Destined to be Mine

Counting down the days until you see that I’m eternally yours...

                Tumbling through the worm hole was hellish. Upon reaching your destination, anyone would feel nauseous and dizzy, unable to focus or even balance themselves upon their feet properly. It would take approximately three hours to recover from the effects of the journey and in the meantime, the traveller would acquire a keen thirst for pineapple juice and an appetite for goji berries. No one knew why exactly it was these fruits which were craved for upon the journey’s end; it was just accepted to be. Worm holes were not a common occurrence in your world. This was however the means of transportation by which he’d arrived to your world. This was a fact you weren’t to know of until much later…

 

                It had been twenty-four hours since the encounter in the park. You had tried to convince yourself that it was just a dream instead of a memory, but it was something you could not quite get out of your mind no matter how hard you tried. It was unlike you to fixate upon something like this. You were quite good at letting things go normally, but not this time. The events seemed far too real to have been a dream, but if they were real then everything made even less sense. You had been threatened in the park. Your life had been in danger, but who would want to hurt you like that? Sure, you had people who you did not get along with, but there were no dangerous enemies who would threaten to take your life, were there?

                Finishing your glass of juice, you placed the glass in the kitchen sink and looked out of the window. It was broad daylight, the snow was lying thickly around your block of flats and the trees carried blankets of flakes upon their canopies. Your eyes wandered down the tree line and stopped. A frown crept upon your face. There was someone stood there…the same person who had been stood there four hours ago when you’d first gone to the kitchen to pour yourself a drink. Shrugging, you bypassed it and went about preparing dinner for yourself, completely forgetting about the person in the gardens outside. Two hours later, you returned to the kitchen sink to wash your pots and pans and there standing by the tree line was the very same person. That was now approximately six hours you’d seen them stood there, in the freezing cold.

                Alarm bells rang in your mind, telling you to stay put but curiosity got the better of you. You grabbed your coat and walked out of the flat, heading down the stairs and out of the building, marching towards the tree line where the person stood. You weren’t quite sure what you intended to say once you reached this person but you figured you’d think of something. You weren’t quite sure either where this sudden courage had sprouted from, but you decided to go with it. What could go wrong?

 

                “My lady,” it was a man stood there and he bowed at a ninety degree angle as you approached him. You studied him closely. He was a lot older than you, wearing a fairly thick fur coat with a matching scarf, hat and gloves. Despite all the layers, he was shivering profusely. It made you wonder why he was even outside if he was so cold.
                “You know, if you’re so cold, you should go indoors,” you told him. “Do you not have a home?” He remained with his head bowed, not responding. “Are you okay?” You asked him, hoping he wasn’t frozen in that position due to the cold. “You should sit down.” He immediately did as you said, sitting down upon the ground on his knees, his head lowered slightly, shivering still.
“What’s your name?” You decided to ask, trying a new tactic as you crouched down in front of him.
“Kim Dohyun, my lady.”
“You don’t need to call me ‘my lady’”, you chided him before telling him your name.
“I already know your name, my lady.” You frowned.
“What do you mean you know my name?” An uneasy feeling swept through you.
“Your name has been uttered from generation to generation. It would be impossible for anyone from our lands to not know who you are.”
“Your lands?” You looked at him in bemusement. “You talk like you’re from another universe completely.” He looked up at you for the first time and you caught sight of his deep emerald eyes. A gasp escaped you and you found yourself mesmerized by the rich colour of his eyes, a colour you’d never seen in anyone’s eyes. It was…beautiful.

                “My lady?” he looked at you curiously. “Are you alright, my lady?” he gently asked.
“Your eyes…are…so…green!” You exclaimed, unable to look away. A smile crossed his face before he said, “Not as green as the King’s.”
“The King…wait…the King?” You suddenly jolted back into reality and fell back into the snow, forgetting that you had been crouching the whole time.
“My lady!” you felt Dohyun’s hands upon your arms, helping you back to your feet. “Careful, my lady,” he dusted the snow off of your back before suddenly gasping and falling to the ground, bowing to you fully. “Please forgive me, my lady. I did not mean to touch you.”
“Why are you apologising?” You chuckled a little, finding the man named Dohyun entertaining. “I should be thanking you for helping me.”
“But-it is forbidden to touch you, my lady.”
“Forbidden?” You raised an eyebrow. “Dohyun, you seem like a really nice guy and all but-half of what you’re telling me is making no sense what so ever.”
“Perhaps I can help enlighten you.”
                               You spun round, towards the third voice that had spoken. It was a somewhat familiar voice, a voice you’d heard once before, not too long ago, yet somehow you could not place it…

                “Your Highness!” Dohyun scrambled to his feet before running over to the intruder, bowing to him before standing behind him. “My lady’s curiosity brought her out here. I was just about to suggest that she return to the warmth whilst I continued keeping watch.”
“Keeping watch?” You looked at them both, confused and amused. “Are you both stalking me? Because if so, I’m about to march right down to the police station and-”
“Forgive us,” the intruder stepped forward, got down on one knee and gently planted a kiss on the back of your hand. “There is much that requires explaining, but I promise you, you can trust us.” He looked up at you and your eyes met.

                The green of Dohyun’s eyes were nothing compared to this younger man’s. Eyes which were so rich and vibrant in colour, so enchanting, so charismatic and filled with life…and then your eyes noticed his defined features, his sharp jaw line, his soft dark, wavy hair, his perfectly formed adams apple, his smooth skin…

                “Who…are you…” you quietly asked, completely taken by his presence. He rose to his feet, your hand still in his.
“Kim Jonghyun the Third, first and only son of Kim Jonghyun the Second, successor and King of the lands of Aranthi, but also known affectionately as JR,” a smile broke out across his face and you felt your heart flutter for his smile matched the beauty of his eyes. “And you, my lady, are destined for more than this mortal life. You are destined for greatness.” He stepped towards you, filling the space between you both and leant in close to your ear, whispering your full name before telling you, “You’re destined to be mine."