The Hogwarts express

Hogwarts: the first year

Keeping his head down, Luhan shuffled down the fast moving train. Being muggle born, Luhan knew nobody and also not what to do. So he opted for trying to find an empty carriage where he could spend the rest of his time on the way to Hogwarts in. Awkwardly peering into carriage after carriage he signed for the hundredth time that morning. They were all full of happy, rowdy first years.

Luhan was afraid that he wouldn't make friends because he was a little bit shy and slightly awkard. Also looking at all the student crowded together, he saw that they were all already friends and wouldnt need a tag along like him. Thus Luhan though that he would have a lonely year at Hogwarts.

Luhan continued down the train, resigning himself to sit in the corridor for the whole journey.  Almost loosing hope, he spotted a carriage with a single boy in it.

'Well I don't think that I'll find an empty carriage and he looks friendly', Luhan thought to himself as he lingered outside the door. Gathering his courage, he decided that it wouldn't hurt to try. So taking a big breath he knocked on the carriage door then opened it.


Taking in the appearance of the boy already residing in the carriage, he absorbed camel eyes, golden brown hair and a mouth that resembled the Cheshire Cat from Alice in wonderland.

"Umm sorry to interrupt but umm can I please sit in here? The rest of the train is full", Luhan asked, one hand on the door and the other awkwardly scratching his head.

The boy in the carriage threw his head back and laughed gesturing for Luhan to come in.

"Yes sure! Not like I'm using all this space here", the boy said as Luhan sat in the seat opposite from him.

"My name is Jongdae, what's yours", the newly dubbed Jongdae said as he offered the nervous Luhan a small smile.

"I'm Luhan" he muttered quietly looking at the floor.

"What sorry couldn't hear ya, repeat it please," Jongdae said with a smile creeping onto his face.

"My name is Luhan" Luhan repeated again louder.

"Seriously dude you really need to speak up! What is your name?"

"Luhan"

"Repeat sorry what?"

"MY NAME IS LUHAN!", Luhan practically shouted starring straight into Jongdae's smug looking eyes.

"Woah calm down, I don't think the whole train needs to know your name is Luhan" came a new voice from the door.

Surprised, Luhan whipped his head towards the voice and saw a short boy with magenta hair. Blinking he realized that he had shouted his name at Jongdae just as this new boy came into the carriage. Face heating up Luhan hid his face in his hands.

"Hey what are you doing! No need to hide! The name is baekhyun." Came a voice near Luhan but he refused to lift his head.

"Eyyy Jongdae I think you broke him,"

"What? no I didn't"

"I told you not to terrorize anybody while I went to the bathroom and look what you've done! He's not responding anymore!"

"That wasn't my fault! He was way too quiet! You know that i don't like quiet people!"

"So? Still doesn't mean that you should scare them outta their wits, ohh look he's moving!"

"Hey Luhan come on look up we ain't gonna eat you"

After Luhan had gotten his face under control he peered up at the two curious faces above him. The boy Baekhyun was looking reproachfully at a bashful Jongdae.

Jongdae gave him a large grin "welcome back to the land of the cool and the awesome! The midget next to me is Baekhyun but just call him Baek cos Baekhyun is too long and is really hard to shout across a room", Jongdae said before he received a whack from the newly christened Baek.

"Ya what was that for" Jongdae shouted as he nursed a new lump on his head.

"Don't go turning Luhan against me!" Turning to face Luhan, Baekhyun smiled " don't listen to what this idiot says, it's mostly just lies-"

"I don't lie"

"But don't worry cos I'm here and I'll protect you from this evil boy!" Baekhyun exclaimed with a huge grin to Luhan.

"Umm thanks" Luhan mumbled, slightly intimidated by the two rowdy boys infront of him.

"Look Baek see!! He is too quiet!"

"Maybe because your too upfront you big idiot! You always intimidate people with your big mouth"

"What?! No I don't thats you! You always get up in people's faces and are too clingy!"

"Excuse you I'm not clingy!"

"Yes you are"

"No I'm not, you you nargal!"

 "Mutated Cornish pixie!"

"Umm please don't fight" said a wide eyed Luhan and he starred at the two fighting boys infront of him. Unfortunately his quiet words went unheard.

"Fire breathing salamander"

"Your face looks like a hippogriph's "

"WILL YOU BOTH JUST PLEASE SHUT UP!" Luhan yelled at the two boys that now looked at him with wide eyes.

"Thank you" Luhan said as he relaxed back into his chair, leaving Jongdae and Baekhyun standing in the middle of the compartment slack jawed as they reevaluated the boy infront of them.

"Wow, you sure have a pair of lungs on you don't ya Luhan" Baekhyun said as both he and Jongdae sat down opposite him.

Blushing Luhan fiddled with his hands in his lap "yeah" he said as he peeked through his fringe at the two boys opposite him.

"That's great! I can use you when I wanna call Baek" Jongdae said while giving Baekhyun a huge Cheshire grin.

"Ya! You can just use him! He is a person not an object!" Baekhyun said to Jongdae.

"So?"

"Urgg you're impossible" Baekhyun said as he threw his hands into the air.
"So Luhan where you from? Me and Jongdae, our parents are good friends so we practically grew up together!" Baekhyun said with a large smile, curious eyes looking at Luhan.

"Umm I'm muggle born" seeing a surprised glance between Baekhyun and Jongdae Luhan felt compelled to say more. "Though just because both my parents weren't wizards doesn't mean that I can't be a great one!" This sentence was accompanied by frustrated arm waving from Luhan.

"Haha I'm sure that you will be Luhan! Im a pure blood, but I'm just gonna warn you. Not all pure bloods are as easy going and good looking as me" Jongdae said and Baekhyun coughed loudly into his hand. Clearing his throat and glancing reproachfully at Baekhyun, Jongdae continued "some pure bloods don't think that muggle born wizards should be wizards at all. They hate you. And a few I know" Jongdae said chewing on his lip "will probably go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome and make your life a misery."

"But Jongdae's not like that so he won't!" Baekhyun cut in enthusiastically " I'm a half blood, pure blood dad with a muggle mum, so don't worry! I'll be here for you and so will Jongdae! We'll protect you from all the nasty purebloods."

"Thank you." Luhan said slightly teary eyed.

"It'll mostly be the slytherins purebloods, the rest will be fine" Jongdae muttered with his hand on his chin, face set into a thoughtful expression.


"Thank you, both of you for being so kind to me. I really appreciate it. But umm what is a Slytherin?" Luhan asked the two boys.


"Ohh right!" Baekhyun said as he slapped his forehead. " you're muggle born you won't know anything about how Hogwarts works".

"We can explain it to him Baek, won't be too hard. We'll start with the different houses. There are four. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and lastly Slytherin..."

Luhan smiled to himself as he settled himself down. Maybe, he though as he listened to Baekhyun and Jongdae explain different aspects of life at Hogwarts, this year won't be as bad as I thought it would be.


AN:

SSOOO what do you think? continue? or not? story on track? if you see any mistakes please tell me and ill correct them :)

please subscribe and comment or upvote :)

SILVERJONGDAE