Chapter 13

Seoul Witches

My Thanksgiving/Birthday surprise!! Comment please!

 


 

Jumping in surprise I look up to find a man in his twenty’s with a head of spike brown hair and piercing dark brown eyes. “Um…” I just stared at him wondering if Taec had a roommate.

“I’ll ask again,” he snapped. While he was talking, he started making his way closer towards me. “What are you doing here?”

Looking around nervously, I tried to find anything that could get me out of this situation. Unfortunately, luck was not on my side. ‘I can’t believe I’m about to do the same thing again in the same day.’

Taking my chances I stared him in the eyes and chanted, “In vino veritas.”(trans. In wine there is truth.)

The stranger’s eyes widen and his breath hitches. In his brief frozen state, I ran up to him and place my lips on his. Forcing my tongue into his mouth, electricity flow through me and into him, and his eyes glazed over in the process. Pushing him into the wall next to me, I stared into his glazed eyes and ask him, “Who are you?”

“I-I-I’m…” he stuttered. He must be trying to fight back. My time is running short as it is.

“What are you doing here then? What’s your relation to Taec?”

“W-we’re here…” he started to groan from the pain of the spell. “…for a… a miss-sion.”

“Who sent you?” I ask lastly.

“Th-the Queen.” My blood went cold at the mention of the queen. My mother. My hold on him release just as the spell wore off. Bad idea to drop my guard because the next thing was me being push into the wall. Looking up into his eyes I saw anger, rage, furry, you name it. “What the hell did you do to me?”

“That’s for me to know and for you to never find out,” I choked out. One more try. Placing my right hand over his eyes, I uttered, “Aegri somnia vana.” (trans. A sick man’s delusive dream.)

The mystery man grunted in pain as his dilated. Pushing him away I grab a chair close by and bash it into his head. He fell from the sudden impact, and I made a quick dash back into Taecyeon’s room, not without the letter from earlier.

Finding my pants I blurted, “Occulto.” (trans. Cover.) After having my jeans and shoes materialize onto me, I ran towards the front door as fast as I can. I need my hyung. NOW!

 

 

--

 

 

Jaeseop

 

“‘…and add four mandrake roots. After leave to boil over fire for an hour.’ Over fire,” I snorted, “yeah well I got a neat stove that will cost me half that time.”

Looking up from the book, I saw a reflection of myself from one of the hanging pans on the ceiling. “Wow, you finally lost it, haven’t you AJ? Talking to myself count as well. Nice going.”

My conversation with myself was cut short as I heard the front door open and then slam shut. “Jonggie~?” I called out as it turn on the stove.

“Hyung?” I heard Jongdae say with a whimper following after.

I turn around and was surprised to see the ever fearless Jongdae in tears. “Oh, my God! Oh, Jongdae.” He ran towards me, where I was waiting with open arms. I place his head on my chest as I ran a hand down his back.

I moved us to the island in the middle of the kitchen and sat us down on the stools. I place his face between my hands and wipe his tears with my thumbs. “Hey, baby, stop crying. Look at me, look into my eyes. I want you to calm down. Take in some deep breaths, in and out, in and out…”

Once his breathing began to even out, I took his hands in mine mutter a quick calming incantation. “Okay, now I want you to explain to me what happen. Did you get attack by the shadow again?”

“I don’t know. I mean I was attack but not by the shadow. I went to Taecyeon’s place for a while because I needed to find something. But then I found something I wasn’t looking for and then I got attack by this man. And then-”

“Woah,woah,woah, wait a minute. Take a deep breath there, baby brother. What exactly did you find and who was the culprit?”

“See that’s the thing. The things that had happened to me were not your typical normal day.” He dug into his back pocket and produced a worn out letter. “This letter was given to him by this Dae person. I don’t know why but that name sounds quite familiar to me for some reason.”

“Ok, but what about the attack?” I ask as I skim through the letter.

“Well some dude busted into the same room that I was. I thought that he was a burglar until I used my truth spell on him, and get this: he knew our mother.”

Now that got my attention. “Come again.”

“That’s what I thought. I mean I used the spell to get the truth and he tells me he was sent hear by ‘The Queen’.”

“Well did he say anything else?”

“Yeah, that’s the thing. My truth spell didn’t work the way I wanted it to do it.”

“As in?” I raised a brow.

“Well it was a spell that I usually used on dates back then. And the liquid that I used wasn’t enough. It’s not called ‘vino’ for nothing.”

“Wait your liquid?”

“Can we focus here? And no, ew. Let’s not go there.”

“Well did he say anything else?”

“No, well other than the fact that it is some sort of mission. I was so scared though. I saw his emotion, his auras. It was so dark. I knew that he wouldn’t hesitate to kill me then and there. And then I had this weird vision.”

“What did you see?”

“Um… an application? No, it was a… um, sign in sheet for a hospital.” He started to rub his in concentration. “I think it said something like Ga-Gangbuk? Yeah, Gangbuk Institute. Isn’t that some sort of rehab place or something?”

“Yeah or something. But that doesn’t make sense. Why hire a hitman if he was some crazy dude?”

“Maybe that’s it, he’s a crazy man.” He started to sniff the air before saying, “You potion is burning.”

Widening my eyes, I shot up from the stool and ran to the stove behind us. “Oh, !”

 

 

--

 

 

“Ok, I’ve got the potion ready and the flowers are set up outside. So all we need to do is- What the hell are you doing?” I found Jongdae on the couch watching ‘My Lovely Girl.’

“What I can’t watch my favorite show anymore?”

“Well I don’t know. Weren’t you the one that came running home this afternoon with tears running your face? Thinking that you might’ve died today?”

Rolling his eyes he said, “Ugh, sometimes I really hate you.”

“I know, and I love you, too.” Raising the flask up, I motion for him to follow me. “Come on, baby. Let’s go.”

We walk into the back yard where there were orchids and lilacs arrange in a circle and an infinity symbol within the circle made of roses. Looking up the moon was glowing brightly, signifying that it has reached its highest peak.

I instructed Jongdae to stand in one end of the infinity sign while I stood in the other one. Opening the flask I took a giant gulp of the horrendous liquid before passing it to Jongdae. He finish the rest without a flinch.

“The hell?” I ask.

“What?” he ask innocently.

“Never mind.” Looking up I saw the moon’s light intensifying. It’s now or never. “Alright Jongdae, the next part just repeat after me.” Receiving a nod in reply, I started to chant: “Ciere luna, excitandis terra. From our body, mind, and soul, we cleanse ourselves of evil and shall bring forth a sacred and protected land. Lux vincet. Tenebrarum cadent.”

Placing our palms together, we fuse our magic together and begin to chant. “Ciere luna, excitandis terra. From our body, mind, and soul, we cleanse ourselves of evil and shall bring forth a sacred and protected land. Lux vincet. Tenebrarum cadent.”

The spell started to work as the wind picks up and the flowers started to fly around all over the place. A light pink smoke flew out of Jongdae’s chest as a blue one flew from me. It started to circle us before they both collided together above us, creating a huge circle that expanded itself around the entire house and a little beyond that.

Jongdae started to fall down but I caught him just in time. I guess this was how I reacted for the first time. “You okay, little brother.”

Blinking quickly he squinted at me. “Um…yeah. Uh, which one are you anyway?”

“The good looking one,” I answered sarcastically.

“Which one, they’re all kind of ugly?”

With an eye roll, I place him over my shoulder and made my way inside. “It’s okay. This is how I felt when I first did it by myself. A good night sleep will make you all better.”

“Yeah, good night’s sleep,” he sounds so close to dead.

“By the way, you will be accompanying me to my school festival.” Trying to sneak it in last minute.

“Oh, really. I haven’t made out with Soryong in a long time.”

“Say what?”

 

 


 

Ciere luna- Evoke the moon

Excitandis terra- Awaken the earth

Lux vincet- Light will conquer

Tenebrarum cadent- Darkness shall fall