What is love?

That February Assignment

Seohyun was asked to write an article about love in gratitude of February the 14th, and she decided to seek help from her Unnies. In which, she learned that not all of her members should have participated in the assignment.

 

***

 

1. Kim Taeyeon

 

Seo: Okay Unnie. You may start.

 

Tae: …

 

Seo: Unnie?

 

Tae: Right! Sorry! I just… don’t know where to start.

 

Seo: Umm… you can just tell me what you honestly think. They don’t have to be in order or anything.

 

Tae: All right… what is love? That was the question right?

 

Seo: Yes.

 

Tae: Okay so… umm ah! Got it! Love is when you know someone will always be there for you no matter what happens. You’ll always have that person to depend on and you never feel lonely when you think of her. Or about that eye smile or about that laugh. Or anything about that person actually.

 

Seo: Unnie that’s so sweet!

 

Tae: Heheh… thanks Joohyun.

 

Seo: Wait Unnie… did you just say her?

 

Tae: Goodbye now. I have a schedule.

 

Seo: Unnie wait! Don’t run!

 

***

 

2. Jung Sooyeon

 

Jess: This question is too broad.

 

Seo: It is but you can always narrow it down.

 

Jess: I don’t know what to tell you Joohyun. I’m not really an expert on this topic.

 

Seo: It’s okay… just tell me what you know then.

 

Jess: …

 

Seo: Unnie? Are you blushing?!

 

Jess: What? Haha this???... It’s because it’s hot in here.

 

Seo: I’m freezing.

 

Jess: Maybe I have a fever.

Seo: Unnie! I’m recording you! I need your answer now!

 

Jess: All right! Okay! Geez… love is… okay you know when you mess up and you feel so miserable about it? Yeah… and then you see the person and the person just smiles at you and you already feel better about it. Like you never actually messed up in the first place. Does that make sense?

 

Seo: Yeah it does. That’s actually pretty specific Unnie and really nice. Thank you for your time.

 

Jess: And oh oh! Even when you keep messing up that person will never judge you

 

Seo: Okay that’s also nice

 

Jess: Like you know, when you mess up during practice and people are so annoyed but not her. She’s never annoyed…

 

Seo: Oh-kay…

 

Jess: Hmm… why is that? Why is she never annoyed Joohyun?

 

Seo: I don’t know…

 

Jess: …

 

Seo: Unnie?

 

Jess: Yeah?

 

Seo: Who are you talking about? Because it can’t be Hyoyeon Unnie… she gets mad at everyone who doesn’t keep up. Remember Tiffany Unnie and her during trainee years? That was horrible to watch.

 

Jess: …

 

Seo: Unnie?

 

Seo: Unnie….?

 

Seo: All right then. I’ll leave now.

 

***

 

3. Lee Sunkyu

 

Seo: Unnie will you put that Gameboy down for a second?

 

Seo: Pleaseeeee?

 

Sunny: Oh my god! Geez. You’re getting better at that pouting thing Joohyun. I’d say in a few years we could be partners in crime hehe wait did you already press the button?

 

Seo: Yes!

 

Sunny: All right! I’m ready!

 

Seo: Okay then. Start.

 

Sunny: Oh yeah okay. Hmm… I think that it’s when you use so much aegyo on that person and the person actually loves it.

 

Seo: Is that it?

 

Sunny: That’s like pretty much what love is. Didn’t you know Joohyun?

 

Seo: No, apparently I have so much to learn from you.

 

Sunny: $50 per class and I only take cash.

 

Seo: Goodbye Unnie.

 

Sunny: Awwhhh Joohyun you’re no fun!

 

***

 

4. Hwang Miyoung

 

Tiff: Wait no don’t press it yet! I’m not ready!

 

Seo: But you said you were 5 seconds ago!

 

Tiff: Well now I change my mind about it and where did I put that dictionary?!

 

Seo: It’s fine Unnie. No need to be nervous and what do you need the dictionary for? I need your own definition of love. Not the printed ones.

 

Tiff: I know that.

 

Seo: Then?

 

Tiff: I just… forgot a word in Korean hehe

 

Seo: Then maybe just use simpler words? I’m recording this for my memory anyway so I won’t forget what to write about.

 

Tiff: Oh all right. Okay. Here goes nothing…

 

Seo: Go on….

 

Tiff: Oh Joohyun I am so bad at this! Will it help you if I explain it with a situation then?

 

Seo: Okay, you can try.

 

Tiff: So it’s like this. You know when you’re really tired from the last night’s activities but you have to practice anyway? So you do. You practice and imagine practicing with Hyoyeon! Your body is so sore and your mind is just so so so tired and when you’re done with practice you just want to go home. Have a nice long bath with some soothing background music while you sip on some good wine. Then during that bathing time you have this blissful feeling of tiredness washing away from you and you can just take a deep breath and fall asleep with a smile on your face. That’s like… love to me.

 

Seo: That…actually gave me goosebumps.

 

Seo: Do you always feel like that Unnie? Is that how it feels to be in love?

 

Tiff: Well yeah. You know, there’s always going to be good moments and bad moments. The good moments…I connect it with that blissful bathing thing I just told you earlier but the bad moments… I can connect it with practicing with Hyoyeon. Hehe

 

Seo: Thank you Unnie! You’ve given me so much.

 

Tiff: No problem. I’ll be in the room if you need anything okay?

 

Seo: Okay goodbye.

 

Seo: Unnie, it’s already midnight, why are you going to Taeyeon unnie’s room?

 

***

 

5. Kim Hyoyeon

 

Hyo: Helloooo have you come to seek help in dancing?

 

Seo: No. Wait what’s wrong with my dancing?!

 

Hyo: Hehe nothing’s wrong. I’ll just help you fix your hip movements and your legs and your posture and ohhhh so many things to do! Joohyun quick! Go change. We’re practicing now!

 

Seo: Oh okay! But will you answer the question first?

 

Hyo: Hmm… for me… love is… when the person accepts all your flaws and complains nothing about them.

 

Seo: Heheh Unnie if only you do that when it comes to practicing.

 

Hyo: What?! I accept your flaws! All of them! Alllll… of them!

 

Seo: Wait Unnie that sounds like a lot of flaws!

 

Hyo: Joohyun I’m tired now. I don’t feel like practicing anymore. Goodbye.

 

Seo: Unnie wait! What do you mean by ‘Allll’ of my flaws!

 

***

 

6. Kwon Yuri

 

Yuri: Okay so. It’s like… you’re always with that person and always think highly of that person and you know…. Like never giving up on each other. Even when that person makes a mistake, you don’t give up. You just keep on caring about that person.

 

Seo: Okay… that’s very thoughtful of you Unnie.

 

Yuri: Like you know… when that person messes up but you still do care and you never get frustrated because you love that person a lot!

 

Seo: Yeah!

 

Yuri: Right?!

 

Seo: Yeah totally!

 

Yuri: Woohoo!

 

Seo: Yeahhh!

 

Yuri: Alright!

 

Seo: Yay?

 

Yuri: Yeah! Keep that energy up Joohyun! We need that for practice! Yeah!

 

Seo: Oh-kay… bye Unnie.

 

Yuri: No Joohyun! Jump with me!

 

***

 

7. Choi Sooyoung

 

Soo: Ohhhh what is this thing?!

 

Seo: It’s a recorder Unnie.

 

Soo: So cool! So old school! I love it!

 

Seo: This is the latest Sony digital voice recorder. It came out last month.

 

Soo: What?! Are you serious! That’s so cool!

 

Seo: Unnie you need to answer the question now.

 

Soo: Okay but can I press record?! I’ve always wanted to do that!

 

Seo: Oh but I already did…

 

Soo: Joohyun how could you betrayed me?! Oh my god my heart…

 

Seo: I’m so sorry Unnie. You can press record some other time.

 

Soo: Okay. I guess it couldn’t be help. Soooooo love. Love love love.

 

Seo: Yup. That’s the word.

 

Soo: Love.

 

Seo: Yeah. What does it mean to you?

 

Soo: Hmm…. Love is when you have endless amount of food in your house!

 

Seo: Eh?

 

Soo: Yeah. Oh my god that was so poetic. Make sure you quote me on that Joohyun!

 

Seo: Umm yeah… I sure will Unnie. Thanks a lot.

 

Soo: No problem! I probably helped you a lot seeing my answer already completed half of your assignment. Right?!

 

Seo: Yeah totally.

 

***

 

8. Im Yoona

 

Seo: Unnie are you done?

 

Yoona: Just a sec! I need to get the last scoop…. Yessss that was the last scoop of ice cream! You cannot tell Taeyeon unnie okay?

 

Seo: I won’t.

 

Yoona: Hehehe good!

 

Seo: Unnie?

 

Yoona: Hmm?

 

Seo: The question? Answer it? Please???

 

Yoona: Oh yeah sorry! What was it again?

 

Seo: What is love to you?

 

Yoona: Oh that’s easy!

 

Seo: Okay.

 

Yoona: Love, for me is… you.

 

Seo: EH?! ME?!

 

Yoona: Yeah, you: Seo Joohyun. I can help you with the spelling if you want.

 

Seo: N-no thanks. I… got it. Umm… is that all?

 

Yoona: That’s all I need.

 

Yoona: Seo? Are you okay? Your face is so red though.

 

Yoona: Seo? Seohyun? Seo Joohyun?

 

Yoona: Okay then… now where did Sooyoung Unnie hide those chips…

 

 

A/N: Lol idk... this one-shot just happens... I had thought to make it an on-going but we'll see. And btw, to my fellow Americans, happy 4th of July yo