The Tale of The Red Rose

The Tale of The Red Rose
A young boy in his seventeen who is currently smitten in love, sitting in the grass in his garden. A moment later, he began to sobs, and then crying louder and louder, regretting his destiny.
 
"I'm in love with the girl, but she won't accept my love if I don't present her with the red rose. Unfortunately I have no any red rose in my garden," cried he.
 
A bird with the golden fur and blue eyes watches the young boy from the top of the tree with a piteous look. He's a grown up bird with name Jung Yonghwa. He has experienced various tastes of of life, from its bitter to its sweet, from its happiness to its gloom, but never once he experiences a heart broken because of love.
 
"She won't take me to the prom night, she will let me dance alone if I don't give her a red rose," a young boy cried louder.
 
"What's wrong with him?" asked the frog who passed by.
 
"He's broken heart,"answered Yonghwa.
 
"Why is he broken heart?" asked the grass who couldn't understand human language.
 
"The girl that he loves want a red rose, but he doesn't have any," answered Yonghwa.
 
The young boy continues crying even the sky had shown its gloomy face. And the water starts to drop to the earth. The young boy just keeps crying his heart out, imagining the rejection that he could receive from the girl.
 
The wise bird Yonghwa can't take it anymore. His soft heart insists him to help the young crying boy. So once the rain stopped, he starts to fly, asking from one flower to another flower to know the rose whereabouts. Until finally he found a plant which called rose.
 
"My dear friend, please kindly give me a red rose!" Yonghwa said.
 
"I'm so sorry my dear handsome fellow, but mine is not red rose. Mine is the white rose which is as clear as porcelain and whiter than dandelions," said the rose. Yonghwa began to get gloomy.
 
"Don't worry, my friend. I have sister which grows in the corner of the yard. She probably could help you," said the white rose.
 
"Really, would she gladly help me?" asked Yonghwa.
 
"Just tell her the greeting from Taeyeon, then she will surely help you," said the yellow rose. Yonghwa gladly nodded then fly towards the yard.
 
"Hello beautiful rose, I send a greeting from your sister Taeyeon. Will you kindly give me a red rose?" spoke Yonghwa.
 
"Thank you for sending a greeting from my sister, but pardon me my fellow, I don't have a red rose. Mine is the violet rose which more beautiful than the rainbow and as pretty as the twilight," said the violet rose. Yonghwa turned to be all gloomy as he couldn't find the red rose.
 
"Oh please don't be sad, my handsome fellow, you can come to our youngest sister which grow in the pathways. Just say the greeting from Tiffany and she will surely help you," said she. Yonghwa spread his wings and fly towards the pointed direction.
 
Yonghwa finally found the youngest sister of the rose. But the scene that he saw makes him feel pity. The rose is dying and the branches had scattered.
 
"Hello my fellow, I send a greeting from your sister, Tiffany," Yonghwa greet reluctantly. How could he ask her help when she's in that pitiful condition.
 
"Really, Tiffany unnie send her greeting to me? I miss her so bad," said the rose in a happy tone. Surprisingly, despite of her weak body, she still could show a happy expression after hearing her sister's name. Yonghwa just nodded lightly.
 
"Then what can I do to pay your kindness for delivering my sister's greeting to me?" asked the rose.
 
"I just asked a red rose. One is enough for me," said Yonghwa.
 
"Mine is red rose. It's redder than the blood and more beautiful than any kind of rose. But young man, unfortunately I can't help you," said the rose.
 
"You're a red rose, why can't you help me?" asked Yonghwa.
 
"The winter has chilled my veins, the frost has nipped my buds, and the storm has broken my branches. I shall not grow any flower at all this year," said the rose.
 
"Is there any way for me to get a red rose?" asked Yonghwa frustratingly.
 
"There is only one way, young man..."
 
"Yonghwa. Just call me Yonghwa"
 
"Alright Yonghwa. There is only one way to make a red rose, but I'm afraid that it could cost your life," said the rose.
 
Yonghwa contemplated for a while. Is it worthy to sacrifice his life to make a red rose for the young boy. He likes to sing every morning, he likes to fly around and play with the dandelions and the long grass. He likes to see the sun arise from the dawn. He's still hasn't got enough to see the beauty of the world.
 
"What should I do actually, agassi? Why has it cost my life?" Yonghwa asked. At least he got a reason of his dead.
 
"Just call me Seohyun. You see, Yonghwa! My body is weak so does my veins, I'm also frustrated by seeing my condition. That's why I couldn't grow my rose," Seohyun explained. Yonghwa touched after hearing Seohyun's condition. She's dying and barely living.
 
Now Yonghwa found a good reason to sacrifice himself. Not for a young boy who is on the verge of a broken heart, not for a damn red rose for the girl. But it's for Seohyun. For the dying Seohyun. He's seen her two sisters before, and they both are really beautiful roses. Earlier Seohyun said that she was the most beautiful roses among her sisters, but unfortunately she can't reveal her beauty as she's now dying. This. This is his reason to sacrifice himself. He wants to see Seohyun grew beautifully as she used to be.
 
"Tell me! Tell me what should I do to make you get healthy again?" Yonghwa asked.
 
"You wanna a red rose so badly, huh? You should sing a beautiful song to me under the moonlight, then press your chest against my thorn until it grace your heart. Then your veins will be mine. Are you sure you wanna do that?" Seohyun asked. Yonghwa just nodded and smiling. A smile that could steal Seohyun's heart away. A smile that could melt her cold heart. A smile that you will never bored when you see it. A smile that you would miss once it disappears. No, Seohyun couldn't let this happen. Seohyun doesn't want to lose Yonghwa, ever.
 
"Why? Why do you want it so badly even when you know that it could cost your life? What will you do with the red rose?" Seohyun asked.
 
"Now I don't care with the red rose anymore. I just want you to be alive healthy and grow a beautiful flower like you used to be," answered Yonghwa. Seohyun speechless. She never expects anyone would sacrifice his life for her, not even her sisters who already knew about her pathetic condition.
 
The night has finally come. The full moon has set up above in the sky. Seohyun's tears flow as she waits for her prince to come. They just barely met each other for a while, but they couldn't deny the growing feeling between them is something that known as love. Love. Yes, they love each other. And just right when they realize about those feelings, they should ready to lose each other.
 
Yonghwa come again after a while. He had bid goodbye to all of his friends and all the plants in the garden, also the oak tree, the place he used to stay. All of them teared up when Yonghwa said that he won't ever coming back. Yonghwa's been a good and caring friend. He also has a beautiful voice which could bring the joy to all of them. He always gladly helps them when they're in need without even hesitating.
 
"Hello Seohyun, I'm all ready now," Yonghwa said with smiling.
 
"Please don't. I don't want to see you...."
 
Before Seohyun could continue her sentence, Yonghwa starts to sing a beautiful melody. A beautiful melody which could attract the attention from all creatures which hear it. His golden furs shimmered prettily under the moonlight. Seohyun couldn't hide her admirations toward the creature before her. She could feel that her frustrations slowly lifted. Her gloomy feeling changed into a joyous gut. She feels refreshed.
 
Not so long after, Yonghwa positioning himself at Seohyun's longest and sharpest thorn. Before Seohyun could prevent him to move forward, Yonghwa has pushed himself towards the thorn. The thorn has finally stabbed Yonghwa's chest and the blood slowly dripping from it. A beautiful melody turned into a painful scream which could make everything which hear it crying. Seohyun feel her body slowly got stronger. She's more lovely than before. She then realizes that an inch more, her torn would grace Yonghwa's heart.
 
"No, Yonghwa! Please don't! Don't move any further!" Seohyun scream as she feels Yonghwa's heart. His handsome face turned paler and paler. While Seohyun getting more and more energized.
 
Yonghwa let out a loud moan when his heart fully stabbed by the thorn. The buds of the red rose starts to grow from Seohyun's body. Seohyun grow into a beautiful plant with the strong branches and veins. Yonghwa has replaced her veins with his.
 
"Please don't continue this Yonghwa! I'm all well now. I love you so much Yonghwa, I don't want to lose you," Seohyun cried as she sees the man that she loved dying on her very own thorn.
 
"I love you too, Seohyun! I love you more! Among all the experiences that I have, meeting you is the most beautiful miracle that I ever have," Yonghwa said weakly.
 
Seohyun, getting stronger she is, trying to embrace Yonghwa with her branches. But as her branches are full of thorns, she can't hold him tightly. She's afraid that it could hurt Yonghwa more.
 
"I love you Seohyun! I love you with all of my heart and my life," Yonghwa said weakly as his life is slowly leaving his body. Rain makes its appearance once Yonghwa's body touch the ground. Seohyun crying badly after seeing the one she loved has died. The nature starts to hum a painful melody as they witness a tragic scene. Seohyun, the beautiful red rose, lose her first and last love on her own thorn.
 
The next day, the young boy walks toward the pathways with the sad face. But his sad face turned into a wide smile after seeing the red flowers grew from Seohyun's body. The boy takes all the red roses mercilessly, without even saving some mercy for her.
 
"Yeah. I got the red roses already. It means that she would agree to be my girlfriend, then she would be my partner for the prom night," said the young boy happily.
 
"Is that Yonghwa, is that the boy that you want to help so badly? He who doesn't even look your body even though you are lying next to me? He who picks all of my flowers mercilessly  without thinking that I could've died because of his action?" Seohyun sobbed painfully. Seohyun keep sobbing until the red fluids drip from her body.
 
Meanwhile, in the other side of the world, the young boy arrives at the house which belongs to the girl that he loved. With a bucket of the red roses, he walks confidently towards the girl that sitting in the balcony. The girl welcome him with a big smile when she sees the red roses on his hands.
 
"Wah, it's so pretty! Where did you find those pretty roses?" said the girl cheerfully. The boy grinned as he finally gets a chance to earn her heart. 
 
"I just found it on my way here. Do you like it?" asked the boy.
 
"Yeah, I like it so much. I used to take the red rose in the pathway, but as it attacked by the storm, the plant began to wither. Glad that you find the substitute," said the girl. The boy thinks back, he also found the red roses in the pathways. Is it the same roses as the girl means? he wonders.
 
"So do you agree to be my prom?" asked the boy.
 
"Only if you could bring me the bucket of red roses again," said the girl. The boy smile, he surely able to present the red roses to the girl as he sure that the plant is firmly live on the pathways. 
 
Before the prom night, the boy walks again toward the pathways to takes the red roses again. But the view there makes him cry painfully. The blooming red roses have now disappeared. The sturdy plant now has bent down with the red fluids keep flowing from its body. As he walks closer, he sees that the plant looks like trying to cover the lifeless bird with the thorn on its chest. The red fluid from the rose blended together with the blood from the bird. He just remembers that it was the bird that always singing every morning in his garden. He just realizes that in this past few days he hasn't heard the chirping bird from his window. So here it is, died in the arm of the red rose.
 
"Oh my God, I just killed a couple. They should have loved each other. My selfishness kill them. Oh my God!" cried the boy.
 
The sight in front of him makes him completely forget about the girl's request to bring a bucket of the red roses. He now determined to find a girl who is willingly loves him back, without asking any compensation. He takes the mental note from beautiful love tragedy between the bird and the red roses. 
 
The nature has spread the news to all over the world. The story about the red rose which is dead while bent down into her beloved bird. The bird who sacrificed his life for the sake of the rose. Taeyeon and Tiffany, the red rose's sisters, start to cry heavily after knowing the tragic story of their youngest. Unknown to them, the red rose and the bird are having a sweet rendezvous in heaven.  God needs the singer to enliven the heaven and need the red rose to decorate it. Every morning, the bird singing beautifully and flew near the rose. Both of them look so happy. So at last, they are getting on together again, in heaven.