Act Normal

Act Normal

  "How did you end up getting burned by a toaster!?" Minwoo yelled to his best friend Eric, standing by his hospital bed with his hands on his hips, glaring down at the older man. 

  "I thought there was a burglar in my house." he whined to the other. "So I unplugged the toaster since I didn't want it stolen! And ended up accidentally pressing the hot metal on my chest." Eric's pouty face mode activated as he looked up to Minwoo. He thought the other man was going to continue to be mad at him before he started laughing.

  "Oh my God, seriously?" he laughed out loud as he held onto his stomach, Eric's expression turning to that of stunned. "Oh God. That is the funniest way to end up in a hospital. 'How'd you get in here?', 'I burned myself on the chest with a toaster.'!"

  "Shut up Minwoo!" Eric exclaimed unhappily as he began slapping the shorter man on the chest in anger.

  The ringing of a phone suddenly made both of them stop what they were doing as Minwoo pulled it out of his pocket. He quickly brought the phone up to his ear and nodded a few times, answering back before hanging up.

  "I've got to go to work Eric. You know, at the shop." Minwoo said before patting his friend on the arm. "I hope you recover from your toaster injury." he said, trying hard not to laugh again as he turned around to walk out of the hospital.

  "Yah. You just want to go to work so you can see your Dongwannie~" Eric spoke, and Minwoo immediately turned around to face him.

  "He's not mine! At least not yet! And of course I want to see him." he said, his expression suddenly turning dreamy as he held his hands by his head. "That dreamy hunk of tanned muscles and sarcasm looks so hot in the summer time when he takes off the top half of his uniform and has car grease on his face. He looks especially hot when-"

  "Minwoo, stop!" Eric yelled as he covered his ears and started chanting 'la la la'. "I don't want to hear about your Dongwan fantasies!"

  Minwoo just put his hands on his hips again as Eric acted like a child before sticking out his tongue and turning around to go to work. Yes, work. The place where he could see Dongwan all the time (yet he still hasn't asked the man out on a date yet).

  Now that Eric was left alone, he brought his hands down from his ears and sighed before flopping back down on his bed. He didn't want to stay at the hospital. He didn't very much like them. They gave him the creeps after watching too many horror movies with Andy, his neighbor who acted like his little brother. 

  Shuddering in bed as he thought about it, he didn't notice as everyone else in the emergency room started whispering to each other before the door suddenly opened and another man entered.

  Eric looked up from where he was laying and was left slack jawed when he saw who it was.

  Shin Hyesung, famous idol and singer, his current and biggest crush in the entire universe was walking in the ER. 'Holy shi-!' he yelled in his head before it seemed like his brain shut down and he immediately burrowed under the covers, leaving only room for his eyes to watch as the man was lead to the empty bed next to him.

  Once Hyesung had sat down he covered his head completely and thought to himself deeply.

  'He's right there. He's so close you can touch him Eric. No! Don't do that! He'll forever think of you as some creepy touchy-feely man. Just admit it, you are a creepy touchy-feely man! Yes, but I only like giving out hugs and kisses to my friends like Minwoo or Andy. Yet, you wouldn't mind giving those hugs and kisses to Hyesung, maybe even more.' Quickly shaking his head, Eric moved erratically under the covers to rid himself of any weird thoughts before realizing he was making a fool of himself.

  "Mr. Mun." he heard to the right of his bed (fortunately the side facing away from Hyesung) and turned around, peeking out from under the covers like a child. "You need to refrain from stretching too much or your burns may cut open. Your skin needs time to heal enough where it can stretch properly. So can you please stay still, and move as little as possible? At least in your chest area for now." the nurse said.

  Eric just nodded before she gave him a smile and left, leaving him to sigh again as he looked up at the ceiling.

  "Hey, isn't that Shin Hyesung?" he suddenly heard a girl's voice and look up slightly to see a schoolgirl sitting by her friend's bed.

  "I think it is." he heard another voice.

  "Oh my gosh, Shin Hyesung."

  "Shin Hyesung, have my babies!"

  "Aaaaaah! Shin Hyesung!"

  "Asdfghjkl-" the last one he could hear seemed to be frothing at the mouth before fainting.

  Realizing how many female voices had started to scream the idol's name, Eric hid his face under the covers in shame. He felt so old and weird being Hyesung's fan when he had so many young girls in his fandom. Especially when he probably acted just like them at home. Instead of grading papers he'd be watching the idol's latest performance, looking up new articles, sometimes even reading fanfiction (which was weird when it was Hyesung x you since they always wrote about girl/boy romance instead of boy/boy romance).

  "Don't look at him. Don't look at him." he whispered quietly to himself as he brought the blanket back down. "Don't look at, him!" Eric suddenly yelled the last part when he saw Hyesung staring right at him from his hospital bed. 

  'Act normal, act normal. Don't be a creepy fanboy.' Eric told himself as he hid under the covers for the third time. 

  He thought that Hyesung had stopped looking at him but suddenly the covers were pulled form his head and he came face to face with the very object of his one-sided affection.

  Shrieking in surprise he almost fell off the bed before he was shushed by a nurse and nodded, sealing his lips tightly before his eyes slowly moved back to see Hyesung holding his blanket up. It became even more embarrassing when Eric realized he still wasn't wearing a shirt and only had bandages around his chest. 

  "Are you a fan?" he asked suddenly, stunning Eric for a few moments before he blushed darkly and nodded.

  Hyesung suddenly pulled the blanket back until it stopped at Eric's neck so he could see the man's face before smiling.

  "You seem like a nice guy. What's your name?" Hyesung asked as he moved to sit on the edge of his own bed and watched as Eric held onto the blankets before answering.

  "E-Eric." he said quietly, the blush never leaving his cheeks as the idol smiled and laughed.

  "Nice to meet you Eric." When Eric heard his own name coming from the idol's mouth his heartbeat went into overdrive and seemed to beat a thousand times per second. 'He said my name...he said MY name...Shin Hyesung just said my name!' he screamed in his head.

  "If, if you don't mind me asking..." Eric started, wondering why he was letting the words tumble out of his mouth. "Why are you in the ER?"

  Hyesung just laughed lightly before rolling his pant leg up.

  "I was practicing and ended up spraining my ankle. Everyone made a big deal about it though and brought me here." he said before shrugging and pulling his pant leg back down.

  'Nooooooo! Don't pull it back down!' Eric thought. 'No, wait. Stop being a ert Eric Mun!' The blush on his cheeks turned even darker (which didn't seem possible) as he wallowed in his own self pity, closing his eyes tightly. 

  "Are you alright?" he heard, and opened his eyes to see Hyesung looking at him again.

  "F-fine." he replied. Hyesung nodded before he suddenly got an idea and smiled before pulling his phone out of his pocket.

  "Hey Eric, do you wanna exchange phone numbers? You're a funny guy to talk to." he smiled and laughed, watching as Eric pulled his phone from his pocket and nodded.

  "There!" Hyesung said a few minutes later after they had saved each other in their contacts and smiled again before blinking while looking at Eric.

  'Oh no. Is there something wrong with my face!? Does he suddenly regret exchanging phone numbers with me!? Am I being too Eric!?' the older man yelled in his head as he thought about all the bad things before Hyesung opened his mouth again.

  "If you don't mind me asking Eric, how did you get in here?"

  Eric blinked and became completely still as he looked at Hyesung, and this time it was the other who thought he did something wrong. Finally though, Eric opened his mouth to answer.

  "I burned myself with a toaster." he said, and realized that what Minwoo said was true. It was probably the funniest way to end up in the hospital. And that's how he ended up, for the fourth time that day, diving under the covers with embarrassment.

 

  + Yup...so that happened. XD lol Should I write about this one but from Hyesung's perspective instead? e u e Wanna know what was going on in his head? Anyways, I hope you liked it! And I know it wasn't romantic at all but maybe I'll write a sequel when they end up together(?). Comments are appreciated and subbies welcomed! *shot and thrown into a volcano* Bye!