It's Unfair!

We Got Married

Heechul sidestepped the fans through the security door and climbed into the van waiting for him.

Beijing was just as big as he remembered. As he slid into the black van, he slipped off his sunglasses to watch the city go by.

The driver dropped him off some miles north of the airport, and Heechul climbed out with a word of thanks.

He went to the back of a bunch of apartment blocks and climbed the fire escape to the fourth floor, there he knocked.

"Hannie I missed you," he smiled as his lover opened the door for him.

He enveloped him in a hug as soon as he was inside. 

"I'm glad to see you. I got your bags an hour ago," Hangeng said closing the door.

"Oh good I was afraid they'd get lost. Ah Heebummie you made it too!" Heechul ran to cuddle his cat, but the Russian Blue was too interested in exploring Hangeng's apartment and scurried off in search of Hangeng's cat.

Heechul giggled and stretched himself out on the couch, watching Hangeng shuffled around with a goofy grin.

"I've been watching We Got Married," he said.

"Really?" Heechul asked. "You're not jealous are you?"

"A little." Hangeng chuckled. "But I mean it's not real so it's okay."

Heechul's smile faltered a little. Hangeng noticed it. 

"It's not real, right Heechul?"

"Of course not." Heechul said quickly. "Yet."

"Yet?"

"Hannie." Heechul sat up. "You know I've been talking about settling down for a while now, and...well I really like Puff. I'm thinking of asking her to marry me."

"It won't be a real marriage," Hangeng frowned

"It will be if I propose after the show, with no scripts or cameras." Heechul pointed out, looking uneasy. "I'm going to marry her Hannie, she's the one."

"The - "

Hangeng stared for the longest time, before abruptly getting up and storming into his room, slamming the door behind him.

"Hannie!" Heechul ran after him, leaning against the door. "Damnit Hannie open the door."

"You're going to marry her?! You're mine Heechul! I won't allow it!"

Heechul sighed. "Hannie we can't legally be together you know that, it's illegal and if anyone knew about us we'd be jobless and outcaste. I'll still be yours - "

"No you wont' be! My heart belong solely to you, and yet you're sharing yours?!"

"I'm not sharing anything! I still love you!" Heechul called. "Hannie you can't control me. Puff is sweet and beautiful and everything I want in a wife. We both knew I was going to marry at some point. I want children Hannie! I want a family! Please understand."

"No I don't ing understand! This is unfair Heechul - it hurts! There's adoption - other ways of having a family. You can marry me in another country. It's unfair!"

"Hannie!" Heechul slammed his hand on the door. "I want MY children not someone elses. Marrying you overseas is pointless, it's still illegal here and if people knew about it we'd be ed!"

"It's unfair!"

"Life is unfair!" Heechul shouted. "Life took you from me! Life forced me to move on! Life brought you back to me at the worst time! Grow up. You know I can't remain single forever. I'm at the age I'm expected to marry, you knew I wanted children. I can't have them with you. If I could have yours I would but I can't."

"You can't Heechul, you just can't."

Heechul closed his eyes to stop his tears. He failed. "She reminds me of you. She reminds me of everything I love about you. She makes me happy Hannie, I love her as much as I love you. I'm an idol in Korea Hannie, you know exactly what would happen if I adopted without a wife, or announced my relationship with you."

"And I'm Chinese! That's practically suicide and I'm willing to do it for you!"

"I won't let you ruin yourself!" Heechul cried. "I'm not letting you destroy your life for me! Be realistic for one minute, yes we love each other but this isn't a movie, you can't just do stupid stuff like that! You think that will solve anything? It will only create problems. There's no happy ending if we do that!"

"Stop talking!"

"Hannie you're acting like a child! Grow up and see reality! Look at it this way, if I marry Puff we can be together without being questioned, all the rumours will disappear."

"No we can't! You can't marry someone and then lie to them! You'll hurt her by doing that!"

"I talked to her." Heechul said calmly. "She knows about us. She won't mind when I explain it to her. She's sweet, she'll understand. I don't want either of you to leave my life."

"STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS!"

Heechul heard something break. He snapped.

"HANGENG! Stop acting like a five year old child!" he punched the wall in anger.

Moments later the door was swung open. 

"I'm not a five year old ing child." Hangeng snapped.

"Oh it's so unfair, you're mind it's unfair, waa waa waa," he said mockingly. "Grow the up. I'm not saying I don't love you."

"I - "

"No shut up!" Heechul stomped his foot on the ground. "Shut up for five seconds, please listen to me."

"I know you'll marry, I know but right now I don't want to accept - "

"Hannie you can't ignore it." Heechul reached out and took Hangeng's hands. "Please love, calm down, and listen."

Hangeng took a deep breath, and stopped talking.

"I will explain things to Puff. She wants to be with me, I adore her, she's perfect for me. If I could be with you in front of the whole world, believe me I would, but you know I can't. I can love you both, maybe I'm selfish to need both of you, but I can't let either of you go."

Hangeng nodded slowly. Heechul leaned up to kiss him. "I love you with all my heart Hangeng. I will always love you no matter where I am or who I'm with. I will understand if you don't want to be my best man."

"I will." Hangeng murmured. "I'll be there for you both."

"Thank you my love." Heechul whispered. "Puff will be so happy."

"Can we...stop talking about marriage now?" Hangeng stammered.

Heechul smiled. "Do I need to remind you how much I love you?" his hands traveled to Hangeng's shirts buttons.

Hangeng nodded. Heechul locked their lips together, and pushed him back into the bedroom.