001

If This Was A Movie

”What? That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard,” I heard her say as I continued to stir the ice cubes in my empty cup with the straw. Yeah, you didn’t think I know that? I responded in my head, not willing to engage. This conversation is becoming old. “Are you even listening to me, Choi Rin?” Han Na’s voice suddenly became louder and more audible as I braced myself to look up at her disapproving eyes. “Don’t go to Busan. Stay here. You can go to the movies with me or something,” she continued, “Just don’t torture yourself like this.”

I sighed.

“It’s his sister’s wedding and she invited me. It would be rude not to go,” I repeated again, convincing myself more than Han Na who rolled her eyes in response. “The invitation was directed at your family and not you personally,” she started sounding annoyed before she eyed me suspiciously, “Why are you doing this?”

I sighed again.

“I need to see him. Just one more time.”

//

His name is Lee Junho. He and I met in high school as we sat on the sidelines during PE, catching our breath after the lap our teacher made us do. I can’t say for certain but I think the moment my eyes met that pair of eyes was the moment I fell in love.

“Choi Rin? Your name is just Choi Rin?” he asked incredulously after he saw the label on my water bottle. I nodded, taking big gulps of water in attempt to replace the water I just lost from all the sweat. The summer heat had been merciless and I was dying. “We have the same class, you dummy. How did you not know that before? Seonsangnim always calls me that during roll call,” I responded a little snarkily as I wipe the sweat off of my forehead. “Hey, I was just asking…” I heard him say before we fell into an uncomfortable silence.

“Aah… this class is torture. Doesn’t seonsangnim know that the heat is unbearable? He doesn’t even run and just sits under the tree,” he ranted, “Annoying.”

“I’d rather be playing video games in the computer la-” he stopped himself, realizing what he just disclosed. I laughed. “It’s not a secret that you guys play games in there,” I eased his panic as his cheeks began to blush in embarrassment, “All the teachers know.”

“Aish… it’s because the guys from the other class wouldn’t shut the door properly and they play so loudly! They never bring their headphone and always shouts like they’re playing in their room or something,” he began to rant again, “Tsk. Annoying.”

I finally turned my head towards him and was greeted by the sight of a grumpy guy who in all sense of purposes had ranted and ranted about everything and yet—

“LEE JUNHO! CHOI RIN!” our teacher called out loud, “GET UP AND CONTINUE YOUR LAP!”

He huffed as he stood up and I couldn’t help but to laugh. He looked towards me and our eyes met — his gorgeous eye smile met mine and I felt a click in my chest.

I smiled.

One of those inspirational bullcrap that people like to say is that you need to learn to get back up after you fall -- well, I never quite learned how to get back up after I fell for him. And I never minded that -- not one bit.


A/N: Hee. An ultra short chapter, I know. Hopefully this chapter introduces you to the tone of this fic. Also, here's a picture of Junho being all sweaty ((and super hot)). Comment, subscribe, and like (or is it upvote???) - I love hearing what you guys think! :) See you on the next update~ <3