldiers to wait for her signal before attacking and they nodded, raising their rifles, expressions serious, as they waited for Tiffany's signal.

Tiffany took in a deep breath as she prepared to unleash her most powerful attack, which she had not used for centuries. As the enemy closed the gap between both armies, she loaded five arrows on her bow, raised it and released the five arrows at the enemy, as she whispered: "Blue Flames of Hell"

Blue flames sprung from the arrows and started burning across the landscape, incinerating those who had the misfortune to stand in its path, even tanks combusted on contact with the flames. As the flames ravaged the enemy, Tiffany signalled the Pink Army to attack while the enemy was still in disarray.

The enemy was reduced into a chaotic mess as mass panic spread through the soldiers for they were under constant fire from both the Pink Army and the unearthly blue flames that never seemed to die down. Those who were composed enough, fled for their lives running back to report the devastating situation that had befallen upon them. One sniper, however, managed to climb up a tree and locked on to Tiffany in his sights...

"TIFFANY!!! WATCH OUT FOR THE SNIPER!!!" Sooyoung screamed through their telepathic link, causing Tiffany to wince slightly in pain as she scanned the area for the hidden sniper. It was too late, the sniper had pulled the trigger, just as Tiffany spotted him. Smiling sadly, she shook her head, laughing bitterly as she thought: "What a stupid way to die..."

As the bullet sped through the sky towards Tiffany's head, she felt a presence appear behind her and the whizz of an arrow leaving a bow. "Death Reversal" a familiar voice uttered just as both the arrow and the bullet pierced through her head. Tiffany saw the arrow exit her head and fly towards the sniper, killing him instead.

"YAH! Tiffany Hwang Miyoung! DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!! I just got freaked out by Taeyeon, now you too? The both of you better learn to NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!!!" Sooyoung reprimanded.

Tiffany gave Sooyoung an eye-smile and hugged her concerned friend and said: "I'm sorry for worrying you... I promise it won't happen again! Thanks for saving me! How can I ever repay you?"

Sooyoung softened her tone and told Tiffany: "You're lucky I can teleport to people who are on the verge of dying and that I can cause deaths to be reversed, making the killer killed instead of the target... Anyways, I'm support, so I'm supposed to watch your back. And there is no need to repay me, just don't give me another heart attack... Or learn how to cook from Taeyeon and make me some nice food next time!"

The two girls laughed at Sooyoung's overwhelming love for food, before Sooyoung returned to the roof of the headquarters and Tiffany rejoined the attack against the fleeing eastern flanking force. After chasing for a few kilometres, Tiffany decided that they had pushed the enemy back far enough and ordered them to retreat back to the headquarters.

A thunderstorm raged overhead and Tiffany asked Taeyeon: "Wanna give the fleeing enemy a parting gift?"

"Let's do it!" Taeyeon replied, flying over to Tiffany location. As they released their arrows, they shouted: "Whirlwind of Blue Flames!"

Those who had not escaped fast enough were engulfed in a whirlwind of swirling blue flames that chased down the fleeing enemy. Only a handful who had fled from the start managed to reach the safety of their base camp, anyone else who tried escaping after the flaming tornado was summoned, did not live to see another day.

Meanwhile at the southern side of the headquarters..

"Wow that was fast... SeoBaby has already drawn first blood..." Hyoyeon commented to the soldier standing next to her. "And our enemy is still missing in action... Guess they have to march quite a distance to attack us from the south since their base camp is in the north." Hyoyeon added on.

"Yeah, sure looks like it." The soldier replied, before asking: "When the enemy comes, what do you want us to do?"

Hyoyeon contemplated for a while before she answered: "Just stay back until I tell you guys to open fire." The soldier nodded and relayed Hyoyeon's instructions to the rest of them. On the horizon, the enemy army finally appeared and with a grin, Hyoyeon told her allies: "Let's Dance!"

True to her words, Hyoyeon seemed to dance as she took each arrow from her quiver, nock, drew and released them in one fluid motion. Even as the arrows left the bow, them seemed to arch across the sky like a ballerina jumping gracefully across the stage. To say that her 'dance' was beautiful was a total understatement for words could not describe the scene that had just unfolded in front of the Pink Army's eyes.

Hyoyeon uttered a single word: "Fissure." The arrows hit the ground in front of the enemy, causing the earth to crack and separate on impact. The earth shook as it shifted and broke apart, swallowing infantry and tanks alike into the depths of its endless abyss. When the dust settled, less than half of the enemy force remained and they were separated by massive cracks in the earth.

"Now hit them hard before they regain their bearings!" Hyoyeon shouted as she released a few more arrows, killing a few more unfortunate souls who never knew what hit them. Hearing her command, the Pink Army opened fire on the enemy who were still regaining their senses and trying to regroup while not falling into the cracks in the earth.

Taking a break from the fight, Hyoyeon noticed the thunderstorm overhead, the flaming whirlwind to the east and the brutal blizzard to the west. Just then Taeyeon flew over and questioned: "Want to kick up some dust?"

"Isn't it a bit of an overkill?" Hyoyeon asked back and Taeyeon just raised an eyebrow at her. "To hell with that! Let's ROCK!" Hyoyeon continued as she grinned widely.

Together, they shouted: "Sandstorm." Two arrows left their bows and hit the ground amongst the enemy. Soon, strong winds whipped up the bits of earth and a massive sandstorm raged. The few survivors left never stood a chance as they got overwhelmed by the sandstorm, which made breathing impossible, for every breath taken would cause dust particles to enter one's respiratory system, slowly but surely suffocating the person.

The severely one-sided battle ended within hours with the Pink Army and Guardian Archers victorious and they all returned to the headquarters with smiles on their faces. Once in the meeting room, however, everyone turned serious again, for they had to decide what would the next step be.

By this point in time, those enemy soldiers who managed to return to their base camp in the outskirts of the city, radioed their superiors and informed them of the catastrophic loss. Their superiors could not believe what they heard, but when they sent a UAV to recon the area, they had no choice but to acknowledged the fact that their attacking force had been completely massacred and totally wiped out.

Immediately, they mobilized troops from the surrounding cities to mount another attack on the Pink Army's headquarters. These troops were ordered to set off at daylight the following day, for most of the troops had been fighting for months and they needed a well-deserved rest. Those at the base camp, were ordered to retreat back to the capital city of the Land of Sones that had already fallen in enemy hands.

This was of course unknown to those in the Pink Army headquarters, who had just started their meeting. Naturally, Taeyeon, the leader, spoke up first and she praised everyone for a job well done. "So what's the next step, Youngie?" Taeyeon asked.

Sooyoung, the team's strategist, let the countless number of possible situations play out in her mind at high speed before she replied: "Tonight, under the cover of darkness, Yuri, and I will ensure that not a single enemy soldier is left alive in the Land of Sones. Tomorrow morning, Seohyun will go straight to the enemy's headquarters to challenge the entire army, one against the whole army to finish them off once and for all."

"S-Seriously?" General Justin and Colonel Oswald blurted out, staring incredulously at Sooyoung. Sooyoung just smirked and nodded.

"I have one question though... Why is it that the Pink Army's headquarters is situated in a place surrounded by grass fields and the occasional forest? It even has a sweet potato plantation right next to it. Shouldn't it be situated at the capital of the country where the leaders live, so that the army can better protect them?" Sooyoung inquired.

"After the Great War ended, the Land of the Sones was divided into nine major cities, each named after one of the nine Guardian Archers, with the two cities named after Taeyeon and Seohyun, surrounded by the other seven. Since then, the city of Taeyeon became the capital of the Land of Sones, where the leaders of the country reside. On the other hand, the city of Seohyun, which has been designated a nature reserve, hence the abundance of nature in this city, became the military capital of the country. It is believed that, keeping this city in its natural state and planting sweet potatoes, the favourite plant of Seohyun, will bless the Pink Army with her powers in battle, for she is known to be the most powerful Guardian Archer." General Justin told the girls.

"I thought no one believed in us anymore?" Seohyun asked, visibly puzzled, like the rest of her fellow archers.

"We didn't believe in you archers anymore, but it was a tradition passed down from generation to generation and I believe that in every citizen of this country has a part of their hearts that always wished that the legend was true. In fact, whenever we faced any hardships, the first thought in our minds would be the legend, but we always laughed it off as a joke, not knowing that you archers were always watching us from above." General Justin replied. "Oh and can we now know how you girls survived the Great War?" General Justin added on.

"We honestly have no idea... The castle was are crumbling so we told the Pink Army to leave us and save themselves as we were going to die anyways. Holding back tears, they left after listening to our last words. Then, everything went black and we thought we had died. However, when we opened our eyes, we were still in the crumbling castle and very much alive. We don't know what happened but we decided that if the heavens decided to give us a second chance, we would make good use of it, so we escaped just in the nick of time and made our home above the clouds. We decided to watch quietly from above, since we promised only to return in times of need. How we managed to retain our youthful looks and not die of old age, is still a mystery to us..." Taeyeon added. Most of the other girls nodded acknowledging the fact, expect for Seohyun and Sooyoung.

Seohyun spoke up: "It was Sooyoung's doing, I sensed her using her powers to alter the course of nature at our dying points, but we decided not to tell the rest of you, for it felt like we were cheating death and that it not something to be proud off."

All eyes turned to Seohyun and Sooyoung, looks of surprise on their faces. Taking a deep breath, Sooyoung proceeded to explain what she had done at the final moments of the Great War: "Grabbing on to my arrow, I whispered 'Dying Wish', which grants the dying wish of the arrow's holder. I wished that we would remained at our strongest for eternity, so that we could always return to protect the Land of Sones and fulfil our promise. That's why after we died, the wish was granted, so we were revived and we remained at our strongest, or in other words, we remained youthful, for so long."

"So now that everyone knows the truth, I would like to ask what happened to the leaders of the country." Seohyun added on, after giving everyone else some time to digest the information Sooyoung had just told them.

To her question, General Justin answered: "They have been safely evacuated from the capital and are now safely hiding in a cave in the icy mountain range in the outskirts of the city of Jessica. There are enough resources in the cave to let them survive for months and it'll take longer than that for the enemy to search the mountains for them."

"The time to bring them back is approaching. Battling against an enemy without magic is so easy!" Sunny said, laughing.

"Yeah, we can totally overpower them and they have no way to counter our attacks." Hyoyeon agreed.

"Anyways, it is getting dark already, isn't it time for Youngie and Yuri to set off?" Yoona asked.

"Looks like it." Jessica replied as she looked out of the window, watching the last rays of the sun disappear below the horizon.

"Well good luck then!" Tiffany wished the two with a bright eye-smile.

"Thanks! We'll be back before you know it!" Yuri replied with a smile.

"Yuri, you take the cities of Yuri, Yoona, Sunny and Hyoyeon and I'll take care of the rest." Sooyoung told Yuri and Yuri nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"I'll be off then!" Yuri said as she jumped out of the window, summoning the shadows below to cushion her fall. Like Yoona in light, Yuri has enhanced speed in the dark and in a blink of an eye, she had disappeared from sight.

"I guess I'll take my leave too..." Sooyoung said as she teleported away to her destination, ready to claim the souls of those who dared disrupt the peace and harmony of the Land of Sones.

"I'll set off as well, since it'll take me a while to reach the capital of the enemy's country to confront the head of command of their army." Seohyun said as she metamorphosed into a peregrine falcon, the fastest animal on earth, and took off into the skies.

As the sun sank below the horizon, all the enemy soldiers were all gathered together in the respective cities that they had occupied, for dinner. This made them an easy target for the two archers who were looking to kill them off in one fell swoop and hop to the next city, without wasting much time to hunt down each and every enemy.

Yuri first arrived at the city of Yuri and headed towards the location the enemy were gathered for dinner. Oblivious to their impending doom, the enemy were still happily feasting, celebrating their apparent victory, but in an instant all was quiet. No one knew how they died and the only clue they had that something bad was about to happen was when a black arrow embedded itself in the shadow of a plate of food that was on the table.

From Yuri's point of view, she had simply whispered the words: 'Strike from the Shadows' as she released her arrow towards a shadow amongst the enemy. Once the arrow had made contact with a shadow, all the shadows of the enemy soldiers came alive, solidified their shadowy arms into curved blades and sliced of the heads of their 'owners' before returning to being shadows again. "One city down, three to go..." Yuri muttered under breath, as she dashed to the next cities, killing the enemy off the exact same way in each of the other cities.

As the enemy in the cities of Yuri, Yoona, Sunny and Hyoyeon were getting beheaded by their own shadows, in the capital city of Taeyeon, Sooyoung calmly walked into the place where the enemy soldiers were having dinner. Her action caused slight panic, as the enemy soldiers scrambled to grab hold of their weapons and point them at the lone intruder. Sooyoung just sniggered and uttered two words: 'Death's Embrace' as she shot an arrow towards the ceiling.

Before anyone could laugh at their own stupidity for panicking at the sight of a female archer or at the apparently foolishness of the female archer for walking straight into enemy territory alone and armed with only a bow and arrows, they were mesmerized by the grey glow of the arrow, now embedded in the ceiling. Under its trance, all the enemy soldiers raised their pistols and pointed them at their heads. One by one, each of them embraced their deaths with open arms, as they pulled the triggers, ending their own lives.

The exact same scene repeated itself in the three other cities Sooyoung went to and in an hour's time, Sooyoung and Yuri had returned to the headquarters, their jobs completed. "Once SeoBaby returns victorious, the war will finally be over..." Taeyeon commented. "But for know, we sleep since there is no point staying up worrying when she will come back, since we can't do anything about it." Taeyeon added on and the rest agreed with her sentiment, as they slowly drifted off into dreamland.

At the enemy's headquarters the next, at dawn...

"Sir, we can't establish contact with any of our men in the Land of Sones." A lieutenant informed the head of the enemy head of army, General Zifindel.

Before General Zifindel could reply, a peregrine falcon flew in through the window and transformed magically into a young girl, carrying a bow and a quiver of arrows and wearing a hooded green cloak. Looking at General Zifindel in the eye, she said: "I'm Seohyun, Guardian Archer of Nature, from the Land of Sones. Get your whole PATHETIC army to fight me or you can choose to surrender so that lives won't be unnecessarily lost."

"You must be joking! How can someone with only a bow and arrows defeat an entire army?" General Zifindel questioned as he laughed hysterically.

"Don't forget that I had just flown in to this room as a peregrine falcon, before reverting to my human form. That is not my only power..." Seohyun warned.

"Even so, I can just kill you with my gun!" General Zifindel replied as he pulled out his handgun and pointed it at Seohyun. The next moment, General Zifindel had dropped his handgun on the floor and there was a green arrow embedded in his arm.

"I'll be waiting just outside the capital, where there is a beach, with the sea to one side and a forest to the other. Get your air force and navy to join in the attack, I'll still win." Seohyun told General Zifindel, before she transformed back into a peregrine falcon and flew out of the window. "If your army doesn't turn up, I'll be back for your head." Seohyun added on, just before she metamorphosed.

"She will pay for this humiliation! Let's grant her wish. Send the whole army, navy and air force to the location she specified and let's see how she intends to win." General Zifindel shouted.

"Yes Sir. It will be done, Sir!" The lieutenant answered immediately, before rushing out of the room to convey the general's orders. Within an hour, the entire army, navy and air force were mobilized and gathered at the specified location. Every single combat unit you can think of was present and every single weapon was pointed at Seohyun. Seohyun chuckled to herself as she thought: "This will be fun..."

From the tank he was in, General Zifindel climbed out and shouted to Seohyun: "To be fair, we'll let you make the first move, since you are obviously severely disadvantaged!"

"You won't live to regret it, but thanks anyways." Seohyun shouted back as she released a single arrow towards the sky, towards the enemy and shouted: "Catashrophic Extinction!!!"

As fast as Lightning...

Massive lightning bolts struck down from the heavens, killing hundreds at a time and knocking air units out of the sky

As ' gentle' as Air...

A tornado wrecked havoc at sea, sinking ships and crashing aircrafts within seconds.

With the ferocity of Fire...

The ground where lightning struck, erupted into blue flames that burned through everything and anything. The air force and navy were not spared from the flames, for they could easily flare up high into skies where the air force was and water could not put out the flames and the navy found themselves ablaze in no time, even the submarines.

And the brutality of Ice...

The surrounding temperature dropped to hundred below the freezing point of water and the ground froze over. Jets and helicopters fell out of the skies as thick layers of ice formed on their wings and rotor blades, while at sea, the entire sea turned into solid ice, trapping those out at sea. In the span of the mini ice age, thousands froze to death.

With the calmness of Nature...

Everything went back to normal for a split second, giving the enemy a brief moment of respite to regroup and face the next catastrophes. "Calm before the Storm..." Seohyun thought, smiling slightly as she watched the enemy numbers dwindle down at an exponential rate.

And the firmness of Earth...

The earth shook and what used to be solid ground, turned into quicksand, swallowing up everything unfortunate enough not to escape in time.

In the Light of day...

Beams of white light shone down on the enemy, vaporizing those caught in the beams.

Under the Dark of night...

The enemy was shrouded in complete darkness, causing mass panic which resulted in the survivors fleeing in terror, not knowing they could not escape the darkness. In the process, they killed their own comrades if any were perceived to hinder their escape.

Evil will meet their Death...

Any remaining survivors fell into severe depression and they took their own lives, welcoming death with open arms.

"Looks like the enemy army is well and truly extinct!" Seohyun told herself. "That was surely a beautiful sequence of natural disasters!" Seohyun continued on as she laughed. With a final look at her handiwork, Seohyun turned around and used her favourite skill: Teleportation to sweet potatoes.

"Ladies and gentleman! Rise and shine! I'm back already and the war is over for the enemy has no army left!" Seohyun announced as she walked into the meeting room where everyone was fast asleep.

One by one all of them woke up, except for Jessica, who continued sleeping until Seohyun went outside and grew a cucumber out of the ground before bringing it back to stuff it in Jessica's mouth. Glass shattered and birds fled in terror after Jessica uttered a high pitched screech when she awoke to find a cucumber about to be stuffed into .

"Looks like our work here is done." Taeyeon stated with a smile on her face.

"Yeah looks like it." General Justin replied, smiling as well.

"We'll be returning to our home in the clouds then. Goodbye and take care, we'll still be watching over the people from above the clouds." Taeyeon told General Justin.

"Thanks for all the help you've given us and take care as well. You girls will be missed." General Justin thanked Taeyeon and the rest.

"I think he already misses Seohyun... Heard him mumbling something about Seohyun in his sleep just now..." Colonel Oswald told the archers, grinning widely. General Justin blushed and slapped his second in command hard on the back. Seohyun just smiled warmly at him, causing his cheeks to redden even more. The rest of the girls just giggled.

"I won't forget my promise to you. I will make sure nature will be restored to its former glory in the Land of Sones." General Justin assured Seohyun in a soft voice.

"I'm sure you won't." Seohyun replied, kissing him softly on the cheek on an impulse. General Justin fainted out of happiness, while Seohyun blushed slightly at her reckless act. The rest just laughed and bade one another farewell

Following, the nine Guardian Archers returned to their home above the clouds and continued to watch over the people of the Land of Sones, while General Justin and Colonel Oswald busied themselves with the restoration of nature and other important matters, like welcoming the leaders back to the capital and so on.

And so, a continuation to the legend of the Nine Guardian Archers was made...
 

~ ~ ~ THE END ~ ~ ~