1

I Hope Hyung Will Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong was unfocused. He sat on the floor, his back leaning against the sofa. It seemed like his mind was too occupied by his own thoughts, until he couldn’t notice Hoya had already returned from the kitchen. Hoya brought them both two cups of Hot choco. When Hoya plopped himself down on the single sofa, Sungjong was subconsciously scribbling something on the paper, which was placed on the coffee table. Hoya viewed his dongsaeng's weird attitude curiously. Silently, he leant over to see what Sungjong was writing. Sungjong himself still seemed unaware of him being watched by his own Hyung. He kept moving his pen, scribbling the same hangul he had been subconsciously writing these past few days. He didn’t even forget to draw a small heart symbol around the Hangul.

“Kim Myungsoo...”

Hoya’s voice startled the maknae as the older boy  spelt the hangul aloud. The maknae now had placed his palm above his chest, trying to calm himself down. Somehow, the scene made Hoya laugh. Looking annoyed, Sungjong threw his pen towards Hoya.

“ you, Hoya! You startled me!”
“Hey, what’s the problem? You’ve been writing Myungsoo’s name for the last fifteen minutes, but you didn’t even notice that you were doing that! and FYI its Hoya HYUNG, Lee Sungjong and stop cursing please i thought im your most respected hyung?.” Hoya pout.

“Respected hyung my “ Sungjong mumble, then he stare at Hoya that seems still staring at the paper he was holding.

Sungjong’s eyes widened a bit and he quickly swept the paper off the coffee table, attempting to hide it from Hoya. He saw a smirk on Hoya’s face and that made Sungjong feel even more uneasy.

“You have a crush on Myungsoo.” 
“No, I don’t.”
“Oh yes, you do.”
“Hyung, I don’t have a crush on Myungsoo! I swear!”
“Watch your mouth, Sungjong. It’s not good to swear whilst actually you’re lying.”

Sungjong opened his mouth to say something but he stopped. He pouted a little, eyeing the older who was now smiling widely at him. He sighed and then finally spoke up, “Okay, okay. I admit I have a crush on Myungsoo hyung. I like him, not as a friend. I like him in a different way. Now, are you satisfied?”

“Mm...Not yet.”
“Oh, come on, hyung! What else do you want to know about it?!”
“What will you do?”

Sungjong’s expression changed after Hoya asked him. He looked up at Hoya, mouth gaping open but no words coming out. Minutes passed, Sungjong finally spoke again, “What will I do? I...I don’t know. Maybe......Aah! I don’t know, hyung!”

Sungjong really looked frustrated right now. Hoya slid down, joining Sungjong to sit on the floor. He put his cup of hot choco down on the table, as he turned to Sungjong and looked so serious.

“You do know the answer, Sungjong. Confess to him.”
“Hell no!”
“Trust me, Sungjong. You don’t want to hide your feeling any longer because you know it makes you want to explode by having such a strong feeling towards your own friend. Now I suggest you go and confess to him. He should know about your feeling!”
“But, what if he doesn’t like me back? I mean, I don’t even know if he’s into guys or not.”
“Yes, you’re right. I don’t know either.”
“Besides, Myungsoo hyung is so difficult to figure out. He’s like a unpredictable human being. I can’t guess what he’s thinking. He always looks serious and weird sometimes”
“Yes. Myungsoo seldom spends his free time with us. He prefers to be alone and to be with his camera.”
“That’s it. Now, how can I confess to him if he’s like that? At least, I have to know a little more about him. I can’t just talk to him: ‘Hey, Myungsoo hyung. I like you. Want to go on a date with me?’ like that. It would be so awkward, hyung!”
“But, Sungjong. If I were you, I would just confess to him. I don’t care about his reaction because the point is, I’ve confessed to him and he knows about what I feel towards him. If you keep waiting until you know more about him, it will be too late.”

Sungjong stayed silent. He was thinking about Hoya’s words. Was it right if he confessed his feeling to Myungsoo this soon? What if Myungsoo would think weirdly at him after he confessed his feeling? What if his friendship with Myungsoo would be ruined because he confessed his feeling? What if everything turned out to be worst? What if—wait, too many ‘what if’s. Hoya might be right. Just confess and everything would be fine. At least, Sungjong hoped so. 

“Now, what will you do? It’s up to you, though. I don’t mind if you won’t follow my lead. I just tell you what I think is the best for you.”
“...Okay. I’ll take your advice. I’ll confess to him tomorrow. What do you think?”
“That’s really good. You know, Sungjong. I will always support you.”

Sungjong smiled bitterly at Hoya. He wasn’t sure about his decision, to tell the truth. But he also didn’t want to disappoint Hoya by not taking his advice. 

***


Sungjong entered their practice studio without noticing that someone was already there first. Myungsoo was playing his guitar when Sungjong walked in.

“Morning,” Myungsoo greeted the maknae without tearing his eyes apart from his guitar.

Maybe he didn’t even know who was coming in, actually. Myungsoo didn’t greet him because he knew that it was Sungjong who came in, he did it only to be polite. Sungjong felt a bit disappointed by that. However, Sungjong walked approaching him and then sat down on the single sofa across from Myungsoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter