maknae

Maknae

We sat around the table, in silence, eating our breakfast. The maknae laughed at something the leader said and bits of food flew out of his mouth. I smiled; he was clearly the cutest out of the five of us. He wiped the food crumbs off with the back of his hand. One of our other members smacked him for his poor manners. He wasn't able to get girls for a reason.

 

But he got me.

 

I went to get a napkin for him. I wiped his cheek; he looked up at me with questioning eyes, "H-hyung." I ignored this and finished cleaning him off.

Maknae laughed as I left for my room, "Aha, Hyung!"

 

He didn’t notice me pause.

 

"Do you remember?"

Leader laughed along.

 

He wasn’t talking to me.

 

"Ne, ne! That was the best!"

 

I had grown to care for him too much.

 

***

 

"I'm going out for a bit!" I called as I pulled on my running shoes and went outside. I noticed Maknae was following me. We walked for a little while, "Something the matter?"

He shook his head, “I... I just thought I should say thank you for earlier."

"Ah... It was no problem man. I just can’t have you walking around with crap on your face y'know?"

A smile was playing on his face. He deliberated for a moment before nodding and grinning.

We stayed in silence for a bit. This is nice, I thought. It's nice to be alone with Maknae. We've never had the chance to be like this.

So lost in my thoughts, I tripped on a pebble...Maknae grabbed hold of me.

"M-maknae?"

"Hyung, are you ok?"

We were burrowing into each other's hearts.

There was an emptiness in our hearts...wishing to be filled.

 I wanted him. Needed him with me. I could see he felt the same.

 

 He leaned in, "Hyung," he whispered.

 

 We had to be together.

 

I closed the space and kissed him.

"...Maknae."