Of Butterflies and Magic

Of Butterflies and Magic

 

"So, what do you think?" Sehun asks with one hand nervously picking at his dyed hair.

You purse your lips and squint at him, as though you're not at all sure what you think of his dry colorful follicles; as though your dearest friend's new hair color hadn't been the first thing you had seen all over your Twitter feed that morning and you hadn't demanded right away to see it in person. You know exactly what you think of his locks, now tinted in various pastel hues, but it's fun to pretend like you don't, and watch as Sehun's brows furrow in worry about your opinion.

"I think you look like a cupcake," you finally answer. "A vanilla cupcake with rainbow frosting." 

Sehun's arm drops to his side, the worry on his face quickly replaced with that nonchalant expression he wears so often. "Did you come here just to be a bother and compare me to a dessert?"

"A very pretty dessert," you correct him. "And yes. Why else would I be here but to bother you?" you ask, meaning to , and you hope that the staccato laugh that comes out of Sehun is loud enough to drown the sound of your heart hammering against your chest.

You've known Sehun since you were eight, after he had accidentally stepped on your favorite doll in the playground (and even though the younger boy had a stare so piercing that you felt like you had to apologize for your squashed Barbie, he had bowed a full 90 degrees while giving a squeak of an apology and, to your surprise, handed you the latest model a few weeks later. His cheeks had been a bright shade of pink then, as he sheepishly explained that he had saved part of his allowance to replace the toy he stepped on) so you never really needed a good reason to come over and spend time with him in the dorm. Besides, the rest of the Korean subgroup are always welcoming you with open arms.

But you will never admit that there's a certain pair of arms you like being in more than the others, and that the owner of said arms is almost always the reason you're there every chance you get.

Sehun narrows his eyes and looks like he wants to say something but, before he can open his mouth, a disembodied voice asks "You mean you're not here for me?" and it takes a moment to realize whose it is.

You freeze.

It's not that his presence is a total shock; you had been told prior to the visit that Sehun wouldn't be in the dorm alone, even though Joonmyun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo have just left for a vocal practice together and Jongin is in the dance studio with his best friend Taemin, because there is still one person in the group who doesn't have anything planned for the day.

That particular person just happens to be right behind you, waiting for you to give him a reply, and you wonder if it's okay to turn around and go in for a --

You choose to ignore him, focusing your gaze instead on Sehun. "Did you hear something?"

And that's when you're brought into an unexpected headlock, one of Chanyeol's arms s loosely around your neck as his cologne washes over you like a comforting, fragrant wave. He's saying something into your ear but your sense of focus has abandoned you, leaving you helpless against the older's chest, trying so hard to not close your eyes and simply melt into his embrace.

Most of his words sound fuzzy, and it's only when you catch the final two words: "Got it?" do you protest by gently pushing his arm away and nodding dumbly in reply.

You have absolutely no idea what it is you're supposed to have got and you spend much of the day mentally replaying his playful hug, Chanyeol's deep voice repeating muffled words you just can't seem to make out. The scene plays on an endless loop in your mind, even as you rest your head on his shoulder while the three of you are on the couch watching a variety show; even as his lips give your hair the slightest of brushes when he turns to talk to Sehun, and even after Jongin returns to the dorm, engulfing you in a sweaty embrace and looking extremely exhausted from practice but cheerily demanding fried chicken for dinner nonetheless.

When you make your leave though, after victoriously ruffling through Sehun's hair and referring to him as a cupcake one last time, you decide it doesn't matter what Chanyeol had said; what matters is that you spent a lot more time by his side than by Sehun's, and he didn't seem to mind it one bit.

The first time you met Chanyeol it had been just before their debut, and Sehun had dragged you out for bubble tea.

"Why can't you ask one of your hyungs? Didn't you say there were like 20 of them or something?" you had whined into the phone, one hand lazily shielding your eyes from the glaring sunlight.

"11 - not 20 - and none of them are as wonderful as you~" Sehun had cooed.

You pretended to gag.

"Noona, please! They're asking me to go alone, I only have you." 

You opened your mouth to refuse him, still, but Sehun had chosen that very moment to use his trump card, repeating the honorific "noona" over and over again, and with a groan you realized there was no way you could go back to sleep. Not when the image of Sehun pouting all the way to the bubble tea shop and back was deeply embedded into your brain.

When you did arrive at the meeting place however, you found that your childhood friend hadn't been worth the pity at all, because there was someone clinging on to his arm, seemingly forcing Sehun to take a photo with him.

"Hello, liar," you greeted Sehun before nodding at the strange tall boy with the feline eyes.

"It wasn't my idea," Sehun immediately said, defensively putting his hands up to his chest. "They really wanted to meet you." 

It hadn't been the first time Sehun had mentioned his groupmates' bizzare desire to meet you, but you had always been able to avoid the possibility of actually meeting them. It wasn't that they hadn't sounded like nice people - Sehun spoke so fondly of them - it was the simple fact that you had never been particularly great at keeping friends, and after all these years, as you watched people you were once close to come and go, you had vowed to never let anything jeapordize your one perfect friendship.

Staying away from his groupmates seemed to make sense as a way to stick to your vow. While Sehun clearly got along well with every single one of his fellow members, what were the chances that all eleven of them would like or even accept your presence? (Of course, you soon found out that they had not only accepted or liked your presence, they constantly demanded it.) So you supposed tricking you had been their only choice at the time.

Your absent-minded nodding came to a halt when you processed again what Sehun had just said. "Wait, they?"

"This," Sehun motioned to the boy next to him, "is Zitao. He's one of the Chinese members."

"Oh, yes, hello. You can just call me Tao," the cat-eyed boy said, his words laced thickly in an accent you still weren't used to. Zitao quickly put his phone away and extended a hand for you to shake, which you did, and his grip was suprisingly strong - a contrast to the hesitation in his earlier nod and gentleness of his smile. 

"Ah, Sehun's told me a lot about you."

"Oh, really?" Zitao's face lit up. "What did he say?"

"That you take more selcas than anyone even though you're the ugliest," Sehun had answered instead, which made Zitao's face contort into an expression between amusement and exasperation, and you couldn't help but chuckle when the Chinese boy smacked Sehun's arm repeatedly. Sehun looked like he wanted to retaliate before thinking better of it, then said, "Anyway, Chanyeol went to the -- oh, there he is."

Chanyeol's ears were the first thing you noticed about him (other than his height), the way they stuck out of his wavy brown hair, and when he appeared at your side you took in the softness of his skin and the slight chubbiness of his cheeks. And as you kept mum, amazed by the guy standing right next to you, Sehun helped to introduce you, revealing your name and age (which led to them insisting you spoke comfortably).

You had never really liked your name much, but that was before hearing Park Chanyeol repeat it in that godsent voice of his. You decided, then, that you were glad to have been tricked that day.

It's only weeks after Sehun's had his hair dyed a thousand (read: it was really just seven) different colors at once do you finally realize the cause for all the heart palpitations and sudden loss of words whenever Chanyeol's around. You've caught feelings, and you've caught feelings bad.

The realization hit you in a moment that, despite its significance, wasn't all that special. After receiving a call from a distressed Chanyeol practically begging for your help on a song, you had rushed through the process of getting ready, and when you reached the bus stop nearest to the café and noticed that the butterflies were still fluttering around in your belly, you knew it hadn't been because you were worried. 

You were nervous.

And you still are nervous, as you watch Chanyeol's smooth lips wrap around the straw in his cup and his eyes widen in delight at the taste of his favorite drink. You want to say something - a recount of a funny memory, perhaps, or a friendly remark about the disarray of papers (which are blank on one side, and full of Jongin and Baekhyun's doodles on the other) all over the booth you're sitting in - but he's staring, Chanyeol's staring, at you, as though he's trying to memorize exactly how your eyes look.

It doesn't help that he chooses that very moment to say, "The outline of your irises are really pretty," because you can't remember ever being complimented about the damn outline of your irises (can someone say specific?) and you're certain you're more of a liquid than your strawberry smoothie will ever be.

You stammer a thanks after a moment, and Chanyeol sighs in content at that, and it doesn't make sense, none of it makes sense, so you excuse yourself to the restroom.

There's no real need to be in here, but you figure the seat right across Chanyeol's isn't exactly the best place to close your eyes and start taking deep breaths before whispering words of encouragement to yourself because then Chanyeol would ask what the matter was. Or worse, Chanyeol would get up from where he's sitting and start trying to do things he thinks might soothe you, like gently massaging your shoulders or running a careful hand down your back or --

You open your eyes in shock, torn between feeling guilty somewhat for daydreaming about Chanyeol and wanting to let your imagination run free. You catch a glimpse of your reflection in your predicament, and you think of Chanyeol; of the sincerity in his smile as his fruity voice comments on the features of your face.

You're wearing your hair the same way you always have, the style being so passé even when you had decided to start wearing it like this. You haven't been under the knife, much unlike most of your fellow schoolmates, so your eyes aren't as big and beautiful, and your nose isn't as defined as theirs. Your lips might be your favorite facial feature, but even those are cracked slightly at the corner, and you can't understand why anyone, especially Chanyeol who sees plenty of beautiful idols and aspiring trainees, could find any nice words to describe a face such as the one you're looking at now.

But no matter how hard you find it to believe Chanyeol's words, your desire to actually believe him is even greater, and you decide, then, that maybe it wouldn't hurt to truly accept his praises once and for all.

You've been in the restroom for a good seven minutes and as you make your way back to the booth, you quietly brace yourself for an interrogation about your health (because Chanyeol is easily worried like that, which you find extremely endearing) but find that the story you had just made up about a bad sushi from earlier doesn't need to be told just yet, because Chanyeol doesn't even seem to notice you're back.

The papers that had been all over are now in a neat stack on the table and Chanyeol, with his thick-framed glasses slowly slipping down the bridge of his nose, is hunched over in his seat earnestly writing what seems like lyrics down onto a previously blank sheet. He doesn't say a word or react to anything else around him, so fixated on the paper with the scribbles he's probably forgotten he's even in a café at all.

As he continues writing, the ice in his drink continues to melt, and you just know that if he abandons it any longer he'll frown and scrunch his nose in displeasure when he eventually takes a sip, but you can't bring yourself to distract him from his task. Because the way he is now, eyes mind and soul focused nowhere else but on the song he's working on, is incredibly charming.

His drink is completely diluted when he finally puts the pen down and offers a smile your way. He looks positively ridiculous, and you can't help but push his lensless glasses up.

"Thank you," he says, and you can tell he's genuinely grateful. "I couldn't form the words before you came, but seeing you here has helped, so, thank you."

Frankly, you don't think you deserve such heartfelt gratitude since all you did was to silently realize your feelings for the guy sitting before you, but you nod anyway, not wanting to offend Chanyeol by rejecting his thanks. 

You look at the stack of papers. "What'd you write?" you ask and without actually waiting for an answer, you try to reach out for the pile, but Chanyeol surprisingly pulls it toward himself. "Hey, let me see!"

"No." He gives a nervous laugh. "No, this is just a rough draft. I'll - I'll let you listen to it when it's ready. I promise."

You fold your arms and lean back, frowning at him.

"Cute," Chanyeol says, and it's enough to make you disentangle your arms and sit upright, which only makes him chuckle. "So, have you met Cupcake lately?"

The fact that he's changed Sehun's name to Cupcake has you laughing, and the two of you fall easily into a conversation before that laughter even dies. Conversations with Chanyeol has always been effortless once it starts, this current one being no exception, and when Chanyeol takes a sip of his diluted drink before you can warn him, he makes the very same expression you had pictured him to make, except it's much, much funnier to see in person and you continue to break into a fit of giggles even after the moment is over.

Somewhere along the middle the questions he asks get heavier, and before you know it you're opening your heart up to Chanyeol, talking about things you've always kept to yourself and never once told a single soul (not even Sehun, who knows almost all of your secrets. You do avoid talking about your massive, embarrassing crush, though. That is one thing no one should know) with him listening intently and nodding a few times, head resting on the heels of his palms and full lips ed slightly into a pout.

You're not even sure what you're talking about half the time, because you're lost in his eyes; the way they sparkle in the dim orange light from above; the fact that his limbal rings are beautiful and infinitely more attractive than yours, and it's nice to have an excuse to examine Chanyeol's face up close.

Just as you start to contemplate asking Chanyeol for a map so you can find a way out of his eyes, you notice there's a shadow of a person hovering just beside you. You stop talking, turning your attention to the stranger and realizing it's one of the baristas, who politely informs that they're closing up the café. Have you really been here that long? And where did everybody go?

"We were the only customers left, did you know that?" you ask once you've stepped out into the street, the clicking sounds of several camera shutters getting louder with each step you take. Even after all this time you still can't get used to the amount of eyes and lenses that follow you whenever you're out with Sehun or any of your not-so-new friends. It's smothering, really, but the discomfort is worth enduring when you have such great company.

"We were?!" he yells, and he looks so adorable all you can do is laugh.

Chanyeol, once he's gotten over the shock, laughs even louder.

It's been a couple of weeks but the song, whatever it is, still lingers in the back of your mind. You want to hurry Chanyeol into letting you listen to it or simply look at the lyrics but you figure it wouldn't be too courteous if you did that. So you try to spend lesser time with him, for your curiosity only gets stronger when you're around him, and instead find yourself in Sehun's arms more often than not.

"You've gotten clingy."

You pry your eyes away from the television, hair falling into your face as you turn your head against Sehun's shoulder to meet his gaze. "Why? You hate it?"

"No, I'm just not used to it. You've been here for three hours and you haven't once shoved me away. Usually, by now, you would've kicked me off the couch and pulled Chanyeol for a hug instead."

"Wh - wha - why, why would I pull Chanyeol? I do not usually do that."

Sehun just shrugs and presses his lips into a thin line before curving the corners downward.

"Besides, I think Chanyeol is about to become someone's boyfriend soon," you add, suddenly feeling the need to defend yourself and what you may or may not usually do.

"Really?" He then yells out for Chanyeol, who appears at the hall with wide panicked eyes, which narrow when Sehun asks, "Do you have a scandal we don't know about?"

"What kind of question - "

"He even wrote a song for her. He wrote it when we were at the café." Your mind is in no way short of theories about what the song might be about, but lately you can't seem to shake off the thought that it might be a personal song for someone, and quite possibly someone you weren't told about.

"I .. that's n-not true, it's normal. A normal song, I mean. Just another song," Chanyeol tries, but his stammering and rambling only confirms your suspicions.

"You can't hide from me~" you sing-song to Chanyeol, and it's the first and only thing you say to him that day.

It's not easy hiding a crush, especially one that's as big as your crush on Chanyeol, but you do what you can to prevent yourself from becoming a flustered mess every time he compliments your hair or outfit, or from sighing in content whenever he pulls you into his arms and onto his chest. You know you can't hide forever; that someday, your feelings will eventually be found out.

Just as Chanyeol's are being found out right now.

Eavesdropping has never been something you like doing, but you find it hard to simply walk away after overhearing Chanyeol telling Sehun about how a mysterious "she" is "different from the rest". Curiosity got the better of you, then, and here you stand, back glued to the wall, listening to the conversation in the next room.

"So sing to her, hyung," Sehun's voice answers, and you can just picture his face, looking incredibly uninterested and not at all portraying what he truly feels. "That song you wrote. Isn't it for her?"

Chanyeol gives a shy laugh. "It is. But she doesn't even know I wrote it for her."

"Make her know, then," Sehun urges.

"But what if she doesn't like me?" Chanyeol groans. "I'll just be embarrassing myself."

"So be it. If you really like her, don't you think she's worth feeling embarrassed for?"

Chanyeol hums in reply. "She's worth a lot more than just - "

You walk into the room, then, cutting Chanyeol off mid-sentence, which is a small relief because you really doubt you can listen to him go on about some unknown person and what he's willing to feel for her.

Just a small sort of relief, because it's strange how they've turned quiet the moment you enter the room, as if you haven't known them for years and been told every secret they've had. It's evident that Chanyeol has the hots for someone - a girl you probably know, judging by their sudden secretive behavior - and before you know it, you're jealous of Oh Sehun, of all the people in the world, for being able to see that much closer into Chanyeol's heart than you can at this very moment.

Or perhaps you're simply jealous of Chanyeol's mysterious crush - Little Miss Perfect with the Flawless Skin, who could possibly not fall for her? - because you wish that he had been talking about --

"Did you want something?" Sehun asks, and on any other day it would've sounded perfectly normal and you would joke about how, yes, you wanted to annoy Sehun just for the fun of it, but now there's a sting where the question had just bit, and suddenly you feel out of place.

"I just wanted to say goodbye," you answer, hoping your smile doesn't look as forced as it is. The truth is that you had come into the room to pester the both of them for bubble tea, a movie, a round or two of a board game, anything, but now you can't find the strength to stay.

Chanyeol abruptly gets up from where he sat on the bed. "You're leaving?"

"Yeah, you guys are boring," you sigh.

"And yet you keep coming here," Sehun observes with an even louder sigh.

You shoot Sehun a look.

"Don't listen to him," Chanyeol says, and you feel the warmth on your shoulder before you register that he's standing just inches away, one fair hand on you like it belongs there. "He's mean when he's sad."

"Sad?" you echo, blinking several times, as if that simple action could distract you from Chanyeol's touch. "Why?"

"They're dying his hair tomorrow." Chanyeol takes his hand off your shoulder and you watch him walk over to where Sehun is, slumped on a chair. The ghost of his touch lingers, still thumbing your neck ever so gently. "He'll no longer have rainbow frosting on top of his head."

"Word has it I'm going blonde," Sehun tuts. "Just blonde."

You make your way to Sehun now, and the three of you share a laugh when you say, "You'll still be our cupcake," but a moment later your breath hitches and your laughter dies in your throat, because just as you snake a hand into Sehun's colorful follicles, so does Chanyeol, and your fingers interlock.

Chanyeol has stopped laughing, too, but his eyes are like crescents and he has that famous teeth-generous grin on his face, and the way he looks, albeit incredibly adorable, scares you a little. It scares you, just how much you wish for Chanyeol's hand in yours and smile to mean something, but it shouldn't - and it doesn't - because Sehun cuts in soon to swat at your hands, reminding you that he's still there.

Much of the journey home has you wondering if coming clean about your feelings will ruin your friendship with Chanyeol and ultimately Sehun, but you keep going back to imagining what it could be like, if Chanyeol felt the same way as you did and hid it much like you are now. It doesn't hurt to dream, right?

Of course, you already know the answer to that, but the universe chooses to remind you because not a second later you walk into a door, earning you a throbbing pain on your forehead.

You haven't heard much from your childhood friend, or from the rest of the group, for slightly more than a week due to their busy schedule, so you're happy to get a message from Sehun this morning, even if it only stated a specific time to come over and nothing else.

As you waited for someone to open the door, you expected Sehun to be at the other side, grumbling about how you've reached several minutes before the arranged time, or Joonmyun bombarding you with questions about whether or not your journey had been safe and if you'd like him to pay for your cab ride home before you can even get a greeting out, or Kyungsoo in an apron asking if you'd like him to cook you something, or Chanyeol with his flashy smile extending his arms out for a hug, or Jongin yawning even as he gives a small respectful bow, or Baekhyun saying something witty instead of a simple 'hello'.

You certainly did not expect a slightly damp messy-haired Chanyeol, clad in only a pair of black neatly-pressed pants and a dark towel draped around his neck.

"Ah, you're a little early," Chanyeol says, tilting his head as he dries some of his hair, causing some of the clean moisture to spray onto your face. "Oh, sorry!" he yelps when he realizes what's happening, and brings a corner of his towel to your face to wipe some of the droplets away.

With Chanyeol's freshly-washed chest and towel so near, you feel like you're drowning in his scent - not the one you're used to, where he smells of the cologne you so adore, but the one that's a mix of soap and shampoo and a smell that's purely Chanyeol  - and it's all you can do to not trip and fall into his bare arms (and subsequently, to your death).

"Where's Sehun?" you ask once you're sitting on the couch and Chanyeol is in his bedroom, well away from your view. "He told me to meet him here but I don't even see him?"

"But he didn't," Chanyeol replies, sounding louder than usual in the seemingly empty dorm. "He simply told you to be here; he didn't tell you to meet him."

Just as you're about to ask what he means, Chanyeol appears in the hallway and your confusion immediately turns into admiration, eyes thirstily drinking up such a rare sight of a well-dressed Chanyeol in the comfort of the dorm.

Chanyeol has his hair up today, waxed to a style that makes him look better than you remember, and he's wearing a long-sleeved black shirt to match his black pants, the shirt being buttoned up all the way to the top and tucked into his pants. He looks so proper, if you didn't know any better you'd think he was heading for an interview (or a date) but it wouldn't be appropriate anyways if he was, because the shirt looks just half a size too small and you can clearly see where the fabric bunches up slightly at certain places, showing just how snugly it fits, and you worry that a button or two might just pop off by the way his chest is heaving and --

"Sehun's out with his friends," Chanyeol says, his deep voice slowly clearing out the fog in your mind.

"He's - Then, why would he - ?"

"Because I told him to." You meet Chanyeol's gaze. "I wanted it to be a surprise.. but it sounds a little silly now," he mumbles now, hand coming up to scratch the back of his neck.

"You wanted what to be a surprise?"

"I'm ready to let you listen to the song I wrote," he says nervously, and you realize that he had brought out his ukelele with him. "That is, if you want to hear it!"

"Of course," you tell him quickly, because you do want to hear Chanyeol's song, even if it could possibly break your heart into a million pieces. You remember how he had looked when he finished the rough draft of lyrics in the café that night; how proud he had been of his own work. 

Even if it'd kill you, you'd want to listen to his songs.

Chanyeol doesn't sit, opting instead to awkwardly stand as he does his little performance. He's stunning like this, towering over you and looking absolutely dapper, eyebrows knit together in concentration, full lips pouting slightly at every word that comes out in that low, raspy voice of his:

Call it magic, call it true
Call it magic when I'm with you
And I just got whole again
When I was once broken in two
So I call it magic, when I'm next to you

And I don't, and I don't and I don't, and I don't
No, I don't, it's true
I don't, no I don't, no I don't, no,
I don't want anybody else but you

Call it magic, call it right
And with all your magic, you caught me by surprise
And I can't get over, can't get over you
I believe in magic
And you're such a precious jewel

And I don't, and I don't and I don't, and I don't
No, I don't, it's true
I don't, no I don't, no I don't, no,
I don't want anybody else but you

The melody is simple, the words even simpler, and ironically enough the repetitive melody and lyrics soothes the ache in your chest. It feels heavy, your heart does, but the way Chanyeol looks as he hums the end of the song, eyelids shut as lashes tremble against soft cheeks, it feels like a huge weight is slowly being lifted.

That, of course, halts when Chanyeol's song finishes, and he asks for your opinion. It all comes rushing back, then, how Chanyeol is head over heels for someone who isn't you, and how Chanyeol is always so close to you, but is slowly slipping from your grasp.

You swallow hard and smile, hoping upon hope that your voice comes out steady. "I think it's amazing. If I was the girl you wrote this for," you give a shaky breath, "I would call it magic, too."

Chanyeol slinks into the couch next to you, and looks extremely relieved. "That's great," he sighs, and sets his ukelele aside before moving a little closer. "Because you are her."

"Huh."

Chanyeol moves closer still. "It's you. Why do you think I didn't want you to see the lyrics that night?"

This is a dream, this has to be. This is your mind playing tricks on you, imagining something so vividly until even you are confused. And yet, as you feel Chanyeol lace your fingers together and watch his gaze shift from your eyes to your lips to your eyes again, you can't help but think this might all be real.

"I'm sorry if this is too much for you take in."

"N-no, no, I - don't be sorry. This is just nice," you babble.

Chanyeol bites his lower lip, something he does when he's nervous or uncertain, or both. "I was wondering.. if you felt the same way."

"I do," you confess, and Chanyeol noticeably deflates before tugging your hand gently toward him, and you let him pull your body up against his. "I have to be honest with you. When I guessed you had feelings for someone, I imagined this girl who's so different from me.

"I imagined this girl to have a really nice voice that harmonizes so well with yours. I imagined her to be absolutely gorgeous, so even strangers would give the two of you one look and believe you were compatible. I imagined her with an amazing figure; a body that would fit so nicely with yours. Most of all I imagined her to like you as much as you like her, or perhaps even more, because you deserve the best."

"Hey." Chanyeol's voice is soft and reassuring, but you still can't shake the insecurities you've been having just yet.

"I - I don't know. I just pictured her so much better than me."

"Hey," Chanyeol says again, and you turn to meet his gaze this time. His breath is hot against your neck when he speaks. "Don't you know that you just described yourself?"

You know he's just being sweet (he must have learned it from Sehun) but you can't help the butterflies that dance around in your stomach, nor the blood rushing now to your cheeks. "Chanyeol, that lady I described is perfect in every way."

"You're perfect in every way," he whispers before leaning in, and your heart beats in the way it specially does for Chanyeol.

It has always been nice to be hugged by him but this, this is infinitely nicer than the ones he had given when you had no clue what the other truly felt. And when he tightens his hold on you, despite all those hugs you're used to getting, you've never felt closer to Chanyeol. 

And when his nose brushes lightly against yours, you believe this could be the start of something beautiful.