Ep3 Twins in Love

One Twin Too Many [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my locker door to get my books and a light blue note fluttered down towards the floor. I smiled and bent over to pick it up, turning the note over to see the neat handwriting on the other side of the paper. It was signed Eunhyuk at the end, telling me he hoped that I would like his little gift this time as well.

“Another love letter?” Sungmin piped up behind me suddenly, giving me a scare. I blushed and shoved the note into his hands while taking out the tiny jar of lucky stars and another small box of my favourite chocolates from my locker, all the while still wondering how Eunhyuk got my combination.

“Dear Donghae,” my best friend read, making disgusted faces as he continued reading the sweet note. “I hope you like the gifts I got you today. These chocolates are not half as sweet as you, but I think they’ll do for the moment. Love, Eunhyukkie… Good gracious Hae, who is this fluffy cheese ball who keeps popping mysterious stuff into your locker nearly all the time? And he even used a nickname for himself in the end?” Sungmin shuddered, shoving the note back at me. “Please keep all your sparkling unicorns to yourself, Hae. I think I’m going to puke rainbows any moment now.”

“You’re the one to talk,” I laughed, stuffing a piece of chocolate into his open mouth. His eyes widened in surprised but he continued chewing on it anyway whilst I popped another of the chocolaty treat into my own mouth. “Mm, dark chocolate…”

“You guys are so whipped,” my bestie grumbled. “Why won’t the both of you just get together already?”

“Well, somebody decided to be a genius and told the twins that I also had a twin, and that someone and his boyfriend couldn’t do any damage control after that…”

Sungmin scowled and stole another square of chocolate from me. “Hey, at least I tried. But don’t you think it would have been really fun after all? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. I’ve always wanted to be a twin myself and I’m pretty sure they’d understand in the end.”

I shrugged and pushed the box of chocolates back into my locker, making a mental note to thank Eunhyuk for them later. Grabbing a few books for Squeak’s lesson after this, I closed my locker and dragged Sungmin to our classroom down the hall despite his protesting because he wanted another of my chocolates.

“No. Get Kyu to buy them for you instead.”

“Hmmph. Meanie.”

 

* * *

 

Our classes were different for the day but Eunhyuk and I nearly always spent our lunch break together. Usually, Hyukjae would be playing soccer with the rest of the guys while Sungmin and Kyuhyun preferred finding a rather secluded and quiet classroom to do whatever they wanted to do in there for the entire hour.

For me, I loved spending time on the school rooftop. It was my favourite place even back before the twins came because I didn’t like being a third wheel while hanging around Sungmin and Kyuhyun. Sometimes I would join them for lunch, but more often than not I found myself coming to the rooftop just to stare up into the serene blue sky and count the number of fluffy white clouds passing by, enjoying the light, windy breeze as it tugged at my brown hair and often sending them flying in all different directions. But I loved the peace and tranquility up there, far away from the chaos and noise in the school’s cafeteria or field where the rowdy soccer athletes played.

I loved the way the sun rays would shine down on my face, making me feel all the more energized to face the rest of the day until I went home. It was somewhat very uplifting, and at times Sungmin even teased me for the healthy pink glow on my cheeks, asking me what ‘naughty’ business I’d just been up to – when really, it was them who had been then ‘naughty’ ones, I presume…

Eunhyuk found me on the rooftop by accident. He claimed that he was just exploring the school building when he noticed me studying my notes for a quiz later on. He joined me, startling me at first, and offered to help me with my memorizing since he’d already studied the night before. Ever since then, the both of us would spend nearly every passing minute of lunch at the rooftop where we’d just talk or fool around. He hasn’t mentioned about our relationship yet, and I was really thankful for that simply because I didn’t even have an answer myself yet.

“Look, that cloud totally looks like a bunny,” I pointed into the sky as I laid on his lap, a gesture that might have meant more to other couples but only signified the close friendship bond between us that we were beginning to develop. It’s already been nearly one month since our first encounter, after all. Besides, his lap was very comfy. Just saying.

“I think it looks more like a fish to me,” Eunhyuk answered, squinting with his already tiny eyes. “See, that’s the tail and the top part of its fins.”

“No,” I shook my head stubbornly. “Those aren’t the tail fins because they’re the bunny ears!!”

Eunhyuk tilted his head and chuckled. “Really? I never knew fishes had bunny ears.”

I scrunched up my nose and hit him playfully on the thighs. “Yah, stop teasing me,” I whined, turning to face the other side. He laughed again and apologized, but I wouldn’t look back at him. “It’s a bunny so stop saying it’s a freaking fish, Lee Eunhyuk.”

“Alright, alright,” he laughed. “It’s a bunny with fish fins.”

“Hmph,” I pouted, getting up on my feet and walking to the railing. I could see the entire school compound from up here and the view was simply beautiful. “Eunhyuk is a meanie!!” I yelled into the stratosphere, giggling when I immediately felt his presence right behind me. He extended his left arm around my waist and pulled me a little closer to him.

“Hey hey hey, who are you calling a meanie?” Eunhyuk frowned at me, but I could see his lips curling upwards towards the end. His breath tickled my ear and being the ticklish person I was, I couldn’t help spurting helpless giggles especially after he caught on and began tickling me at the sides mercilessly.

“No no no, stop please…” I begged, running away from him. “I’m super ticklish!!”

“Hmm, I’ll stop when you tell me it’s really a fish and not a bunny that you saw earlier,” he smirked.

“Never!! It’s obviously a bunny, idiot!!” I countered, holding my aching sides.

“Okay, I’m coming for you!!”

“Stay away!!” I shrieked, seeing him catch up to me in two seconds flat. The next moment we both tumbled to the floor and started wrestling each other on the ground, just like the first time I brought him to the field. Except that he was aiming for my weak sides the whole time and I was a breathless gigglin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter