One-shot

Sweet Cake

Sungmin watched the paper flying out of his locker the moment he opened it. He picked up the yellow post-it from the floor and raised an eyebrow when he saw that all that was written was that he had to go to the rooftop during lunch time. He pouted, he wanted to eat in the cafetería today.

“Anyway, Donghae better have something good then.”

He took his book for the next class, closed his locker and folded the post it and saved in in his pocket.

Sungmin didn’t see Donghae during the first clases, which made him doubt on going to the rooftop during lunch. But then, who put he post-it in his locker?

He reaches the rooftop five minutes after the lunch bell rang, but there’s no one there.

“Yah Donghae, where are you!?”

A giggle behind him surprises him, when he turns around Sungmin finds his friend grinning and a white box in his hands.

“You knew it was me?”

“No way I can confuse your horrible handwritting.”

Donghae pouts and Sungmin smiles at him. He likes teasing the younger.

“Anyway, why did you get me here?”

“Well, isn’t it obvious? I made a cake for you!” Donghae shows the white box to Sungmin again “Happy birthday Minnie!”

Sungmin stares at the box with a blank expression, he gulps. “You made it yourself?” he asks.

“Yes!” Donghae says excited, already sitting in the floor and cutting a piece for Sungmin, “I asked Ryeowook to help me, but he said I should learn by myself.”

Oh how much Sungmin hates when Donghae frowns and pouts at the same time. It makes him want to make that pout disappear with a kiss.

But then Donghae has a big smile again when he gives Sungmin a piece of cake.

“It looks nice, Hae” he comments, the cake actually looks pretty good.

It always looks good.

Donghae expecting eyes on him makes Sungmin nervous, so when he takes the first bite of cake, he has to fight his mouth from chewing weirdly in front of Donghae.

The cake is actually not bad, at least this time is not chewy. But then it’s not good, because it’s completely tasteless.

Sungmin makes yummy noises when he’s eating the second spoon and Donghae’s face shows so much excitement and happiness that Sungmin doesn’t think he’ll ever be able to tell Donghae the truth.

But I wouldn’t care making yummy noises to tasteless cakes the rest of my life if he’s this happy.

Donghae is about to take a spoon of his own peice of cake when Sungmin takes the plateo ut of his hands.

“Yah, what now!?”

“Mine!” Sungmin sticks his tongue out and Donghae pouts again at his friend’s selfishness.

“But I made it!”

“Yes, for me, so it’s mine!” Sungmin brings the white box with the rest of the cake to his side. “I’ll buy you something in return later.”

Donghae is smiling again, “Stupid bunnie, it’s your birthday, you don’t have to buy anything for me.”

Sungmin takes a new spoon of cake to his mouth, mentally squealing at Donghae’s sweet and innocent words. He doesn’t know what he does to him, right?

Donghae might never taste his own cakes, because he only makes them for Sungmin and the latter always claims the whole thing for himself, so he might never know how chewy or tasteless they are.

But Sungmin doesn’t care eating the whole cake by himself, because Donghae’s smile is sweet enough for him.

 

___________________

Actually been writing this one for a while xD Just never had a concrete idea of how to do it. Wanted to write a Haemin, and seeing Donghae in Panda and Hedgehog BUT reminding his childish personality, I just had the idea he couldn't make a cake right lol

Hope you like it :)