Unconditional Love

Unconditional Love [One-Shot: Completed]

Unconditional Love

A/N: Did not Mark as M since does not contain any heavy ual material but does feature some abuse scenes so be warned.


Sun Hee’s POV

I woke up in bed feeling unusual. I feel like I’ve dreamt of something important but couldn’t quite remember any clear details.

I looked at my hand and saw the bracelet Kai gave me for my birthday.

That’s right I celebrated my 17th birthday on the day before yesterday.

Looking at the bracelet it made me smile but with a sense of longing. I’ve loved Kai for as long as I can remember. Sad for me so do all his fans. Besides, he saw me as nothing but a little sister but I don’t want to complain because there were so many things that could have gone wrong in my life but thanks to the Kim family, I am still alive and well.

I don’t have much childhood memories but what I do know is that I spent most of my childhood years at an orphanage and then later moved in with the Kim family when I met them while they were looking to sponsor a child from the orphanage I was living at. Mr. and Mrs. Kim have been nothing but kind to me. Even though they did not officially adapt me they have treated me like their family with no hesitation whatsoever. Which is why I would be forever grateful to them.

“Sunhee, are you there?” I heard Kai at the door to my room and paniced. What? I didn’t know he was coming home this weekend. He was supposed be at the EXO dorm with the others.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked while trying to tidy myself up quickly. It was no use at all because once he knew I was awake he just barged in.

“Whooa!” he stopped in his tracks. “Did you just wake up?” He questioned, looking at me weirdly. I looked at the time and saw it’s close to noon.

“Oh! My god! I slept super late today.” I said to him slightly embarrassed about my shabby appearance.

“Well, anyway, my mum wanted me to check in on you while they were out of town since your here alone. You ok?” he was looking at me very carefully again and I’m feeling very conscious about the fact that I am not wearing a bra right now.

“Uh! Oppa why do you ask?” I asked him back, feeling confused with his behavior today. Something seems off with him.

“You just look a little pale?” he asked me hesitantly.

“Oh really? I asked moving towards the vanity. “Hmm, I don’t see anything different with my complexion.” I commented while looking at myself. “Anyway, oppa can you give me a few minutes. I need to get changed.”

“Oh sure, I’ll wait for you downstairs. I need to ask you something?” he said.

“Oh? What’s that?” I asked him. “Oppa, is everything ok with you? You’ve acting a bit off. Did something go wrong with your team mates?” I asked when he did not respond. I know Kai very well but he seemed not himself today.

“What? No nothing’s wrong. I’ll tell you when you come down. Be quick ok? I need to leaved soon too.” He left while leaving me there to ponder on that. I wonder what it is.

 

*****

I was heading down to the kitchen area only to be met with a very appetizing metallic smell that made me salivate. What’s that weird smell and why is making me feel so hungry?

 

Kai’s POV

I see her appear at the doorway and know that my blood has attracted her attention. She seemed to be in some sort of trance.

This was supposed to be a test, a test to see whether her vampire genes have come into play yet. She is failing the test Oh so miserably. I have been waiting for this moment for the past thirteen years and finally the time has come for me to complete my vengeance.

 

Sun Hee’s POV

The first thing to attract my attention was the red fluid that was dripping down Kai’s hand. Blood! I unknowingly moved closer to him and reached out my hand grabbing a drop of blood onto my finger. I moved that finger towards my mouth, the blood off it, tasting that delicious drop of blood. I moaned with pleasure as I feel something unfamiliar take control of me.

“Sunhee- Sun Hee! – SUN HEEE!!!.....”

I snap back to reality when I hear someone shouting my name. I’m surprised to find my finger inside my mouth. I quickly pulled it out and looked at Kai.

“Oppa! What just happened?” I gasped.

“Hmm, listen I need to meet up with my friends earlier than I planned. So I need to leave- like right now.” He said while looking out the window. Is he trying not to look at me? Why?

“Oh it’s ok oppa. Is everything ok?” I asked him worried about this sudden change in plans.

“Oh- Oh yeah! Don’t worry. Oh I nearly forgot. Can you do me a favor though?”

“Of course, oppa.” I replied feeling happy to be helping him when he looked very troubled right now.

“I’ll text you with a list and address. Can you get the things from my room upstairs and get to the address?”

“Yeah, no problem. I’m not doing anything else today anyway.” I replied him smiling.

“It’s not far, so you can pretty much walk there.” He continued.

“OK.” I said while giving him a smile.

Kai left after that. I wanted to eat something and be ready when Kai texted me. I quickly make a sandwich to eat and polished it off pretty quickly. It was weird because usually I don’t eat much but lately no matter how much I eat I have been feeling hungry very often.

 

*****

Kai’s POV

“You guys understand what to do right? Don’t make any mistakes.” I said to the rest of the hunters with me.

“Yep we got it; shoot, stake but you get the kill.”  Sehun replied back.

I’ve only gathered my closest hunter friends for the kill today because being so ignorant and a novice about her vampire heritance, Sunhee wouldn’t be an issue at all. Between the five hunters here today she wouldn’t last long.

I hear footsteps and look at Chanyeol, sehun, Luhan and Tao. It’s time. “I’m going to stay back in the Jeep. Signal me in if you need backup but other than that make sure you stake her and bring her to the Jeep. Got it?” I explained our plan once again.

 

Sun Hee’s POV

I looked at the deserted area and checked to see whether the address was correct. It was. How weird I wonder whether Kai typed in the wrong address.

I knocked on the metal door to the building and waited for a response. When there was none, I tried to open the door and of course it was left open for me, I smiled.

“Oppa? Are you here?” I shouted into the building and heard my voice echo. I kept walking in thinking maybe they were working at the back of the building.

Suddenly someone came from behind me and pushed me to the ground. I screamed and landed on my hands and knees. Once they let me off I turned over and see Luhan and Sehun standing over me.

“Oppa, Jeez you scared the crap out of me. That was a really mean joke to play. Where’s Kai oppa?” I asked them. They just kept staring at me. “He needed me to drop something for him here. Is he not here yet?”

“She looks harmless, should we roughen her up a bit?” Luhan suggested to Sehun making him smirk.

“Oppa?” I questioned hesitantly.

“Shut up.” Sehun snapped at me and grabbed the collar of my top, ripping it in half and pinning me to the ground.

“Oppa? Please what are you doing? Please stop! Where’s Kai Oppa?”

“I said shut up .” Sehun slapped me across the face trying to hold me still.

“Oppa! Noo! Please stop. Kai oppa. Please help me. Kai!!!” I screamed for Kai but he didn’t come. I suddenly lost all thought and control when I felt Sehun’s hand reach my pants, trying to them.

I don’t know where I got all the power from but I was able to push Sehun away from me and came face to face with Luhan. He suddenly held a gun to me and shot. I reflexively jumped away but the bullet still hit my side and I felt a burning sensation. The next thing I knew I was at the entrance.

That was when I realized that this sudden rush of power and speed is not just my imagination or adrenalin but something else entirely. Something was happening to me but I don’t know what. I look back and see not two but four guys; Sehun , Luhan, Chanyeol and Tao running towards me while aiming their guns at me. I look one last time to see whether Kai is there. He is not, so I use my super speed to get out of the building and my super strength to jump onto the roof and hide there. I’m still gutted at what I am able to do all of a sudden since when did this happen but I don’t have time to be thinking about that right now.

I quickly reached into my pocket and grabbed my hand phone. I dialed Kai thinking to warn him about his friends who have gone crazy all of a sudden before he reached here.

He answered my call at once. “Where are you?” he asked me in a loud voice. I ignored his question.

“Oppa! Where are you? You can’t come here. Your friends have gone crazy! They were trying to hurt me. Oppa you! Where are you now!” I half whispered half screamed into the phone trying not to be heard by the guys in the building.

“I’m inside the building. Come in here.” He told me ending the call.

“Oppa!! No way!! You can’t be in there! You have to run away. NOW!!” I screamed into the now cut of phone line while trying to get off the roof and running into the building again. Kai! Please be okay. Please be okay. Please.

I saw Kai as soon as I entered the building. He had his back towards me and was facing the other guys. Oh god! They had him surrounded. I act on instinct, speeding up towards him using the last bit of my strength and grabbed him pushing him against the wall, using my body as a barrier to keep him safe from the flying bullets that was now hitting my back. It felt like my back was on fire.

Suddenly the bullets stop and I look at Kai. “Oppa are you ok? Are you hurt?” I asked him feeling weak and drained. 

He surprised me when he pushed me away from him and shot me in the stomach.

“I hate you, you’re a ing monster.” He said and shot me again.

I felt something in my chest then. At his words, amid all my confused thoughts, I felt a pain that could rival the combined pain from all the bullet wounds on my body. That was the last thing I knew before I felt darkness over come me.

 

Kai’s POV

Why? Why did she try to save me? She thought my friends were here to shoot me. I guess the joke is on her. Now that I have got here where I want her, it’s time to kill her. 

No, I decided looking at her. I’m going to play with her a bit and make her suffer before I kill her. It would be no fun to kill her straight away like this. I grab her while the others try to tidy up the building and carry her to my truck and dump her on the back. “Ugh! She’s going to bleed all over the floor of my jeep.” I moaned.

“You could always kill her now and save you the trouble of having to take her to the warehouse.” Chanyeol commented.

“I guess hyung but I decided to play with her a bit before the grand finale. It almost feels anticlimactic to kills her just that easily after waiting so many years for this.”

“Well, makes sense I guess.” Tao added in.

“Everyone, thanks for today. I’ll see you guys later. I’m heading into the warehouse with her.” I saw everyone getting into their cars and started the Jeep reversing out of the parking lot. I look back at the unconscious Sunhee again. Oh by the time I’m done with her she’s going to wish I killed her right away.

 

Sun Hee’s POV

I was becoming aware of my surroundings slowly.  Gosh! I feel like I got thrown in front of a speeding truck, my body ached so much.

I was finally able to open my eye and look at my surrounding. Where the hell am I?

Then it all comes crashing back. The bizarre behavior of the guys. The weird and unexplainable changes in me. Kai and his final words to me. Me getting shot, repeatedly. Him shooting me.

Oh god! Kai. What happened before? Could it have been a nightmare?

I looked at my bloody clothes and paniced trying to feel for my wounds but I can only see and feel bloody yet unmarred healthy skin. What is this? Was it a nightmare after all? 

I looked around again and realized that I was sitting on the dirty floor in a rundown room with no windows. There seemed to be many bloody lump like things around me. I gulped and reached out to touch one to see what it is and realized it’s some sort of pieces of wood that seems to be covered in blood. I quickly let go of it, feeling disgusted. It’s no use though because I’m covered in blood too. Possibly the same blood? My blood? But how could it be possible when I don’t have any injuries. Was I or was I not shot? So does that mean this is all a nightmare? But that does not explain why I am in a rundown looking dirty room. 

So many things were running through my mind giving me a splitting headache. On top of that I feel extremely weak, hungry and thirsty.

I saw a door way and tried to get up to move towards it but I’m feeling too weak. I sat back down again, trying to crawl towards it. Halfway there I felt a pull on my leg. I looked down and gave a horrified yelp. Oh god it’s a metal cuff with a chain. Around my ankle. Someone’s left me chained in this room.

I let out a sob when I see the chain attached to the ground in a corner of the room. Oh I feel so confused right now.

I lied down on the dirt floor and curled in on myself, sobbing.

“Well well well, if it isn’t the princess up and awake again so soon.” I heard a voice say and looked up to see Kai there.

I freeze, feeling shocked and confused. “Oppa?”  I asked trying to confirm that he’s really was there. Is he here to save me?

“That’s right it’s me. Surprised?” he let out an evil laugh.

“Oppa? What is going on?” I asked while crying.

“Oh you poor thing. You still don’t know anything do you? Well let me explain it to you then. ing monsters like you, I kill them. That’s not all, I make them suffer, break them, make them beg me for their life and then I kill them. You know how long I have waited to kill you? Thirteen ing years, thirteen, since I first laid eye on you.” He yells. I’m entirely too gutted, horrified and heartbroken to respond.

“Kai? Why do you call me a monster?.” I asked him. “I have never hurt you. I have always loved you. I never had the courage to tell you that out loud because I thought you saw me as nothing but a sister but now you say you hate me? Why oppa? Why?” I questioned him. There were still so many thoughts running through my mind leaving my head spinning at all these sudden changes.

“Love me?” he asked me looking shocked for a second. “What joke.” He laughed brushing aside my feeling and confession just like that. My heart was just shattering seeing him respond like that.

“Do you know how funny that sounds? A vampire to fall in love with a hunter?” he laughed. “How stupid do you think I am to believe you when you say that when I’ve got you helpless like this?” he questioned me.

“Kai, what do you mean a vampire? You are not making sense.” I complained.

“How many times do I have to spell it to you? You’re a vampire, a blood monster and me? I’m a hunter. I hunt scum like you and kill them.” He yelled at me again. 

“No, I am not.” I gasped. “Do you even know how insane you sound right now?”

“Still don’t believe me? Where do you think you got all that sudden speed and strength when you were fighting us before? How do you think you survived multiple shot wounds with not a single scar to show for it now?” he exclaimed, shocking me with each word he was saying.

“Want me to keep going?” he asked me, finally coming close enough to grab one of my arms. He pulled out a knife and made a deep long cut on my forearm. I jerked back reacting and screamed in pain at the feel of the knife cutting through my flesh. I couldn’t believe he would ever hurt me like this.

He let go of my hand and jerked my head towards him, gripping my hair. “Look! Look what an abomination you are.”  He yelled at me again.

I do what he asked and gasped with shock when I see my skin heal right before my eyes. Within seconds my forearm seemed to be completely healed leaving only a trail of blood behind.

“Oppa!” I looked at Kai feeling even more scared now. What was this happening to me so suddenly.

“Believe me now?” he pushed me away I remained silent hoping it would agitate him less if I didn’t ask anymore questions. “You look disgusting crusted in blood.” He looked at me and walked out of the room.

I leaned against a wall and huged my knees to my chest sobbing silently. If what he is saying is true does that mean he never even cared about me? He hated me all along? But even worse how can I look at him and after all this still feel l love towards him.

I heard him come in again and looked up to see him with a water hose. “Take off your clothes, I’m going to hose you down to get rid of all that dried blood.” He ordered me.

“Kai, please don’t.” I said to him looking at the water coming out of the hose. How can he so casually ask me to take my clothes off in front of him? I looked at the cuff around my ankle and tried to take it off with my hands.

“Don’t bother, you’re too weak to do anything right now.” He commented while walking towards me. I tried to move away from him but the wall behind me made it impossible. 

“I see you’ve finally grasped the situation.” His eyes looked at me so coldly I shivered. “If you can’t do what I asked of you then let me take the pleasure of doing it for you.” He smirked at me enjoying my horrified expression.

“Kai! Don’t Please I beg you don’t do this to me-.” I screamed at him to stop but he didn’t listen. He pined my hands to the wall with one hand and used the other hand to rip the rest of my shirt off me. He then reached behind my back unsnapping my bra while releasing my hands to pull it down. He threw it on top the torn shirt at his side

I broke right in front of him, begging, crying screaming him to stop but he kept going.  I finally gave up and stayed still while he reached down ing and ping my pants, dragging them down with my leaving me totally exposed to his eyes. I can see him look at me but at this point I did’t even take an effort to cover myself. What does it matter anyway? He’s going to do what he want to whether I like it or not. I let silent tears trail down my face. I watched him while he let his eyes trail over me. I still blushed and looked away closing my eye tightly because I can’t take this humiliation anymore but Kai has no mercy for me.

It is an unexplainably painful feeling to be treated like this, like an animal; chained to the ground, striped , put on display like this by the person you love the most in your life.

When other girls were crushing on guys, I was crushing on Kai. When other girls were dating being in relationships, I was silently, secretly loving Kai. To a person like me, without real parent’s or anyone to call them their own, Kai was my everything. He was the person I loved. I wanted him to be my first everything and he was too. He was my first friend, first crush, and first love. I wanted him keep being my first but never in my worst nightmares did I ever imagine him to be the first guy to break me.

“Why Kai? Does it make you feel happy to see me humiliated like this?” I whispered to him.

For a second I saw something unreadable pass over his face but it disappeared before I could understand what it meant. He didn’t answer me and went to grab the hose and splashed water on me on the highest pressure making my skin burn and string from the force. 

He stopped after a while and left with it to come back with a towel and threw it at me. “Wipe yourself.” He said to me and stood there while I did. He grabbed the towel from me after and was about to tell me something when we both heard footsteps. I paniced and looked to him again hoping he would at least give me back the towel but he didn’t.

“Kai, are you really going to leave me like this when the others come here?” I asked in a small voice hoping against hope that he would change his mind. “Guy’s I’m in here.” He called out shrugging at me.

I squeezed my eyes shut, that’s the final nail on the coffin. If Kai doesn’t care that I’m exposed like this in front of other guys, his friends, it only meant that he didn’t have the slightest bit of care in the world about me. I hug my knees to the chest really tightly and hope that Kai could just kill me and get over it.

I looked and see him staring at me. “Can I just ask why? Why do you hate me for being a vampire so much? I never did any wrong to you except loved you like a fool.” I asked him with silent tears running down my face.

“Whoaa! What happened here?” Chanyeol asked Kai, interrupting what Kai was just about to say.

Kai ignored Chanyeol and smacked Sehun on the head. “What the was that yesterday? You were lucky she didn’t know what she was capable of or you would have been bitten by now.” He shouted at Sehun.

“Sorry Hyung, I wasn’t thinking.” Sehun explained looking guilty and embarrassed.

“Well, keep you head on straight the next time or you wouldn’t have one for long.” Kai reprimanded Sehun. “Yea, Hyung.” Sehun agreed immediately.

“So we did have our facts right huh? Apparently a born vampire comes into its vampire heritance after it’s 17th birthday. Sunhee celebrated her 17th birthday only a few days ago and already her Vampire genes seemed to be dominating her human nature when she was fighting us yesterday.” Luhan said to Kai.

“Well you wanted to know why I hate you and your kind so much?” Kai asked moving closer to me.

“Hyung be careful.” Sehun said to Kai looking worried.

“Don’t worry, she’s as weak as a new born kitten right now.” Kai said making everyone laugh.

“So do you?” Kai pinched my chin and forced me to look at him. “Answer me when I speak to you.”

“Yes.” I whispered looking into his cold dark eyes.

“I have been waiting for this moment for the past thirteen years when I helplessly witnessed my parents being killed by vampires.” Kai said making me gasp. “I swore vengeance that day. Being a seven-year-old orphan, I didn’t have many options but I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut about vampires. Fortunately not long after, the Kim hunter clan decided to take pity on me and adapted me as their son. I still remember it all like it was just yesterday.” I feel my eye well up with tears seeing the pain on Kai’s face.

“You see, vampires are immortal and have many super powers to their advantage but over time the hunters have found a variety of ways to overcome them. One of which is wood. Wooden bullets stop super healing. A wooden stakes through heart paralyses a vampire and lastly any sort of beheading kills any vampire for good.” He explained looking at me pointedly.  

“The first ever vampires to die by my hands were those two who killed my parents, your parent’s.” I gasped again feeling shocked and horrified to be hearing this. “Of course I was too small and young to be fighting vampires by myself then. So my adaptive parent’s were the ones who staked your parent’s in the heart and brought them to me. I beheaded them with all the pent up guilt, frustration and remorse I had in my heart.” Kai glared at me. Oh god so that is why he hate me so much?  

“Not long after that we got news that the couple I killed actually had a kid and the rest as you know is history but here we are, finally completing what I desperately wanted to do all those years ago when I first laid eyes on you.” He let a tear rolled down his face and my heart break for him again and all my hatred and anger for him disappeared just like that.

“Oh, Kai!” I whisper. “I’m so sorry. I never knew.”

“That’s why I let you live this long but not anymore, now you need to die.” He said to me.

He looked at Tao and he gave Kai a long thin blade that looked sharp enough to cut through anything. I panicked, looking at Kai knowing he’s finally going to do it.

“Kai, please. You can’t blame me for what my parent’s did. Maybe not all vampires are like that. Maybe I can be a good vampire. Kai please give me a chance.” I begged him.

I actually was going to make you suffer a bit more but you broke too easily. It’s no fun when your this weak I might as well get it done and over with.” He said while coming towards me.

“Kai, Oppa, please.” I screamed while crying. I stood up and started moving away from him, too desperate and scared to care that I was and exposed to all the guys there.

“Do you have any idea what it’s like to be there when your parent’s are being murdered? Being there but being too afraid and cowardly to come out but seeing it all, with their last dying screams echoing in you head?” Kai exclaimed at me while he kept coming. Caging me between the wall and him. He raised the blade and laid the sharp blade across my neck. In this position, the slightest movements from either of us can end my life in a heartbeat now.

“Do you know what it’s like to wake up screaming from nightmares because you see your parent’s being killed right in front of you over and over again? Do you know what it’s like to be afraid of loving someone because your afraid that you would be unable to protect them, too cowardly to be there for them?” He kept going with tears now streaming down his face. I finally see the real Kia in his eyes. The softhearted, insecure, scared Kai who had to grow up too quickly because of what my parents apparently did. The Kai who had to harden his heart and become a killer at such a young age because of one careless act done against him.

“If I die by your hands would you be able to be at peace?” I asked him making up my mind.

“What?” he asked me surprised to see me respond to him.

“Would you finally be able to move on? Would it end your suffering Kai?” I asked him bring my hands up and over his hands holding the sword to my neck.

“I love you Kai, I love you so much I don’t want you to suffer. I don’t want to be a monster like my parent’s either oppa and I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I’m sorry I couldn’t do anything for you when you were suffering so much. I’m sorry I can only give you this little bit of peace.” I said to him and pushed on his hands bringing the blade towards my neck, imbedding the blade in my flesh. “I love you so much Kai.” I said one last time before putting more pressure on his hands. I felt an unbearable sense of pain before everything went black.

 

Kai’s POV

The guys should be here any moment now. I looked out the window to check whether they were here yet. I really needed them to distract me right now.

Ever since that day in the dirty old warehouse room two days ago I have been going a bit crazy. I can’t stop repeating what happened in my head. Can’t stop thinking about how wrong I was to her.

I gulped, feeling an unfamiliar tightness in my chest, thinking about what I could have had with Sunhee if I wasn’t too set on my destructive revenge plans. Every time I closed my eyes I thought about her last words to me, “I’m sorry I can only give you this little bit of peace, I love you soo much Kai.” Those words kept playing in my head, over and over again. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the innocent and sincere look on her face.

I never realized how wrong and mistaken I was until that split second before she forced my hands but then it was too late. I am so undeserving of her love yet here I am wishing for a second chance. Hoping against hope that after everything I’ve done somehow she is still able to love me.

I looked at the bed in the middle of the room, seeing Sunhee lying there, looking so small and fragile. I’ve come to realize that all these time, I have been the real monster, going after something so precious and innocent to fulfill my selfish motives.  How unfair I’ve been to her, to treat her so poorly for her parent’s actions when she had nothing to do with it, when she loved me so unconditionally, when she did the ultimate sacrifice for me thinking it would finally bring me peace. I used to think it would bring me peace too, until the time came and I thought she was gone for good.

When she forced my hands to behead her that day, I thought she died. Thinking back I see that I got so many countless chances to actually kill her for good but kept putting it off, making up excuses thinking it would be better to make her suffer instead. I realized now that I never really wanted her dead. All I felt was a sense of guilt for being so attached to a creature that brought so much misery to my life and was the flesh and blood offspring of the two monsters that killed my parents.

I look at her again, thinking that maybe somewhere in that big and soft heart of hers, she’s able to find a way to forgive my cruel actions towards her.

I heard the door open behind and turned to see Toa poking his head in.

“We are here, How is she doing? Anything?” He asked me.

“No, Her wound is all healed but there’s no sign of consciousness.” I replied back. The other hunters with me took it pretty well when I did a 180 degree turn from trying to kill her to taking care of her so suddenly.

“We actually didn’t get why you were so focused on killing her. She’s gorgeous and anyone could tell that she was head over heels for you, the little idiot.” Was what they had to say but it only made my blood boil, knowing they’ve all seen her . I’ve got no one to blame but my self too because I was the bastard that made her strip so thoughtlessly. I beat my fit into the wall really hard feeling frustrated.

“Easy Bro!” Toa said. I wince at the pain from my split knuckles and turn to tell him off when I suddenly hear a moan from the bed.

 

Sun Hee’s POV

I’m feeling very weak and thirsty right now. My mouth feels so dry but I start to salivate all of a sudden when I smell an intoxicating metallic scent.

“Sunhee? Are you awake? – “ I hear someone but I can’t focus on the voice I’m too distracted by the scent. “Can you hear me?”

“Thirsty-.” I croaked.

“Oh! She says she’s thirsty, should we give her some water?”

“Idiot, she’s not thirsty for water right now you .”

“t-thirsty-“ I croaked again.

“Hey, it’s alright, open you mouth a bit Sunhee.” I heard someone say. I really liked hearing this voice; It gave me a warm feeling and I immediately obeyed.

The intoxicating metallic scent that woke me up became very strong and then I felt something warm on my lips, dripping something into my mouth. I tasted it on my tongue and gave out a pleasurable moan wanting more. I suddenly felt a tingling sensation on my gums and felt my fangs descend.  I suddenly there was an overwhelming rush of energy and I grabed onto the flesh that was across my mouth sinking my fangs into it while , I felt like I was starved for years.

“Sunhee, Sunhee, you need to stop.” Soon after I heard someone shouting my name soon.

I started paying attention to my surroundings and realized that I was on someone’s hand. I gasped letting go of the hand and looked around seeing Sehun, Luhan, Tao, Chanyeol and Kai with his head on the bed I was lying on.

“Oppa, what is this?” I asked them remembering all of what happened before. The last thing I remember was an unbearable sense of pain and Kai’s tear-filled shocked eyes. I looked back at Kai and saw him still with his head down on the bead at an awkward angle. “Oppa?” I called to Kai, reaching towards him only to be distracted by his bloody wrist.”

“Did I do that?” I asked the guys, holding Kai’s bloody wrist in my hands. I had this irresistible need to it clean but I resisted. Seemed like I’ve done enough damage for the time being.  I can still hear Kai’s heart beat at a slow but steady pace so I’m not worried. I’m more confused as to what happened.

“He’s alright, he just lost too much blood too soon but we had to stop you before you went any further. “ Chanyeol explained looking uncomfortable.

“Are you still hungry? You’re not going to eat us too are you?” Sehun looked at me suspiciously.

“Aham!” Luhan exaggeratedly cleared his throat grabbing Sehun’s attention and gestured towards the door, asking him to leave I’m guessing. “Listen, all I’m going to tell you is that after you passed out from the deep cut on your neck, you almost died but Kai decided to take care of you. It’s been two days and he’s been caring and worrying about you non-stop. You two need to talk to each other and figure this out so we are going to head out the door. Let Kai know when he wakes. In the mean time I can trust you not to kill him right?” He asked with a smile but I get the feeling he wasn’t joking. I give a nod to reassure him. “Oh, and a tip. If you give him a few drops of your blood he should be able to make a speedy recovery from his sudden blood loss.” He commented before leaving with the others.  

Finally alone with Kai, I use my fangs to make a small cut on my wrist and grab a drop of blood moving it to Kai’s mouth. I run my hands through his soft hair while I wait for him to wake up. After a few minutes of and murmuring he does.

Coming face to face again, my heartbeat faster from, fear, excitement and love. I did’t know why he decided to take care of me for the past two days but I can only hope that he changed his mind about killing me for the better.

“Oppa?” I spoke  hesitantly.

“God, your finally awake?” he asked reaching out a hand towards my face. I instinctively flinched not knowing what he’s going to do next. “I’m so sorry for ever thinking about hurting you, I have so much to apologize for. I’m sorry for trying to kill you, I’m sorry for treating you so badly-.” I reached out a finger and placed it across his lips, stopping his train of words.

“Oppa, I’m really glad you changed your mind,” I said with a sad smile, “but I don’t understand how I am still alive I thought I’m supposed to die with a beheading.”  I asked.

“I didn’t,” he said. “You passed out from the blood loss and pain so you didn’t know that I never did it. I was never going to actually. I knew it the moment I looked in to your sincere gaze when you confessed that you still loved me when I had a blade against your neck ready to kill you but you forced my hand before I could move away.” He complained glaring at me.

I felt my eyes fill with tears. “Oppa, you have no right to complain. I thought it was what you wanted all along. You told me that the only reason I’m was a part of your family was so that you could keep and eye on me till I turned 17 and then kill me when I start to show my vampire side.”

“Would you ever be able to forgive me for what I did? Give me a chance to fall in love with you?” he asked. My heart raced with excitement at this but I had to know something.

“Kai, is it even possible between us? We are supposed to be enimies.” I said while sobbing. “Would you ever see beyond the vampire in me?”

“I already do, baby. I already do.” He said while reaching out to gently hold my face, bringing his lips closer and crushing his lips to mine. He grabbed me around the waist pulling me closer towards the end of the bed where he was sitting. I gasped and he took that as a sign to take it further, running his tongue on my lips and meeting my tongue with his. His hands were moving on my back in soothing making me feel really safe in his arms.

He pulled away and gazed at me. “I swear you won’t regret giving me this chance. I will make it my life’s goal to make it up to you Sunhee.” He promised bringing a smile to my face.

We decided to cuddle in bed after, talking about what happened with his real parents and his history, how he came to be with Mr and Mrs Kim. We also talked about me, how they found and took me in to live with them. He explained to me about vampires and what’s going to happen to me now too.

“Oppa, since I’m immortal does that mean I we can never be together?” I asked him feeling extremely sad to be this close to him yet it felt like everything was against us.

“I’ve been thinking, I don’t think one lifetimes going to be enough for me to make up for all the wrong’s I have done to you,” Kai said confusing me. “That’s why when I’m ready I want you to turn me.” He said looking a bit unsure.

“Y-you mean into, what I am? A v-vampire? You want me to turn you?” I asked feeling shocked. “But Kai, t-that’s-.”

“I know it may seem like a big change for me to go from killing vampires to want to be one. But my priorities changed the moment I decided to be with you.” He looked at me thoughtfully. “If you can sacrifice your precious life to offer me a bit of peace, the least I can do is be courageous enough to spend forever with the girl who means the world to me.” He said pecking me on the lips. I blushed and looked at our joined hands feeling my eyes fill with happy tears. 

“I love you, Kai, I feel so happy right now.” I said to him.

“Good, because I live to please you, my baby,” he joked making me laugh.

 

*******

Sun Hee's POV

-A month later-

I hear the final bell for the day signaling the end of another school day. I run home and changed heading towards the city to catch a taxi. I head to the airport, feeling very excited.

It’s been five days since I last saw Kai. He had to go to Japan with Exo for some promotional activities.

The taxi reached the airport and I paid the driver in a hurry. I got off and ran inside to see whether they’ve landed yet. I asked the information desk and was told that the flight has landed. I see all the exo fans around me and stand around with them waiting for Kai to come out with the rest of the members.

While waiting I think back to the day I got introduced to the members as Kai’s girlfriend. They were all confused of course because they previously knew me as Kai’s sister. Most of them were shocked at the scandal but once they all understood what the real story was, they calmed down. Turns out not all exo members were hunters like I first thought. Of course living with the hunters, all the guys were aware of the supernatural creatures and the hunters within their group but only Luhan, Tao, Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai were hunters. Then again Kai’s not a hunter anymore. More like he can’t be anymore, I think smiling.

I suddenly felt someone grab me before I could react. I felt a rush of air and the next thing I knew I’m being pinned to a wall with Kai’s lips on me.

“Miss me baby?” he asked me smiling.

I laughed looking around to see that he has dragged me to a deserted place in the airport.

“Vampirism suite you well Kai but don’t you think your enjoying the powers a little too much?” I . “What if someone saw you in the crowd?” I asked.

“Nahhh! I was too quick for that.” He winked at me, killing me a little. “Sunhee, baby can you got to the van and wait for me and the guys in there? I need to go back and join the guys or the fans will wonder what happened to me all of a sudden.” I agreed and gave him a peck moving towards the van.

That’s right, Kai can’t be a hunter anymore since he is a vampire now. The day I gave him my ity he gave me his humanity and asked me to turn him. Sometimes I think he enjoyed the perks of being a vampire a little too much, like right now. But then there are times the guilt of his parents takes the better of him. I always helped him through those rough times.

Not long after I got on the van the guys got there too. Kai took a seat beside me and I cuddled in to him trying to get comfortable.

“I missed you,” he told me.

“Me too.” I agreed. “I’m glad your back. I love you. It was cold at night without you.” I whispered in his ear teasing him and giving it a playful nip.

“You little minx. You’re going to pay for that.” He answered back. “On your back, on my bed. Tonight.” He whispered back to me making me blush.

To be honest though, Life couldn’t be any better for me right now.

I’ve got the perfect partner to spend eternity with, what more could any girl ask for.

Our start may have been rough but I know that our future is going to be diamond.

-Vampire Kai-

# Kai normally has dark eyes but when his vampire side comes to the surface it changes to blue same with Sun Hee #


A/N: So this was my first onehot. Please let me know what you thought about this. I am looking to improve my writting so any advice and critism is highly appreciated.

Enjoy the read. Comment and Subscribe <3