Chapter 3

Don't Wait For Me Anymore

 

* * * * * *

 

Deep in the woods, the birds chirp in a soothing melody that awakens Daheun into the morning light that shines at her face. She looks around to see no one in sight, not even Soohyuk. Her eyes become sad as she recalled what she said to him yesterday. Just then, a figure comes out from behind the bushes and she looks up.

 

“S-Soohyuk”

 

He stops where he is and looks at the ground. Daheun moves a step forward and he draws back further away. Seeing that makes her hurt, yet she did it again.

 

“Soohyuk ah”

 

He backs off and turns around. Before she could say more, he walks off and disappeared. Daheun stands there speechless. Her heart is beating with pain as she is left there to be alone. However, footsteps return and she looks up again, but her face hardens. In a distance as Soohyuk walks, he stops when he hears a scream. He turns around back to the direction and Daheun pops into his mind. Running through the woods, the vampires are gaining on her. As they tried to grab her, she would dodge them and continue to run without looking back. Just then, one of them pops out in front of her and she stops completely. It hissed at her as she backs away, but is trap by the others behind her. She looks at them.

 

“Il-sung? Where is he? What have you done to him?!” she asks.

 

They showed no interest and gets down to business. Daheun dodge their attacks and pulls out her knife as she cuts one in the face. They hold back as she falls to one of her knee and grabs onto her waist. She grunt from the pain. Taking the chance, the vampires all attack at once. Daheun gets on to her feet, but before she could do anything she feels a warm hand take hers and pulled her away. The vampires stop and turn to see them going. Running ahead of her, she looks at him and didn’t say a word. Behind them, the vampires chased them wildly. Miles away, Daheun’s family hears the echoes of the vampire’s growls in distance. They turn to the direction it is coming from.

 

“Did you hear that? It sounds like it’s coming from over there” her aunt says.

 

They look at each other and Daheun’s dad nods.

 

“Everyone pack up. We’re heading that way now!”

 

Daheun and Soohyuk are still running breathless through the woods as the biting sound of the vampires chased after them. They quickly hid behind a huge rock that has a gap inside. Her heart is beating fast against his chest as he could feel it. The vampires run pass them. Soohyuk covers her as she shuts her eyes tightly. After everything seems to be safe, he draws himself away to check if the coast is clear. Daheun opens her eyes to meet his that turns back to look at her. Unknowingly, she throws her arms around him and he stands there stunned. Her hands are gripping tightly onto his shirt. Soohyuk hesitate at first, but eventually brings his arms around her.

It isn’t long till they hear the vampires coming back at them again due to the scent of Daheun’s blood. They released each other and Soohyuk pulls her away as she looks at him who is leading the way. And then, they come to a halt after being exposed to a cliff. They turn around and the vampires come. Soohyuk holds her hand, keeping her close behind him. Daheun looks at him and her eyes avert to the vampires. They stand there, waiting for the right moment to catch her.

 

“Soohyuk ah”

 

He glance back to her and her face tells everything.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

In a blink, she pulls her hand away from his and place the knife in his palm, then pushed him off. He falls backward and sees the bitter look on her face as the vampires gained on her. A few minutes later, the truck arrives at the cliff and everyone gets off to observe.

 

“Oppa”

 

They run over to Daheun’s aunt who find Daheun’s jacket and is holding it. Her dad is shock.

 

“What are we going to to do now?” the twin’s uncle says.

 

They stand there in silent as Daheun’s dad is thinking hard. Daheun’s aunt turns to look at them.

 

“Perhaps…”

 

Daheun’s dad face her and could tell she is thinking the same thing he is. The other two are waiting on them to explain.

 

 

 

Water is dripping and the place is dark with dim lighting coming inside. Daheun is chained against the wall. The doors open and footstep come in.

 

“Well, well. Now aren’t you grown up, Daheun ah” the voice says.

 

Daheun couldn’t see the person’s face, but she could feel a strong aura around her.

 

“Who are you? How do you know my name?” Daheun asks.

 

“Huh? I guess your dad didn’t tell you about me, right?”

 

Before her eyes, the person comes out more into the light and Daheun sees a woman. A young beautiful woman. She goes up to Daheun.

 

“You poor thing” the woman says, reaching her hand out to touch Daheun’s face.

 

“I’m asking you a question” Daheun says boldly.

 

She stops her hand and smiles, then takes it away. The truck is speeding through the path of the forest.

 

“Irene” her dad breaths.

 

“I? I’m...your mom”

 

Daheun’s heart skips a beat as her eyes widen. The car pulls over by the abandon warehouse.

 

“You all stay here. I’m going in alone” her dad says.

 

Daheun’s aunt grabs his hand and he looks at her, then at the other two in the back seat.

 

“We’re coming with you, oppa”

 

He looks at them from face to face. Finally, he nods and agree them to go with him. They take their weapons, but most importantly the sword that Raechul carries on her with them. The place is dark and wet as they enter it. In a far distance, their eyes come upon Daheun who is chained up.

 

“Daheun” her aunt says in a quiet voice.

 

They hurried over to her while being caution about their surrounding. They make it to her without a problem and start to unchain Daheun.

 

“Our Daheun. I was so worried” her aunt says, embracing her who is weak.

 

The others are happy, but Daheun’s dad notice something different. Before he could react, Daheun’s hand into her aunt’s heart and they are shock at the sight. In Daheun’s aunt’s eyes, she sees Irene.

 

“Long time no see, Mun Hee”

 

Raechul and the twin’s uncle pulls out their weapons where they find themselves enclosed by vampires. Irene rips her heart out and Daheun’s dad watched her collapsed to the ground. Irene turns to him with a smirk on her face.

 

“Where’s my daughter?” he asks.

 

“Your daughter? Don’t you mean “our daughter?”

 

“Irene!” he shouts.

 

She laughs evilly as it echoes through the building. Raechul and the twin’s uncle keep caution with their backs together. Irene’s laugh cease.

 

“Where is she? What have you done to her?” her dad asks.

 

“Don’t worry, dear. She’s safe” Irene says.

 

“I want to see her” he insist.

 

“Sure. Of course, I’ll let you see her” she says with a smile.

 

In a far distance, they see Daheun coming in from the dark into the light. Her face is pale as he sees it and becomes shock. Irene goes over to her side and place her hands on Daheun’s shoulders.

 

“You know, I was pretty surprised that you didn’t tell our daughter about me. However, when I told her I was her mom, you should’ve seen her face” Irene says.

 

Daheun’s dad couldn’t believe his eyes and he shakes his head. Irene points at him and he looks at her.

 

“It was you, Chun Hyun. You did this to our little girl. If you had left her with me, she wouldn’t had suffered this much all these years”

 

He turns to look at his daughter who shows no lack of sense or reality. Irene leans over to her ear.

 

“Now, Daheun ah. Why don’t you show your daddy what you really are?”

 

Her head lift up and they are exposed to her dark solid red eyes. Irene moves aside. Daheun hissed and then attacks and the other vampires follow her lead. Raechul and the twin’s uncle tries to hold back the other vampires while Daheun’s dad is handling his own daughter.

 

“Daheun, stop! Snap out of it!” he yells, dodging her attacks.

 

He grabs her incoming arm and pulls it behind her back. Daheun screams and struggle to get lose.

 

“Please, Daheun. Don’t make me pull out my gun!” he says.

 

She kicks back at him, causing him to let go. Just as she about to charge at him, a gunshot echo and she stands there unmoveable. Her eyes look down to see the scratch mark of the bullet on the ground. Her dad lowers his gun as she looks at him.

 

“Daheun, I have a lesson for you today” her dad says.

 

“What is it?” she asks, curiously.

 

He smiles and pats her head, then bends down to her level.

 

“I want you to go over there and then run towards me” he says, pointing the direction.

 

She looks over there and back at him who has a gun in his hand as he stands up.

 

“Are you going to shoot me, dad?” Daheun asks.

 

“Of course not, little one. We’re just testing your abilities. Now, let’s see how well you do, okay?” he says.

 

She nods and did as she is told. Daheun goes to her position.

 

“Alright. When you start running, I’ll shoot the ground where you’re stepping, but I won’t tell you when I’m going to shoot. So you have to figure that out yourself whether to stop or not” he says, loading his gun.

 

“Understood” she says, with a nod.

 

 

 

Tears overwhelmed her eyes as she looks at him. He smiles; his expression soften. Just before Daheun’s own eyes, Irene appears behind him and her hand digs right through him.

 

“DAD!!!”

 

Raechul and the twin’s uncle turns to see them. Irene pulls her hand out and he falls over as she her fingers.

 

“Good job, Daheun. You helped me killed your dad. You’re such a good girl..”

 

Daheun charges at her, slamming Irene into the brick wall causing a huge dent to it. Irene coughs out blood, but then she laughs. The anger boils inside Daheun and her eyes turn red again. Her hand strangled Irene by throat.

 

“You are not my mom. I don’t have an evil mom like you!”

 

She brings her hand above her head; her nails are stretched out long and sharp. Raechul slash the vampire out of her way and turn to them.

 

“Stop, Daheun!”

 

She brings her hand down, but a hand grabs her wrist to stop her. She turns around, however it pulls her away from Irene. Her back hits against the wall and her eyes meet his, making her shock to see a pair of blue eyes looking at her confusingly.

 

“Well, I see that you got yourself a friend here?” Irene smirks, after getting on her feets.

 

“S-Soohyuk?” she says, unbelievable.

 

His body is still soak from the water that he fell into after falling down the cliff. Bits of water drops stream down his face as Daheun still couldn’t believe her eyes.

 

“Why don’t you finish him off too, like what you did to your dad?”

 

Irene then laughs. A twist feeling hits Daheun and she pushed Soohyuk away, then runs at her. She swings her hand and Daheun gets hit, flying to the side and to the ground. Soohyuk goes towards Daheun, but Irene swings her hand again, sending him to the other direction.

 

“Daheun!” Raechul calls.

 

The sword is toss over to her and Daheun looks at it, getting up.

 

“What is this? You think you can kill me with that?” Irene smiles as if it is a joke.

 

Daheun is so close to grabbing it, but Irene appears in a flash and kicks the sword away, then grabs her at the throat as she struggles to breath. Soohyuk gets up.

 

“If you won’t kill me, then I guess I’ll kill you instead” she smiles like a freak.

 

Soohyuk goes over to take the sword and charges at them. Irene’s head avert to him.

 

“If I die, then your coming along!”

 

Daheun grabs Irene who couldn’t move and face her back towards the incoming blade as it goes through them both. Irene’s eyes are widen. Raechul and the twin’s uncle stops fighting when the vampires suddenly turn into dust. And so did Irene afterwards. Soohyuk stands there, looking at Daheun who is still pierced with the sword. He pulls it out and she falls over, but he catches her into his arms as they both are on the ground. Tears filled Daheun’s eyes as she looked at him whose eyes have come back to normal.

 

“S-S-Soohyuk”

 

His eyes become watery when hearing his name. He is holding her hand that is covered with her own blood.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m-I’m really sorry, Soohyuk ah” she says, as tears fall from her eyes.

 

Raechul and the twin’s uncle watched them. He tries not to cry and she smiles weakly.

 

“I used to tell you that I’ll come back, b-but...I don’t think I will this time”

 

Soohyuk holds her hand against his cheek with a sorrow look. Daheun groans as blood continues to flow out of her wound. He just watched her and couldn’t do anything.

 

“Y-You...d-don’t wait for m-me anymore…”

 

Her hand slips out from his grip and her head falls to the side as her eyes closed shut and tears stream down. Raechul turns away from the sight. Soohyuk open his mouth, but not a single word comes out. Instead, he cries. The final thing he could do for Daheun is holding her in his arms for the very last time before she slowly vanish into thin air.

 

 

To be continued~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: there might be another part to this story, but i'm not sure yet. however, if i do plan on having a second part i hope everyone will look forward to it. goodbye for now! :D