ƒíηαℓ

Mágoa
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hakyeon remembered it as if it was yesterday, although it had been a whole year. He could remember the faint scent of the ocean as he walked with his boyfriend, hand in hand. The birds in the sky composed beautiful songs as they chatted until night fell upon them. As the day was coming to an end, Hakyeon noticed Wonshik had gone quiet. The silence was stifling and uncomfortable. Time was going by painfully slowly. Something was wrong, something was very wrong. The two rarely encountered silence, when they did it was peaceful silence filled with content sighs. This silence was one that felt wrong. It frightened Hakyeon.

 

When Wonshik opened his mouth to speak, it was like a nightmare. Words he never wanted to hear began to spill from the younger’s mouth and all Hakyeon wanted to do was shove them back in and pretend he never said anything. Wonshik continued to speak, but all Hakyeon heard was his heart beating rapidly. He could occasionally hear an “I’m sorry," “Not my idea," and “I wish I didn’t have to go.” Everything was crumbling down before the older's eyes. Hakyeon's throat became dry he struggled to speak instead of just looking at his boyfriend with glossy eyes. Wonshik had said his family was moving to America. Wonshik made promises to return as soon as he could, but said it might take 5 years. His heart was close to stopping, as he could barely live 2 days without the other, and now he would have to live through five damn years. Tears began to slowly make their way down the older's face. Wonshik whimpered like a puppy, bringing his boyfriend into his arms and kissing the top of his head.

 

Hakyeon lost all his control and hugged the other as he unraveled into a sobbing mess, clinging onto him like he was on the brink of death. Wonshik began to cry soon after, despite having prepared himself for Hakyeon's tears. He had even rehearsed how to calm him down, but this was too real for him. For Wonshik, the reality hit that he was leaving his love and his best friend. The waves crashed against the rocks as the two held each other as they cried.

 

The next day, Hakyeon drove to the airport to meet with Wonshik and his family. It hurt them both, just to see the other and know exactly what was coming next. The two mumbled each other's name as the time was coming closer. Hakyeon clung onto Wonshik and the younger had to help the other calm down, although he himself wasn't calm.

 

"I love you, I love you so much." Hakyeon sobbed and Wonshik  had to act as if he were fine. "I love you too Hakyeon, I love you so damn much." The embrace felt like it lasted a year, but it wasn't long enough. Soon Wonshik's parents began to call his name.

 

"Hakyeon."

 

"Wonshik."

 

Wonshik took his boyfriend's cheeks into his hand and let their lips meet. It was a chaste kiss, but filled with undying love. When they pulled apart, Wonshik gave Hakyeon a shy sad smile. They both knew that they were no longer one, they weren't lovers, but just people who once dated. Wonshik left a small kiss on Hakyeon's cheek before joining his parents. Hakyeon stood still, slowly pulling out his phone and looking at the time: 3:42 pm, the exact time his heart broke into a million pieces. When he looked up from his phone, he saw that Wonshik was looking back, a tear cascading down his cheek as he mouthed "I love you."

 

"I love you too." Hakyeon replied back.

 

It was all rushing through him as Hakyeon watched his now ex-boyfriend walk away to his gate. The smell of Wonshik's cologne that he only wore on dates to fancy restaurant. He thought of how his other half always bathed him in compliments and kisses. How his heart leaped when he could ask to sleepover and how it felt to fall asleep next to him. He could take pictures while the other was sleeping, and sometimes Wonshik would smile when he knew Hakyeon was taking them. It all came like a train rushing at him as Hakyeon stared endlessly at the back of Wonshik's T-shirt. Tears still cascaded down his face as he stood in the middle of the airport paralyzed with shock. Hakyeon let his fingertips t

Please log in to read the full chapter